AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping this raw footage of the crime scene that is the best I've seen yet (*video at quoted link).

Also adding a couple photos showing some items that are being taken away, not sure if the items were part of the property or not, but interesting to note. Jmo

IMO, looks like a seemingly transparent object (screen?) being carried away on the left
View attachment 151408
Photo source: KatieSteiner on Twitter

A chair
View attachment 151409
Photo source: Amber Alert issued: Deputies search for Wisconsin girl whose parents are dead
The clear thing looks like a glass coffee or dining table to me.

Cases where family member(s) were murdered and child(ren) abducted) just that I recall. There are also others.

Perp known to family:
Hannah Anderson case (1 taken, 1 recovered alive)
Bain family case (2 taken 2 recovered alive)
Smith family case (1 taken, 1 recovered alive)

Perp unknown to family:
Groene family case (2 taken, 1 recovered alive)
Matthew Hoffman murders (1 taken, 1 recovered alive)

Unsolved:
Short family case (1 taken, 1 found dead)

Cases where family member(s) were murdered and child(ren) abducted) just that I recall. There are also others.

Perp known to family:

Perp unknown to family:

Unsolved:
The Groene case was especially horrific. I remember using that one in a college speech and debate class to argue for mandatory minimum sentencing for sex offenders.

I don’t think he’d come to the front door after midnight. The odds would be good that the homeowner would answer the door holding his own gun. What if he entered through a window to kidnap JC and she screamed or her parents woke up which lead to an unintended encounter in the house? Dad may have been shot trying to leave to get help rather than a confrontation at the front door.
Beginning to think it wasn't a stranger. Sounds like whoever it was may have been in the house for a while. Invited perhaps? If Dad was shot at front door and it was the 2nd shot that was loudest, chances are he was shot as the perp was leaving. If someone was tied to the chair, that obviously took some time (though maybe the "rope" is actually the tassel tie to a very thin seat cushion?). Whether it was rope or not the stuff that looks like blood is probably blood. Something happened in that chair or LE wouldn't be taking it with them.

I’ve been reminded today a lot of something that happened to someone I know. They live off a rural main road. One morning the boy comes downstairs and says “mommy who’s that man in bed with J?”

The parents rushed upstairs and held the guy at gunpoint til the cops got there. Turns out this guy was waaaaaasted drunk, crashed his car around the corner, walked to the nearest house, opened the unlocked front door, and went upstairs in the bedroom and passed out in the girl’s bed (supposedly nothing sexual happened unless the daughter is lying).

My point, I’m just wondering what the chances are of some random nutjob just going in, for whatever reason.

And it’s not making sense right now as a scenario becasue it seems like he went in with a gun ready to execute...

But if they were restrained, maybe he wanted something, if those are zip ties and rope he must have brought them, I’ve heard of many horrific random home invasions...have they ever taken a victim...no mention of robbery has been indicated...I’m rambling just some thoughts.
BBM
LE said they didn't find weapons at the house, and it sounds like the perp used a shotgun. IIRC there was a post earlier that said the Father was looking forward to hunting, so he almost certainly had a hunting firearm. IF the perp was originally invited in, I wonder if some unexpected argument happened and the killer actually used the Dad's own gun. An argument like "I'm taking Jayme away and we're going to get married". "Like Hell you are". Perp knows the house, knows where the gun is and gets it. That wouldn't necessarily mean Jayme was compliant. It could be like the lunatic that abducted ES from her bed to make her his wife.

Maybe something heard on the 911 call, something found on her phone or something one of her friends shared? Maybe someone was bothering her or she was chatting with strangers online and her friends shared that? Or maybe there was evidence at the scene that she did not leave willingly.

Yes, they mentioned that they spoke with her friends and it seemed like it was a clue maybe, dropped into that article.

Police: Missing Wisconsin teen possibly spotted in Miami
Miami Police say a missing 13-year-old girl from Wisconsin, whose parents were found dead inside their home, may have been seen in Miami.
According to police, Jayme Closs might have been seen at a gas station along Northwest 27th Avenue and 11th Street. The person who reported it, said she was with two men in their 30's who were about 5'7" to 5'9," weighing about 200 to 250 lbs, and both with beards. That same witness told police the black Ford Explorer they were in had a Wisconsin tag of I60WER.

I just looked it up on google maps, the drive from Barron to Miami would take 26 hours. It seems possible if the perps decided to hit the road and drive with no long stops. With two people, they could have taken turns driving on the way down. What makes this report especially intriguing is the Wisconsin license plate. Good job on the tipster for being alert.

I’m skeptical of eye witness sightings in general, but especially this one. It’s something along the lines of 26 hours from the location of the house, to Miami.

It would have taken time for this supposed sighting to actually be reported by the media. This means that it was likely several hours ago.

If this crime occurred at around 1 in the morning, and even factoring in the extra hour time difference and the possibility that these guys speeded the whole way, it doesn’t seem to compute time wise.

Last edited:
I’m skeptical of eye witness sightings in general, but especially this one. It’s something along the lines of 26 hours from the location of the house, to Miami.

It would have taken time for this reported sighting to actually be reported by the media. This means that it was likely several hours ago.

If this crime occurred at around 1 in the morning, and even factoring in the extra hour time difference and the possibility that these guys speeded the whole way, it doesn’t seem to compute time wise.
Same thinking here. I doubt it was Jayme. Actually, and sorry to say this but I doubt the sighting is true.

Perp known to family:

Perp unknown to family:

Unsolved:

There's a fairly recent case where the Mom was murdered and 2 daughters kidnapped by a family friend, I can't find it but I'm sure someone else here can think of it for me, the girls had very unique names?

This may be a dumb question but what sort of evidence would lead LE to be so certain Jayme was abducted and is in danger, as they have said?
If LE comes upon the scene and finds a male & female dead from gun shot wounds and sees evidence of a female teen living there, how did they know she wasn't just staying with a friend that night? I'm not questioning the validity of their finding, I'm genuinely wondering what sort of evidence made them certain that she was abducted and in danger so quickly after responding after the 911 call.

It could be the lack of evidence. Nothing to suggest she had a boyfriend or anything who she might have "voluntarily" left with. I put the words in quotes because a child that age can't make that decision when the other person is a manipulative adult. Like the poor Elizabeth Thomas case.

It could also suggest they have evidence she was talking on line to someone who tracked her.

It would have taken time for this supposed sighting to actually be reported by the media. This means that it was likely several hours ago.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I’m generally sceptical of sightings as well. What‘s different to most other sightings is they have a tag, and the gas station will most probably have surveillance, so they should soon figure out who these people are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bomber1978