GUILTY WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone else think it's odd that the media is not digging around and investigating / reporting more on this case? where are the back stories? no one is stepping forward to the media or is the media being asked to keep a lid on it?. even Twitter is quiet. I find it odd.

Is this not horrid enough to be a major news story or is it too shocking? why so quiet? any thoughts?

In my opinion: people maybe afraid to come forth due to the accused, Steven Zelich being a second generation cop and what appears in the media to be a cover up in progress at this very moment;
even if it isn't - that IS what it looks like.
It is not a reach for my imagination to think that if others were involved in Laura and Jenny's Death's they too were (or are) law enforcement officers.
I truly hope that the law enforcement agencies and government officials involved in this investigation will take steps to become more transparent to make it possible for people to find the courage needed to come forth with information that could help bring about justice.

Had anyone seen the security footage from the motel stay? I'm just curious if it looked like he was struggling with carrying the suitcases (ie; there was a body in one).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there security footage confirmed? I've read that hotel officials saw both of them check in and only saw Zelich check out and thought I read that they also has security camera footage of him leaving (and coming in with her?) but am not sure.

Can anyone confirm that with URLs? Thanks!

He had his Wisconsin Private Security License since 07/02/2007 and it expires 08/31/2014. Wondering where he worked after "resigning" from West Allis PD in 2001 up until working for Securitas in 2007.

http://online.drl.wi.gov/LicenseLookup/IndividualCredentialSearch.aspx

If you click on his name, this link states he started working for: SECURITAS SECURITY SERVICES USA INC MILWAUKEE, WI EMPLOYER on 06/28/2007

Quoting myself, and wondering if Just Simply Red could fill in more of what she knows for 2006 & 2007. In JSR's post #636, she says she met him online in Jan 2006, met him in person in Mar 2006, moved in with him @ the condo in Aug 2006, and she moved out of the Washington St house/duplex in Aug 2007. Where did he work before Securitas?

in my opinion: people maybe afraid to come forth due to the accused, Steven Zelich being a second generation cop and what appears in the media to be a cover up in progress at this very moment;
even if it isn't - that IS what it looks like.

I'd be interested to learn if SZ received (at least) an associate degree at WCTI/WCTC. I'd like to also know if he is still in close contact (ie friends) with any fellow graduates or his ex co-workers from West Allis P.D. If that's the case, anyone w/a past relationship needs to come forward / be recused from working on this case. (or is that too polllyanna to even ask?)

Who has responsibility / oversight in this investigation? Has anyone seen that in the news? Is there a lead investigative task force or is this the keystone cops w/a variety of jurisdictions overlapping / duplicating efforts etc . . . ?

What I have found for addresses so far from court records:

IN Nov. 2002 he lived at 11229 W. National Ave. #110 in West Allis, WI

From at least June of 2008 (no idea how long before this date he moved there) he lived at 5832 Washington St. in West Allis, WI...in December 2011, the eviction paperwork was filed in small claims so the landlords could be reimbursed, the judgement was granted in March of 2012...so when he moved out, I am not exactly sure. Maybe our verified insider can help with how long he lived at this address.

in April of 2013 it appears he moved to 8011 W. Lincoln Ave. #1 in West Allis...the addresses he was arrested from. In his court records, it shows he sent a change of address to the courts April 30, 2013.

So there appears to be a gap between the last 2 addresses that we have. I don't know if that means he waited before he informed the courts that he moved or if he lived somewhere else in between, if he did live somewhere else, that would mean, he wasn't living in that apartment when he killed Jenny.

Can anyone else find any additional info anywhere?

I found an article stating; "Further research shows he lives in an apartment at 8011 W. Lincoln Avenue in West Allis and moved there in February"
Source: http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2014/06/retired-police-officer-arrested-for.html

o/t but interesting I hope.

Something's weird when you look on the U.S. Social Security Death Index site, there are so many deaths between 1970 and now/recent (in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan too) of people with variants of the name Zelich. The deaths occurred close together.
Fine, many people with similar names have died, but all of them from Milwaukee or nearby cities (Fond du lac, Saint Croix, Waukesha).

Here's the thing though, people have died in my family too spread out over the years. When you pull up their names, you will find complete information, such as, when they were born, when they died and where they died. The women's maiden names are listed as well. So you get a complete picture of who they were originally, how old they lived to be and who they married. You can pick out their spouses in most cases going by name, ages and city.

When you pull up the names with a "Z" - many different versions of Zelich - longer versions with an 'i' or an added syllable here and there, there's incomplete information for practically every entry; just a name with the year of death along with a city and state. From looking, you have no clue their age upon death, if they had been married, etc.

I began looking to see if any youngish women with the name Z had passed away from any of the states I suspect SZ may be affiliated. If they had the Z name through marriage, their maiden name would be listed as well. I became sidetracked upon noticing how many peeps with Z name have been dying over the past few decades without having complete histories such as when they were born! Are these real people?
Also there seems to be a large population of Z's (dead) in Oregon too.

Wonder how easy it is to scam social security these days and how many methods there are to do so.

The article I stumbled upon in search of SZ's former address made me curious when I read that there had been an anonymous informant on Missing Persons of America telling the journalist,

"Back in January, I received information from a person that wanted to remain anonymous about Laura Simonson and her being taken from her home by a man that bought and sold other women over the years. That man, whose name I did not release in that January's article, was Steven Mark Zelich"

Did SZ tell the journalist about himself ? or was it someone else ?

Was SZ involved in human trafficking ? I seem to recall there was a reference to human trafficking in the 1st thread; something about the area where the suitcases were found....?
Makes me wonder if the suitcases were put there for a reason not at random.......

Is that why the media went silent ?

Source: http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2014/06/retired-police-officer-arrested-for.html

What I have found for addresses so far from court records:

IN Nov. 2002 he lived at 11229 W. National Ave. #110 in West Allis, WI

From at least June of 2008 (no idea how long before this date he moved there) he lived at 5832 Washington St. in West Allis, WI...in December 2011, the eviction paperwork was filed in small claims so the landlords could be reimbursed, the judgement was granted in March of 2012...so when he moved out, I am not exactly sure. Maybe our verified insider can help with how long he lived at this address.

in April of 2013 it appears he moved to 8011 W. Lincoln Ave. #1 in West Allis...the addresses he was arrested from. In his court records, it shows he sent a change of address to the courts April 30, 2013.

So there appears to be a gap between the last 2 addresses that we have. I don't know if that means he waited before he informed the courts that he moved or if he lived somewhere else in between, if he did live somewhere else, that would mean, he wasn't living in that apartment when he killed Jenny.

Can anyone else find any additional info anywhere?

KDub, I believe the Washington St address and the current Lincoln Ave address were back to back.

Just Simply Red's posts numbers 636, 751, & 1084 state in Aug 2006 she moved into the Franklin condo with him and in Aug 2007 she moved out of the Washington St duplex.

The condo info is from:
http://county.milwaukee.gov/CountyTreasurer7712.htm
http://gcswebportal.milwaukeecounty.org/GCSWebPortal/Search.aspx
showing:
10027 WHITNALL EDGE DR E
FRANKLIN WI 53132
In this timeframe, Trulia shows the condo was sold in 2003, then next early 2007: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Wiscons...-10027-W-Whitnall-Edge-Dr-E-Franklin-WI-53132

My guestimate would be this order (from Spokeo, PeopleFinders, Ancestry, and White Pages searches):
2001-2003- 11229 W National Ave, Apts 104 & 110, West Allis WI
2003-2007- 10027 W Whitnall Edge Dr Unit E Franklin, WI
2007-2012- 5832 W Washington St, West Allis, WI
2012-2014- 8011 W Lincoln Ave, #1, West Allis, WI

Before 2001, he also has these addresses:
8535 W Waterford Ave #6, Milwaukee
9430 W Maple Ct, West Allis (1989)
3774 S 24th St, Milwaukee

From what I can tell, prior to living on Washington Street he lived in a condo at 10027 W Whitnall Edge Dr #(snipped) Franklin, WI 53132

"Gamez's foster mother, Lorraine Eriksen, said she submitted dental records to police to help in her identification. Eriksen said she last saw Gamez on Mother's Day in 2012 when she stopped to bring her a plant."

Saw not spoke to on the phone

Source: https://news.yahoo.com/second-wisconsin-suitcase-body-identified-oregon-woman-185658941.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...sin-suitcase-second-body-identified/11812099/

This link simply has that the foster mother spoke to Jenny on Mother's Day.

"Gamez's former foster mother said she last spoke to her on Mother's Day 2012."

Usually when someone sees someone they elaborate and explain they got together, not that they just spoke to one another.
When someone is missing, it is a big factor when peeps last saw the person vs. spoke to the person. Plus, usually, when
you see a person face-to-face, you spend more time talking then you would spend on the phone.

I'm confused why the other story, linked above, would not have printed that FM actually had laid eyes on Jenny in May if that's what FM said.

Thanks for the suggestions! Keep 'em coming! Now that the basic framework of the timeline is set up, it's a simple matter to edit or add to it, and I do plan to post updated versions as information develops.

Burned up a few brain cells working on the dang thing overnight, and can already see a few flubs and omissions. Am not entirely certain I interpreted the court records correctly, so if anyone can double-check those for me...

I intentionally left some things out that may wind up on the timeline after all, such as Zelich's parents filing for divorce in 1989. Since his mother is still living, as far as I know, I was hesitant about putting it out there, but I'm very interested in any factors that may have helped shape Zelich into the predator he became.

Thanks so much for trying to pin down those addresses! I'd planned to do that myself, so y'all are saving me a lot of work, lol.

The people turning over rocks here are AMAZING! There are so many directions one can take in this case. Accomplices? Thinking definitely. Trafficing (sic) girls? same. Lake Geneva, $$$$ playground for the wealthy of WI and IL. The location might not be random. Maybe the location that SZ selected was sending a message.

::::SIDEBAR::::

Lisa Ling did a report for the OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) series "Our America" on the topic of BDSM

Youtube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WwnUTlqEj4

if you don't want to watch the whole thing (it's short and I urge you should educate yourself about "dungeons") you can fast forward to 1:50 where a Dominatrix describes the types of "professional men" who are regs in dungeons.

IF SZ was providing girls for a wider network, he could very well be blackmailing someone. One would have to find the "dungeon" he was using. I don't think it's a coincidence that this case has been kept so "clean" (in defense) all the while he harbored bodies for how long?

OkieGrannie ~ We now have a platform to build from and somebody had to do it . . . and you're our special someone! :)

I found an obituary of a Wisconsin Nun. The Nun was five years older than her twin sisters who had children. One of them had a daughter, Mary.
It is written, Mary (Steve) Zelich. The Sister died in Milwaukee in July of 2012. She lived in Mequon for almost 20 years until 1983.

http://ssnd.org/sites/default/files/files/obituaries/Sara_Jean_Donegan_071112.pdf

Is it possible this SZ is/was married to Mary? (considering the obit was written two years ago)
It seems so strange there'd be another SZ connected to Wisconsin (though it doesn't print the cities where the nieces live).

I demand to know OkieGrannie's IQ - lol!

You rock and provide so much valuable information. Thank you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb
Back