GUILTY WI - Principal John Klang, 49, dies in Cazenovia school shooting, 29 Sept 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i don't understand. WHY haven't all schools everywhere been outfitted with metal detectors and armed security guards,, and WHEN is this going to happen???? it's sad that it's come to this,, but with all these boys & men going insane the way they are these days,, i see no other choice.

I am curious to see how this goes with the suspect being a juvenile. Will they release his name? Will he be tried as an adult?

This is happening to often.

cathieq said:
Impulse and conduct disorders are very prevalent...Those with a "proper professional" diagnosis receive treatment; without a diagnosis or treatment - use your imagination. And remember, these are "new" disorders...borderline personality disorders, pervasive developmental disorders, ADHD, ADD, bipolar disorders, oppositional-defiant disorders, impulse control disorders, schizophrenia. Most kids who have been diagnosed suffer from two or more of the preceding disorders.

I'm not trying to excuse these kids, but hey, these kids are in information overload. In other words, these kids are being bombarded with too much info in too short time. They are not mature enough and have not been taught how to handle all this information or misinformation, if you will. Everything is "give me, give me, give me" and "I want, I want, I want"- NOW! Not later, NOW!

Video games, of which I play regularly, requires the player to "think on the fly"-to win you have to act now...or else. TV programs are much the same way. And with all that, both parents usually work so that their kids don't do without. My gosh, you sure don't want to be a bad parent and not provide your kid with a cell phone, Gameboy, or Playstation. Now couple or triple all that with school - test, test, test - Kids now have labels. You are either "advanced", "proficient", "basic" or "below basic"...or as I like to put it - smart, almost smart, dumb, or dumber.

If we as a people don't step back, take a deep breath, and give these kids a break...Lord have mercy on our souls.
Seems to me that as a parent - I have the obligation to insure my kids are properly raised - it is me who has the obligation to raise them in a manner that teaches love, respect, honor, discipline, and truth. I'll give the kids a break - but it is the parents that need their sorry backsides kicked from here to the moon. There is no excuse for kids who believe the world revolves around them - except that their ignorant parents probably have the same attitude and don't have the time or gumption to raise their spawn appropriately. JMO.

:clap: :clap:

raisincharlie said:
Seems to me that as a parent - I have the obligation to insure my kids are properly raised - it is me who has the obligation to raise them in a manner that teaches love, respect, honor, discipline, and truth. I'll give the kids a break - but it is the parents that need their sorry backsides kicked from here to the moon. There is no excuse for kids who believe the world revolves around them - except that their ignorant parents probably have the same attitude and don't have the time or gumption to raise their spawn appropriately. JMO.
amen.................:blowkiss:

raisincharlie said:
Oh thank you for your post. My sentiments precisley:clap:

A teenager who pried open his family's gun cabinet brought two weapons to his rural school Friday and shot the principal to death after a struggle with adults and other students, authorities said.

The 15-year-old was taken into custody and charged as an adult with murder, the district attorney said. No one else was hurt.

Authorities said the teen had complained about being teased by other students and decided to confront teachers and the principal using a shotgun and handgun taken from his parent's bedroom. The shooting also came one day after the principal gave him a disciplinary warning for having tobacco on school grounds, according to a criminal complaint.

Witnesses said the student walked in with the shotgun before classes began. A custodian, teachers and students wrestled with him, but he broke through, took out the handgun and shot Weston Schools Principal John Klang three times, Sheriff Randy Stammen said.

A custodian said the teen was a special-education student who told him he was there to kill someone, but did not say who.

"He was calm, but he was on a mission," said Dave Thompson, 43, who also has two children at the school.

Sophomore Shelly Rupp, 16, described the boy as a freshman with few friends and said he was "just weird in the head."

"He always used to kid around about bringing things to school and hurting kids," she said at a gas station nearby where students and townspeople gathered.

Thompson said the student first pointed a shotgun in a teacher's face. Thompson grabbed away the gun, but the student then appeared to be reaching for another gun, so Thompson and the teacher took cover. Thompson ran into a kitchen to call 911.

Klang then confronted the gunman. After the shots were fired, the principal, who was wounded, somehow wrestled him to the ground and swept the gun away, the complaint said.

Klang, 49, was shot in the head, chest and leg, authorities said. He died hours later at a hospital in Madison.

Sheriff Randy Stammen praised Klang's swift action. "The heroics of the people involved in this can't be understated," he said.

The teen, identified as Eric Hainstock, said a group of kids had teased him by calling him names and rubbing up against him, the complaint said, and the teen felt teachers and the principal would not do anything about it.

So Hainstock decided to confront students, teachers and the principal with the guns, according to the complaint.

The complaint also said Hainstock had told a friend a few days earlier that Klang would not "make it through homecoming," referring to festivities planned for the school's homecoming weekend.

Hainstock could get life in prison if convicted, District Attorney Patricia Barrett said. Wisconsin does not have the death penalty.

Detectives executed a search warrant at Hainstock's house late Friday, the sheriff said. The teen was scheduled to make an initial court appearance Monday.

more at the link http://www.forbes.com/infoimaging/feeds/ap/2006/09/29/ap3056502.html

Shadow205 said:
A teenager who pried open his family's gun cabinet brought two weapons to his rural school Friday and shot the principal to death after a struggle with adults and other students, authorities said.

The 15-year-old was taken into custody and charged as an adult with murder, the district attorney said. No one else was hurt.

Authorities said the teen had complained about being teased by other students and decided to confront teachers and the principal using a shotgun and handgun taken from his parent's bedroom. The shooting also came one day after the principal gave him a disciplinary warning for having tobacco on school grounds, according to a criminal complaint.

Witnesses said the student walked in with the shotgun before classes began. A custodian, teachers and students wrestled with him, but he broke through, took out the handgun and shot Weston Schools Principal John Klang three times, Sheriff Randy Stammen said.

A custodian said the teen was a special-education student who told him he was there to kill someone, but did not say who.

"He was calm, but he was on a mission," said Dave Thompson, 43, who also has two children at the school.

Sophomore Shelly Rupp, 16, described the boy as a freshman with few friends and said he was "just weird in the head."

"He always used to kid around about bringing things to school and hurting kids," she said at a gas station nearby where students and townspeople gathered.

Thompson said the student first pointed a shotgun in a teacher's face. Thompson grabbed away the gun, but the student then appeared to be reaching for another gun, so Thompson and the teacher took cover. Thompson ran into a kitchen to call 911.

Klang then confronted the gunman. After the shots were fired, the principal, who was wounded, somehow wrestled him to the ground and swept the gun away, the complaint said.

Klang, 49, was shot in the head, chest and leg, authorities said. He died hours later at a hospital in Madison.

Sheriff Randy Stammen praised Klang's swift action. "The heroics of the people involved in this can't be understated," he said.

The teen, identified as Eric Hainstock, said a group of kids had teased him by calling him names and rubbing up against him, the complaint said, and the teen felt teachers and the principal would not do anything about it.

So Hainstock decided to confront students, teachers and the principal with the guns, according to the complaint.

The complaint also said Hainstock had told a friend a few days earlier that Klang would not "make it through homecoming," referring to festivities planned for the school's homecoming weekend.

Hainstock could get life in prison if convicted, District Attorney Patricia Barrett said. Wisconsin does not have the death penalty.

Detectives executed a search warrant at Hainstock's house late Friday, the sheriff said. The teen was scheduled to make an initial court appearance Monday.

more at the link http://www.forbes.com/infoimaging/feeds/ap/2006/09/29/ap3056502.html
So big freaking deal, he got picked on! His principal was holding him accountable for unacceptable behavior and he couldn't own up to what he had done, because don't you know it's always somebody elses fault.

Seems premeditated to me. Told several other people in the days prior that the principal wouldn't make it through homecoming??

Oh and just for the record....gun cabinets are not safe enough! They are mostly for display, you need to ahve an actual gun safe if you want them to be out of the reach of others.

Now he should pay the ultimate consequences for his actions, JMO!

the biggest fear i had going to elementary school was forgetting to take my lunch and not eating all day. i cannot believe we are in a place where three school shootings have happened within one week. its hard not to be depressed about this. our kids should NOT be afraid to go to school. i should NOT be afraid that by sending my kids to school, i may never see them again. this is all wrong wrong wrong

kelly london said:
the biggest fear i had going to elementary school was forgetting to take my lunch and not eating all day. i cannot believe we are in a place where three school shootings have happened within one week. its hard not to be depressed about this. our kids should NOT be afraid to go to school. i should NOT be afraid that by sending my kids to school, i may never see them again. this is all wrong wrong wrong
And two schools in Las Vegas are in lockdown after a student was seen with a gun. You ar righ, this is wrong, wrong, wrong and sick, sick, sick.

My daughter's high school had a bomb threat today. They sent all the staff and students running to the stadium with a "GO, GO, GO." I'm telling you - she called me running to the stadium out of breath to find out if I had any idea what was going on and I nearly died!!!!! My heart did flip flops!!

I have a 14yr old in grade nine and a 9yr old in grade 5 and I've never before felt so afraid to have them be at school. We live in a great place but obviously schools are becoming a place of choice for some very sick individuals to cause large scale damage and then take their own lives or get shot by police. :furious:

less0305 said:
My daughter's high school had a bomb threat today. They sent all the staff and students running to the stadium with a "GO, GO, GO." I'm telling you - she called me running to the stadium out of breath to find out if I had any idea what was going on and I nearly died!!!!! My heart did flip flops!!

Less,

OH MY GOD!!! :eek: I'd be freaking out! Is everything ok now? Is she ok? That would be so traumatic!! Poor kids, poor parents.

Hugs,
Jubie

jubie said:
Less,

OH MY GOD!!! :eek: I'd be freaking out! Is everything ok now? Is she ok? That would be so traumatic!! Poor kids, poor parents.

Hugs,
Jubie

After a couple hours she called to say they were sending them back to the school, but she's checking out and going home!

less0305 said:
My goodness! I can't imaging how you felt, I'd be in major panic!!! Has your daughter called you back?

kelly london said:

Kelly, we where just talking about this at lunch. My biggest fear going to school was maybe I didn't study well for a test or I forgot last night's homework. These poor children, they have so much to fear to face these days. I pray for all of these children and their families that where involved in this tragic situation.

kelly london said:
Sad isn't it? You can't even feel they are safe when they go off to college either. I have 2 in college now, and I have the same worries about them staying alive.

It is horrible. Every day when I drop off my kids I tell them I love them and on the rare occassion I forget, I panic because I worry that I might not get to tell them that later.

When I get to my desk at work , I try and recall what they were wearing that day, just in case. I hate it! I hate it! I hate it! I hate having to feel like I am over reacting about making sure the last thing my children hear from my lips as we part ways is, I love you. I hate having to collect my thoughts on what my kids wore to school that day. I hate making sure that I am at my desk at a certain time to hear the phone ring with my daughter on the other end telling me she has arrived home safely.

I hate the thought of metal detectors and uniforms, etc, but if it brings my kids home to me every evening, then so be it. My DD middle school has started uniforms mainly because of safety, no baggy pants, tucked in shirts, belts- so that they can see what is in people pockets, no bookbags during school.

jubie said:
Less, I'm glad she's ok and going home, she's probably stressed and being at home she can try to calm down.

Jubie

Thanks Jubie! With everything that has been going on - I was just a ball of exposed nerve endings. And I know those kids must have been scared out of their minds. And the school tells them nothing except "RUN!" Thank goodness for cell phones these days. At least she was able to find out what was going on and knew what to expect next. Everyone's concern is so much appreciated.

And I'm like you - my heart just goes out to these children and their families. How horrible for them all!!!

SadieMae said:
My goodness! I can't imaging how you felt, I'd be in major panic!!! Has your daughter called you back?

Thanks SadieMay for your concern. She's fine now and they actually have already traced the call to the person who phoned in the threat - so he's in hot water now!! How stupid to do something like this now as the news is so full of school shootings!! Why anyone would want to put people through more tension, anxiety, etc. is beyond me.

i am so glad i have not brought any innocent children into this world,, it is truly getting worse by the day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns
Back