GUILTY WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am just catching up after an absence-joyjoy do you think there is enough awareness in your community that if anyone stumbled across images of these victims, they would report or send to investigators?

In JLW's missing-person profiles, is "bars that cater to the alternative lifestyle" simply a reference to bars that are frequented by gays or lesbians? That's vaguely worded and I've seen "alternative lifestyle" used in reference to LGBT and other lifestyles such as BDSM.

There's already a deceased prime suspect in this woman's disappearance, but at the time of her 1999 disappearance she was secretly working as a dominatrix and ran a 900 number: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/procopio_maria.html

News article: Zelich's neighbors recall a fly and maggot infestation last summer, and a tenant in the apartment above his remembers a decomposition odor in fall 2013. He let LE walk through his apartment in January 2014 and nothing was amiss, so IMHO he thoroughly cleaned, scrubbed flyspecks off everything, etc. I wonder if he did the work himself or hired a cleaning company?

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...has-checkered-past-b99309158z1-267276601.html

Do you guys think there's a chance she was a Zelich victim? Racine's very close to Milwaukee/West Allis, just north of Kenosha.

How would one go about ever figuring that out given her name isn't even available?

Sos, The one you posted is generally referred to as the Racine Jane Doe. We have a thread for her here in the Unidentified section. She was discussed in the first thread for this case. I am pretty sure somebody contacted LE about her being a possible victim.

:seeya:

Listen folks, if you link to a graphic image, like a morgue photo, please add a warning in your post. Something like: "Warning: Graphic Image" will do. If you use a red or bold font to make it stand out, that's even better yet.

Thanks.

Do you guys think there's a chance she was a Zelich victim? Racine's very close to Milwaukee/West Allis, just north of Kenosha.

How would one go about ever figuring that out given her name isn't even available?

Based on the close proximity and some of the details of the Racine doe, I think it is worth investigating. I know there were others here that agree. As for how to figure it out, hopefully LE have the investigative tools to determine if there is a connection.

Based on the close proximity and some of the details of the Racine doe, I think it is worth investigating. I know there were others here that agree. As for how to figure it out, hopefully LE have the investigative tools to determine if there is a connection.

I hope they are looking very closely. It has been mentioned before (possibly in the first thread) that Zelich would have been living in Franklin, WI, at the time. This would put him even closer to the crime scene; within 10 miles, I believe.

(respectfully snipped)
News article: Zelich's neighbors recall a fly and maggot infestation last summer, and a tenant in the apartment above his remembers a decomposition odor in fall 2013. He let LE walk through his apartment in January 2014 and nothing was amiss, so IMHO he thoroughly cleaned, scrubbed flyspecks off everything, etc. I wonder if he did the work himself or hired a cleaning company?

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...has-checkered-past-b99309158z1-267276601.html

Some misinformation, but also some interesting bits of new info in that article. First time I've seen anything about a fly infestation in the apartment building.

(Neighbors)ER and AR did recall a sudden maggot and fly problem last summer. They had just moved in and didn't have food or garbage in their apartment.

Now they think it may have had something do with the bodies police believe Zelich was storing in his apartment. A tenant in the apartment above Zelich's said he recalled a time last fall when there was a smell "like a dead animal."

And the police stopped by there to visit?? So does he still have friends on the the police force?
Longtime resident Marlene Burdick said most people in the neighborhood are very social, but Zelich mostly kept to himself. She said West Allis police squad cars would often stop by the house, apparently visiting Zelich.

Off duty, he started working security at a Brookfield hotel in 1995, and in 2000 he and three friends from the department started side jobs as sales associates for Pre-Paid Legal Services.

Some more info on the splitting of his father's estate:
Zelich and his younger sister were the only heirs and split an estate worth about $450,000, according to court records.

The year the estate closed, in 2003, Zelich and his sister purchased a condo in Franklin.

What brought the hunch forward, do you think? I would be surprised by a trafficking aspect to this tbh but that is just my opinion. :) I am not as immersed as any of you, although I will work to study up. Trading images is something I would be interested in knowing-I would think that this might be an important part of the world he was hunting in. I have high hopes that there might be a recovery of any images out there.

I think the "sell me" part is important. Still have a hunch he was involved in some way in human-trafficking and not just strictly consensual BDSM activity.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...se-bodies-case-has-checkered-past-b99309158z1

Now they think it may have had something do with the bodies police believe Zelich was storing in his apartment. A tenant in the apartment above Zelich's said he recalled a time last fall when there was a smell "like a dead animal." tatertot

Many vague and twisted comments in this article. "Refrigerator or freezer" - clearly they have figured out if it was a freezer...and the quote from the strip club owner "Thought he was just taking a break" yet, when interviewed in a video said he questioned why he was in there in uniform. The article makes it sound like the only thing they have to go on is his computer and his word.

I'm learning more all the time about media reporting. FYI - the Milwaukee Journal is KNOWN for poor reporting - journalists have gotten awards for ongoing investigations but even some of those have been skewed.

I realize I'm being critical, but according the article this case is a big puzzle and I'm not buying it!

What brought the hunch forward, do you think? I would be surprised by a trafficking aspect to this tbh but that is just my opinion. :) I am not as immersed as any of you, although I will work to study up. Trading images is something I would be interested in knowing-I would think that this might be an important part of the world he was hunting in. I have high hopes that there might be a recovery of any images out there.

I think the "hunch" came from researching the connections he had and the groups he participated in on some of the BDSM websites. I'm not sure if there is any more substance behind that hunch.

On the other hand, how did Jenny Gamez end up meeting him? Could she have been sold to him?

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/n...tcase-deaths-had-unethical-side-job/12574431/

One of those enterprises was a partnership with another office in cell phone service sales.

I watched another video that stated the two officers were found selling cells phones after they were reprimanded and told not to take breaks together. I have thought it was ridiculous to focus on this given there are two women who have died, but in retrospect, this was the time frame he was on the prowl.

Chances are slim his buddy will come forward with more information without a subpoena. These same buddies knew he was hanging out at the strip club in uniform. Do you get the feeling they know much more?

I think the "hunch" came from researching the connections he had and the groups he participated in on some of the BDSM websites. I'm not sure if there is any more substance behind that hunch.

On the other hand, how did Jenny Gamez end up meeting him? Could she have been sold to him?

Good thought - has it been confirmed she met him on-line? Have I missed this information?

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...se-bodies-case-has-checkered-past-b99309158z1

Now they think it may have had something do with the bodies police believe Zelich was storing in his apartment. A tenant in the apartment above Zelich's said he recalled a time last fall when there was a smell "like a dead animal." tatertot

Many vague and twisted comments in this article. "Refrigerator or freezer" - clearly they have figured out if it was a freezer...and the quote from the strip club owner "Thought he was just taking a break" yet, when interviewed in a video said he questioned why he was in there in uniform. The article makes it sound like the only thing they have to go on is his computer and his word.

I'm learning more all the time about media reporting. FYI - the Milwaukee Journal is KNOWN for poor reporting - journalists have gotten awards for ongoing investigations but even some of those have been skewed.

I realize I'm being critical, but according the article this case is a big puzzle and I'm not buying it!

If there are inconsistencies in MSM, WS'rs will find it.

http://news.yahoo.com/wisconsin-man-accused-hiding-bodies-suitcases-expected-enter-110855238.html

I read this article I thought he was entering a plea or accepting a deal-I need more coffee. That would certainly be something.

No matter-the Star Trib article indicates that murder charges are going to be filed.

yes. in his dreams that will be all he's charged with . . .

Jenny Gamez's involvement w/SZ and the details of their relationship (and origin of communication), remains murky. I keep returning to the fact that she dropped out of the second year of community college in Oregon, was hanging out with "new friends from Los Angeles" and planned to move there. I'm wondering how she met these "new friends" and think that it had to be some online group she connected to.

meanwhile, what time is the arraignment? 1:15PM was the time I read online (earlier this month). is that confirmed?

I haven't seen what time the arraignment is taking place, just "this afternoon". It sounds like it will be a short session with him just entering his plea on the current charges. I suspect he will plead not guilty. :rolleyes:

http://www.channel3000.com/news/exofficer-accused-of-hiding-2-bodies-due-in-court/26995532
Zelich's public defender, Travis Schwantes, says the charges of hiding a corpse might not stand up because prosecutors would have to show the former West Allis officer tried to cover up a crime. Schwantes says Zelich claims he killed the two women in the suitcases accidentally during sexual encounters.

OK, I'm not following this (and still drinking coffee). Can someone explain what this means?

EDIT: Does this mean that unless murder charges are already filed, there is no crime?

Media is confirming that the court appearance is at 1:15PM. I'll look for a live link.

Yes, that is key. Also, I've heard she was in northern California, according to her foster mom. Have you all heard/seen something different? I plan on looking into how and why she got from CA to WI much more closely. If anyone wants to collaborate in some digging with me, shoot me a private message.

yes. in his dreams that will be all he's charged with . . .

Jenny Gamez's involvement w/SZ and the details of their relationship (and origin of communication), remains murky. I keep returning to the fact that she dropped out of the second year of community college in Oregon, was hanging out with "new friends from Los Angeles" and planned to move there. I'm wondering how she met these "new friends" and think that it had to be some online group she connected to.

meanwhile, what time is the arraignment? 1:15PM was the time I read online (earlier this month). is that confirmed?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back