Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday marks one month since 27-year-old Kelly Dwyer last seen
Posted on: 2:37 pm, November 10, 2013, by Katie DeLong, updated on: 10:42am, November 11, 2013

Over 20 surveillance cameras near Zocco’s East Side apartment building have been unable to provide answers.
“I’ve been to the building. I’ve talked to security there. They got a multitude of surveillance tapes. There’s nothing to show her either leaving alive, leaving dead or leaving any other way. They don’t see it on any cameras. It’s hard.

Imo, depending on bone structure, at 5'7" a woman isn't considered big or fat at 145 pounds. Unless a size medium or ten is considered fat. At 138 lbs. some smalls and eights fit well too. Since older, the stomach area becomes harder to keep in check which is really annoying. Oh, and one's butt gets smaller! lol! (Maybe I'll try wearing my pants backwards!).

I am 5'7", about 150 lbs, and usually wear size 6 or small because I am pretty muscular. Remember, a pound of fat and a pound of muscle are vastly different. Kelly looks fit, she may be muscular too.

I am 5'7", about 150 lbs, and usually wear size 6 or small because I am pretty muscular. Remember, a pound of fat and a pound of muscle are vastly different. Kelly looks fit, she may be muscular too.

I've followed this case from the beginning. Initially her mother described her as 5'7" and of medium build. I thought this was a mother being kind. When I saw the first flier saying 5'7" & 165 # I knew I was right. She certainly seems fit & if mke2013 is right she weighs less now.

I guess it's because I've seen a lot of cases where officers bring up charges against somebody, and when there isn't sufficient evidence to convict, just close the file because, in their opinion, there is no other option. Obviously, I'm not talking about where the evidence is ignored, or what have you, but where there is little, if any, to go on. For instance, where I live (literally across a stream) there was a murder several years back. Despite the fact that he lived 4 hours away and had an alibi, the police accused her estranged husband. When he was (obviously) found not guilty, the police refused to even bother looking for another killer. You see it with wrongly imprisoned persons as well, who are exhonerated through new evidence, yet those who put them away still insist they "got the right guy." Now, not saying KZ is innocent (I wouldn't know), or even necessarily that LE are just focusing, just wondering out loud what is being followed up on.

Not saying it doesn't happen, but they seem to have a lot of evidence building up against the guy. We know they found evidence in the dump. LE aren't going to lay all their cards on the table, even if they are looking at other suspects. They don't have to tell us anything. Luckily for them they were able to jail him on the other charges while they build their case and check all other leads.

KZ is determined and smart. He also has an attitude about cops...he doesn't respect or like them very much (in general). IF he did decide to run, I could see him being successful at it to some degree. He might give it a shot if he thinks he'll be spending the rest of his life in prison. Why not? At the same time, I have a feeling he thinks he can be exonerated of all charges (they will point to lack of evidence...that would be a term he would like). If that is indeed his feeling, he won't run.

So he probably thinks he is smarter than cops. Hence the whole, if I lay out the fact that I do drugs they surely won't think I had anything to do with her disappearance. A kind of, I'm going to act so straightforward they don't think I did it. I thought there always had to to be a good reason for KZ offering up the drug thing so easily and quickly.

I'm not sure this little tidbit has come out before but it could be significant...alleged drug user and child *advertiser censored* possessor, POI in missing person case, and now habitual liar. It all kinda fits IMO.

Lying to Kelly could have led to all manner of conflicts with her (and a possible motive for her disappearance) and lying to LE (which he was probably inclined to do if there was any culpability on his part) is a great way to dig a deeper hole for yourself.

It appears KZ is his own worst enemy - JMO.

He sounds like a perfect storm of psychological problems and he doesn't like cops. I tend to think he believes he is smarter than they are. Entitled comes to mind.

Anything I say about KZ is my best guess only. Yes, I've known him for years and used to be very close to him. Still, I certainly don't know everything that goes through his mind.

He's not really that arrogant of a person (at least he doesn't come across that way). He is actually self-deprecating and funny. He can be cranky and has a bit of a temper but those are probably the worst things I can say about my exposure to him. Oh, and the lies. He definitely struggles with telling the truth on a consistent basis. I don't know why. Most of the lies were stupid and pointless.

I'm really glad you've joined this forum, mke - thank you for your insights.

I have known A LOT of people like that and have NEVER been able to wrap my head around the reasoning behind the lies.

My relationship ended recently because I could not stand listening to any more lies - For some unbeknownst reason he lied about pretty much everything - from day dot. He also used to try and make me think I was crazy and told me "Stop reading your stupid Crime stories, they're making you paranoid".

Well, Websleuths is still in my life. But HE isn't.

You guys all rock. THIS is what keeps me sane . :loveyou:

I have known A LOT of people like that and have NEVER been able to wrap my head around the reasoning behind the lies.

My relationship ended recently because I could not stand listening to any more lies - For some unbeknownst reason he lied about pretty much everything - from day dot. He also used to try and make me think I was crazy and told me "Stop reading your stupid Crime stories, they're making you paranoid".

:welcome5::greetings::fireworks:

I'm sorry about your recent breakup, it helps to keep busy. I had one of those "if his lips were moving you knew he was lying" kind as well. And it's Lying Liars 101 to make the other person think THEY are the crazy one!

Reading here does make me a little paranoid, but in a good way. I'm much more self aware and pay more attention to my surroundings and who I hang around with.

We have quite a few Aussies here! You should check out the Gary Tweedle thread, the young man who was missing in Australia. They found him off a cliff on Blue Mountain. Very interesting thread. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216620&page=5

ETA: Just noticed you've been here for a long time but you don't post much, I should pay more attention, bad sleuther! But still glad you're posting!

Not saying it doesn't happen, but they seem to have a lot of evidence building up against the guy. We know they found evidence in the dump. LE aren't going to lay all their cards on the table, even if they are looking at other suspects. They don't have to tell us anything. Luckily for them they were able to jail him on the other charges while they build their case and check all other leads.

They found evidence? Thought they described it as "potential evidence"? All we have on this case so far is a missing girl, and tapes that don't show her leaving the building in any shape or form, and whatever they found at the dump that they (according to the article) aren't even sure if it should be processed by a crime lab or not. But we also know they've not found any remains in the dump as well, because that would immediately be in the news and he'd have been arrested. What really bothers me is that they keep saying building, and not apartment.

I went and looked at the building on Google Maps, (silly me, last time I didn't think to just look at the clearly marked address on the building). It's a huge building, and apparently has lots of doors. It also looks like it has a wooded area behind it. Many apartments face that direction, lots of balconies and all that. I would presume to think if KZ's apartment faced that direction LE would have searched the wooded area, but we also know there were some vacancies. I also wonder where the fire exits are, and whether they're alarmed or not (a lot of places don't put alarms because people tend to use them a lot), and whether they're covered by cameras like the main entrances would be.

He's also not actually in jail at the moment, either, since he posted bail.

:welcome5::greetings::fireworks:

I'm sorry about your recent breakup, it helps to keep busy. I had one of those "if his lips were moving you knew he was lying" kind as well. And it's Lying Liars 101 to make the other person think THEY are the crazy one!

Reading here does make me a little paranoid, but in a good way. I'm much more self aware and pay more attention to my surroundings and who I hang around with.

We have quite a few Aussies here! You should check out the Gary Tweedle thread, the young man who was missing in Australia. They found him off a cliff on Blue Mountain. Very interesting thread. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216620&page=5

ETA: Just noticed you've been here for a long time but you don't post much, I should pay more attention, bad sleuther! But still glad you're posting!

Ahh thank you Snoods for the lovely kind words and the welcome (Hey -I'll take it!)

Sorry to make it all about me tonight. Now where is our girl Kelly??

Chronic lying often correlates with substance abuse. Not necessarily anything more or less.

Is it possible that the police didn't really find any "potential evidence" at the landfill, and just planted a lie with the media in order to make Zocco think they found something?

Is it possible that the police didn't really find any "potential evidence" at the landfill, and just planted a lie with the media in order to make Zocco think they found something?

Fresh, that is possible. KZ is under a lot of stress with the drug and CP charges. Perhaps LE is pushing his buttons, hoping that he'll make a mistake, crack up or come clean. In my opinion the odds are high that LE currently has KZ under surveillance. Maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.

Hopefully KZ isn't LE's only POI.

:welcome: Great to have you on board!

Oops! Wrong Flag! :blushing:

Here ya go! :australia:

:gday:

I hope LE searched that building real good. I remember in 2009 a cleaning women Eridania Rodriguez, 46 went missing. She was seen on camera walking into the building but not seen leaving. (LE quietly sealed off the building to hunt for clues. They found no trace of her). Workers were finally allowed back in. She was eventually found in a ventilation duct dead.

I wonder to if she saw something on his computer, in regards to *advertiser censored* and he killed her just like Joran Von Der Sloot did to that girl in Peru. All JMO

I believe KZ was on LE's radar BEFORE any Kiddy *advertiser censored* tapes were found...

therefore... I trust LE has quite valid reasons for continuing to keep him on their radar...

The fact that he (as of now) was the last to see her... Is an important piece of info.

additionally... Even if he is lying about the Friday a.m. Sighting of her... There are multiple witnesses who saw the two together at restaurants (places of business) the night of her disappearance...

Furthermore...

given KZ's propensity for tapes of incredibly torturous material... Who knows what OTHER types of videos and material on computer/electronics LE found in his apartment?
LE may have not, yet, shared the whole scope of material in their reporting ...

Perhaps there is further damaging evidence in KZ's collection...

I wouldn't be surprised if he had recorded Kelly and/or other girls... Unbeknownst to them...

I can't help but think there could even be example of snuff films...

all JMO...

I hope LE searched that building real good. I remember in 2009 a cleaning women Eridania Rodriguez, 46 went missing. She was seen on camera walking into the building but not seen leaving. (LE quietly sealed off the building to hunt for clues. They found no trace of her). Workers were finally allowed back in. She was eventually found in a ventilation duct dead.

I wonder to if she saw something on his computer, in regards to *advertiser censored* and he killed her just like Joran Von Der Sloot did to that girl in Peru. All JMO

Joran Van Sloot's violent behavior is an example of how psychopaths, when cornered, will react so as to desperately continue the facade keeping in line with their incongruent self -identity...

Yes... KZ could have possibly been desperate enough to kill Kelly if she became aware of his horrible "secret"...

JMO

I believe KZ was on LE's radar BEFORE any Kiddy *advertiser censored* tapes were found...

therefore... I trust LE has quite valid reasons for continuing to keep him on their radar...

The fact that he (as of now) was the last to see her... Is an important piece of info.

additionally... Even if he is lying about the Friday a.m. Sighting of her... There are multiple witnesses who saw the two together at restaurants (places of business) the night of her disappearance...

Furthermore...

given KZ's propensity for tapes of incredibly torturous material... Who knows what OTHER types of videos and material on computer/electronics LE found in his apartment?
LE may have not, yet, shared the whole scope of material in their reporting ...

Perhaps there is further damaging evidence in KZ's collection...

I wouldn't be surprised if he had recorded Kelly and/or other girls... Unbeknownst to them...

I can't help but think there could even be example of snuff films...

all JMO...

This whole thing is still so shocking to me. KZ is physically GENTLE and wasn't into violence in any obvious way (I knew him WELL). I just don't know what to think anymore...

Here is the floor plan for the unit KZ lived in

http://www.mandelgroup.com/data/properties_floorplans/UNIT13_1.pdf

I moved out of this apartment building a few months ago but lived there for over 3 years so could answer pretty much any question you'd have about the building and surrounding neighborhood (I still live in the neighborhood 2 blocks away). About 2 years ago they removed the doorman (there is a doorman in the other tower) from that tower and installed extra cameras on the building for security. There are only two ground level exits from the building and both have cameras pointing at the exit/entrance. One is the garage and side door and the other is the front main entrance.

As for the garbage chute, you can fit an object the width of a large pizza box down the chute (without having to crush it), if that helps give any perspective. The garbage chute goes into a dumpster that is behind locked doors and the maintence workers switch it out when full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
in2itive