Deceased/Not Found WI - Rosalio Gutierrez Jr, 40, Kenosha County, 17 May 2020 *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

12:30 p.m. – Searches, Movement & Cash

After a brief morning break, jurors heard testimony from one of the state’s witnesses, Detective Vicente Correa. Detective Correa was involved in investigating Anderson’s alleged involvement in Gutierrez’s murder.

Detective Correa confirmed several text messages were sent between Anderson and Beachum in the week before the victim’s death — and showed jurors the movements Anderson made before the murder by using his cell-phone history.

1678997393595.png

2:30 p.m. – Blood, A Footprint & Pizza Box

Following Thursday’s lunch break, Detective Correa told jurors about what he and other officers found when they began investigating at Gutierrez’s apartment. Inside, Detective Correa said they found a pizza box and a receipt with his name and address on it. Officers hoped to use the receipt to determine a timeline up to his disappearance.

The detective also confirmed there was blood “in many areas of the home” and a neighbor had told officers on scene that they heard “something happening” the evening of May 17, 2020.

The state also asked the detective about a footprint recorded as evidence at the scene — the detective said officers could not determine who that footprint belonged to or whether or not it was involved in Gutierrez’s disappearance.

3:00 p.m. – Search Warrant Discoveries
Before taking a quick break, jurors heard from Detective Correa about what investigators found when they served a search warrant at Anderson’s home.

Detectives searched Anderson’s van and found carpet had recently been ripped up, the van smelled like bleach and it appeared there were some blood stains in a few areas.

Officers also noted a fire pit in Anderson’s yard that was active and smoldering. In published court documents, detectives have previously said a bleach bottle and burned pieces of clothes were found charred inside a fire pit on Anderson’s property.

Jurors also saw images of a bag of cash that was found in Anderson’s ottoman — totaling about $48,000.

1678997541339.png
The detective also confirmed Anderson searched for the store hours of a few general home improvement stores the day after he allegedly killed Gutierrez.

Jurors also saw images of a bag of cash that was found in Anderson’s ottoman — totaling about $48,000.

View attachment 409489
The detective also confirmed Anderson searched for the store hours of a few general home improvement stores the day after he allegedly killed Gutierrez.
Hmmm never thought of the ottoman doubling as a safe and that amount seems like a "Get out of Dodge" stash or something to do with his Mary Jane grow that he had going on.

Thinking more about where the victim could be and darn sure items that were burned were clothing items and such. Haven't heard of bone fragments being found that would raise an eyebrow or investigators attention to have them tested. Burning of a body like cremation requires temps up to 1,800 degrees for 2hrs. and even then some bone shards and fragments still remain, tree farm still holding some secrets.

Van smelling like bleach, carpet ripped out, and apparently blood found, buttons from Levi (minor daughter testified that dad never wore Levis) jeans found in fire pit, and purchases made at Walmart not looking good for ZA. I’m sure there is more. His stalking was off the hook. Moo

Do you guys watch Law & Crime a lot? Both this trial and the ice cream man trial seem to never have any talking heads or anything of the sorts. Just zooms in on the state seal during recesses. Is this normal? Was all that hoopla just special for the Murdaugh trial?

Do you guys watch Law & Crime a lot? Both this trial and the ice cream man trial seem to never have any talking heads or anything of the sorts. Just zooms in on the state seal during recesses. Is this normal? Was all that hoopla just special for the Murdaugh trial?
I'm watching both mainly this case through COURT TV and they do have talking head breaks. I usually mute during breaks and don't listen to keep my thoughts on the case up front.

I'm watching both mainly this case through COURT TV and they do have talking head breaks. I usually mute during breaks and don't listen to keep my thoughts on the case up front.

Is COURT TV just a youtube channel? I don't necessarily care for the talking head opinions, but sometimes I have to mute the trial or otherwise get distracted while working and miss big chunks. It was nice to have someone sum up the key things I missed in a few minutes.

Don't know the answer to that, currently over 10K are viewing L&C live stream of this trial so its got an audience.

I watch on Law & Crime.

Why is she asking a detective about geo fencing? moo
Defense attorney confusing me lol. Believe she's trying to say that the geo fencing in that area that picks up GPS and phones didn't pick up ZA's phone but sure taking the long way to make a point.

Is COURT TV just a youtube channel? I don't necessarily care for the talking head opinions, but sometimes I have to mute the trial or otherwise get distracted while working and miss big chunks. It was nice to have someone sum up the key things I missed in a few minutes.
COURT TV and Law & Crime both have You Tube channels, I believe. Law & Crime's Youtube channel is strictly the stream with no commentary....which is why I prefer it. :)

Yes believe so and I have the app on the ole big screen.

He's wearing flip flops.

4:45 p.m. – Defense Questions Detective

The defense began their turn at questioning Detective Correa by asking about Anderson’s cell phone data he had just testified to — working to poke holes at whether or not cell towers really show an accurate picture of where a person is located at any given time.

Anderson’s defense attorney also brought up the fact that just because Anderson may have searched about when home improvement stores open, doesn’t mean that detectives know why he was searching for that information.

1679000809242.png

Hmmm never thought of the ottoman doubling as a safe and that amount seems like a "Get out of Dodge" stash or something to do with his Mary Jane grow that he had going on.

They found a withdrawal slip for $50K from Wells Fargo dated a few days before the murders

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89
Back