WI WI - Timothy Mumbrue, 35, & Tanna Togstad, 23, Weyauwega, 21 March 1992

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if they was able to match it with any other unsolved murder cases??

There is a chance the person died or was killed sometime after the murders that has prevented them from being detected.

No matches, anywhere, so far. It's possible the person is now dead.

Some background: Gouker's former employer had changed his name from Lloyd Repinski, Jr. to his current name. According to the Wisconsin State Journal 24 Feb 1978 page 4: Also indicted on firearms charges Thursday was Laine R. Shields, also known as Lloyd R. Repinski, Jr., 34, Amherst, who was accused of making false statements to acquire a firearm.

Shields said he had no felony record when he bought a .38 caliber revolver from a Stevens Point store in 1976, when in fact, he had been convicted of aggravated battery.

The results of the federal grand jury indictment was why the authorities won't give his weapons back that were confiscated in the April 11, 2013 search.

Actually, Laine was pardoned in the early to mid eighties for the felony, so he can currently legally own firearms. Not sure why he hasn't gotten them back yet though.

If you check archived Wisconsin newspaper records for Portage County, WI, you'll find numerous articles of a long-standing family feud between Lloyd Repinski, Delroy Repinski and David R. Repinski, their brother. This feud ranged from killing dogs, stealing property from each other, putting nails in driveways and even stealing a van from one brother, taking out the engine and transmission and then placing the van body on the railroad tracks where it was hit by a train and even an incident where David sprayed Mace in the face of a person delivering goods to his father's tavern. The last incident was when Lloyd and Delroy Repinski attacked their brother David with clubs and chains and beat him so badly that he was hospitalized.

This is where the original felony charge came about.

This is some pretty serious stuff. Wisconsin Circuit Court Access lists other crimes that didn't come out in the news. I've documented all the above with the sources and more. The owner of B Bar 10 states in one of his 2013 online interviews that he's been owner of B Bar 10 for 41 years. That would be 1972. A Stevens Point Journal article from August 30, 1972 states that Lloyd Repinski, James E. Brunner and Ruby F. Brunner opened B Bar 10 in 1972. Repinski was born in 1944. Shields was born in 1943. So, if Shields took over Repinski's identity, where is Repinski? Is he another missing person? They can't be the same person since they have different birth dates, so how can Shields assume Repinski's identity and claim he opened B Bar 10 when a news article states Lloyd Repinski opened it?

There is a discrepancy on his birth certificate. Some error in records. Lloyd Repinski and Laine R Shields are the same person.

Here are some videos of interviews, etc. Much of the content has already been posted in this thread:
http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/DCI-Handling-Investigation-at-Amherst-Business-232556481.html

What I find most amusing, is his business/home was raided, but the authorities told the public and press NOTHING other than that they were executing a search warrant, and he goes to the media and says "well its because I DIDN'T do this murder years ago". Gee, that looks great to potential customers etc. Instead of having lots of random assumptions, you automatically skew the public's perception of you by volunteering information..

Check out this news snippet:

<MODSNIP>

There HAS to be someone out there that knows more about these crimes (and probably several others) I hope this thread gets more exposure.

I wonder if the Brunner's are still around/alive? Maybe they'd have some input on the cases and or Laine/Lloyd's history.

WSAU news station has an interview with the owner of the B Bar 10. The owner states in the interview that the fifth murder victim he was accused of killing was his former sister-in-law. Her name was Bonnie Marie Repinski, born 7 Mar 1942, wife of David R. Ripinski. They lived in Appleton, Winnebago County, WI. She has been missing since 1975.

If she is the "fifth" murder victim, and Tim & Tanna are the 1st & 2nd, who are the other 2?

If she is the "fifth" murder victim, and Tim & Tanna are the 1st & 2nd, who are the other 2?

That's what I'd like to know. According to the Shields interview, "He, (Gouker), said I killed two people in 1990 and buried them on my property in Tomahawk. (Actually Tripoli, WI?) There's only one problem. In 1990 I didn't even own the property, The property was searched in April, 2013. They went in and searched from one end to the other. They found nothing. They were looking for two unidentified bodies and they were looking for blue tarpaulin with string on them and they had a complete description on a warrant I found two weeks later that they slid between the doors. If they found any body or body parts they were supposed to arrest the owner of the property within 48 hours and everything was supposed to be taken to the Waupaca Sheriff's Department.

The first two were bodies found on a farm in Weyauwega. The third and fourth supposedly buried on my property west of Tomahawk. The fifth one was a sister-in-law that had been missing since 1975. That was the fifth person."

Now that's a lot of info in that interview. Since Shields or LE won't publicize the warrant, we can only know what Shields revealed.

The only two people I've heard of gone missing in those parts were Marie and her son, Theodore Jost, who just happened to live up the road from the B Bar in Amherst. Of course, Ronald Disher, who told two people while in jail, that she was dead, might know more about that.

http://wifc.com/news/articles/2014/feb/17/charles-jost-to-remain-in-stevens-point-not-mental-institution/

Actually, Laine was pardoned in the early to mid eighties for the felony, so he can currently legally own firearms. Not sure why he hasn't gotten them back yet though.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the input. Just guessing, but I'm assuming that weapons seized in a raid/warrant or suspected to have been used in a crime are tested to see if they've been used in a past crime. if so, that could take awhile.

What I find most amusing, is his business/home was raided, but the authorities told the public and press NOTHING other than that they were executing a search warrant, and he goes to the media and says "well its because I DIDN'T do this murder years ago". Gee, that looks great to potential customers etc. Instead of having lots of random assumptions, you automatically skew the public's perception of you by volunteering information..
It is possible he wasn't involved in the Togstad & Mumbrue murders. Gouker stated he had driven his previous employer to the Weyauwega, Wisconsin farmhouse and waited outside in the vehicle while Shields went in and murdered Togstad and Mumbrue. One of the victims sisters said she saw a pickup with a cab back out of the driveway and drive west about 4 AM that morning. DNA found on one of the victims did not match either Gouker or Shields, so who was the third person if Gouker only drove Shields? Gouker shouldn't have any problem identifying that third person since he'll be in prison for life for the Oklahoma murder, kidnapping and rape. Why would he finger his previous employer? Who's he protecting?

I did notice that his family is highly protective of each other. When he was arrested in Oklahoma for the Oklahoma crimes he called his mother and said, 'Mama get an attorney." He said, "He (Ethan Walton) came back to rob me." He said, "Get Michelle out of here. She had nothing to do with this," Penny Veitenheimer said.

Here, Goukers wife/sister Michele had just lured the victim's girlfriend back to where Gouker had greviously wounded the victim and then watched as Gouker raped the girlfriend on the spot and later guarded the girlfriend while tied to the bed.

His mother then tells the newspapers her son acted in self-defense.

The mother of a man accused of murdering and stuffing another man into a container is speaking out for her son, saying his actions were in self-defense.

"It was done yesterday morning. The family knew that Ethan (the victim) had agreed to a price Glendon offered him and paperwork was done and signed yesterday morning", said Penny Veitenheimer, Glendon Gouker's mother.

Veitenheimer said she believes her son and stepdaughter Michelle Gouker fought back after a home invasion by Walton and his girlfriend and likely got scared when Walton died.

<modsnip>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/okemah-ok/TGBASKN30HGO9PPMP

There HAS to be someone out there that knows more about these crimes (and probably several others) I hope this thread gets more exposure.

I wonder if the Brunner's are still around/alive? Maybe they'd have some input on the cases and or Laine/Lloyd's history.

Waupaca County Sheriff Brad Hardel: &#8220;We&#8217;re now looking to the community for tips to help us identify a match to the DNA left at the crime scene.&#8221;

Neither Hardel nor the Department of Justice elaborated on how Gouker was linked to the homicides in the Weyauwega area.

But they think there are people in the Waupaca area with information about the deaths of Mumbrue and Togstad who could help the investigation.

Gouker still has family still living in the area. I'm sure he also made friends when he/his family lived/worked in the Amherst, Montello, Iola, Wisconsin Rapids, Westfield, Iron Ridge, Coloma, Lodi, WI areas.

As far as Laine's former business partners, I think Mrs. Brunner died in 2002 in CT. Don't know about her husband.

One of the victim's sisters said she saw a pickup with a cab back out of the driveway and drive west about 4 AM that morning.

I incorrectly wrote "cab" above when it should have been "cap" below.

"We are looking for information about anybody who may have had a relationship with Tanna," Conat said. Authorities strongly believe the murderer knew Togstad. "There is no doubt that he was fixated on her," Conat said. Togstad, 23, and Mumbrue, 34, were murdered sometime early March 21, authorities say.

Tanna's sister, Veronica, who lived in a mobile home next door, saw a small pickup truck with a cap back out of the driveway about 4 a.m. March 21 and head west on Butternut Ridge Road, just north of Weyauwega.
Mumbrue was stabbed repeatedly and his throat was slashed.

http://www.postcrescent.com/ic/asset...WithMurder.swf

IIRC Laine or Glendon had a small 1/4 ton truck with a cap/topper in that time period.

Laine/Lloyd Shields, from what I've heard, has not officially been cleared from the Tanna Togstad/Timothy Mumbrue case at this time. I would imagine DNA tests are pending and the DOJ has not released what, if anything, was found at Laine's residence.

Penny, Glendon, & family are very tight knit. I knew them and spent time with them as a child in the early 90's.

IIRC Laine or Glendon had a small 1/4 ton truck with a cap/topper in that time period.

Laine/Lloyd Shields, from what I've heard, has not officially been cleared from the Tanna Togstad/Timothy Mumbrue case at this time. I would imagine DNA tests are pending and the DOJ has not released what, if anything, was found at Laine's residence.

Penny, Glendon, & family are very tight knit. I knew them and spent time with them as a child in the early 90's.

I would think the DOJ probably has a list of every vehicle from the DOT any suspect has ever owned. Since Gouker said he did the driving, I'd assume the truck with the cap was his. I also thought it interesting that when Gouker told his victim in the 1990 Iola rape he stated that his "employer" paid him to do the rape, some assume it was Shields he referred to. His family's business was cutting wood for firewood (Flying G). Maybe he had another employer in that time period? In one of the interviews, Shields referred to Gouker claiming he (Gouker) also drove him (Shields) to the Iola rape and that Shields pointed out the girl to Gouker. That seemed a bit far-fetched because if you read the online police complaint in the Iola rape, Gouker was already at the residence where he had just been kicked out by his roommate for not paying rent and Gouker was there slashing his roommate's tires.

03 May 1957 Bonnie Marie Newby, daughter of Mrs. John Stranan, Kimberly, WI, & David R. Repinski, son of Mr. & Mrs. Lloyd Repinski, 134 Warner St., Stevens Point, WI, married AOG Tabernacle.

I've done a timeline of this case and the above excerpt from my timeline shows the marriage of Bonnie Repinski & David Repinski. As you probably know, she disappeared in August, 1975, I believe. Did you hear anything about the circumstances surrounding that case? I think she was legally declared dead, probably 6-7 years later and her death was post-dated back to 1975. I have other info from my timeline that might show someone else involved in that disappearance.

Also, does Delroy R. Repinski, Lloyd's brother, still live down in Crystal Lake, IL with Debra? I thought I'd read somewhere that Lloyd still goes down there to visit him. I think I have an old newspaper article that refers to Delroy coming up here to a Silver Anniversary party for a family friend.

I've done a timeline of this case and the above excerpt from my timeline shows the marriage of Bonnie Repinski & David Repinski. As you probably know, she disappeared in August, 1975, I believe. Did you hear anything about the circumstances surrounding that case? I think she was legally declared dead, probably 6-7 years later and her death was post-dated back to 1975. I have other info from my timeline that might show someone else involved in that disappearance.

Also, does Delroy R. Repinski, Lloyd's brother, still live down in Crystal Lake, IL with Debra? I thought I'd read somewhere that Lloyd still goes down there to visit him. I think I have an old newspaper article that refers to Delroy coming up here to a Silver Anniversary party for a family friend.

I've heard that she was "buried under a highway project".. but this is 3rd hand information.

Last I knew, Delroy lived in Steven's Point, WI with his wife, you might have to do some public records searching, as "last I knew" was 10-12 years ago. I know he visited the BBar10 on occasion, I spoke with him a few times.

I've heard that she was "buried under a highway project".. but this is 3rd hand information.

Last I knew, Delroy lived in Steven's Point, WI with his wife, you might have to do some public records searching, as "last I knew" was 10-12 years ago. I know he visited the BBar10 on occasion, I spoke with him a few times.

Authorities already checked a farm along Highway 29 in Shawano County for signs of Amber (Wilde) back in 2001.

The Green Bay Press-Gazzette says a former boyfriend, thought to be the father of her unborn child, had ties to one of the crews doing work on Highway 29.

Searchers are conducting their work along Highway 29, about eight miles east of Wittenberg.

http://projectjason.org/forums/topic/1344-missing-woman-amber-wilde-wi-09231998/

That 3rd-hand info might be referring to Amber Wilde, IMHO. Interesting on that case is that it involved an auto accident beforehand. Possibly a ruse to get Wilde's address and then go wait there until she got home? Maybe the other driver had no clear opportunity to snatch her at the accident scene?

This Delroy could be a son or another relation, then. An online search showed a Delroy R. Repinski, Jr. and the other showed a Delroy R Repinski DOB 1966 Residence Date: 15 Nov 2007 Residence Place: Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States. The Delroy in question was born in 1935.

In online Wisconsin newspaper archive searching I found a common occurrence involving the same people over and over again in a span of 20 years. These are just the ones that I could find and only in the certain newspapers that are online.

Some might call them sheer coincidences, some might call them mighty unlucky, and some might call them something else. The observer can draw their own conclusions. These occurrences suddenly ended in 1975, the year that Bonnie Marie Repinski nee Newby disappeared. (that, or the newspapers stopped archiving those type of occurrences sometime in August of 1975...or, I'm blind and missed the other ones)

I'll copy and paste them from off of my timeline tomorrow.

Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Actually, after reading the forum rules (quoted above) I may not be able to list those occurrences. Darn, that's a hard row to hoe. I wonder if a group of people involved in a criminal enterprise leading up to a disappearance is allowable and would fall under the last sentence of the quote above? I suppose I'll put the question to a moderator.

It'd definitely be the older Delroy, this one: http://www.whitepages.com/name/Delroy-Repinski/Wisconsin
Looks like he is still in Steven's Point.
The whole family has issues, from Lloyds father, to issues between Lloyd and David, etc etc.

Lloyd Repinski claims to have been subpoenaed to a grand jury investigation over a murder that happened in a trailer park by Hwy 66 (Steven's Point area), supposedly because the gun used in the crime was registered to him.
Can you find anything on Francine Florette and her boyfriend being murdered? Peter Gasalski is the person who was eventually convicted in the end.. (not 100% sure on spelling) But it is still fishy.

It'd definitely be the older Delroy, this one: http://www.whitepages.com/name/Delroy-Repinski/Wisconsin
Looks like he is still in Steven's Point.
The whole family has issues, from Lloyds father, to issues between Lloyd and David, etc etc.

Lloyd Repinski claims to have been subpoenaed to a grand jury investigation over a murder that happened in a trailer park by Hwy 66 (Steven's Point area), supposedly because the gun used in the crime was registered to him.
Can you find anything on Francine Florette and her boyfriend being murdered? Peter Gasalski is the person who was eventually convicted in the end.. (not 100% sure on spelling) But it is still fishy.

United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit. Argued April 18, 1989.

http://openjurist.org/891/f2d/629/galowski-v-murphy

United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit. Argued April 18, 1989.

http://openjurist.org/891/f2d/629/galowski-v-murphy

The defense produced Ray Stewart, a friend of Mr. Dethardt's, who testified that he was with the decedent a week and a half before the murders. Stewart testified to conversing with Mr. Dethardt, who stated that he knew he was going to be killed because he was involved in a gun transaction and had "ripped a guy off" for $1000.

I wonder who the gun transaction guy was?

The defense produced Ray Stewart, a friend of Mr. Dethardt's, who testified that he was with the decedent a week and a half before the murders. Stewart testified to conversing with Mr. Dethardt, who stated that he knew he was going to be killed because he was involved in a gun transaction and had "ripped a guy off" for $1000.

I wonder who the gun transaction guy was?

One question was, were you convicted or have you been convicted of a felony, and [the petitioner] answered no to that, when in fact [he] had been. [Mr. Galowski was] on probation for a felony conviction of burglary in Illinois. And because of the circumstances, the lie that [he] told on the form to get the gun, and the rightfulness of the cross examination of any prosecutor to ask [him] whether that was true or not true, and indeed, [wasn't he] a convicted felon at the time [he] purchased this gun, and on and on and on, the adverse inference was that [he] lied to buy a gun, and that therefore, the jury would link up [his] lying over who had done the murders, and would probably not believe [his] alibi defense.

I wonder "where" in Illinois?

Testimony from that trial for that double murder shows that the weapon was a .38 cal. purchased at Hunter's Corner. The weapon was never recovered and the murder suspect (Peter Galowski) stated he had sold the weapon to an unknown individual on the public square. A September 7, 1993, Madison State Journal, Wisconsin news article does show that Galowski did confess to the murder 16 years later and did an interview in prison with Portage County detectives and also shows that The Stevens Point Journal, through an Open Records Law request, obtained that 57 page, 2 hour transcript.

What year was that Grand Jury investigation, after or before that interview?

Another question, actually, several questions: Bonnie Marie Repinski disappeared sometime in August, 1975. Shields had stated in the news interview shown in a previous post that he was questioned/accused about that disappearance.

In the third column of page 11 of the August 2, 1976 issue of the Stevens Point Journal (linked below), an article titled, An Early Morning Fire Ruins Amherst House, states, in part, "Shields reportedly had been in Minneapolis during the weekend and he arrived home after the firefighters got there."

The article goes on to show that he told the Portage County Sheriff's Department deputies that the building (the old Frank Buza homestead) had been rented to a tenant who had moved to Stevens Point and that the tenant's belongings were still in the building. The article also states that the building was a two story frame home and was on the same property as the B-Bar-10 store and Shield's residence, a mobile home.

The Nelsonville Fire Department was at the scene and were called to the scene at 3 AM after a neighbor, Mrs. Richard Garski was alerted by a passerby.

http://access.newspaperarchive.com/...76&pey=1976&pf=laine&pl=shields&psb=relavance

A Google Earth map link below shows the property in question and shows the Bar B 10 building with the red and white awning. Next to it, on the left, is the Frontier Restaurant. Notice that the blacktop in front of the restaurant (the brown-roofed building) is darker/newer:

http://maps.google.com/?ll=44.451549,-89.300499&spn=0.001672,0.003074&t=h&z=19

My questions are these: Do you recall being told who the tenant of the building was at that time, whether the tenant was ever located and the cause of fire, since it was unoccupied?

It's my understanding that the restaurant property wasn't searched in 2013 because it now belongs to a different owner and the address of the new building (the restaurant) was different than the address of the B-Bar-10, which was on the 2013 search warrants. The building that burnt down was once located where the newer/darker parking lot is located. It's also my understanding that about 10 years ago, the old parking lot had been replaced with the newer/darker blacktop because the old parking lot surface had been gradually collapsing into the rubble/basement of the old house.

Did you ever hear whether a licensed contractor did the excavation work and whether the basement of the house remained intact or was dug out?

I'm assuming, if the parking lot was collapsing because of the settling rubble, it wasn't refilled properly.

A newspaper advertisement was placed in the Marshfield News-Herald on 29 Aug 2011, page 9a; "For Sale or Lease 40 acres of deer & bear hunting property, Portage & Lincoln County 715-347-6088 Call Laine R. Shields at 715-347-6088 daytime".

Does anyone know exactly where this land is located, whether it was sold and whether it was warrant searched in 2013?

Also, has anyone ever heard the phrase "you'll end up in the swamp like Bonnie" bandied about by anyone in Portage or Waupaca County, WI?

Testimony from that trial for that double murder shows that the weapon was a .38 cal. purchased at Hunter's Corner. The weapon was never recovered and the murder suspect (Peter Galowski) stated he had sold the weapon to an unknown individual on the public square. A September 7, 1993, Madison State Journal, Wisconsin news article does show that Galowski did confess to the murder 16 years later and did an interview in prison with Portage County detectives and also shows that The Stevens Point Journal, through an Open Records Law request, obtained that 57 page, 2 hour transcript.

What year was that Grand Jury investigation, after or before that interview?

Not sure what to tell you there.. He bragged to someone about it at some point, but the year wasn't mentioned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back