WI - Teresa Marie Halbach, 25, Manitowoc, 31 Oct 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this salvage yard has all the equipment to smash the cars...40 acres is a large area..and each car was searched.

I said yesterday when I called that they said they did not need any volunteers..I don't live far from there...Figure LE is doing it all now cause they have plenty of evidence.

They found blood, saliva and prints...didn't mention semen..

My sister met him about a month ago (he was at her home as she had a dining room set for sale - beautiful one too)...they bought it...my sister said they both were non-descript...said Steve is only 5'6" at the most and not as big as he looks on TV..

22 minutes until the press conference...

Press conference on right now. Sheriff just said that item(s) from Teresa Halbach's car were found in Steven Avery's bedroom.

Now classifying it as a homicide.

Hoppy

Sheriff says he is "shook up" from what he has seen so far in this investigation.

Also said LE is looking at "incindery evidence."
Hoppy

Teresa's car keys were found in Stevens bedroom..

Blood and teeth were found on property..

Missing person case has now turned into homicide investigation,..

How sad...

I'm typing as I'm listening to the press conference.....

The past 36 - 48 hours has been "an incredibly difficult time for the Halbach family." Asking everyone to treat the family with extreme "sensitivity."

They have indeed found "human evidence."

Haven't charged anyone yet.

Out of respect for the family they are not providing any info as to how they know it's Teresa's remains. They have found at least some of Teresa's teeth.

Hoppy

Human remains (bone fragments) were found near Steven Avery's residence, according to LE.

A burn barrel "is pertinent to the investigation."

Hoppy

This IS a homicide.

Sheriiff said he was quite shaken up and upset. In his 32 years he's seen a lot of bad things but this homicide TAKES THE CAKE knowing someone could do this to another human being.

60 more State Officers on scene now...

FBI will be involved...

Steve Avery will be arraigned for having the guns on 11-15...

No suspect has been named.

Numerous pieces of bone of various sizes were found.

Blood was found in Teresa's vehicle already on Sat.

"Items were used to facilitate the fire," but LE doesn't yet know the exact nature of the items (e.g. gasoline, kerosene).

All according to LE.

Hoppy

When asked by reporters if, due the large area and the reputation of the salvage yard (to get rid of cars quick ??), during their search, was there eveidence to any other crimes on the property, The sheriff stated he would not comment ....

Sounds like the poor girl was beaten and then burned....or crushed in a car and then burned....OMG

Prayers for her family....how sad!!!

So, so tragic.

I'm off to a dr. appt. Will rejoin you guys here later.

Go hug your kids,

Hoppy

lisag said:
When asked by reporters if, due the large area and the reputation of the salvage yard (to get rid of cars quick ??), during their search, was there eveidence to any other crimes on the property, The sheriff stated he would not comment ....
I hope this isn't another Robert Pickton!! (Robert was a Vancouver pig farmer/serial murderer of prostitutes)

Are there any more missing women in the surrounding area???

joanofarc said:
I hope this isn't another Robert Pickton!! (Robert was a Vancouver pig farmer/serial murderer of prostitutes)

Are there any more missing women in the surrounding area???

There is a missing girl, Laurie Depies, missing from in the general area.... Although, she was missing while he would have been in prison... Another girl, Amber Wilde has been missing for several years as well, but she too went missing while he was in prison..

I cant think of anyone who has gone missing since his release of even from before he went to prison.

Her car had a lot of blood in it, buildings w/blood. Numerous bone pieces found and also teeth were found. Body parts were burned

Bones and teeth found are for a woman

Her car keys were found in Steve Avery's home.

lisag said:
There is a missing girl, Laurie Depies, missing from in the general area.... Although, she was missing while he would have been in prison... Another girl, Amber Wilde has been missing for several years as well, but she too went missing while he was in prison..

I cant think of anyone who has gone missing since his release of even from before he went to prison.
His brothers weren't in prison though.....seems like they might be all "one of a kind"..........

WTH is up with Theresa's car keys in Steve's bedroom....if that isn't an obvious (too obvious) key bit of evidence....I don't know what else is....it screams of "set-up".....but the question is by whom????

joanofarc said:
His brothers weren't in prison though.....seems like they might be all "one of a kind"..........

WTH is up with Theresa's car keys in Steve's bedroom....if that isn't an obvious (too obvious) key bit of evidence....I don't know what else is....it screams of "set-up".....but the question is by whom????
Either he is being set up by someone (most likely in his family) or he did this because he wants to go back to prison.

My heart goes out to Teresa and her family.

Set up.... or he's really not good at being a criminal. Who ever did this did a messy job of it. That poor girl! I would really like to know what the motive for this is. Especially since she had been doing work for him for about a year. Did he have this secret crush on her... or did he snap... or is he really being set up. If thats the case I can almost bet it was family.

naive = stupid (for someone that age, no?)

Said he was gonna be arrested when they positively identified the remains.

Bet the family didn't help him...also bet he raped her and that's why he killed her...destroy evidence.

jmo

Some criminals are just stupid. :doh:

He may have intended to move it but never got the chance with all the other stuff he was probably running around trying to cover up.

I don't think this was a set up... it wouldn't make sense.

Someone would have had to do alot to set him or this family up. Avery, has said Halbach took pictures of a minivan the family had for sale and left.

Someone there is guilty and my vote goes to Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay