WI - Teresa Marie Halbach, 25, Manitowoc, 31 Oct 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've learned that you can't look for logic or intelligence in an obviously deranged, demented or sick human being. They aren't operating on the same terms as the rest of us. It works both ways, on one hand you have those that noone ever suspects or thought capable and on the other there are the ones that make your skin crawl so there's no surprise. LE often makes the assertion about certain type criminals not being smart, thank God. I read a statement made by a prosecutor in which he points out that a criminal often thinks they are smarter and never realizes that the DA's and LE do this every day of their lives and so this is their area of expertise, crime.

The main thing that is keeping the set up possibility in my mind is the money. Perhaps he said he would not share it with his family so his family decided to get him back in jail.

The other main possibility is he had a crush on her and just snapped.

Usher737 said:
The main thing that is keeping the set up possibility in my mind is the money. Perhaps he said he would not share it with his family so his family decided to get him back in jail.

The other main possibility is he had a crush on her and just snapped.

I don't think this is a set up in any way, shape or form. For that to have happened poor ole Steve had to be away from home for a long time. Long enough for 'somebody else' to attack her, hide her vehicle and try to make it look like it had been there a long time, destroy her body and try to burn it, put her keys in his bedroom, and plant other evidence. Whoever tried to hide her vehicle also had her keys. Likely there will be fingerprints. Blood all over the place and poor ole Steve never noticed a thing? Weird fire in the burn barrel/incincerator or whatever that a normal person would notice. EARLY on did STEVE say she came and took the photo? Because if STEVE was there when she took the photo... then Steve is not being framed. No way, no how.

We don't know all the details yet but if Steve was working in the junkyard that day then he is the man. I can't buy into his family killing an innocent woman in such a brutal fashion to set this loon up. Just because he filed a lawsuit doesn't mean a guarantee of $! Just don't think this is a setup. What's he going to say? "Yeah, I hid her vehicle but I never hurt her." Steve's living in a shack, his fiance is in jail, he lives and works in the junkyard... I firmly believe that most crimes are 'crimes of opportunity' and if no one else was around when Therese came to take the photo, what the heck happened that day? Poor woman.

Avery, who spoke freely with police and reporters, said she photographed a van he was selling, collected the fee and left.

Teresa's brother said she had a cell call about 2:00 that same day and nothing since. I can't believe she left that junkyard and was attacked by someone else who then brings her SUV back there, disposes of the body there, puts the keys in Steve's bedroom. No way. Somebody had some time to spend in committing this crime. From the details now coming out this took one person several hours OR he had help. I am interested in finding out what alibis the rest of the family has for that day.

Katie Poirer (I can't recall the exact spelling) was kidnapped from a convenience store here in Minnesota. The monster took her to his hunting cabin and spent all night 'trying' to get rid of evidence. Fragments were found that he had tried to burn as well. Where the hell do these people come from? What is in a man's soul that allows him to do such a thing? That freak's name is Donald Blom.

It makes me sick to think that people like this share the same public restroom we do, eat at the same McDonalds... our children pass them on the streets daily... What makes these kinds of people tick... what makes them do these horrible things to other people...

My prayers go out to her family as well as all missing/murdered families!

Alwayshope :(

AlwaysHope said:
It makes me sick to think that people like this share the same public restroom we do, eat at the same McDonalds... our children pass them on the streets daily... What makes these kinds of people tick... what makes them do these horrible things to other people...

My prayers go out to her family as well as all missing/murdered families!

Alwayshope :(
well said...this is just so heartbreaking. Disgusting.

Thoughts and prayers to her family and loved ones. R.I.P. Teresa Marie

So what is his defense going to be...."Well, I was wrongfully jailed when I was factually innocent, officer"....so you know the SYSTEM drove me to do this :doh: .

My only regret is that he was ever let out of jail in the first place....seems he was a "ticking time bomb" ready to go off way back when he pulled the gun on the deputy's wife..........

AlwaysHope said:
I am in Oshkosh... This just seems so unreal... you just don't think things like this happen here... But, clearly they do...

Hey guys! I'm in Sheboygan! Howdy neighbors!

Hey everyone, I'm in Madison here. I've been watching this case really closely. I almost wretched when the Sheriff said he found her car key in SA's bedroom. Although it does seem too convenient, some criminals are just not adept at hiding evidence. I was checking CCAP for some members of this family and WOW, man, these people are dangerous. All 3 brothers have been at LEAST accused of some sort of sexual assault, and their criminal histories go wayyyy back. I have some friends in LE here in Madison... I'm going to do some digging, see what I can come up with. Any idea when the next press conference will be? Sheila

mssheila said:
Hey everyone, I'm in Madison here. I've been watching this case really closely. I almost wretched when the Sheriff said he found her car key in SA's bedroom. Although it does seem too convenient, some criminals are just not adept at hiding evidence. I was checking CCAP for some members of this family and WOW, man, these people are dangerous. All 3 brothers have been at LEAST accused of some sort of sexual assault, and their criminal histories go wayyyy back. I have some friends in LE here in Madison... I'm going to do some digging, see what I can come up with. Any idea when the next press conference will be? Sheila

Dysfunctional families usually follow a path.lnteresting what you have posted. Keep on sleuthing there is more to know.

joanofarc said:
So what is his defense going to be...."Well, I was wrongfully jailed when I was factually innocent, officer"....so you know the SYSTEM drove me to do this :doh: .

My only regret is that he was ever let out of jail in the first place....seems he was a "ticking time bomb" ready to go off way back when he pulled the gun on the deputy's wife..........
Joan, seems he was a "ticking time bomb" long before even the deputy's wife incident...specifically when he poured gas/oil on a cat and threw it in a bonfire.

Also, wonder if Avery was exonerated of sexual assault based on DNA evidence (or lack thereof), but perhaps was part of that crime without LE being able to find his DNA. Maybe he "just" watched.

Bunch-a-Sickos.

Researcher said:
Joan, seems he was a "ticking time bomb" long before even the deputy's wife incident...specifically when he poured gas/oil on a cat and threw it in a bonfire.

Also, wonder if Avery was exonerated of sexual assault based on DNA evidence (or lack thereof), but perhaps was part of that crime without LE being able to find his DNA. Maybe he "just" watched.

Bunch-a-Sickos.

From my experience this is a good thought.

I believe the crime was a one-man assault on a woman - and she didn't say anyone else was watching or present. Plus, according to the Innocence Project, he had multiple people see him in another location on that day - at least 30 miles away when the crime occurred. (Of course, now knowing the type of people who may have given alibis... his family isn't real upstanding either)

The DNA was matched to another man who did multiple sexual assaults on women and was in prison for it. He looked similar to Avery.

However, it's obvious that he was not squeaky clean prior to his wrongful conviction. He was already a felon then. Still - don't look past other family members.

**And - I think this is fascinating - Steven said the guns belonged to the man who he rented the trailer from, but his brother Charlie said nobody was aware that he couldn't own guns, and that he went hunting all the time. Gee, which sounds more plausible??

mssheila said:
Press conference tomorrow (Friday) at 1:30 p.m. Will be carried live on (at least) NBC 26 out of Green Bay.

Hoppy

mssheila said:
I was checking CCAP for some members of this family and WOW, man, these people are dangerous. All 3 brothers have been at LEAST accused of some sort of sexual assault, and their criminal histories go wayyyy back. I have some friends in LE here in Madison... I'm going to do some digging, see what I can come up with.
In the past Earl Avery was charged with 3rd degree sexual assault against a child and pled guilty to a lesser charge, and in the past Chuck Avery was charged with 3rd degree sexual assault including the use of force and pled no contest.

Hoppy

Ang50 said:
**And - I think this is fascinating - Steven said the guns belonged to the man who he rented the trailer from, but his brother Charlie said nobody was aware that he couldn't own guns, and that he went hunting all the time. Gee, which sounds more plausible??

I think it places suspicion on Charles.

I will admit it if I am wrong, but I still don't think Steven did this.

hoppyfrog said:
In the past Earl Avery was charged with 3rd degree sexual assault against a child and pled guilty to a lesser charge, and in the past Chuck Avery was charged with 3rd degree sexual assault including the use of force and pled no contest.

Hoppy

Earl was charged with first degree sexual assault against a child, and he pled no contest to battery and fourth degree sexual assault.

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetail...FEF1FF24A84867C1D74DD&recordCount=15&offset=9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia