Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, July 1999 #2 - Peggy Lynn Johnson *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also one of Laroches sons has the last name Johnson. I can’t help but wonder if there is a familial connection they haven’t released yet.

What's interesting is the Wisconsin Circuit Court Access site lists Linda S. LaRoche with an alias of Linda Sue Johnson. I know Johnson is a common name, but still seems at least slightly bizarre that would be an a/k/a with the same last name as her victim.

This is one of the worse stories I have read on here, she was I assume tortured and kept as a slave for 5 years. That's far worse than even being murdered by a serial killer. That's worse than anything I have assumed.

Can the husband be arrested for failing to report a death? Everyone must have been afraid of her. Total psychopath and she apparently didn’t hide it.

Technically yes. He is an accomplice to the murder, even if he did not commit the murder himself. I also wonder how Linda could have transported Peggy's body. Did she have help? Was it her husband who helped her carry the body? Regardless, LE is going to be lenient on the husband because he will cooperate. Otherwise, if he does not cooperate, he will face some pretty hefty charges himself. The prosecutor will want the husband to testify against Linda for a stronger case.

" La Roche's former husband described her as a “force to be reckoned with.” He told investigators that one day in 1999 he came home from work and found Johnson dead on the floor.
“La Roche told him Peggy had overdosed and she was going to take her away,” according to the criminal complaint. “He recalled La Roche being gone for approximately 2 ½ hours and then returning home without Peggy. (La Roche's former husband) states that he never saw Peggy again."
The tale that La Roche told investigators about Johnson’s death goes like this: La Roche came home and found Johnson standing on a counter, pouring a bottle of pills down a drain. A few minutes later, Johnson fainted.La Roche, who is a registered nurse, “stated she didn’t know what to do and that she thought about calling an ambulance but didn’t,” according to the complaint. She claimed that Johnson’s eyes were still fluttering, and she decided “she couldn’t handle Peggy anymore,” so she took Johnson to her grandmother’s home.
Upon interviewing Johnson’s grandmother, she told investigators she had never met La Roche. Then, investigators said that La Roche “changed her story and admitted that she was not sure who the person was that she left Peggy with.”
The next day, she changed her story again. This time, she said she drove Wisconsin, let Johnson out of the car in a rural area and drove away."
and "“La Roche asserted that Peggy was not injured at all when she dropped her off and that something must have happened to her after she dropped her off,” investigators reported, “contradicting the information regarding the condition of Peggy’s body at autopsy.”

from: Her name is Peggy: The events that led to the death of Peggy Lynn Johnson

this really is 1000x worse that I had imagined. i've been following this since day one, Peggy's story was all over the news (i'm from that area where she was found) and those first morgue photos have haunted me.

i read in a link that someone reported recently that LL was saying she killed a woman in IL. i bet it was him.

he knew what was going on tho, why didn't he report it?
I saw that also. I think something should definitely happen to her husband since he saw the dead body and did not report it or say anything about it. But—we don’t know all of the details yet so we shall wait and see what happens!

We learned early on that Racine Jane Doe was sexually assaulted. I'd like to know who sexually assaulted Peggy now that we know the living situation.

Thanks, I thought I remembered that but no one else did. I'll be shocked if he didn't sexually abuse her. I'm pretty sure I remember reading they had someone's DNA from semen.

It took them a long time to do anything after she was last exhumed. I'm pretty sure I copied a quote from one story about a rape kit or something similar

Technically yes. He is an accomplice to the murder, even if he did not commit the murder himself. I also wonder how Linda could have transported Peggy's body. Did she have help? Was it her husband who helped her carry the body? Regardless, LE is going to be lenient on the husband because he will cooperate. Otherwise, if he does not cooperate, he will face some pretty hefty charges himself. The prosecutor will want the husband to testify against Linda for a stronger case.

Sorry but I'm sure he helped move her. He will be facing charges too eventually. There's no way she moved her by herself. I wonder if the kids will face charges too since they were older when she was murdered

Can the husband be arrested for failing to report a death? Everyone must have been afraid of her. Total psychopath and she apparently didn’t hide it.

I'll be shocked if he's not charged with at least that.

It looks like Linda Laroche's escalating drinking problem may have contributed to her admitting she killed a woman.

The tip that led to LaRoche's arrest came from "a concerned citizen" in Cape Coral who said that LaRoche had been "telling people that she had killed a woman back when she lived in Illinois," according to the criminal complaint. The Racine County Sheriff's Office heard about the tip on Sept. 23.

Her name is Peggy: The events that led to the death of Racine County's Jane Doe

----------------------------

"Cape Coral neighbor Paul Rachalski said LaRoche mostly kept to herself until about six months ago.

“Many times, I’d be walking my dog during the middle of the day,” Rachalsi said. “She’d be out with a long gown on, no shoes and, you know, drunk, and we would walk her home. I mean everybody did that, and she was actually very friendly.”

Through call logs, we also confirmed Cape Coral Police Department had to respond to LaRoche’s address seven times this year. Most recently, it was in response to a drunk pedestrian a few weeks ago."

Cape Coral resident identified as the killer in 20 years old Wisconsin homicide investigation

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave
Back