WI - Teresa Marie Halbach, 25, Manitowoc, 31 Oct 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Teresa Halbach: Steven Avery Taken Into Custody
Teresa Halbach has not been found but authorities say they will ID a suspect in 24-48 hours. In other news around the case Steven Avery has been taken into custody on an unrelated weapons charge. Investigators still need volunteer searchers, and the family has set up a website to get the word out of Teresa’s disappearance.

Teresa Halbach website

Volunteers essential in search for Halbach

Hopes fade for missing Calumet County woman

TERESA HALBACH FAMILY SETS UP WEB SITE ON MISSING WOMAN

Attorney: Officers take Steven Avery into custody

Avery: ‘I’m going to jail … I can’t talk to you no more’

Steven Avery Arrested

Montanagirl said:
He keeps hollowring about LE setting him up, but LE was not responsible for putting him away. Thw woman that was assaulted ID'd him and a jury of his peers conviced him based on the evidenc they were presented. It is tragic that he was wrongly conviced and was in prison for so long, but by all accounts he wasn't Mother Teresa before he went to jail. Standing naked in someone's yard and attempting to force someone into your car at gun point are seriously messed up actions. and if he did something to Theresa, he mught get off because he can scream LE is setting him up. Seems like he thinks he might have a Get Out Of Jail Free card. I;'m not convinced he didn't have something to do with her dissapearance or knows who might have done it. IMO
Actually LE did play a role in misleading the victim into ID'ing him. There was a sheriff's deputy, I think, that was aware of Avery's involvement in forcing the lady into his car at gunpoint. He was also a friend of that lady's husband, so probably had a vendetta against Avery. I believe he was the one that suggested Avery could have been involved in the sexual assault against Penny. LE told Penny they had an idea of who assaulted her and then showed her nine pictures, one of which was Avery. She picked him out in the pictures. Then they had a line up with Avery in it, and she again picked him out. Only problem is, Avery was the only one in the pictures AND in the line up and since Penny believed the police knew who it was, she figured this was why he was in both. This is a very misleading way to have a victim ID someone and should not have been allowed. There were 14 people that were able to verify his alibi for his whereabouts that day, but the jury went with the victim's ID over all the other evidence that showed he was not guilty. LE was not blameless in Avery's conviction, which is why he is suing them for $36 million and actually has a very good case. While I agree this guy is not what you might call a model citizen, it is frightening to see how LE doesn't always follow the rules and the ramifications it can have.

Steve's brother Chuck....getting his DNA extracted....hmmm....

I wonder what the kind of relationship Steve has with his brothers....and if they have their sites set on getting a cut of the $36 million if it is ever awarded to Steve?????

Human remains found at salvage yard

Posted November 9, 2005

Human remains have been found at a salvage yard where investigators have been searching for a missing Calumet County woman.

Authorities are not certain if the remains are those of Teresa Halbach, 25, Calumet County Sheriff Jerry Pagel said at a press conference Wednesday afternoon.

Earlier in the day, Steven Avery, whose family owns the salvage yard, was arrested on a weapons charge.

Avery’s attorney, Walt Kelly, told The Associated Press he did not think the weapon was related to the disappearance of Teresa Halbach, 25, whose sport utility vehicle was found Saturday at the salvage yard near Mishicot.

A criminal complaint filed in Manitowoc County accuses him of possession of a firearm by a felon.

Avery, 43, Mishicot, spent 18 years in prison on a sexual assault charge. He was released in 2003 after DNA evidence exonerated him.

The complaint, filed by a state Division of Criminal Investigation agent, stems from a search of Avery’s home Sunday at 12932 Avery Road, Two Rivers, according to Jeffrey Froehlich, an assistant district attorney for Calumet County.

The complaint said officers searching Avery’s home found a .22-caliber semiautomatic rifle and a .50-caliber blackpowder muzzleloader.

http://www.sheboygan-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051109/SHE0101/311090001

Human remains found :eek: .

The plot thickens....someting rong here.....

Steve Avery would not be that stupid would he.....:waitasec: ?

lessabeth said:
Steven has been taken to jail and Charles has been taken to a hospital for a DNA sample.

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/news/politics/13123865.htm

Well, if he ends up being arrested for murder it will be because DNA proved that it was him. When he was arrested before there was no such thing as DNA testing but it is different today. He can scream "setup" all he wants but the DNA will prove who murdered Teresa. It sounds like LE has found plenty of evidence. Between the 3 brothers it is a toss up as to which one will be arrested for the murder.

joanofarc said:
Human remains found :eek: .

The plot thickens....someting rong here.....

Steve Avery would not be that stupid would he.....:waitasec: ?

You sure wouldn't think that he would be that stupid. I wonder if one of the brothers was that stupid and knew that the first person LE would look at would be brother Steve? Maybe his brother was setting him up. DNA will tell the tale though. It's hard to believe that a person would murder another person and leave their car on their property...evidence in the car...body on their property. Someone wasn't very bright...unless they figured the police wouldn't look at them but instead would look at a person who had been in prison for rape. We should know soon.

Poor little Teresa was just out doing her job. She probably didn't think a thing of being at the salvage yard alone as she had been there many times before.
She sounds like such a great person. I feel so bad for her family and the pain they have to learn to live with. A person isn't safe anywhere anymore.

I was talking to a co-worker today who lives 20 miles from where this happened. He said the whole area was blocked off and the LE was treating it as a major crime scene. He has lived in that area most of his life and said the Avery family has always been "odd" and subject to rumors and gossip.....

At first I didn't think Avery would be that stupid to do anything and his lawsuit against Manitowoc County had something to do with it. I was not aware of his background or previous arrests and now I'm not so sure. But there is a lot of rumors, gossip and innuendoes flying around there.

Calling off the search says volumes to me.....

Lady GL said:
I was talking to a co-worker today who lives 20 miles from where this happened. He said the whole area was blocked off and the LE was treating it as a major crime scene. He has lived in that area most of his life and said the Avery family has always been "odd" and subject to rumors and gossip.....

At first I didn't think Avery would be that stupid to do anything and his lawsuit against Manitowoc County had something to do with it. I was not aware of his background or previous arrests and now I'm not so sure. But there is a lot of rumors, gossip and innuendoes flying around there.

Calling off the search says volumes to me.....

I did not hear that the search had been called off.

I just don't believe Steven had anything to do with this. It just doesn't make any sense. He was in prison for 18 years. IF he HAD done anything, I would think he would have made darn sure that her car was NOT found on her property, and he also would have made sure that his house/trailer was clean. (I am thinking he would have given his guns to another family member for "safe-keeping.")

Just how open was this property? Because IF I lived anywhere near there and I committed a heinous crime, I would likely park the car there, dispose the body there, etc., just knowing the history SA has with local police.

Another question I have that has not been answered in any media report that I have read or seen: Was the appointment at the Avery property Teresa's LAST appointment that day? I keep reading that it was one of three appointments she kept, but no further details. I would think that if it had been her last appointment that day, the media would have been all over that immediately. Instead they only say it was one of three.... So, was it her last appointment, or did she go elsewhere after the Avery appt., yet her car ended up back at the property?

concernedperson said:
I believe he had a lot to do with this. Even if he is stupid.

I agree.. He has a history of violence against women.. Leopards don't change their spots.

I know people who know the AVery family also and I have been told they are very weird...

lessabeth said:

I just don't believe Steven had anything to do with this. It just doesn't make any sense. He was in prison for 18 years. IF he HAD done anything, I would think he would have made darn sure that her car was NOT found on her property, and he also would have made sure that his house/trailer was clean. (I am thinking he would have given his guns to another family member for "safe-keeping.")

Just how open was this property? Because IF I lived anywhere near there and I committed a heinous crime, I would likely park the car there, dispose the body there, etc., just knowing the history SA has with local police.

Another question I have that has not been answered in any media report that I have read or seen: Was the appointment at the Avery property Teresa's LAST appointment that day? I keep reading that it was one of three appointments she kept, but no further details. I would think that if it had been her last appointment that day, the media would have been all over that immediately. Instead they only say it was one of three.... So, was it her last appointment, or did she go elsewhere after the Avery appt., yet her car ended up back at the property?
Yeah, I'm kind of thinking that IF it wasn't her last appointment and something happened to her at her next appointment or even after leaving the Avery property, that she might have had some sort of documentation in her car (like an appt book) that would make it easy for someone else to know where she'd been. If this person was also familiar with the Avery's (and it sounds like most people in the area are), then it would be the perfect place to ditch her and the car. I wish we could find out whether there is verification that she made it to any other appointments after being at the Avery's.

concernedperson said:
I believe he had a lot to do with this. Even if he is stupid.

I think so too, after all his other crimes were stupid and reckless in the sense that he'd be caught, reported, etc.. He had to know they would search his home so why didn't he remove the guns? Even if he had nothing to do with Teresa's disappearance the smart thing to do would be to move the guns maybe to a relative's house or how about just not having them?

joanofarc said:
Steve's brother Chuck....getting his DNA extracted....hmmm....
Today, again according to NBC 26 out of Green Bay, EIGHT of the Averys had DNA and fingerprints taken, including the three Avery brothers, the mother, a sister-in-law, and two nephews. Can't remember the last one.

Also, one of the nephews, a 19 years old hs grad who works in a local factory, was *heavily* questioned by LE.

SA's mother claims the guns weren't his and were taken from another family member's house.

Hoppy

Wow! I missed alot today! Have to go and catch up on everything. Aint looking to good for Steve, but is it because he did it or is it someone else. That is the question.

They wont even say if the remains are hers yet?

lessabeth said:
Sorry, I meant volunteer searching was called off, the LE is still combing every inch of that junkyard.

Some of these articles are repeats. The news did not say they found remains..they found significant clues that are human...blood, saliva, palm prints.

They said yesterday they did not need any volunteers (I called). I believe they have close to 150 LE doing searches. Saw they have a camper roped off that is in the salvage yard.

The brother of Teresa said he knows with what they found it is not good, but are still praying for a good outcome.

According to the local news this a.m. they took DNA from 2 brothers of Steve's and his sisters and 2 nephews..oh, and his mom and dad.

I saw personally what is roped off..yes, I live in the area

Another news conference is scheduled for today.

1000Sparks said:
They said yesterday they did not need any volunteers (I called). I believe they have close to 150 LE doing searches. Saw they have a camper roped off that is in the salvage yard..

Last night on the news or in the paper, I can't remember, it said LE is STILL requesting volunteers for searches... So somewhere, wires are crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader