GUILTY WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know. I am a female and was in prison. Yeah...he ain't gonna make it.

"Quote Originally Posted by copsdaughter View Post
Oh my, from the article: "Beginning in 1995, he worked security at the Sheraton Hotel in Brookfield while off-duty."

How long did he work there? Are there any disciplinary actions in his file from there? As security, he had a 24/7 all access pass to rooms, rooms where single women stayed, which were sleeping & vulnerable. OMG Are there any unsolved cases of rape and/or assault or murder from that hotel? Any women that were assaulted and never filed a report? Flippin scary and mindblowing that he had that kind of access.

Also, now its coming to light why my dad said his nickname was "zilch". My dad retired in mid 90s, and already knew SZ was a ."
I don't know how long he worked there but the three times I met him were all at a Sheraton in my city. He said he got a discount there and seemed very proud of it.

I believe this is source of the thought/discussion that a Hotel/Motel discount for SZ might have influenced where he stayed

Oh my, from the article: "Beginning in 1995, he worked security at the Sheraton Hotel in Brookfield while off-duty."

How long did he work there? Are there any disciplinary actions in his file from there? As security, he had a 24/7 all access pass to rooms, rooms where single women stayed, which were sleeping & vulnerable. OMG Are there any unsolved cases of rape and/or assault or murder from that hotel? Any women that were assaulted and never filed a report? Flippin scary and mindblowing that he had that kind of access.

Also, now its coming to light why my dad said his nickname was "zilch". My dad retired in mid 90s, and already knew SZ was a ."

I believe this is source of the thought/discussion that a Hotel/Motel discount for SZ might have influenced where he stayed[/QUOTE

I dunno. I worked at the same hotel at the same time....but I went into a different entrance.]

Okay...Stop. I work in construction. I am not a security guard...I am a construction worker. But I have worked in many hotels, including the Brookfield Sheridon SZ said he was employed at. I am serious....they do not just give you keys. I am serious, hotels are really strict about their key policy. You basically have to cry the entire chorus of "Jesus Christ Superstar" and hit every note with perfection before you get a key. It is not that easy. People keep saying "he worked in a hotel"...yeah. I worked in the same one. So? They did not just "give us" keys. It was a nightmare to ask for a keypass...like George Orwell 1984...I had to give DNA and do some sort of strange yoga stance to get a pass. They keep track of that. So, it is not that easy.

And no, we do not know anyone in other hotels. There is no secret illuminati of hotel workers. Sorry to break that, but no. I worked at that Sheridon for almost a year...and if I end up in Iowa and say, ""I worked at Sheridon in Brookfield!" you know what happens? Nothing. It does not work that way. There is not some "I worked here so give me a discount" sort of code. It does not happen. He just got a motel room. Lets not read more into it than it really is.

I know several hotel employees that get discounted hotel stays at the same chain they are employed by. I often use this discount with my friends. Just FYI, not really important to the case

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A very interesting subject is the psychology behind extremely deviant personalities imo. Yet, no one has cracked the code to provide answers why people are sick and evil like these examples. There has only been one parent, the father of Dahmer I believe, oh and the sister of Gacy too, who have given in depth interviews about growing up with or raising the killers describing what they were like.

Steve Zelich, like Bob Bashara in Detroit, both had strong fathers. BB's was a well thought of Judge while Zelich's was a top cop.
What would make these men, who had decent fathers to the outside world, turn into monsterous men?

One of the variables I have contemplated is that it appears SZ was getting more controlling and consequently more dangerous after the passing of his father along with the repeated failures in life vocationally and financially that followed;
Looking at the timeline it is also possible that his quest for victims online was relative to his failures in life, there is at least a couple of parallels that I have noticed:

2001: Zelich resigned from the West Allis Police Department

2002: Zelich's father passed away

2003: We know from Notmeanymore that at least 1 profile existed online

2007: A former business partner cut all ties with Zelich, accusing him of embezzlement from Comprehensive Title LLC

2008: Household Finance filed suit against Zelich in civil court and was awarded $16,345.26

2009: Livingston Financial filed suit against Zelich in civil court and was awarded $11,360.21 plus $3,979.70 interest

2009: Zelich created a profile on ThailandSexy.com

2010: Midland Funding filed suit against Zelich in small claims court and was awarded a judgment of $2,170.85

2010: First American Title Insurance, underwriter for policies written by Comprehensive Title, sued Zelich for unpaid premiums and was awarded $53,797.75 plus $3,598.65 interest

Dec. 19, 2011: Zelich's landlord filed an eviction suit against him in small claims court and was awarded a judgment of $6,569

Jan 19, 2012: Zelich placed a message on MasterB Slave Club seeking an owner for "no limit no release enslavement"

2013: Household Finance filed a Garnishment-Large Claims suit against Zelich in civil court

In my opinion; The more out of control reality was for SZ the more he needed the control he felt he had over the victims he chose to abuse (consensual or not) - eventually that need progressed to the point of having to take their lives.

I don't know where it is exactly....their website still has it listed, initials are SV (of the shop)?

Edit: Looked it up, says its on Greenfield, near 98th.

It's still there. If you get off highway 45S Greenfield exit and go east, it is directly on your left. Can't miss it. I go past it once a week when I want McDonald's coffee. :)

SOS Thank You

It might also be added to your timeline his stalking behaviors and hanging out at strip clubs while on the WAPD. If we are to believe the woman who ran from his house (and I do) she heard him get out the handcuffs and he threw her to the floor - she's one who got away. Just saying, I think the potential for violence was there - she thought he was going to kill her. But, I'm intrigued with your analogy - it seems the "risks" and violence increased over time. Thank you for taking the time to put this together!

One of the variables I have contemplated is that it appears SZ was getting more controlling and consequently more dangerous after the passing of his father along with the repeated failures in life vocationally and financially that followed;
Looking at the timeline it is also possible that his quest for victims online was relative to his failures in life, there is at least a couple of parallels that I have noticed:

2001: Zelich resigned from the West Allis Police Department

2002: Zelich's father passed away

2003: We know from Notmeanymore that at least 1 profile existed online

2007: A former business partner cut all ties with Zelich, accusing him of embezzlement from Comprehensive Title LLC

2008: Household Finance filed suit against Zelich in civil court and was awarded $16,345.26

2009: Livingston Financial filed suit against Zelich in civil court and was awarded $11,360.21 plus $3,979.70 interest

2009: Zelich created a profile on ThailandSexy.com

2010: Midland Funding filed suit against Zelich in small claims court and was awarded a judgment of $2,170.85

2010: First American Title Insurance, underwriter for policies written by Comprehensive Title, sued Zelich for unpaid premiums and was awarded $53,797.75 plus $3,598.65 interest

Dec. 19, 2011: Zelich's landlord filed an eviction suit against him in small claims court and was awarded a judgment of $6,569

Jan 19, 2012: Zelich placed a message on MasterB Slave Club seeking an owner for "no limit no release enslavement"

2013: Household Finance filed a Garnishment-Large Claims suit against Zelich in civil court

In my opinion; The more out of control reality was for SZ the more he needed the control he felt he had over the victims he chose to abuse (consensual or not) - eventually that need progressed to the point of having to take their lives.

SoS ~ absolutely! Isn't it also ironic that after the 5/13/01 incident (that cost him his job), he would use the name MrHandcuffs? He specifically lied in the internal interview w/the CO of the West Allis P.D. about having handcuffs at his home that night. It's an interesting choice for a moniker.

In reference to the interview (thank you mogr56 and copsdaughter for posting links!) Can anyone get the 7/17/01 link to play? I don't think the site embedded it. :/

Here's my take on the interview that he did the night of the 5/13/01 incident:

He does a great Eddie Haskell impersonation (clean as a whistle).

Would a gal really take money away from man (in front of him), place it in her purse (he had the color of the purse wrong, didn't he? black vs white/gold) and expect no recourse?

If he wanted his money back, why didn't he grab the WHITE AND GOLD purse away from her? Why did he go for her throat? Wouldn't it be easy for a guy his size to wrestle a purse away from a woman?

If he emptied his pockets out on the table (where he placed his wallet), would she not see his badge? Is she going to steal from a cop, really (esp if there were open warrants out for her arrest).

ahhh, the mystery condon - what more needs to be said?

then, there's the mystery of how the clothes relocated themselves in the hallway...

the CO who interviewed SZ the VERY day of the attack stated, "there won't be any criminal procedure here". Yes, he was immediately given the benefit of the doubt, wasn't he? and this is after there were other complaints filed against him by women for stalking and inappropriate behavior.

I believe this is source of the thought/discussion that a Hotel/Motel discount for SZ might have influenced where he stayed

You really can't file anything. You get in trouble. Then the police look at you like you did something wrong.

I have complained before about how I was treated by officers. Did not work. I ended up arrested.

You CANT file a complaint against the police department. I am just being honest. They police themselves and you make a complaint...you end up in jail.

There was a huge murder at the hotel a few years back, but it was at a wedding that was held there, nothing to do with SZ.

FYI - each news station in Milwaukee has aired slightly different recordings of his responses (some include the same, too) but one station announced that the CD recordings are 7 hours long. Most are focused on the events toward the end of his employment but I have a feeling we'll be hearing more and more of what behaviors he was disciplined for (not that I haven't heard enough - ha!)

In his recordings"
He's silent and then he begins stammering (when asked about the condom)
He states he is "the victim"
He blames the victim
He takes no ownership of wrongdoing (for anything) Does admit to passing out business cards with home number but that is all.
Twists and manipulates the questions being asked.
And my favorite..."I'm always professional and gentlemanly"

Yes Oh That Victoria - SQUEAKY CLEAN!! :sweep:

In his recordings"
He's silent and then he begins stammering (when asked about the condom)
He states he is "the victim"
He blames the victim
He takes no ownership of wrongdoing (for anything) Does admit to passing out business cards with home number but that is all.
and my favorite..."I'm always professional and gentlemanly"

Yes Oh That Victoria - SQUEAKY CLEAN!! :sweep:

Oh man, he's the victim? Wonder why he freaked out so much about the condom, maybe he was still having relations with the bodies? Ew.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back