Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Keep the case alive; ask the public for information as a means of alerting them a madman is in their midst.

What signs of a mad man are there? Just the fact that she is dead? That does not mean murder. We don’t know what they have found. It is possible they do have video and that she was alone day. We just don’t know.

What signs of a mad man are there? Just the fact that she is dead? That does not mean murder. We don’t know what they have found. It is possible they do have video and that she was alone day. We just don’t know.
There is none. I think you missed the irony of the reply, my fault for not making it more clear.

IMO By not saying that the mostly likely explanation is suicide, because there was evidence of an accelerant used etc., LE may be leaving some members of the public fearing about a murderer in their midst. If they are protecting a victim's "good name", they are not serving the rest of the community, are they?

MOO

IMO By not saying that the mostly likely explanation is suicide, because there was evidence of an accelerant used etc., LE may be leaving some members of the public fearing about a murderer in their midst. If they are protecting a victim's "good name", they are not serving the rest of the community, are they?

MOO

This is a gruesome death scene, and nightmarish if it was murder (which I believe it was).

Murder by a random robbery or thrill kill would be a serious threat to the community.

Suspected murder by family member or associate with an identifiable motive would not be a particular threat to the community.

The silence by LE and the family makes me think it is the latter. We've seen LE smear innocent people before by naming them as suspects, so generally discretion is preferred unless the public needs to know for safety reasons.

This is a gruesome death scene, and nightmarish if it was murder (which I believe it was).

Murder by a random robbery or thrill kill would be a serious threat to the community.

Suspected murder by family member or associate with an identifiable motive would not be a particular threat to the community.

The silence by LE and the family makes me think it is the latter. We've seen LE smear innocent people before by naming them as suspects, so generally discretion is preferred unless the public needs to know for safety reasons.
Any time a suspect in a "gruesome...nightmarish" murder is allowed to walk free, it's a threat to the community -- especially so to those who might also suspect, or know. Someone deranged enough to commit this crime would suddenly have qualms about further acts to maintain his or her freedom? I think not. It's more likely they'd torch a building to silence a single foe. The interests of the community far outweigh family reputation. LE would never take that chance.

Any time a suspect in a "gruesome...nightmarish" murder is allowed to walk free, it's a threat to the community -- especially so to those who might also suspect, or know. Someone deranged enough to commit this crime would suddenly have qualms about further acts to maintain his or her freedom? I think not. It's more likely they'd torch a building to silence a single foe. The interests of the community far outweigh family reputation. LE would never take that chance.

BBM.

Ok, so you are saying that since LE has been quiet, this was a suicide or accident.

Why would LE make an announcement that there is no evidence that someone did this to Kathleen, if they actually have evidence or even have the slightest suspicion that she was murdered?

My opinion is the ME couldn't determine that she committed suicide and left the manner of death as undetermined. LE found nothing to suggest that she was murdered and made that announcement. The case remains open until some piece of evidence is found that would indicate this was a homicide and at that time the case will be moved in that direction. Until then the case remains a likely suicide and is being treated as such. There is currently no active investigation.

So they let a murderous arsonist walk in society unchecked.

Yes. What's the point of making an arrest if you don't have enough evidence yet? LE could just be waiting for the perp to slip up. Very closely watching his every move. This is what I believe is happening with a case in Richmond, VA. A mother was brutally murdered in her house in May and LE and her family have been unfathomably tight lipped about it. Her death was ruled a homicide and there has been crickets from her son and from LE for months. I even sent messages to all our local TV stations recently because it's so frustrating to know there is a murderer on the loose and seemingly nothing is being done about it. LE told the news stations they have no information to give us at this time. I think LE knows who did it, the family knows who did it, and everyone is just waiting for a final bit of evidence to make an arrest- which is also what I'm hoping is going on here.

VA - Suzanne "Suzie" Fairman, 53, found asphyxiated in bath tub, Richmond, May 2019

Yes. What's the point of making an arrest if you don't have enough evidence yet? LE could just be waiting for the perp to slip up. Very closely watching his every move. This is what I believe is happening with a case in Richmond, VA. A mother was brutally murdered in her house in May and LE and her family have been unfathomably tight lipped about it. Her death was ruled a homicide and there has been crickets from her son and from LE for months. I even sent messages to all our local TV stations recently because it's so frustrating to know there is a murderer on the loose and seemingly nothing is being done about it. LE told the news stations they have no information to give us at this time. I think LE knows who did it, the family knows who did it, and everyone is just waiting for a final bit of evidence to make an arrest- which is also what I'm hoping is going on here.

VA - Suzanne "Suzie" Fairman, 53, found asphyxiated in bath tub, Richmond, May 2019
You really think LE has the resources to "closely watch his every move"? Every day, 24-7? How much manpower do you think that would involve? And how would the perp "slip up"? Kidnap and torch someone else -- with LE evidently hot on his heels in order to make the arrest and save the victim before the fire gets going? They either have evidence or they don't. If they had anything they'd get the firebug off the streets.

Why would LE make an announcement that there is no evidence that someone did this to Kathleen, if they actually have evidence or even have the slightest suspicion that she was murdered?

My opinion is the ME couldn't determine that she committed suicide and left the manner of death as undetermined. LE found nothing to suggest that she was murdered and made that announcement. The case remains open until some piece of evidence is found that would indicate this was a homicide and at that time the case will be moved in that direction. Until then the case remains a likely suicide and is being treated as such. There is currently no active investigation.

I agree. LE is not shy about calling a suspicious death a murder, if it is so determined. Jmo

You really think LE has the resources to "closely watch his every move"? Every day, 24-7? How much manpower do you think that would involve? And how would the perp "slip up"? Kidnap and torch someone else -- with LE evidently hot on his heels in order to make the arrest and save the victim before the fire gets going? They either have evidence or they don't. If they had anything they'd get the firebug off the streets.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one but yes I really do think that. LE is running surveillance on people all the time. I just read a news article yesterday about LE running surveillance on a suspected drug dealer which then lead to an arrest- and that was just for drugs. I'd imagine if they had a suspected murderer they would definitely allocate the required resources to run surveillance. The perp could "slip up" by talking about the murder, maybe his phones are tapped or going back to the crime scene, selling/pawning property of the victim, planning another attack, etc etc etc. There are plenty of ways LE could be watching someone they suspect might be involved and waiting for more evidence.

I'm still undecided with what I think happened here, I'm not ready to commit either way. But I do see both sides, murder vs suicide. I don't think this is as cut and dry as it being "obviously" one or the other at the moment so I'm just trying to mention the other possibilities.

@mks762 Let me ask you this. In the case you are referring to about the mother in Richmond, VA being murdered, has LE make an announcement that they have no reason to believe someone did this (murdered) to the victim.

@mks762 Let me ask you this. In the case you are referring to about the mother in Richmond, VA being murdered, has LE make an announcement that they have no reason to believe someone did this (murdered) to the victim.

LE has said it was a homicide.
Richmond woman’s death ruled homicide by asphyxiation
"The medical examiner’s office confirmed Fairman’s cause of death was asphyxiation and the manner of death was a homicide. The search warrant lists a knife, gloves, bandanna, cord, swabs of red stains, tablets and bedding as evidence taken from the house."

ETA: Where did LE say they don't have a reason to believe someone murdered Kathleen? They have said they don't have any EVIDENCE that someone murdered her, but have they said they don't have a reason to believe someone murdered her??
Sons ask for answers in Milwaukee mother's mysterious death
"There is nothing that has brought us to any conclusion that somebody did this to Kathleen," said Lake County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Sgt. Christopher Covelli. "We don't have any evidence somebody caused this to happen to Kathleen."
To me that says they don't have any evidence either way, or any way, of what happened to Kathleen. Not "we don't think she was murdered"

Last edited:
ETA: Where did LE say they don't have a reason to believe someone murdered Kathleen? They have said they don't have any EVIDENCE that someone murdered her, but have they said they don't have a reason to believe someone murdered her??
Sons ask for answers in Milwaukee mother's mysterious death
"There is nothing that has brought us to any conclusion that somebody did this to Kathleen," said Lake County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Sgt. Christopher Covelli. "We don't have any evidence somebody caused this to happen to Kathleen."
To me that says they don't have any evidence either way, or any way, of what happened to Kathleen. Not "we don't think she was murdered"
SBM

LE didn't actually come out and say "murder" but when they say they can't come to a conclusion "somebody" did this to Kathleen and that there is no evidence "somebody" caused this to happen to Kathleen, it's pretty much a given they are talking about foul play.

LE didn't say they concluded or had any evidence that she caused this to happen to herself either. I think that is because it can't be determined with a great amount of certainty if she did commit suicide.

Point is why would LE make an announcement like that if they had a suspect in their sights, like the case you were referring to?

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel
Back