GUILTY WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If the media can exaggerate to lesson the "concealment", I'll exaggerate to a lesser degree.

that would be to lessen the concealment :)

On another note, two Amish girls girls (ages 6 and 12 years old) were reported kidnapped in upstate NY. Thankfully, they were released by their captors, a male and female who sexually assaulted them while in captivity. One line in the article below jumped off the page when I read it:

The sheriff said Howells, 39, and Vaisey, 25, 'were targeting opportunities' and did not necessarily grab the girls because they were Amish.
'There was a lot of thought process that went into this,' Wells said. 'They were looking for opportunities to victimize.'
The suspects are being held without bail. A preliminary court appearance is scheduled for Thursday.
Vaisey's lawyer, Bradford Riendeau told The New York Times that Howells had abused Vaisey and treated her submissively. He said she made a 'voluntary statement' to investigators after her arrest and was obtaining an order of protection against him.
'She appears to have been the slave and he was the master,' Riendeau told the newspaper.
There was no answer Saturday at the St. Lawrence County Conflict Defender's Office, which is representing Howells.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tionship-female-accomplice.html#ixzz3Afrmu0So
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I recall at least one post here about Bob Bashara, a "master" who contracted to murder his wife. he was involved w/a woman in Oregon who he groomed by sending a collar and his dirty shirt. Bashara was also a fan of "breath play". (You know, in hindsight he could have killed his wife and blamed it on "rough sex".)

An Oregon woman who Bob Bashara had been grooming to join him and his mistress in a kiny three-way relationship has described how he also made her call him 'Master Bob' and sent her dirty letters, a leather collar and a T-shirt he had worn for three days straight so she could smell his scent.

Janet Leehmann, who Bashara met on the BDSM website, took the stand on Thursday afternoon, after Rachel Gillett told the courtroom she regular engaged in 'breath play' with the accused wife murderer and agreed to having a polyamourous relationship to stop him cheating.

Leehmann testified that Bashara planned a trip from grosse Pointe Park, Michigan to Oregon to visit her in January 2012, shortly before his wife, Jane Bashara, was killed.

Prior to him arriving he sent her numerous notes and messages including one saying: 'Hello SJ (her alt.com name). Soon you will feel my strength and passion.'

He also described how Gillett loved breath play - an erotic choking game.

'I can choke her just enough to make her woozy,' Leehmann recalled Bashara telling her of Gillett. 'I can do the same to you.'

And when he arrived at her home he did.

'He was standing behind me, he wrapped his hands around my neck and I passed out cold,' she testified. When asked by Lindsay if she consented to the asphyxiation, she said, 'no, not really.'

Leehmann said he responded: 'Well little girl you should have told me you were getting bad, I could have stopped.'

When asked if they engaged in sexual contact, she said no, adding that she was surprised.

'It doesn't work, his private parts,' she told the courtroom.

'I was surprised. He said he thinks it has to do with his weight.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...collar-T-shirt-smell-scent.html#ixzz3AgGQyP52
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'm beginning to believe that when you strip back the veneer, there are many (MANY) crime cases that involve sadists who practice within the BDSM lifestyle. it really is a "cautionary tale", esp with the number of women who are fans of 50 Shades of Gray.

Without a whole lot of evidence (at this time, at least) I can't stop scratching my head over Jenny Gamez. What was the nexus for her meeting SZ?
Also note, in above case of Bashara, he was impotent. I'm wondering if the breath play ties into that - the power of it all. And, did SZ perhaps have the same fixation / reason for enjoying it so much?

And this would explain why he wanted a change for a different judge and it was granted. It is pretty darn hard to get a different judge. There had to be some sort of compromise ...perhaps (and this is just a speculation) he, as LE, had already been on that judges bench for another incident. Theoretically, you cannot be a judge on a case where you know the plaintiff in person. I saw that they changed judges without argument or a complaint. That does not happen often. That is why I say he knew someone and there was a conflict of interest.
[SBM]

I think your statements about the substitution of the judge are inaccurate.

The defense asked for a new judge to hear the Kenosha case. Circuit Judge Bruce Schroeder was named to replace Chad Kerkman. Criminal defendants in Wisconsin are allowed to have one judicial substitution without having a give a reason. Source

I fact checked the article, and the information about a criminal defendant having one judicial substitution is supported by Wis. Stat. § 971.20. Source

The type of situation you're referring to would be when the defendant is seeking the recusal of the judge for cause, but that's not what's going on here.

While on the topic, I thought I'd post his lawyer's remarks on the request substitution. I can't recall if this specific quote was posted, but my apologies if it's a repeat.

In addition to waiving the preliminary hearing, Smith requested and was granted a new judge. Circuit Judge Bruce Schroeder was named as the replacement for originally assigned Judge Chad Kerkman.

“There are a number of reasons that factor into it,” Smith said. “Ultimately, Judge Schroeder is a judge I’m familiar with and I appreciate the experience that he brings to the process. That isn’t anything to suggest the other judge didn’t. We felt, ultimately, that would be an appropriate venue for us. Source

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08-18-2014 Arraignment Schroeder, Bruce E. Czarnecki-Kozmer, Tracy
Additional Text:
Minutes: Clerk/T. Lema. DA Zapf appeared for the State. Deft appeared in custody w/Atty Jonathan Smith. Amended information filed. Deft acknowledges receipt of the amended information. Waives reading and enters plea of not guilty to both counts. Mutual request for a status conference in approx 45 to 60 days. Status conf set for 10/21/14 @ 2:30pm.

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetail...ffset=0&mode=details&submit=View+Case+Details

08-18-2014 Arraignment Schroeder, Bruce E. Czarnecki-Kozmer, Tracy
Additional Text:
Minutes: Clerk/T. Lema. DA Zapf appeared for the State. Deft appeared in custody w/Atty Jonathan Smith. Amended information filed. Deft acknowledges receipt of the amended information. Waives reading and enters plea of not guilty to both counts. Mutual request for a status conference in approx 45 to 60 days. Status conf set for 10/21/14 @ 2:30pm.

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetail...ffset=0&mode=details&submit=View+Case+Details

http://fox6now.com/2014/08/17/accused-of-homicide-steven-zelich-expected-to-enter-plea-to-charges/

Tuesday's complaint revealed that on March 10, Zelich was interviewed by agents from the FBI and the state Division of Criminal Investigation. At that time, he said he only knew Simonson online, never had a sexual relationship with her and had never met her.

"He lied," Zapf said in court, while arguing for a high bail. "The bodies were in his trunk."

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...-found-in-suitcase-b99324684z1-270026691.html

Seems to me he cooked his goose when he lied to the FBI. It doesn't prove he intentionally killed them, but it sure speaks to his credibility which as a juror, I'd find it hard to forget.

this is going to be a long haul. time is a good thing, it allows more info to flow / witnesses to locate. and just think, MN has not filed charges.

IMO, SZ's reputation precedes him. he is a compulsive liar.

I am very very angry. All of this money and time going in to this that I will be paying for as a taxpayer.Grrr.

We have things we need. A trial for him is not one if those things.

He used to work in Kenosha as an officer, so he was probably more familiar with those locations. I also brought this up a long time ago: many of us from the Milwaukee area skip Mitchell Int'l. Ususally, when you are coming west the cheaper route is through O'Hare. We just drive down to O'Hare and skip the connecting flight at Milw. It is only about 60 minutes if traffic is good. And you pass right through Kenosha. Or (and this has happened to me in the past), your plane was late on arrival to O'Hare and you missed your connecting flight to Milw. If you do not want to wait around the airport, you call a friend to come and get you. I have done that simply because I did not want to wait around for 5 hours in O'Hare for the next flight to Milw. when I could have someone come and get me in an hour.

So so so miss Midwest Airlines with the leather seats in economy class and the home baked cookies. And not expensive. Curses!

http://www.kenoshanews.com/news/weapon_enhancer_added_to_zelich_murder_charge_478516730.html

Weapon enhancer added to Zelich murder charge

"The Kenosha County district attorney’s office has added a dangerous-weapon enhancer to the murder charge filed against the former West Allis police officer accused of killing two women and dumping their bodies near Lake Geneva.
Steven Zelich, 52, of West Allis, was initially charged here with first-degree intentional homicide. This week, prosecutors added the enhancer for the rope Zelich said he had around the woman’s throat when she died.
The enhancer could lengthen his prison sentence by five years, if convicted....." (snipped)

http://www.kenoshanews.com/news/weapon_enhancer_added_to_zelich_murder_charge_478516730.html

Weapon enhancer added to Zelich murder charge

"The Kenosha County district attorney’s office has added a dangerous-weapon enhancer to the murder charge filed against the former West Allis police officer accused of killing two women and dumping their bodies near Lake Geneva.
Steven Zelich, 52, of West Allis, was initially charged here with first-degree intentional homicide. This week, prosecutors added the enhancer for the rope Zelich said he had around the woman’s throat when she died.
The enhancer could lengthen his prison sentence by five years, if convicted....." (snipped)

Thank you! This is getting interesting. Yes, come to think of it, no one says he needed to use a rope during "breathplay." The use of a ball gag and his hands should be able to restrict breathing and offer more control. That, and the fact he's already admitted to "losing control" while chocking her (Jenny) with the rope puts more light on the "accident." . In Laura's case, the rope was still around her neck. If you just killed someone "accidentally" wouldn't you take the rope off her neck?

We have had a lot of discussion about the ropes (bound hands on Jenny) and why he left all the toys on Laura. I know all we can do is speculate, but the use of the rope is becoming more and more significant.

Found this case by looking for AstroKitty. Wanted to ask about another case, the two Amish kids, plus other victims.

I just read all of both threads, and am still :thinking:. This is just out and out murder of the two known women, and no telling how many other victims there are!!! Who knows, maybe why he didn't have money is because he used it either flying to other places, or having these women flown to him!! What someone does in their sex life is their business, UNTIL someone becomes a victim!! I guess I'm too much of a dominate personality to allow someone to torture me in the name of fun. Nope, not happening! I live with enough pain every day, thank ya very much!

Strangling someone to the point of passing out is consider FUN? UGH! I remember a few years ago erotic asphixiation was being reported because of dangers. Teens were dying in an attempt to get to the point of just passing out before ejaculation. *SMH*

IMO, rather than meeting random people for such a lifestyle, the couple should know each other very well BEFORE this type stuff goes on. I can't imagine trusting someone else to not go over the line and kill me. You're in a very vulnerable position once you're tied up, handcuffed, strapped to something, etc. There is no escape. You're stuck there. And if the other person decides to murder you, well, there's nothing you can do to stop it! I must be just an untrusting person, because ummm I can't think of one person I would allow to do that to me, and that includes my husband! To each their own, again, as long as there is no one getting hurt and becoming a victim!!!

These women didn't deserve to be killed. They didn't deserve to be dumped on the side of the road. I hope that anyone else that is a victim of his, and is able to come forth, does go to LE and tell what they know. I pray there wasn't a woman kept 7 yrs as a captive. And if there is, I pray her whereabouts become known. It greatly saddens me that no one was looking for Jenny. It actually breaks my heart for a young 19yr old to somehow get involved in this scene, without a support system. She had a child when she was just a child herself. I wonder if that somehow affected why she would seek out this type scene. How devastating. Laura obviously wasn't able to take care of herself, nor her kids, yet where was the mental help? Ugh!! I realize it's difficult to get an adult to seek help. I just feel so sad that at least two women are gone at the hands of a murderer!

I was hoping AstroKitty could help me understand this more. And to understand the perps in the Amish girls abduction.

What has this world become? Nothing in it makes sense to me anymore. :tantrum:

Enforcing sadist (Compulsive features)

Enforcing sadists can be found among military sergeants, deans of universities, prison overseers, police officers or other authoritative functions because they are in a position where they feel they should be the ones controlling and punishing people who have broken rules, regulations, or laws.[12] Though they believe themselves to act in the common interest, they have deeper motives: these sadists generally seek rule-breakers in their domain of authority–or in society in general–and exercise the most severe punishments. Enforcing sadists who are police or prison staff are rarely perceived to be unjust and therefore have great freedom to dominate, victimize, or destroy others at will. Their personalities cannot appropriately respond to the emotions that drive their sadistically vicious behaviors.[12] As these sadists dominate and punish others, so increases satisfaction and power they feel, reinforcing their self-perception of righteousness and increasing their ego. This intoxication can unleash their behavior and blind them to reality, usually without attracting any negative attention because they act within their legal authority to exert power and normally behave in everyday situations.

http://deviancebehaviorcriminology.wordpress.com/2014/02/19/sadistic-personality-disorder/

Just researching...I'm thinking the "rule-breakers" in SZ's life were women. "Mr.Handcuffs" still has me wondering WHY he was so proud (entitled) to use this in his profile and attempt to handcuff the woman who ran from his apartment. He surely became blind to reality on the job - stalking women and running their license plates for their addresses.

This was written by a sexual sadist murderer. Sounds too familiar..."complete mastery over another person." Also, it is mentioned that with this sample, many also kept the corpse hidden.

http://www.jaapl.org/content/18/2/163.full.pdf

Sadism: The wish to inflict pain on others is
not the essence of sadism. One essential impulse:
to have complete mastery over another
person, to make him/her a helpless object of
our will, to become the absolute ruler over her.
to become her God, to do with her as one
pleases. To humiliate her. to enslave her. are
means to this end. and the most important
radical aim is to make her suffer since there is
no greater power over another person than that
of inflictingpain on her to force her to undergo
suffering without her being able to defend herself.
The pleasure in the complete domination
over another person is the very essence of the
Sadistic drive. [Emphasis in original.]

To humiliate her. to enslave her. are
means to this end. and the most important
radical aim is to make her suffer since there is
no greater power over another person than that
of inflictingpain on her to force her to undergo
suffering without her being able to defend herself.
The pleasure in the complete domination
over another person is the very essence of the
Sadistic drive. [Emphasis in original.]

And to take that sick pleasure to the "next level", I'm thinking that "playing God" by indulging in breath play might be the ultimate sadistic kick. Imagine the sadistic thrill of taking human life to the edge of death and reeling it back and forth. Ugh. This case really sickens me.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-homicide-says-he-killed-2-women-accidentally

Kenosha County District Attorney Robert Zapf said he chose to charge Zelich with the most severe crime possible because he didn't believe the deaths were accidents.

"Killing two women over the span of 15 months under the circumstances in which the defendant acknowledged, by gagging them with a ball gag in the mouth, ropes around the neck, hands tied behind their back, blindfold over their face. He may call that accidental. I call it murder," Zapf said...

According to a criminal complaint filed Tuesday, Zelich met Gamez online and invited her to Wisconsin. He picked her up at the airport in Milwaukee, and they drove to hotel in Kenosha, where they spent several days together. Zelich told investigators they played a sexual game in which he would choke Gamez. On the last day, he lost control and choked Gamez until she died, the complaint said.

hi notmeanymore can i ask a couple of questions when u where with him for a couple of days what would happen at night when u would sleep could u just leave r where u made to stay also in the morning what was the routine .did he ever tie a rope around your neck and tie it to your feet that would be my guess on how the woman may have did he could have hogtied them like that and left them and slowly choked to death ...

http://www.lakegenevanews.net/Articles-Crime-i-2014-09-25-254432.114135-Wait-for-Kenosha.html

Wait for Kenosha SBM
"September 23, 2014 | 06:39 PM
ELKHORN — Additional hearings for Steven Zelich, the suspect in the suitcase bodies case, will be delayed until a status update from Kenosha County"
"Zelich will appear in Kenosha County on Oct. 21 and in Reddy’s court Oct. 31.
Smith, who replaced public defender Travis Schwantes on Aug. 1, said he’s still receiving notices from the Walworth County District Attorney’s office about additional discovery items in the case.
“We’re certainly mindful of the charges here,” Smith said during the Sept. 23 status hearing. “Because of the differences in charges, I ask that we have the Kenosha County proceedings continue prior to these........”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 08-18-2014 Arraignment Schroeder, Bruce E. Czarnecki-Kozmer, Tracy
Additional Text:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back