Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the WI Circuit Court Access link above: “10-17-2013 Confidential Address Info. Dom Abuse/Harass”

This is an abbreviation for Domestic Abuse/Harassment.
Confidential? Is their address in there? Then it's not confidential, LOL. Wisconsin puts everything out there which I don't believe in one iota. Everyone deserves a chance. ok now I see the address, in Eau Claire.

I wonder where he lives now, was he living with her? I'm sure he was the first person they checked out.

Milwaukee has a lot of positives and there are many fun things to do. I’m not a fan of the segregation and violence. Despite its downfalls, I still love the city. We spend a lot of time downtown but we are not ignorant to the violence that does occur on a regular basis. Hopefully at some point leaders can bring the city together. Unfortunately, it has not been successful so far.
My D goes to Marquette. We were excited because we also LOVE Milwaukee. But as any city, once you are there you see the negatives also. She is not a fan of sausage or beer like her parents are, and is slowly finding things she likes. But this is off topic now, so I'll stop.

View Kathleen Ryan's Obituary on fdlreporter.com and share memories

I think the obituary has been shared but I’m sharing it again for reference. Her husband was Peter Remington Ryan. She taught once at Independence School.

I’m not sure if this is ok to share as I’m still new and learning.

Husband was a broker and suspended in 2013. Had 2 large settlements against him.

Also has a restraining order from a school, a school that she taught at. I can’t confirm if he taught there. (Edited to add) I do think he taught there. Board minutes hiring him as asst. football coach. https://www.indps.k12.wi.us/cms_files/resources/7-3-13 minutes mh (1)Paul Vine revisions.docx I wonder if the school filed based on something directly between him and school or if it was related to keeping him away from her at the school? One statement within the record is confusing. Very, very interesting.

Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

BrokerCheck - Find a broker, investment or financial advisor

YES. I was on the fence about posting (I’ve been deleted a “few” times :) ) Open records allow for more theories but it’s best to refrain from posting, for now. LE has access to these records, and more.

I wonder where he lives now, was he living with her? I'm sure he was the first person they checked out.
I suspect they were separated at the time of her death. I did think it was odd at the time that the sons merely confirmed their parents were married for 30 +/- years. They didn’t expand on the relationship like some adult children do. No comments about their Dad in particular. No positive, no negative, at least, I didn’t see any.

I suspect they were separated at the time of her death. I did think it was odd at the time that the sons merely confirmed their parents were married for 30 +/- years. They didn’t expand on the relationship like some adult children do. No comments about their Dad in particular. No positive, no negative, at least, I didn’t see any.

Yea I didn’t see that but thought the obituary was stated in a strange way. It described her dad as beloved, other adjectives used to describe her teaching career, but simply this to describe husband.

“Kathleen married Peter Remington Ryan on July 31, 1987 at St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Fond du Lac, WI. To this union were born...”

Yea I didn’t see that but thought the obituary was stated in a strange way. It described her dad as beloved, other adjectives used to describe her teaching career, but simply this to describe husband.

“Kathleen married Peter Remington Ryan on July 31, 1987 at St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Fond du Lac, WI. To this union were born...”
Early on I noticed on her facebook page that she really respected and liked to honor people who are role models for a good marriage (her mother and father, and son's marriages). I read into those statements as coming from someone who was lacking in that area. JMO - that someone would highlight those attributes if they needed a role model. Coupled with how vague her son's have been in their comments and no mention of PRR searching for her in the days after, I assumed they were estranged amicably. A son's wedding photo from September 2018 showed PRR KR and sons posing happily.

The other thing to consider is that it’s been stated a few times by family members that this wasn’t a typical route for her so even if she was having car troubles, why pull over to a secluded neighborhood and why was she in that neighborhood/route at all?

This link states "Along the route she would've taken, Lake County sheriff's deputies located her vehicle, torched along Highway 41 near Gurnee, Illinois."

‘Our hope is that’s not her:’ Body found in torched vehicle driven by missing Milwaukee teacher

This link states "Along the route she would've taken, Lake County sheriff's deputies located her vehicle, torched along Highway 41 near Gurnee, Illinois."

‘Our hope is that’s not her:’ Body found in torched vehicle driven by missing Milwaukee teacher

That’s interesting. I wonder if that is a typo? This article has her son saying it is not the route she’d take. "It was on an off-beaten path that she would have never taken to Carmel," Sam Ryan said.The body found in a Milwaukee teacher's car could be identified Thursday

That’s interesting. I wonder if that is a typo? This article has her son saying it is not the route she’d take. "It was on an off-beaten path that she would have never taken to Carmel," Sam Ryan said.The body found in a Milwaukee teacher's car could be identified Thursday

It is a strange route to take. Living in the area, the logical route would be 94 to the route 21 exit, which is still quite a ways north of Carmel, but that would be the quickest route. She would probably take 137 westward off of 21 before heading south to the school.

Now, she could take 41 all the way to 137 and head west and avoid a toll, but 41 jogs to the east even farther as it heads south, and it is already east of 94, so it definitely would not be the fastest route. The speed cars travel on 94 is much faster than on 41. You can exit onto 41 right off 94 heading south just south of the border though, so it is easy to jump on, but still not the most logical route for her. I just did it myself last night to head home, and I did do that to avoid the Waukegan toll plaza because I am cheap, but the travel time is about the same for me either route I take home.

Kind of a technical post, but people are free to map it to see what I am saying.

Now, she could take 41 all the way to 137 and head west and avoid a toll, but 41 jogs to the east even farther as it heads south, and it is already east of 94, so it definitely would not be the fastest route. The speed cars travel on 94 is much faster than on 41. You can exit onto 41 right off 94 heading south just south of the border though, so it is easy to jump on, but still not the most logical route for her. I just did it myself last night to head home, and I did do that to avoid the Waukegan toll plaza because I am cheap, but the travel time is about the same for me either route I take home.

Could she have taken 41 to 176? Looks like a better route to get to Carmel. Also I saw a picture of the driveway where the car was found but cannot find that driveway in the area?

Reactions: stg
Could she have taken 41 to 176? Looks like a better route to get to Carmel. Also I saw a picture of the driveway where the car was found but cannot find that driveway in the area?

She could, as Carmel is on 176, but 41 is just so far east of Carmel by the time you get to 176, it still does not make sense as a route, IMHO. She would drive under 94 heading to the school! The only benefit of that route to me would be avoiding the Waukegan toll plaza, but she would lose that money in distance travelled. Maybe that route was just simpler to her, with fewer roads and turns. But, 94 to 21 is just faster and is the preferred route in Google Maps. 41 has stoplights at various points, 94 has none, and she would have been on 94 all the way to Illinois. Why get off of it and onto 41 less than 10 miles from the preferred route 21 exit? Maybe she wanted to stop somewhere en route.

I had not investigated the driveway at all, but there are some hidden driveways along 41 in that area between Stearns School Road and Wadsworth Road. I see two just north of Stearns on the west side of 41 on Google Maps. Not sure if it was one of those.

Last edited:
She could, as Carmel is on 176, but 41 is just so far east of Carmel by the time you get to 176, it still does not make sense as a route, IMHO. She would drive under 94 heading to the school! The only benefit of that route to me would be avoiding the Waukegan toll plaza, but she would lose that money in distance travelled. Maybe that route was just simpler to her, with fewer roads and turns. But, 94 to 21 is just faster and is the preferred route in Google Maps. 41 has stoplights at various points, 94 has none, and she would have been on 94 all the way to Illinois. Why get off of it and onto 41 less than 10 miles from the preferred route 21 exit? Maybe she wanted to stop somewhere en route.

I had not investigated the driveway at all, but there are some hidden driveways along 41 in that area between Stearns School Road and Wadsworth Road. I see two just north of Stearns on the west side of 41 on Google Maps. Not sure if it was one of those.
Do those who live in the area agree with me about how bad traffic on 94 is due to construction? Sometimes Waze takes me on 41 for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova