WI WI - Kelly Nolan, 22, Madison, 23 June 2007 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did a google search for articles in today's Sunday papers... and there is NOTHING. Nothing since yesterday. This is bizarre

I just did a google search for articles in today's Sunday papers... and there is NOTHING. Nothing since yesterday. This is bizarre

Your shrug in your previous post about the family:

Obviously they don't need the help of the public, because there are no organized searches, and no real information is being given out. Just the opposite, in fact. Her sister told people on Facebook to keep quiet about where she was last seen. *shrug*

Is probably the same reason there is no news articles. When the public shrugs so does the media. It has been a week, and the story only got picked up Thursday and it doesn't seem the family was trying to get it out then. No organized searches, and no call for Tim Miller (equusearch), but one of the last sightings was on a pier?

Also I can not shake the feeling that her firing, previous place of employment, employer or co worker isn't behind this in some way.

Family and friends of 22-year-old Kelly Nolan passed out fliers at Warner Park Saturday.
Police say the UW-Whitewater student, from Waunakee, disappeared after a night out with friends in downtown Madison one week ago.
"We are all in a fighting mode now," said Kelly's sister Candice Nolan. "We're just ready to find her. We know she's out there. We're planning her return. She's a tough girl. We're read to find her and bring her home," she adds.

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/8209357.html

Your shrug in your previous post about the family:

Is probably the same reason there is no news articles. When the public shrugs so does the media. It has been a week, and the story only got picked up Thursday and it doesn't seem the family was trying to get it out then. No organized searches, and no call for Tim Miller (equusearch), but one of the last sightings was on a pier?

Also I can not shake the feeling that her firing, previous place of employment, employer or co worker isn't behind this in some way.

I did not read that one of her last sightings was at the Pier. The way I understood that was that she had been at the Memorial Union Pier on Friday, during the day. Memorial Union is a popular spot with the college kids downtown.

So her family handed out fliers at Rythym and Booms, but they didn't ask for any help? Do you know how many people go down there? THOUSANDS... no way could a few people get those fliers to everyone. I wish I could have helped.

Okay, now you have shown me where it was said that she was at the swimming pier.. But how did I miss THIS?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287497,00.html

Family members said Nolan went to a job interview in Madison on the morning before she disappeared. Just two days before Nolan disappeared, she was fired from a summer waitress job at Orpheum, the owner told WKOW.
Henry Doane, the owner, was confirmed by WKOW to be at a local swimming pier at some point on the day Nolan vanished. A dive team searched that shoreline area but, according to WKOW, there has been no trace of Nolan.
<SNIP>
Sooooo.. her former boss at the Orpheum was at the pier as well? WTH is going on?

If she was last seen at Memorial Union, why is all the focus on surveillance at State Street Brats? Memorial Union has cameras too. I'm really confused about Henry Doane being at the Pier, and Kelly being at the pier (possibly her last known stop?).

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/local/index.php?ntid=199662&ntpid=2

SAT., JUN 30, 2007 - 1:17 AM
Missing persons cases often not serious
By PATRICIA SIMMS 608-252-6492
psimms@madison.com

This week Kelly Nolan became a statistic, one of nine adults reported to the Madison Police Department as missing in June.
Most of those nine have been found, police said, but Nolan is an open case, a troubling question mark.
<snip>
"As police officers, we are daily triaging calls and cases, evaluating each on its own merit," he said. "Even though we may get two or three a week, none of them are the same. The factors could lead us in 12 different directions."
The circumstances of Nolan's disappearance, including an out-of-character lack of contact with her family, flagged it as a case for police to investigate aggressively rather than an incident that would resolve itself, Gloede said.
Police, for example, have used divers to search the shoreline near Memorial Union and have focused their search in the Downtown area.

National media are joining the Kelly Nolan watch today, with Fox News Channel's Greta Van Susteren planning a report tonight on the disappearance of the 22-year-old Madison woman, now missing for nine days.
Madison Police Department spokesman Joel DeSpain said his phone's been "ringing off the hook" all morning with reporters clamoring for anything new about Kelly's case.

http://www.madison.com/tct/news/199813

Did I read that right? Henry Doane was at the Memorial Union Pier? That's VERY strange, if you ask me. I'm only 30 years old, and I would feel extremely out of place there... it's a college hangout.
ETA: I'm going to be at the Madison Club this week. Are there any questions you want me to ask?

Did I read that right? Henry Doane was at the Memorial Union Pier? That's VERY strange, if you ask me. I'm only 30 years old, and I would feel extremely out of place there... it's a college hangout.
ETA: I'm going to be at the Madison Club this week. Are there any questions you want me to ask?

Mssheila - you would be less likely to feel out of place if you were an alum or a club manager like Doane. It's really a mix of all people at the Terrace - one of the few places where there really is a mix.

Now - out of place at some downtown bars... definitely. Brats, though, usually has a good age mix.

Mssheila -

Have you CCAP'ed Henry? No record, but just had a paternity action against him in April 2007. Henry was born in 1963 (assuming it's him but this Henry lives right near the orpheum) and the mother of the child was born in 1980. Obviously a significant age difference... it may mean nothing, or it may mean that he takes advantage of younger girls.

CCAP also shows that Kelly has had a couple of OWI convictions and served time for them. Her license was revoked for one year starting 3/07.

The info may be important because it means that she would not have driven that night, and would not be intending to drive later. So when she split from her friends, she had to have planned another way to get home that night.

For those not from the area, Waunakee is commuting distance from Madison. So Kelly might have been living at home in Waunakee. However, she could have had an apartment in Madison for the summer - sublets are cheap and easy to get. It is unlikely she'd be commuting from Whitewater where she went to school.

If she was living in Waunakee, a cab would be too expensive. When she split w/ friends she would have counted on staying at a friend's house in Madison OR getting someone to drive her home. If living in Madison, then she likely planned on walking home - maybe a cab, but that's unlikely - most students live close.

I think FOX got the report wrong. They quote WKOW as placing DOANE on the pier, but WKOW's referenced report says Nolan, not Doane.

I agree. Also on Greta tonight, I believe someone(didn't get name)said that it was only a rumor that Kelly had been fired. That kind of removes the feeling that she may have been despondent. But sister still won't disclose last conversation. It could be just something that would be a little embarrassing to Kelly...nothing major...maybe Kelly was talking about something personal and sister(and LE) find it frivolous info.

I agree. Also on Greta tonight, I believe someone(didn't get name)said that it was only a rumor that Kelly had been fired. That kind of removes the feeling that she may have been despondent. But sister still won't disclose last conversation. It could be just something that would be a little embarrassing to Kelly...nothing major...maybe Kelly was talking about something personal and sister(and LE) find it frivolous info.

i saw the report on Greta also...i found it odd that Kelly's sister wouldn't talk about her & her sister's last conversation, but you could be right...might not have been anything to discuss....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy