GUILTY WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It also found Zelich tried to sell many of those women phone service as part of a side business he had with another officer.

Greg Peterson is president of the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Accreditation Group, which sets standards for police agencies. He says the Zelich case is unusual but shows what can happen if departments don’t have clear policies on side jobs.

Thank you Wisconsin Sleuth - Can you believe the issue brought forward is selling cell phones on company time? Not that it was right - but honestly I hope they are putting time into investigating if there are more victims and how he murdered Jenny and Laura.

Hi all, I just finally registered here after reading the two threads about these poor women. Truly frightening cases.

I have been involved in the BDSM community for the last 15 years and I'm definitely on the more extreme end of the spectrum. I have met dominants and sadists off of the same sites that Zelich used to find his victims. His profile, to me, looked so innocuous and light weight compared to some. That, combined with him being in law enforcement, might have been how he lured submissives and slaves into thinking he was trustworthy and experienced. Some people look really good on paper but in reality, they're anything but... I'm thinking specifically of a dominant I know who has awards from several national organizations that he brags about and maintains a website about how he'd be willing to house submissives who find themselves in abusive situations but is HIMSELF a predator. It's very hard to know who to trust online, especially when dealing with s&m.

Just for the record, I am a slave and I have been with my Master for six years. He is extremely sadistic. He's done things to me that would make you all squirm. He's chained me up in his home for long periods of time. He's monitored my emails and my phone calls. When I signed up with him, I agreed to no limits slavery- he can do anything he wants to me and I would not fight him on it. Of course, the difference between my Master and Zelich is that our arrangement is consensual, my Master is sadistic but not homicidal, psychopathic or sociopathic. A huge part of the attraction to this lifestyle for both of us is that we both have consented to it. I've willingly given him power over my life and he's willingly taken on that responsibility.

The two of us are both successful business owners in two pretty advanced fields. We're both very social and outgoing and the majority of the world would have no idea about our interests. We both truly love each other, and I would classify our relationship as more healthy than 90% of our friends.

Just a tiny view into the BDSM world. Not all of the women seeking extreme slavery are damaged... I certainly wasn't, and my Master was exactly who I was looking for, and I've never regretted finding him (on CollarMe).

Also, as far as the claim that Zelich had a woman caged in his home for seven years, I would hazard to guess he was exaggerating. On the other hand, my Master has a cage where I've spent some time, and I've grown to actually enjoy being in it, so who knows?

Hope this didn't go too far off topic. I just wanted to point out that not all women looking for extreme slavery are broken, not all sadists are predators, and even extreme slavery like mine really isn't as out of the ordinary as you'd expect it to be. We spend most nights watching TV or going to movies rather than pulling out the whips and chains ;)

Hi all, I just finally registered here after reading the two threads about these poor women. Truly frightening cases.
(respectfully snipped for space)
Just a tiny view into the BDSM world. Not all of the women seeking extreme slavery are damaged... I certainly wasn't, and my Master was exactly who I was looking for, and I've never regretted finding him (on CollarMe).

Also, as far as the claim that Zelich had a woman caged in his home for seven years, I would hazard to guess he was exaggerating. On the other hand, my Master has a cage where I've spent some time, and I've grown to actually enjoy being in it, so who knows?

Hope this didn't go too far off topic. I just wanted to point out that not all women looking for extreme slavery are broken, not all sadists are predators, and even extreme slavery like mine really isn't as out of the ordinary as you'd expect it to be. We spend most nights watching TV or going to movies rather than pulling out the whips and chains ;)

Welcome Joyjoy! Your post is right on topic. It is great to have some inside insights into the BDSM lifestyle.

Question: Have you noticed if the online BDSM community is talking about this case at all? I can't help thinking that there are more of his victims out there.

I think that this is demonstrating all of the ways Zelich had access to information and all of the ways he was prepared to manipulate people (women) he engaged with on the job. He used his badge to harass, pressure and intimidate-this we know. But what if there are financial crimes piling up along side the soon to be murder crimes? Truly this is extortion-the sales pitches I mean. I wonder if this was common in the West Allis PD. If the officers were unchecked when it came to this behavior. I appreciate joyjoy's perspective. Frankly, Zelich seems pretty lame in general-he certainly hasn't been even remotely successful in any area of his life. jmvho

It also found Zelich tried to sell many of those women phone service as part of a side business he had with another officer.

Greg Peterson is president of the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Accreditation Group, which sets standards for police agencies. He says the Zelich case is unusual but shows what can happen if departments don’t have clear policies on side jobs.

Thank you Wisconsin Sleuth - Can you believe the issue brought forward is selling cell phones on company time? Not that it was right - but honestly I hope they are putting time into investigating if there are more victims and how he murdered Jenny and Laura.

Thank you believe 09. Yes, I agree the press is leaking valuable information and building a profile of his illegal behaviors on the job. I must confess I do have an issue with all of this. The press has used a variety of words to describe his interactions with women while on the force (stalking, harassing, bothering, etc) but they are hesitant to call him a PREDATOR. I’ve yet to hear or read how he “preyed upon women while in uniform.”

I know, I know his attorney will have a difficult time proving the deaths “were accidental” from “sex gone bad.” But, isn’t it about time they call a spade a spade? He did PREY upon women on the job and the obvious connection to the death of these women is that he preyed upon women OUT of uniform, too.

Meeting Jenny and Laura may have been consensual, engaging in BDSM activity may have been consensual, but that should have been where it ends. (Thank you joy joy). Two women are dead, in my opinion, because of another form of hunger for dominance (and who knows what else), and his PREDATORY behaviors, and not because he sold cell phones during work hours.

Although I do agree with you. The press isn’t privy to the findings of the murder investigation thus far, so they may be presenting the facts they do have (which are quite disgusting, I might add).

Sorry if I’ve gone off on a personal tangent today – I work next door to the West Allis Police Department and instead of marching over there and giving them a piece of my mind…I do it here. :chillout: They seem to have glossed over quite a bit and continue to say how everything was “handled appropriately” …Try telling that to Jenny and Laura’s families.

Sorry in advance this is going to be a ramble...
Has anybody made notes on the dates that the various women made complaints against SZ when he was on the police force? I haven't dug into it in detail, but were all of the complaints made in 2001? I know that at least one woman said he was stalking her for 8 years, but were most of the other incidences all around the same time period? I wonder if there is something significant about that time. Did he have some kind of break from reality starting around that time? It sounds like he was always a sleazy, but was there a progression, (or maybe a better word is deterioration), that eventually led up to murder?

More thoughts on the 2001, timing:
-Where the multiple reports that year a result of the incident with the woman who came running out of his apartment in her underwear? To clarify, was it that once that incident happened, did other woman start speaking up?
-If his behavior changed around 2000/2001, could it be that he did have a woman in a cage and once that "relationship" ended he went on the prowl for his next victim?
-Did he suddenly start frequenting the strip clubs around that time? Or was he a regular customer for the previous decade or two?
-I seem to remember reading that he stopped going to the one specific strip club after the reports, but did he continue to visit strip clubs for the past 14 years?
-Did he shift from "hunting" live in strip clubs to hunting in the cyber world over the last 14 years? (From personal experience, I do know that the online BDSM community was pretty well established in 1994.)

Has anybody else thought along these lines?

Oh I think the fact that he ran many license plate numbers without cause in order to pursue possible romantic interests and the fact that he stalked and "shook down" (imo) vulnerable women with cell phone service offers etc qualifies him as a predator. I mean they are going to have to pull all of the cases he worked on, every traffic ticket he wrote. They are going to have to run them (I would think) against MP data bases and then there are the cases like JG where she wasn't reported. (IIRC) They will have to take a look at the department, the DA's office...the scope seems pretty immense. I think there is a great opportunity for an investigative journalist or two-high profile corruption/abuse of power/excessive force cases are in the news. This is all timely. I wonder if the DOJ is involved? And God help if there are images...(my apologies to the family members reading.) Then there will be all of the work and jurisdictions around transmission, kwim?

joyjoy, may I ask you if there was/is an image transfer component to your practice? What I mean is there file sharing among the other couples practicing your level of bdsm?? Feel free to ignore the question if it is too personal.

I mean they are going to have to pull all of the cases he worked on, every traffic ticket he wrote. They are going to have to run them (I would think) against MP data bases and then there are the cases like JG where she wasn't reported. (IIRC) They will have to take a look at the department, the DA's office...the scope seems pretty immense.
snippet
If that is honestly what they are doing or going to do then I wonder why they have not yet assured the general public that this is happening - I keep wondering why they have not told us that they are investigating any other wrong doings by SZ or LE in that area....?

imagine the people that SZ was in contact w/as a representative of legalshield? vulnerable women in need of legal representation, that would be like shooting fish in a barrel for him. I'd be digging deep in those files if I were LE.

I have been involved in the BDSM community for the last 15 years and I'm definitely on the more extreme end of the spectrum. I have met dominants and sadists off of the same sites that Zelich used to find his victims. His profile, to me, looked so innocuous and light weight compared to some. That, combined with him being in law enforcement, might have been how he lured submissives and slaves into thinking he was trustworthy and experienced. Some people look really good on paper but in reality, they're anything but... I'm thinking specifically of a dominant I know who has awards from several national organizations that he brags about and maintains a website about how he'd be willing to house submissives who find themselves in abusive situations but is HIMSELF a predator. It's very hard to know who to trust online, especially when dealing with s&m.

Just for the record, I am a slave and I have been with my Master for six years. He is extremely sadistic. He's done things to me that would make you all squirm. He's chained me up in his home for long periods of time. He's monitored my emails and my phone calls. When I signed up with him, I agreed to no limits slavery- he can do anything he wants to me and I would not fight him on it. Of course, the difference between my Master and Zelich is that our arrangement is consensual, my Master is sadistic but not homicidal, psychopathic or sociopathic. A huge part of the attraction to this lifestyle for both of us is that we both have consented to it. I've willingly given him power over my life and he's willingly taken on that responsibility.

The two of us are both successful business owners in two pretty advanced fields. We're both very social and outgoing and the majority of the world would have no idea about our interests. We both truly love each other, and I would classify our relationship as more healthy than 90% of our friends.

Hi joyjoy, this is a great post and an important reminder, however, I don't think that anybody insinuated that everybody looking for extreme slavery is broken. I think the thing that most here are taking away from this is that there are people like Zelich who taint the pool for the ones who are "damaged" and make it more dangerous for them. If somebody who was in my mental state or the mental state that these two women were obviously in is taken in by the wrong person, it goes very, very wrong and makes the slave more damaged. If somebody who is in the wrong mental state is taken in by the right person, then they will be treated well and learn and heal from their bad mental state. I could be projecting but nobody seems to be generalizing about the BDSM community on this board.

He was already stalking woman years before his father's death. I don't think that is it, JMO.

I agree that this problem existed as far back as we have been made aware of but I wonder if the presence of his father might have kept him from taking the lives of other.....? Just a thought/theory

He was already stalking woman years before his father's death. I don't think that is it, JMO.

Maybe his father became physically or mentally incapacitated a while before his death. If, hypothetically speaking, his dad had been a strong, domineering figure all his life and then he wasn't, even though he was still living, could that have been a trigger that set Zelich's inner demons free?

Sorry in advance this is going to be a ramble...
Has anybody made notes on the dates that the various women made complaints against SZ when he was on the police force? I haven't dug into it in detail, but were all of the complaints made in 2001? I know that at least one woman said he was stalking her for 8 years, but were most of the other incidences all around the same time period? I wonder if there is something significant about that time. Did he have some kind of break from reality starting around that time? It sounds like he was always a sleazy, but was there a progression, (or maybe a better word is deterioration), that eventually led up to murder?

More thoughts on the 2001, timing:
-Where the multiple reports that year a result of the incident with the woman who came running out of his apartment in her underwear? To clarify, was it that once that incident happened, did other woman start speaking up?
-If his behavior changed around 2000/2001, could it be that he did have a woman in a cage and once that "relationship" ended he went on the prowl for his next victim?
-Did he suddenly start frequenting the strip clubs around that time? Or was he a regular customer for the previous decade or two?
-I seem to remember reading that he stopped going to the one specific strip club after the reports, but did he continue to visit strip clubs for the past 14 years?
-Did he shift from "hunting" live in strip clubs to hunting in the cyber world over the last 14 years? (From personal experience, I do know that the online BDSM community was pretty well established in 1994.)

Has anybody else thought along these lines?

When was he charged w/ Murder ?

When was he charged w/ Murder ?

No formal charges (besides 2 counts of hiding a corpse) have been made (YET). Next court date is July 17th. He has admitted " he caused their death" but said it was "accidental."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj
Back