Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that's what I thought they meant -- that the body showed some physical markers associated with some kind of developmental problem. Fetal alcohol syndrome or Down syndrome were the ones that came to my mind, but that's far from the only possibility. They wouldn't be able to say for sure whether she had symptoms, but they could identify the possibility.

I wouldn't say Down Syndrome, but I hadn't considered other physical markers related to cognitive disabilities. They must be fairly certain to have included that characteristic in her description. Poor little girl. Surely someone must know her!

I wouldn't say Down Syndrome, but I hadn't considered other physical markers related to cognitive disabilities. They must be fairly certain to have included that characteristic in her description. Poor little girl. Surely someone must know her!

My first instinct was she might have had a mild case of Williams Syndrome.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Williams_syndrome
There is quite a range of degrees of severity for that one.

That being said, Dina Michele Shoemake. Susan Marie Cummings, Eva Maire Fiedler, Natasha Marie Shanes, Kimberly Alice KIng, Deborah Ann Quimby, Marjorie Christina Luna, Doreen Jane Vincent, Aundria Michelle Bowman, Sarah Lee Murphy, and Lurline M. Bergeron are all matching possiblities...

Eva Marie Fiedler is alive and found:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/07/nevada.abduction.arrest/index.html?hpt=T2

<snip>

The case resurfaced Tuesday, when Eva Marie Fiedler, now 32, attempted to change her name to Melissa Reed in order to obtain a marriage license in Washoe County, Somerset County prosecutors said in a release. A background check found a listing in the National Crime Information Center for Eva Marie Fiedler as a missing child out of New Jersey.

<snip>

My first instinct was she might have had a mild case of Williams Syndrome.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Williams_syndrome
There is quite a range of degrees of severity for that one.

Not being a doctor, I would have to agree that sounds likely.

Her facial features remind me of the girl down the street, who has mild Down Syndrome. It's not obvious unless you've known her for a while, and she graduated from regular high school, albeit in a special program.

Okay, after looking at Lori Ann Krueger a little more closely, I see that she doesn't really fit JD's description. Lori's forehead is smaller, nose is different, eyes have more of a downward slope and the facial structure is also different. I can definately rule out Jennifer Lynn Fay, Brooke Leigh Hensen, Tabitha Diane Brewer, Wendy Kathlene Hudakoc and Christina Marchell Richart.

These missing women and children are shown in the Jane Doe's video I previously posted of missing persons that LE have all ready looked into. I had to repeatedly click the mouse to actually see the missing since the pictures are shown so fast.

I am fairly ceratin that I can also rule out Theresa Ann Bier, Stephanie June Lucero, Karen Marie Mitchell, Tawnya Fay Parker, Amy Lynn Bradley, Melissa Lynn Eck, Tracie Lynn Mosley, Kristina Joanne Porco, Amanda Gail Slaughter, Monica Lynn Appleton just due to the fact that none of these women really "look" like Jane Doe.

That being said, Dina Michele Shoemake. Susan Marie Cummings, Eva Maire Fiedler, Natasha Marie Shanes, Kimberly Alice KIng, Deborah Ann Quimby, Marjorie Christina Luna, Doreen Jane Vincent, Aundria Michelle Bowman, Sarah Lee Murphy, and Lurline M. Bergeron are all matching possiblities with Doreen Jane Vincent being in my opinion as well, on the top of the list of being the closest match.

Doreen's physical description is so close to that of Jane Doe. She more than likely did run away (since she had money and clothing on her at the time of her disappearance) and maybe was a transient for some time, became a prostitute or involved with drugs and was picked up by some freak.

Doreen has so many of the fitting physical characteristics of Jane Doe. The short, wavy curly brown hair, the hazel eyes, double pierced ears, probably Jane Doe's height by the time she reached maturity, long slender neck and her nose and lips are a very close match as well. I wish they had a better pic showing Doreen's ears. Jane Doe's are lower set and she also had that cauliflower ear deformity but we don't know if that was something that happened due to the beating/torturing she endured or if it was a injury she sustained as a child.

I read up on cauliflower ear because I had never heard of it prior to reading Jane Doe's report. If medical attention is not seeked shortly after the injury to the ear, the cartilage breaks down and causes the cartlilage to die. The outer ear becomes permanently swollen and deformed giving it that cauliflower resemblence. It can also cause hearing loss in the ear. Cauliflower ear is very common in boxers and wrestlers from the repeated blows to the head. But I can see it happening to someone who has taken a hard fall or a hit from maybe a baseball.

I would think had the injury happened prior to Doreen's disappearance that would have been a factor in her description that she had a deformed ear and possibly hearing loss.

I am so new to this, and I know this sounds ignorant, I wouldn't even know how to go about contacting authorities or The Doe Network. I don't want them to think that I am some kind of nut case. Well, I guess I am, lol, not having anything better to do then to sit here on my computer looking up cold cases.

Jane Doe has just taken up so much of my time that I guess it never crossed my mind what I would do if I did infact think I had a match. Can anyone give me some ideas on what I should say and who exactly to contact first. Is the Doe Network contacted by law enforcement authorities if she (Doreen--or anyone missing for that matter) was ever a possible match. I mean, would that have that info in their records?

Thanks everyone!!

This post reminded me of a self defense class I took in college. If someone attacks you, the first thing you should do is grab their ear and pull it off as the carthiage in the ear is the most vulnerable/weakest on the body. Also a missing ear would help identify the traiter. I've been punched in the nose and the eye on a few occasions and the mark has taken a few days to heal at best. Wondering if I have ever been hit in the ear the damage may have been more severe/lasting?

It makes me so sad to hear about these types of cases. I agree everyone deserves a name. My gut feeling is that she is a runaway from an abusive family who will never acknowledge her. The dental impressions are from someone who was not cared for. She was probably hitching from somewhere else.

There is a serial killer who was a long haul driver by the name of Keith Hunter Jesperson who was eventually incarcerated. He has a weird sense of honor. It could be worth someone's while to question him about this murder. He has admitted to several, he is known as the Happy Face killer. He has issues with women and particularly women who hitch and expect gratuity. He fits what I see happened to this lady. BTW, there is a book about him called "The creation of a serial killer" by Jack Olsen. Not that it would make the classics but it is a good read on the mindset of one that did talk.

this is sad

What worries me about RJD is the possibility it was her own family that abused and murdered her. I believe she was tortured over a significant length of time. If it was her family, the chances of figuring out who she was are greatly reduced. :(

What worries me about RJD is the possibility it was her own family that abused and murdered her. I believe she was tortured over a significant length of time. If it was her family, the chances of figuring out who she was are greatly reduced. :(

Sadly, I've had that hunch from the get-go.

I've also speculated she was cognitively disabled and the family did this to her out of "shame".. It's sick to speculate that way, as I am the brother of a guy who is moderate MR and would NEVER dream of someone harming him in this way. Yet, some people are sick.

As for Doreen, it's long been my hunch that she was either a Hadden Clark victim or done by one of her family members.. In either case, I see her more East Coast bound and not Racine.. However, the images bare a striking resembelence.

Ever since I first learned of this case several years ago, I've thought that maybe she and her killer were carnival/fair workers. The Racine County Fair is held the last week of July, so maybe they were in the area for that reason. I thought that maybe she had been out of touch with her family for many years doing the carnival thing, which would explain why they didn't think she was missing and haven't come forward.

I don't know... maybe that idea's just preferable to the thought that no one has claimed her.

Ever since I first learned of this case several years ago, I've thought that maybe she and her killer were carnival/fair workers. The Racine County Fair is held the last week of July, so maybe they were in the area for that reason. I thought that maybe she had been out of touch with her family for many years doing the carnival thing, which would explain why they didn't think she was missing and haven't come forward.

I don't know... maybe that idea's just preferable to the thought that no one has claimed her.

It would certainly be a plausible scenario.

It's so sad to read in this section about all the unidentified and unclaimed victims, and then go over to the missing persons area and read about all the family and friends who have been searching everywhere for sometimes twenty or thirty years trying to find a loved one. There's gotta be more ways to match them up. :banghead:

I've said this before....I wonder if she received special education services? Being "cognitively disabled" would have qualified her for services. The case is only a little over 10 years old. Someone who worked in special ed may remember this girl. I wish they would send her photo to all special ed departments in the surrounding areas. Of course, this is assuming she went to school at some point in her life.

I always thought from the get go that RJD was Aundria but nothing ever came of it but see now that it is seriously being looked at. Awesome work:woohoo:

Great to see all the hard work everyone is doing. I feel like I am going to be sick after seeing the postmortem posted directly on page 8 but w/e, guess I should expect it in the Unidentified section, right? I thought graphic content meant that the details of her story/murder were graphic, usually it will says "Graphic PHOTO" or "Post Mortem Photo".

Carlk' any updates from LE on this case you can share with us? IIRC they were working on this pm with Aundria since about March or April of this year. Now that December is hear any news?

FWIW, I am 99.5% certain this is Aundria. The photo's match up so perfectly it's difficult to see how they couldn't possibly be a match. I don't want to quote the post Danaya mentioned on page 8 - if you could please add that to a link to bring forward? (ty!)

Taking another look at that pic from page 8- if you can remove the shadow from Aundria's left (our right) the angle of her jaw bone compared to RJD's is exact. It's hard to see that with the shadow but it is spot on.

I am hoping LE is making progress with whatever they need to make an official ID because I am pretty confident that will be the final result when LE can get what they need to do this.

tia

I'll try giving him a call again next week. I have a feeling though, that it will be the same story.

I'll try giving him a call again next week. I have a feeling though, that it will be the same story.

As long as they are making progress..... I'd love to hear yes we are moving forward even if they can't give details.

thanks Carl!

Carlk' any updates from LE on this case you can share with us? IIRC they were working on this pm with Aundria since about March or April of this year. Now that December is hear any news?

I called in for an update, and was told that Tom Knaus will be out of the office for "a few weeks".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman