WI WI - Nicholas Hietpas, 22, & dog, vehicle found abandoned in Oconto Co., Appleton, 1 Apr 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry mods if this is not allowed! it's been several years since i have posted. I just thought this might be of interest to the case...

I was doing some research on this case and found Nicks alltrails profile!

Perhaps there are some clues within his past activities? His profile shows his maps, activities, reviews etc. I am not sure if this is worth any value to the case but I figured I would leave it here.

Nick Hietpas
Appleton, Wisconsin
Member since October 2017
1 Followers 0 Following

Under “ACTIVITIES” there are some actual maps that look to have tracked his progress while hiking/walking. I am curious if these might help give us some clues on his possible location. I know several years have gone by, but I figured it's still might be worth looking into.

LINK TO HIS PROFILE:
RSBM just to save space.

Whoa, you get a huge gold star for this, great work!!!

It's interesting to me how his trail history is varied. My hike choices are more uniform in distance and difficulty with the outliers being hikes I did on vacation or with someone who had a different skill level than mine, but all still relatively alike.

I'm also curious as to whether his history is all established/marked trails or if he also hiked areas where you have to bushwhack your own trail, like state forests or other unimproved locations. Again, I tend to mostly hike established trails unless I am geocaching.

Thank you for the work you put into this and the details you provided, what a terrific find! I am eager to start looking at the data, but I would love to know what you make of the information and if there is anything that really stands out.

ETA: I wonder if he stopped using AllTrails in 2017 and switched to a different app such as Gaia -- I like AllTrails, but my husband prefers Gaia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back