GUILTY WI - Taylor Schabusiness, 24, dismembered man’s body, placed head in bucket, Green Bay, 2022 *Graphic*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
See her laugh when they said Dahmer's butt

These searches show a form of motive and are absolutely valid evidence to be shown to the jury, good on the judge!

Like he mentioned mistrial though, never seen anything like it

I have not followed from the beginning and have a few questions if anyone may know.

Was her Husband incarcerated when this murder happened?
Were her and Shad "buddies" or has she always been in love with him?
Was she a regular meth user?
Wondering if her Husband will testify?

I'm anxious to see her interview.

Why is TS wearing different tops/outfits during trial? moo
Defendants have a right to wear street clothes for the jury trial so as not to undermine the presumption of innocence. The jurors must assume the defendant is innocent until proven guilty. Most U.S. states (if not all) allow defendants to appear in court in street clothes for the jury trial.

See her laugh when they said Dahmer's butt

These searches show a form of motive and are absolutely valid evidence to be shown to the jury, good on the judge!

Like he mentioned mistrial though, never seen anything like it
BBM
In all of my years of trial watching, I do not recall a defense attny ask for a mistrial for a report that had not been entered into evidence by the prosecution yet and was not even going to be offered to the jury! If he is referring to the witness recalling various searches for "satanic bible" "jeffrey dahmer" and "kkk", he could have objected to the answer and requested it to be stricken from the record. But a mistrial over it?

Did this man not review any of the discovery the prosecution provided to him regarding this entire investigation? Every report and photograph he inspects and takes notes on them like he is seeing them for the first time while everyone waits on him to do so. Then he shows them one by one to his client. While everyone waits again! That is just so bizarre and such a waste of the court's time.

Defendants have a right to wear street clothes for the jury trial so as not to undermine the presumption of innocence. The jurors must assume the defendant is innocent until proven guilty. Most U.S. states (if not all) allow defendants to appear in court in street clothes for the jury trial.
Hi @Rhozwen, I understand that... my question is why the change of blouse? It looked like she had a different blouse on than earlier but I maybe wrong about that. moo

Note: The Green Bay Press-Gazette has chosen not to publish many of the graphic details of this crime. However, readers may find material in this report disturbing.

GREEN BAY - A medical examiner who performed an autopsy on Shad Thyrion testified Tuesday rule that the Green Bay man was a homicide and that afterward his body was significantly mutilated.

Thyrion's body sustained additional significant harm in the hours after his death, Dr. Vincent Tranchida, now the deputy medical examiner for Dane and Rock counties, told jurors on Day 2 in the trial of Taylor Schabusiness.

Mistrial sought, denied​

Froelich, outside the jury at day's end, asked Walsh to declare a mistrial, which would have required the case to start over, because prosecutors indicated they wanted to introduce evidence that Schabusiness' internet searches in February 2022 indicated a significant interest in Jeffrey Dahmer, the serial killer and sex offender who Froelich called "the worst killer in Wisconsin." Froelich said it would be unfair for prosecutors to connect Dahmer's case and Schabusiness'. Dahmer was murdered in state prison in 1994 while serving 15 life sentences for murder.

Walsh denied Froelich's request for a mistrial, but told prosecutors he did not want "further references made" to Dahmer.

July 25, 2023 (Day 2 of trial)​

• Dr. Vincent Tranchida testified
    • Gave a description of the autopsy and photographic evidence of Shad’s head was presented in court.
    • A number of substances throughout the victim’s body were found. Dr. Tranchida said it was not a meth overdose, but agreed that he has seen strangulation deaths as the result of a sex act.
    • Says the body was ‘eviscerated’ and the organs were removed.
    • Talked about how his professional opinion is that the drugs did not affect Shad’s death.
  • Police Officer takes the stand
    • State presents a video recording of the officer’s bodycam footage handcuffing and arresting Schabusiness.
    • Bloody footprints around the van, as well as blood on her hands, were seen.
    • Cross-examination mentions that the blood can’t really be seen from the video but the officers can be heard noticing it.
  • Judge allows a photo of the head taken during the autopsy to be shown.
    • Was deemed helpful to the jury.
  • Wisconsin State Crime Lab DNA Analyst talks about DNA testing
    • Concluded that Schabusiness is the source of the major female contributor and Shad was the source of the minor male contributor.
  • Police Lieutenant compared the arrest of Schabusines to a ‘deer in the headlights’ or a ‘child caught with their hand in the cookie jar’.

Hi @Rhozwen, I understand that... my question is why the change of blouse? It looked like she had a different blouse on than earlier but I maybe wrong about that. moo
I went back through today's stream and you are absolutely right! She started the day in one blouse then after coming back from the first AM break she had a different blouse on. Then after the afternoon break, she came back with the first blouse she had on. Good eye on that one!
That is odd and now I wonder if she is going to start doing random things to play with the audience. She does seem to enjoy the attention.

(My apologies for misunderstanding what you were asking!)

I didn’t know about the Dahmer searches before today. This further solidifies my thought that she researched what to do with the body or at very least used things she learned about him to commit the crime. Are we sure she didn’t eat any?

Updated: Jul. 13, 2023 at 5:45 PM EDT

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WBAY) - “The whole picture just doesn’t add up.” Those were the words of an independent forensic psychologist about her interaction with Taylor Schabusiness.

Updated: Jul. 13, 2023 at 5:45 PM EDT

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WBAY) - “The whole picture just doesn’t add up.” Those were the words of an independent forensic psychologist about her interaction with Taylor Schabusiness.
That was on the 13th. Was she found competent? I didn’t think they could start the trial if not.

Wait, is defense for real here?! Yah, I can bet that we all have numerous "dodgy" searches in our cyber history of murder and serial murderers... The difference is, we haven't gone and butchered someone and put their head in a bucket after googling Dahmer!

This dude is going to object to every iota of evidence that proves premeditation and he's getting on my nerves now
I'm glad he's trying to put up some kind of defense otherwise there could be a claim of ineffective council.

I'm glad he's trying to put up some kind of defense otherwise there could be a claim of ineffective council.
Yah for sure, like @Rhozwen said above too he is certainly taking his time going over the files as if he's seeing them for the first time, which could could be somewhat accurate being that he was only assigned the case not too long ago after she clobbered her last lawyer!

He's proper grasping though, like you can tell that he's doing his damnedest to look like he's being diligent, with his cross examinations and his green marker but in reality he's just babbling because he has absolutely nuffin on that table that can get him a win.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mareno
Back