Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a couple of I wonders.

Was KZ real GF aware of KZ & KD relationship and has le interviewed her?

Has le determined if the 10 am text was really sent by KD?

Has le found her phone?

Here is the floor plan for the unit KZ lived in

http://www.mandelgroup.com/data/properties_floorplans/UNIT13_1.pdf

I moved out of this apartment building a few months ago but lived there for over 3 years so could answer pretty much any question you'd have about the building and surrounding neighborhood (I still live in the neighborhood 2 blocks away). About 2 years ago they removed the doorman (there is a doorman in the other tower) from that tower and installed extra cameras on the building for security. There are only two ground level exits from the building and both have cameras pointing at the exit/entrance. One is the garage and side door and the other is the front main entrance.

As for the garbage chute, you can fit an object the width of a large pizza box down the chute (without having to crush it), if that helps give any perspective. The garbage chute goes into a dumpster that is behind locked doors and the maintence workers switch it out when full.
Any idea if KZ's apartment would have faced the back? How far is the building from the wooded area by the trail? It's kind of hard to see on maps.

Scary how close to the lake in general that place is, only a few blocks?

I'm not sure that there was a text sent at 10 am - my understanding is that is the time they lost contact with her phone (i.e. either battery ran out or phone was turned off and no longer connected to cell network.)

Just a couple of I wonders.

Was KZ real GF aware of KZ & KD relationship and has le interviewed her?

Has le found her phone?

I'm confused as to what relationship you mean. The news keeps referring to him incorrectly as her boyfriend, but the only relationship anyone has actually described as being anything more than conjecture was that she did drugs with him.

Edit:
I'm not sure that there was a text sent at 10 am - my understanding is that is the time they lost contact with her phone (i.e. either battery ran out or phone was turned off and no longer connected to cell network.)

No, her mom stated that a text was sent from her phone at 10 am to a guy in Kenosha who she called. She said he told her he hadn't seen her and didn't know where she was, and that she felt she believed him. After that point that number was disconnected. Nobody knows what the contents of the text were from any source that I know of.

I'm confused as to what relationship you mean. The news keeps referring to him incorrectly as her boyfriend, but the only relationship anyone has actually described as being anything more than conjecture was that she did drugs with him.

Edit:

No, her mom stated that a text was sent from her phone at 10 am to a guy in Kenosha who she called. She said he told her he hadn't seen her and didn't know where she was, and that she felt she believed him. After that point that number was disconnected. Nobody knows what the contents of the text were from any source that I know of.

MKE2013 Who knows KZ has mentioned in several posts that KZ had a real girlfriend and it wasn't KD.

Edit:

I still can't help but focus on that guy in Kenosha. Why was his phone immediately "disconnected", "shut off", whatever? Its easy to get caught up in Zocco's drugs, and kiddie *advertiser censored* bombshell, but IMO, from what we know, he has been the last person to report seeing Dwyer. To me, Zocco last seeing Dwyer is the only piece of evidence we know of to make him a POI.

IF, Dwyer did in fact have contact w/ the guy in Kenosha, there needs to be more focus on that fact, than the other crimes Zocco is accused of. Without saying, Zocco does need to take responsibility for those crimes he's accused of.

Edit:

The Kenosha guy. How far is Kenosha from KZ's apartment? Just throwing out another scenario. Kenosha guy stalked Kelly to KZ's apt. She texted him at 10 and he was actually there waiting for her, followed her, and?
The problem is she wasn't seen exiting KZ's apt.

The Kenosha guy. How far is Kenosha from KZ's apartment? Just throwing out another scenario. Kenosha guy stalked Kelly to KZ's apt. She texted him at 10 and he was actually there waiting for her, followed her, and?
The problem is she wasn't seen exiting KZ's apt.
Right, that's the thing. The Kenosha guy thing always seemed weird to me. Not sure how far Kenosha is from his apartment, but from city to city it's less than an hour's drive.

I still can't help but focus on that guy in Kenosha. Why was his phone immediately "disconnected", "shut off", whatever? Its easy to get caught up in Zocco's drugs, and kiddie *advertiser censored* bombshell, but IMO, from what we know, he has been the last person to report seeing Dwyer. To me, Zocco last seeing Dwyer is the only piece of evidence we know of to make him a POI.

IF, Dwyer did in fact have contact w/ the guy in Kenosha, there needs to be more focus on that fact, than the other crimes Zocco is accused of. Without saying, Zocco does need to take responsibility for those crimes he's accused of.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Even with all Zocco has done, it's still not anything actually violent. We don't see her leaving but I've personally seen lots of issues with surveillance and such. Either way, it's good to keep the possibilities open, because if KZ happened to actually be telling the truth in this case, finding any other possible solution is getting less and less likely as time goes on.

MKE2013 Who knows KZ has mentioned in several posts that KZ had a real girlfriend and it wasn't KD.
Right, but KZ and KD didn't have any relationship beyond doing drugs together, outside of conjecture. That's what I meant. Not sure why KZ's girlfriend would care that he was doing drugs with some girl.

Right, that's the thing. The Kenosha guy thing always seemed weird to me. Not sure how far Kenosha is from his apartment, but from city to city it's less than an hour's drive.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Even with all Zocco has done, it's still not anything actually violent. We don't see her leaving but I've personally seen lots of issues with surveillance and such. Either way, it's good to keep the possibilities open, because if KZ happened to actually be telling the truth in this case, finding any other possible solution is getting less and less likely as time goes on.

Right, but KZ and KD didn't have any relationship beyond doing drugs together, outside of conjecture. That's what I meant. Not sure why KZ's girlfriend would care that he was doing drugs with some girl.

Most girlfriends care if their boyfriends have another woman stay overnight. I don't find your argument very plausible.

Here's the reason why, when posting a link on WS, it is helpful when the poster highlights some main points within the article within their post.

I went back to the first post in this thread that links to a news article. Apparently the article was longer than it is now, as points taken from the article were posted on the first page of this thread. When you access the article via the link now, the info has been removed from the article. Luckily, a few posters typed the statements in their posts. Or, iirc, MD's comments once could be heard within a companion video to the article. Those were statements MD (mom) made when walking down the street while a reporter's mic was in her face. She made the comments about OKcupid and someone's number being disconnected. Those statements no longer appear in the articles.

Here's a direct quote from the very first Fox news report.
Oops, I'll bring the link here in a minute ~ Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WI WI - Kelly Dwyer, 27, Milwaukee, 11 Oct 2013

"Dwyer's mother says Dwyer hasn't used her cell phone since 10:00 a.m. on Friday -- something Dwyer's mother says is very unusual.

'"That was the last time she used her phone. ... She's always on it," ... Maureen Dwyer said."'

To me, it sounds as if MD believed Kelly left her bf's apartment Friday morning. I say this because MD proceeded to investigate Kelly's phone records (she wasn't out to blame KZ). Later it came out that he was determined to be the last person to see Kelly.
As far as the 10:00 a.m. phone use, official specifics haven't been revealed.
MD's statement is in quotes above. She did say the words, "That was the last time she used her phone.".

Here's the reason why, when posting a link on WS, it is helpful when the poster highlights some main points within the article within their post.

I went back to the first post in this thread that links to a news article. Apparently the article was longer than it is now, as points taken from the article were posted on the first page of this thread. When you access the article via the link now, the info has been removed from the article. Luckily, a few posters typed the statements in their posts. Or, iirc, MD's comments once could be heard within a companion video to the article. Those were statements MD (mom) made when walking down the street while a reporter's mic was in her face. She made the comments about OKcupid and someone's number being disconnected. Those statements no longer appear in the articles.

Oops, I'll bring the link here in a minute ~ Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WI WI - Kelly Dwyer, 27, Milwaukee, 11 Oct 2013

"Dwyer's mother says Dwyer hasn't used her cell phone since 10:00 a.m. on Friday -- something Dwyer's mother says is very unusual.

'"That was the last time she used her phone. ... She's always on it," ... Maureen Dwyer said."'

To me, it sounds as if MD believed Kelly left her bf's apartment Friday morning. I say this because MD proceeded to investigate Kelly's phone records (she wasn't out to blame KZ). Later it came out that he was determined to be the last person to see Kelly.
MD's statement is in quotes above. She did say the words, "That was the last time she used her phone.".

Last phone usage, was it a text or call? Someone else could have texted. And if it wasn't her then when was the last time someone besides KZ saw Kelly?

I wonder why the OKCupid comments have been removed...

either the male has been cleared by LE?

Or... LE does not want to keep that male in the news... In hopes of keeping him feeling "safe" from LE surveillance.... So that he doesn't take flight?

Or...???

JMO

I have the same concerns. Yet, I can't or don't believe the Milwaukee LE are idiots. If MD told LE the same details she told the media (now deleted), LE is investigating the dating site angle.

Since no suspects have been named formally, LE must be concentrating on trying to locate Kelly.
The possibility has crossed my mind that LE suspects KZ sent the final text (if to Kenosha guy) or that, somehow, LE has determined KZ has a connection to the guy. Or, if Kenosha guy is a male friend of Kelly's, KZ still could have been the one who contacted him via text using Kelly's phone.
What a better why to redirect attention off of himself than by doing that.

We don't know either if Kenosha guy contacted police directly after the case broke, or what exactly has gone down regarding any of Kelly's alleged dates. All we are certain of is that no one else has been identified publically besides KZ. Imo there's no way LE would or could ignore that lead though.

Also, MD turned Kelly's computer into LE early in the case. Wouldn't all the OKcupid contact/communications be footprinted therein?

Last phone usage, was it a text or call? Someone else could have texted. And if it wasn't her then when was the last time someone besides KZ saw Kelly?

Thursday night I believe employees and patrons at a restaurant/bar saw Kelly. She was there with KZ per him. LE reviewed the video from the restaurant to verify and observe.

The text versus phone call confusion is an example of why I believe LE hates when family members speak out to the media as we get bits and pieces and, unless you take notes, most people can't remember exactly what was said and confusion takes over.
Iirc, to begin with, MD said she spoke to Kelly on Friday. But, at the time, MD was frantically running around the city trying to locate her daughter and wasn't concentrating on giving an interview.

MD knew the last time Kelly's phone was in use. At that point, MD probably assumed it was Kelly using her own phone (and she may have). Later, the info came out that both parents briefly spoke to Kelly on Wednesday as she walked home from work.
It's not difficult to imagine that three days could go by without any contact between mother and daugther without thinking there's something wrong. Afterall, Kelly is 27 years old. When MD found out Kelly didn't show up for work on Saturday, that's when her antenna went up that something was amiss.
Upon MD's arrival in Milwaukee, I think Kelly's friend/s told MD about the OKcupid angle because they wanted to help MD find directions to look into to find Kelly.

The first video had more info, iirc. That's how I found out MD had actually called the man from Kenosha KD had last been in contact with. The text of the articles only summarize the videos. Unfortunately, videos tend to get removed before the summaries, or updated/changed.
I wonder why the OKCupid comments have been removed...

either the male has been cleared by LE?

Or... LE does not want to keep that male in the news... In hopes of keeping him feeling "safe" from LE surveillance.... So that he doesn't take flight?

Or...???

JMO

Or OKC threatened to sue for defamation.
Most girlfriends care if their boyfriends have another woman stay overnight. I don't find your argument very plausible.
I've had one girl in my entire dating history who would have had an issue with a female friend spending a night, or me staying over at a female friend's house. I guess the women I date are just more secure than average?

I have the same concerns. Yet, I can't or don't believe the Milwaukee LE are idiots. If MD told LE the same details she told the media (now deleted), LE is investigating the dating site angle.

Since no suspects have been named formally, LE must be concentrating on trying to locate Kelly.
The possibility has crossed my mind that LE suspects KZ sent the final text (if to Kenosha guy) or that, somehow, LE has determined KZ has a connection to the guy. Or, if Kenosha guy is a male friend of Kelly's, KZ still could have been the one who contacted him via text using Kelly's phone.
What a better why to redirect attention off of himself than by doing that.

We don't know either if Kenosha guy contacted police directly after the case broke, or what exactly has gone down regarding any of Kelly's alleged dates. All we are certain of is that no one else has been identified publically besides KZ. Imo there's no way LE would or could ignore that lead though.

Also, MD turned Kelly's computer into LE early in the case. Wouldn't all the OKcupid contact/communications be footprinted therein?
According to MD in the first video, she called Kenosha guy, and the only reference was that the number had since been disconnected. One would assume if he had gotten a funny text or something it would have come up, since she specifically had asked him if he knew the whereabouts of her daughter (MD said he told her he hadn't seen her and didn't know where she was). Provided he was being honest.

The first video had more info, iirc. That's how I found out MD had actually called the man from Kenosha KD had last been in contact with. The text of the articles only summarize the videos. Unfortunately, videos tend to get removed before the summaries, or updated/changed.

Or OKC threatened to sue for defamation.
I've had one girl in my entire dating history who would have had an issue with a female friend spending a night, or me staying over at a female friend's house. I guess the women I date are just more secure than average?

First of all, you don't know necessarily how your girlfriends felt. Feelings aren't always verbalized...especially if the girl doesn't have enough confidence in her viewpoints. I'm sure some were indifferent though. Don't confuse indifference with being secure. It just means they probably weren't that into you. My condolences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
in2itive