AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Teen reported missing after her parents are found dead in Wisconsin home
Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said yelling could be heard on the call, including a cry for help, but gave little other information.

Fitzgerald indicated that the Closses had been shot, saying, "This was a gunshot crime scene," but he said no weapons were found nearby.

Authorities searched the area near the home for signs of Jayme, spoke with her friends and searched Riverview Middle School in Barron, officials said.
I'm wondering- could Jayme have been shot, too? If so, was there a trail of her blood in the home?

Any foot prints or dragging marks out to where a vehicle would be parked?

Or any foot prints leading towards the back yard, where she may have tried to run off?

Probably none of the above, but just random thoughts going through my head.

Yes, if the gunshots were heard by neighbors at around 1:00 a.m., the parents very well could have been in bed.

The 1 am timeline is definitely food for thought. I agree it's highly likely the parents were in bed. If they were asleep then why shoot them? Was Jayme also sleeping? Did the murderer purposely wake everyone? How long was he/she in the house? Was there more than one perp?

Why wasn't Jayme murdered? Even if the goal was to abduct a live Jayme, in the end she's also a witness. And that's what frightens me the most.

I'm wondering- could Jayme have been shot, too? If so, was there a trail of her blood in the home?

Any foot prints or dragging marks out to where a vehicle would be parked?

Or any foot prints leading towards the back yard, where she may have tried to run off?

Probably none of the above, but just random thoughts going through my head.
Oh man, I sure hope she wasn't shot. :(
We know they collected bullet casings.

Unless there’s a delay in LE getting back SM analysis, etc I would guess not, since LE has zilch at the moment, unless she was on something like whatsapp maybe and had a burner phone...

I suppose a groomer predator could have supplied her with one.

Sorry if I’ve missed this, did she have a phone and what is the status of that, tia.

There are pictures of her holding a smart phone of some sort, but we don't know if her phone was found at the scene or not. And we don't know for sure if it was the house landline that was used to call 911 or a cell phone from within the house. Some semi-locals here said cell service might not be very good in the area.

The 1 am timeline is definitely food for thought. I agree it's highly likely the parents were in bed. If they were asleep then why shoot them? Was Jayme also sleeping? Did the murderer purposely wake everyone? How long was he/she in the house? Was there more than one perp?

Why wasn't Jayme murdered? Even if the goal was to abduct a live Jayme, in the end she's also a witness. And that's what frightens me the most.
What seems most likely to me is that they were all asleep. Perp attempts to enter the home for the purpose of taking Jayme, and makes too much noise. Parents are shot and he/they take Jayme. Do they have a dog? Did barking wake them up?

Random thoughts...

How did Jayme get to and from school?
If she took the bus, where was the bus stop?
Did someone see her at the bus stop in the mornings/afternoons?
Is track or cross-country ongoing now?
Where did she run for practice?
What businesses did she run past?
Whose homes did she run past?
Was there road construction near the home?
Homes being built?
Were there people who saw her run on a regular basis?
MOO
Good questions. The perp could have easily came when mom or dad or both weren't home. But they wanted them home to get rid of them. They miscalculated a call being made to LE right away. They probably thought nobody would know anything until noon or something.

Oh man, I sure hope she wasn't shot. :(
We know they collected bullet casings.
It’s unlikely.

She would have been easily overcome by a male of just about any size. If she was the object, he wouldn’t have wanted to injure her beforehand.

It’s far more probable in my mind, that she left the house uninjured. As time passes though, the odds of this having anything resembling a happy ending, is increasingly unlikely.

I think it is likely that this person intended to abduct Jayme but her parents woke up during the abduction and were murdered because of that. I also can not help but to think of the meat packing company and its proximity to the Delphi murders and the mention of Jenne-O plant in Barron. Not to get totally off track but there is some resemblance of Jayme and the girls in Delphi. Her facebook pictures with her friend really took me back.

Straight shot to Delphi, 7.5 hours it appears.

We don't really know for certain Jayme was home during the murders right? LE said she was taken from the home and I'm assuming during or after the murders but did LE say when?
Right, but she would have surfaced by now. It was a school night, so she really should have been home asleep. They likely have evidence that she was.
MOO

Might I note that to my knowledge there still has not been arrest in Russell and Shirley Dermond’s case. Please don’t let this all go cold like their case has. I’m worried.

All resources are being utilized. We can bet on that. In fact I’d call this a “MANHUNT”...kind of hard though to track a man when you don’t know who the man is.
We're all assuming that this is a man, but would if.......this was a female that did this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL