Will Casey take the stand?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not on your life.

I can see Sin Sin coming up there though talking all the way to the stand and looking boozed up as usual.

There is no chance whatsoever that she will take the stand. None. Her "version" of events will have to be introduced through other witnesses and physical evidence, if any.

LMAO! :blowkiss:
ABSOLUTELY...
not!
:crazy:

As a last ditch effort, I think JB might put her on the stand. Who knows what a jury will do. Look at the Mary (I can't remember her last name) case. Her attorney stuck her up there with a pair of hooker shoes and look what happened.

As a last ditch effort, I think JB might put her on the stand. Who knows what a jury will do. Look at the Mary (I can't remember her last name) case. Her attorney stuck her up there with a pair of hooker shoes and look what happened.

I just don't think there are prior court cases (that I can think of, anyway) that you can even really compare this case to and try and draw similarities.
The prosecution would eat Casey for LUNCH if she ever got on that stand.

Probably not......but we can dream.....that would be good t.v.!!!

I read his resume. He has appeared in at least four defense cases I read about and has authored and co-authored several books. He has also appeared as a prosecution witness. He does come off as a geeky doorknob but with his credentials, I am not happy about him being part of the defense, that's for sure!

Something very interesting about him though - if he is considered such a great authority then WHY is his lab NOT certified for any police investigations or statements. That speaks volumes to me that he is not as highly regarded as HE thinks he is.............Even university labs are certified many times for police.

He had NO educational background in forensics that I can find. He is a biologist and not even considered an expert by many in the forensics field.
I think they need to stay with him.

The real information in that case which the jury knew because they lived in the town was never presented to protect the little girls. She did not get off because of her testimony, but because of other circumstances.

OMG, Casey taking the stand. What a waste! All they care about is getting Caylee back!

I still can't believe she said that. I seethe with hatred for that woman.

KC won't take the stand until the penalty phase, when she begs for her life.

Of course, she thinks it will never get that far!!!

No way will she step foot near the stand..no way, no how. JMO.

No way would any defense attorney let her take the stand. She'd hang herself as soon as she opened her mouth!

No decent lawyer would let his client take the stand even if they wanted to.

Surely?
I think that depends on the client, Private Eye. I have seen innocent defendants put on the stand. If I was a defense attorney and my client was not only innocent, but also conducted him or herself well on the stand, I'd put him or her on. I do tend to believe that guilty people rarely get put on the stand by comptetent counsel. But, some clients who may be innocent but not too bright, or not well-spoken, are kept off the stand. In my practice, I have family law clients that tell me amazing, compelling stories with passion and emphasis, etc, and then I put them on the stand and they turn into morons. It happens so often it drives me crazy. People get nervous, which I understand, and then they fall apart. As far as casey goes, no way will she take the stand. Oh, I think she would speak well enough, I just think she is guilty as hell and Baez knows it! He'd never do it.

I would "absolutely" LOVE to see KC take the stand......prosecution would rip her a new one if she does. :woohoo: :woohoo:

No decent lawyer would let his client take the stand even if they wanted to.

Surely?

If Casey wants to take the stand, Baez has to let her. Testifying at one's own trial is part of the fundamental right to a defense. Baez can strongly advise her against it, but if she wants to testify and he doesn't let her, that's grounds for an appeal.
I don't know if she'll want to exercise that right, but I really hope so!!

There's no way she would ever take the stand.

She would have to answer for every lie she's told since the beginning.

As much as I would love to see that happen, I know it never will.

:mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery
Back