GUILTY WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If they are charging him with 1st degree intentional homicide, they must feel pretty confident in their case against him. I'm curious as to how they are going to go about proving his intentions beyond a reasonable doubt.

There are two things that are sticking out in my mind that could be possibly help to prove intent:

1) Zelich transported Jenny's body from the hotel in her own suitcase
2) Laura was allegedly told to pack lightly, or something to that effect

I really wonder if there are more victims. Hopefully law enforcement was able to obtain information regarding his dates that were set up online and follow up with the women.

I think the fact he kept the bodies for a prolonged time also counts toward intent :p My God, what a sicko.

Is it just me or does it look like SZ colored his hair for today's appearance?

Yes - he missed the sides, though. I think he wanted to look nice for his day in court. :jail:
You were so right about the breath play! "He lost control" :busted:

Yes - he missed the sides, though. I think he wanted to look nice for his day in court. :jail:
You were so right about the breath play! "He lost control" :busted:

Hey Judy :). Yeah, he got all gussied up for court. Also, suspect that the hair color is a ploy to make him look younger and less like an aging crazy who murdered a young, fresh 19 year old woman. It sickens me to think about what he did to her.

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out in court. On one hand, the very premise of BDSM sex play is going to be difficult for the defense to present to a conservative public while the BDSM community distances themselves from SZ and the controversy of "breath play". SZ is on a real slippery slope (and sliding fast)

Since being in jail, he looks like he has aged 10 years. He is really looking rough. I can't imagine how he will hold up in prison. I don't feel sorry for him at all.

Since being in jail, he looks like he has aged 10 years. He is really looking rough. I can't imagine how he will hold up in prison. I don't feel sorry for him at all.

JSR ~ it's hard to feel sorry for him. I think the brevity of what he's done is soaking in, finally. and we may not know the half of it. I noticed in the video of him sitting next to his lawyer, his eyes kept darting to the paperwork. it has to be SO hard for him to give up "control".

According to court records, he is set for Preliminary hearing in Kenosha at 10am on August 15th (next Friday)

JSR ~ it's hard to feel sorry for him. I think the brevity of what he's done is soaking in, finally. and we may not know the half of it. I noticed in the video of him sitting next to his lawyer, his eyes kept darting to the paperwork. it has to be SO hard for him to give up "control".

"The brevity of what he's done is finally soaking in" - OTV I came home from an event last night and began to read the court document. I had to stop and open a diet pepsi, find a snack and walk around a little in preparation to finish reading it. When I finished, I sat here numb. He put the gag in her mouth and a rope around her neck and he "lost control". He was fully clothed when he strangled Jenny. I felt sick while I read this. I felt sick reading what I already knew...(he put them in suitcases, stored them in his refig and truck, left them in a tall grass area). I believe the graphic addition of Jenny's deification after death was hard for me to read - I cannot imagine how hard this is for her family.

How sick can it get? Living with a corpse in your refrigerator that you've killed...or driving around town knowing you have a corpse in your trunk? I ask these questions but I'm fully aware it can get much sicker. I'm so in agreement with you - before I look at his "profile" to learn about the mind of an out of control killer, I need to grieve a bit for the victims. I think hearing the details of the death scene has left me numb for the moment and it will take some time for all of this to sink in.

The court report was shocking emotionally, and at the same time incredibly validating. He'll not wiggle his way out of this.

If they are charging him with 1st degree intentional homicide, they must feel pretty confident in their case against him. I'm curious as to how they are going to go about proving his intentions beyond a reasonable doubt.

There are two things that are sticking out in my mind that could be possibly help to prove intent:

1) Zelich transported Jenny's body from the hotel in her own suitcase
2) Laura was allegedly told to pack lightly, or something to that effect

I really wonder if there are more victims. Hopefully law enforcement was able to obtain information regarding his dates that were set up online and follow up with the women.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...-found-in-suitcase-b99324684z1-270026691.html

It's unreal to think the attorney is still using the "CONSENT" in his defense. She may have consented to being gagged, and even consented to a rope around her neck. but she didn't consent to him "losing control" and being killed.

Deification can occur with temporary loss of oxygen to the brain (as in the case with violent seizures). It remains a valid point, "Why didn't he attempt CPR or call 911?"

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...-found-in-suitcase-b99324684z1-270026691.html

It's unreal to think the attorney is still using the "CONSENT" in his defense. She may have consented to being gagged, and even consented to a rope around her neck. but she didn't consent to him "losing control" and being killed.

Deification can occur with temporary loss of oxygen to the brain (as in the case with violent seizures). It remains a valid point, "Why didn't he attempt CPR or call 911?"

Maybe he did. Note that when the bodies were discovered, Jenny had her hands tied behind her back while Laura had a rope around her neck and a ball gag in her mouth. Why did he leave his props in place w/Laura and not Jenny? Also, it took him three days into his time w/Jenny before he "lost control" and only one day w/Laura. He sped up the process.

EDIT: In addition, they cannot use consensual as part of the defense because he wasn't using "safe words", the cornerstone of the BDSM community. Could either victim say, "stop, you're killing me"? UGH.

Breath play is highly controversial and it's doubtful we will find people in the BDSM community who practice breath play who would agree that IF they were to partake in it, they'd be using a ROPE and a ball gag. He was getting off on killing these women.

His defense will attempt to plead down the charges to manslaughter (or the WI equivalency).

Maybe he did. Note that when the bodies were discovered, Jenny had her hands tied behind her back while Laura had a rope around her neck and a ball gag in her mouth. Why did he leave his props in place w/Laura and not Jenny? Also, it took him three days into his time w/Jenny before he "lost control" and only one day w/Laura. He sped up the process.

EDIT: In addition, they cannot use consensual as part of the defense because he wasn't using "safe words", the cornerstone of the BDSM community. Could either victim say, "stop, you're killing me"? UGH.

Breath play is highly controversial and it's doubtful we will find people in the BDSM community who practice breath play who would agree that IF they were to partake in it, they'd be using a ROPE and a ball gag. He was getting off on killing these women.

His defense will attempt to plead down the charges to manslaughter (or the WI equivalency).

In regards to the bolded statement, I think this is exactly what it boils down to. He likely got off on the act itself but also could have gotten off during other acts knowing, in his mind, how the encounters would ultimately end. Talk about a sickening individual.

Note that when the bodies were discovered, Jenny had her hands tied behind her back while Laura had a rope around her neck and a ball gag in her mouth. Why did he leave his props in place w/Laura and not Jenny?

In my opinion its probably because he is still lying about what happened.....

In the criminal complaint filed in court SZ admitted to LE that he "handcuffed" Jenny (http://media.jrn.com/documents/bodiescomplaint080514.pdf)

So why was she found with her hands tied behind her back.......?

Welcome SeattleChiquita and Minor4th!!:welcome3:

In my opinion its probably because he is still lying about what happened.....

In the criminal complaint filed in court SZ admitted to LE that he "handcuffed" Jenny (http://media.jrn.com/documents/bodiescomplaint080514.pdf)

So why was she found with her hands tied behind her back.......?

I said I wouldn’t focus on SZ’s profile for a while but with the new information I began researching and came up with this which may answer why Jenny was found with hands bound in rope when initially he had used handcuffs. It’s possible after he killed her he took off the handcuffs (his power and control tool) for his next victim and tied Jenny’s hands in rope to transport her more easily in the suitcase. Another (crueler) scenario is once he had her handcuffed, the “session’ was over and he got out the rope in a sadistic response to elicit pain and fear. (only speculation)

http://www.peteearley.com/2012/01/2...isperer-governor-puts-murderer-on-fast-track/

Serial Killer Gore said:
“I really didn’t want them to say a word..[while torturing his victims] It was like I had no emotions. I was just doing it. And you know where I got my biggest rush was really not the sex part, it was the capture. That was when I got a high…”

This was a gut feeling I’ve had all along about SZ. The handcuffs (a symbol and tool used for power and control), the woman who escaped his apartment (it was more about his “power over” and dominance than sex – she questioned him if he had intentions to kill her), the ongoing stalking of woman during work hours (some hairdressers and students-not all dancers), persuading Jenny and Laura to meet him at a hotel, the contrived planning of them packing light (the suitcase as part of the fantasy), keeping them like tokens in his house and car, and being fully clothed at the time of death (makes me wonder if they had sex at all – or If the BDSM slant was used as “bait”). Anyway – I mentioned this from the onset…his predatory nature, wondering if this wasn’t all about the prowl and the capture, escalating to murder.

Also wondering why he brought a large black plastic garbage bag to the hotel?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back