GUILTY WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.city-data.com/summit-county/N/Norton-Road-9.html

Check out 2265 Norton Road in Hudson, Ohio (5th property on the list)
A Steven Zelich owned this property along with a women DMZ.
Could this be SZ when he used his cage?

I found an obituary of a Wisconsin Nun. The Nun was five years older than her twin sisters who had children. One of them had a daughter, Mary.
It is written, Mary (Steve) Zelich. The Sister died in Milwaukee in July of 2012. She lived in Mequon for almost 20 years until 1983.

http://ssnd.org/sites/default/files/files/obituaries/Sara_Jean_Donegan_071112.pdf

Is it possible this SZ is/was married to Mary? (considering the obit was written two years ago)
It seems so strange there'd be another SZ connected to Wisconsin (though it doesn't print the cities where the nieces live).

No, I don't think this is the same Steven Zelich. Some quick googling indicates this one is an Ohio native and was still married as of 2010.

So you believe this to be a completely different SZ? It appears the Ohio guy (per home record) had/has a wife named Dawn.
I'm unclear about the dates relative to the real estate though. Did this SZ have Dawn and then Mary?
Yes, some Steve Zelich was still married to a Mary in 2012, according to the obit (as far as relatives knew anyway). I'm just not sure.

Do we have any information that Zelich was ever married? If we do, I can't recall. Seems like it shouldn't be that hard to confirm, one way or the other.

Yes - OkieGranny, the timeline is the beginning to the end of a tragic story. So, so helpful as we put together the possibilities. Thank you for your hard work. And Marg - Thank you, too. Often, a parent death is significant in the formation of a psychopath. It would also be interesting to know more about his Mother and how he was raised. These facts may (may not?) soon emerge.

A very interesting subject is the psychology behind extremely deviant personalities imo. Yet, no one has cracked the code to provide answers why people are sick and evil like these examples. There has only been one parent, the father of Dahmer I believe, oh and the sister of Gacy too, who have given in depth interviews about growing up with or raising the killers describing what they were like.

Steve Zelich, like Bob Bashara in Detroit, both had strong fathers. BB's was a well thought of Judge while Zelich's was a top cop.
What would make these men, who had decent fathers to the outside world, turn into monsterous men?

Do we have any information that Zelich was ever married? If we do, I can't recall. Seems like it shouldn't be that hard to confirm, one way or the other.

I don't think SZ was ever married, I even searched Clark County/Las Vegas. There are three other SZ's that I have found; his paternal grandfather, the one in OH, and the other one in WI- Rothschild/Marathon area (married to the Mary you found/and had the pardon for drug charges)

For some reason, even though I'm not multi quoting, the quotes from before load into the box. I just had to delete them all for the third time.

No, no official info that SZ has been married. But, at 52, it seems likely that he may have been and wouldn't be surprising if the marriages didn't last.
That is why, when these SZ's are showing up with wives names, I find it intriguing. Although maybe it isn't good to identify whoever that is anyway. But, if police do, maybe they can learn more about his travels and if he's lived elsewhere and such.

My guestimate would be this order (from Spokeo, PeopleFinders, Ancestry, and White Pages searches):
2001-2003- 11229 W National Ave, Apts 104 & 110, West Allis WI
2003-2007- 10027 W Whitnall Edge Dr Unit E Franklin, WI
2007-2012- 5832 W Washington St, West Allis, WI
2012-2014- 8011 W Lincoln Ave, #1, West Allis, WI

Before 2001, he also has these addresses:
8535 W Waterford Ave #6, Milwaukee
9430 W Maple Ct, West Allis (1989)
3774 S 24th St, Milwaukee

Referring to what's bbm above:
8535 W Waterford Ave #6, Milwaukee <<---- This was his mother's residence.
3774 S 24th St, Milwaukee <<---- This was his father's residence.

In my opinion: people maybe afraid to come forth due to the accused, Steven Zelich being a second generation cop and what appears in the media to be a cover up in progress at this very moment;
even if it isn't - that IS what it looks like.
It is not a reach for my imagination to think that if others were involved in Laura and Jenny's Death's they too were (or are) law enforcement officers.
I truly hope that the law enforcement agencies and government officials involved in this investigation will take steps to become more transparent to make it possible for people to find the courage needed to come forth with information that could help bring about justice.

Follow up to My own opinion:

"At least 93 Milwaukee police officers have been disciplined for violating law" - "Their offenses range from sexual assault and domestic violence to drunken driving and shoplifting, according to internal affairs records"
Source: http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/wa...-disciplined-for-violating-law-132268408.html

"Police Department ignores national standards for officers accused of domestic violence"
A 2001 incident, Officer arrested for battery while armed, domestic violence battery and misconduct in public office - charges that could have landed him in prison for 5&#8201;½ years and barred him from possessing a gun for the rest of his life. But that didn't happen. Not only did Velez avoid prison, he was suspended from the department for just six days.
Source: http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/wa...s-accused-of-domestic-violence-132868198.html

Public forum suggesting Police department corruption in West Allis - http://www.topix.com/forum/city/west-allis-wi/TOFKT08LNRD7DIHQV

"They see it as protecting their own, but it's corruption,"

"They need to stop protecting their own and start protecting victims."

Source: http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/wa...s-accused-of-domestic-violence-132868198.html

What I have found for addresses so far from court records:

IN Nov. 2002 he lived at 11229 W. National Ave. #110 in West Allis, WI

From at least June of 2008 (no idea how long before this date he moved there) he lived at 5832 Washington St. in West Allis, WI...in December 2011, the eviction paperwork was filed in small claims so the landlords could be reimbursed, the judgement was granted in March of 2012...so when he moved out, I am not exactly sure. Maybe our verified insider can help with how long he lived at this address.

in April of 2013 it appears he moved to 8011 W. Lincoln Ave. #1 in West Allis...the addresses he was arrested from. In his court records, it shows he sent a change of address to the courts April 30, 2013.

So there appears to be a gap between the last 2 addresses that we have. I don't know if that means he waited before he informed the courts that he moved or if he lived somewhere else in between, if he did live somewhere else, that would mean, he wasn't living in that apartment when he killed Jenny.

Can anyone else find any additional info anywhere?

I cannot remember exactly when we moved the duplex on Washington Street. I do know it was early 2007 because we were at the condo in Franklin for Christmas and New Years. I left the duplex in August of 2007 so I'm not sure how much longer he stayed there.

Wonder if LE is doing forensics on any of those houses that have basements ?

"I also found another website with the same photo and user name that shows two photos of two different woman, that appear to be in a dungeon. One woman is blonde and the other has dark hair"

Source: http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2014/06/retired-police-officer-arrested-for.html

Astrokitty mentioned those photos, which were posted on his profile on one of the alternative lifestyle websites, back in the original thread. The photos were traced back to some place in Europe. SZ did not take the photos, he just borrowed them from another website. They are not his victims. The photos were turned into LE.

AstroKitty, is it unusual for someone seeking a BDSM relationship on a site like collarme to post such a "normal" looking photo of himself sitting on a sofa? Or do most members post something that doesn't show their face and make them as recognizable? I'd look it up myself but there are small fry around.

This is probably of no help, but I agree with a previous poster's suspicion that this photo wasn't likely taken at his apartment. Those furnishings do look like the home of an older person, or at the very least someone who loves antiques. My grandparents (born in the 1920s) have that exact mirror, which I believe they inherited from an older relative. I recognized it because I've helped them dust and clean it before. The photo really looks like the type a senior citizen might take of his/her visiting adult son, and maybe they sent him an extra copy of it.

JSR, do any of the furnishings in the photo look like anything you remember of Zelich's? Was this anything close to his decorating style?

I just deleted my whole post because I was wrong.....
The Motel I posted a photo of in the previous thread is not the one Zelich met Jenny at...I found new information and it is right off the highway as stated in the article. One second. ....I can't seem to delete this photo, but it is not correct...I'll be right back.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).jpg
    Screenshot (1).jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 129
I just deleted my whole post because I was wrong.....
The Motel I posted a photo of in the previous thread is not the one Zelich met Jenny at...I found new information and it is right off the highway as stated in the article. One second. ....I can't seem to delete this photo, but it is not correct...I'll be right back.

Hotel managers told us Zelich's name wasn't in their records but police say records could be missing because the hotel was sold multiple times. In records CBS 58 uncovered we found the hotel changed hands three times. Surjit LLC. sold to Wisconsin Hospitality LLC. and then to current owners of Sunrise Hotel Incorporated

"Hotel managers told us Zelich's name wasn't in their records but police say records could be missing because the hotel was sold multiple times. In records CBS 58 uncovered we found the hotel changed hands three times. Surjit LLC. sold to Wisconsin Hospitality LLC. and then to current owners of Sunrise Hotel Incorporated"

Above quote, first thought... Are police offering up an excuse again?
Maybe he did not stay there. Sigh.

http://www.cbs58.com/news/local-news/Kenosha-Police-now-take-over-the-case-of-two-women-stuffed-in-a-suitcase-265313631.html

Hotel managers told us Zelich's name wasn't in their records but police say records could be missing because the hotel was sold multiple times. In records CBS 58 uncovered we found the hotel changed hands three times. Surjit LLC. sold to Wisconsin Hospitality LLC. and then to current owners of Sunrise Hotel Incorporated.

http://www.biztimes.com/article/20131211/ENEWSLETTERS06/131219949/0/milwaukee_blog

Sunrise Hotels Inc. this week purchased the 72-room Quality Suites hotel in Kenosha from Milwaukee-based Wisconsin Hospitality LLC for $1.42 million, according to state records.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:aPep9woIToMJ:www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/search%3Fq%3DWisconsin%2BHospitality%2BGroup%2BLLC+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Real Estate Leads - Collected week of January 10, 2014
Seller: Wisconsin Hospitality LLC, Buyer: Sunrise Hotels Inc., Buyaddr: 7206 122nd Ave., Buycity: Kenosha, Buystate: WI, Buyzip: 53142, Property Address: 7206 122nd Ave., Propdesc: Parcel No. 03 121 01 475 &#8230;

View attachment 54292

AstroKitty, is it unusual for someone seeking a BDSM relationship on a site like collarme to post such a "normal" looking photo of himself sitting on a sofa? Or do most members post something that doesn't show their face and make them as recognizable? I'd look it up myself but there are small fry around.

This is probably of no help, but I agree with a previous poster's suspicion that this photo wasn't likely taken at his apartment. Those furnishings do look like the home of an older person, or at the very least someone who loves antiques. My grandparents (born in the 1920s) have that exact mirror, which I believe they inherited from an older relative. I recognized it because I've helped them dust and clean it before. The photo really looks like the type a senior citizen might take of his/her visiting adult son, and maybe they sent him an extra copy of it.

JSR, do any of the furnishings in the photo look like anything you remember of Zelich's? Was this anything close to his decorating style?

Yes, it is normal for people to post normal photos on those sites. I did. That photo of him on the couch was his photo when I first started talking to him. Those are not his things. I don't know where that photo was taken but the couch, the mirror, none if it was his.

People to post normal photos on those sites. I did. That photo of him on the couch was his photo when I first started talking to him. Those are not his things. I don't know where that photo was taken but the couch, the mirror, none if it was his.

Did you ever meet any of his family? Not trying to sleuth them, just curious about the quality of his relationships with family members, and how he interacted with them. Were they close or distant? Did he ever talk about his childhood, or ever mention being abused?

Did you ever meet any of his family? Not trying to sleuth them, just curious about the quality of his relationships with family members, and how he interacted with them. Were they close or distant? Did he ever talk about his childhood, or ever mention being abused?

I never got to meet any of his friends or family. I had a feeling his family never knew about me and early into our relationship, I sent him flowers at the Title Company that he owned with his sister. I just wanted them to be aware that he was with somebody.

He talked about his childhood a little bit. He showed me one day where he grew up as a kid and talked about his parents painting their house pink. He made it seem like he had a good childhood.

Another bit of something that I remembered him saying... he once told me that he didn't want a woman that had her life together because then she could never really be a slave to him. No career, no close family ties, no children. Those things all take away from being a 24/7 slave.

Also, about his work history. He was in the business with his sister until either late 2006 or early 2007. Don't remember. After that, he had a few different jobs. He worked selling cars for a very short time. I remember him getting a job and then leaving it a few days later. He did end up working for Hilton as weekend third shift security for a while. I think that the company that hired him for that was Securitas.

"Title Company that he owned with his sister" - real estate - possible access to houses & property not in his name . . . ?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
opieyumyum
Back