Will Casey's Age Impact the Outcome Of her Trial and Sentencing?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We're assuming that those pics of her partying and living it up will be admitted into evidence. That's a whole other thread I suppose. The other side might argue that those pictures mean nothing and try to suppress them from the jury to see.

I think the prosecution will be able to get certain pictures in - ones taken during the time she was 'looking for Caylee'. they go towards 'state of mind', but I am not sure if that is what the legal term would be. If she had never made statement about looking for Caylee, the pictures might have been kept out, but she did make those statements and I think the Judge will allow the pictures.

1994 Case in San Antonio, Texas: 14 year old girl murdered a 2 year old girl and her 5 month old brother, she was sentenced to 14 years in state custody in 1995.

I lived in San Antonio when the murders occurred and during the trial. She has been the subject of TV shows, articles, etc.

I guess you just never know what the jury will do.

Oh good point.

But i think a young mother could be extremely sympathetic to a jury. But the minute "Huge Waste" is heard from KC's own mouth..well that takes care of that.

That, and her dragging her baby's body around in the trunk, for a week.

I think the prosecution will be able to get certain pictures in - ones taken during the time she was 'looking for Caylee'. they go towards 'state of mind', but I am not sure if that is what the legal term would be. If she had never made statement about looking for Caylee, the pictures might have been kept out, but she did make those statements and I think the Judge will allow the pictures.

Yes, Casey said she was looking at places she knew Zannie went to. That is her sworn statement to LE. I would think they would have no issues bringing in pictures of her "looking" at the places ( bar ) Zannie went to. Unless Zannie is teeny tiny on the stripper pole, she wasn't at Fusion.:behindbar

Having a long life yet to live, I believe she will have a nice long period of suffering life in prison, and or miss out on so much life that could have been lived should she recieve the DP!

I have no compasion for people like her so either is fitting, cheapest for the tax payers is my only preference.

20 years on death row is way too long! i believe that along with speedy trials we should have speedy executions. Allthough Baez missed the boar for asking for a speedy trial, I don't see why a speedy execution should be denied!

I dont think sentencing her will have anything to do with her age. It will have to do with evidence, and the faster they find Caylees body the more evidence to convict IMO.

I remember the scratches. I thought they were on the outside but my memory isn't what it used to be. Couldn't they get microscopic bits of tissue and dna from all over the interior of the trunk if Caylee struggled to get out?

I hate to even think about this...

You remember correctly.

They'll have to perform some type of miracle with looks to get Casey to look even age 22 or to look soft and innocent by the time of her trial. She looks older than she really is, hard, and with complete coldness in her eyes.

I agree with you. That's how it should be but the jury is incredibly powerful. I have a feeling that JB and his crew are going to give Casey a personality overhaul and present her as a misguided youth. I keep thinking of the movie Chicago. The sleazy lawyer (how appropriate) telling his client to blame it on alcohol.

JB already has her wearing librarian glasses and "office" attire. Can you imagine how she will dress for court? Certainly not like she did when was going to Fusian after she disposed of Caylee. Remember how OJ charmed the jury (the first time)? If she manages to manipulate the jury into thinking that she is a poor innocent girl who has been wronged AND her family is 100% siding with her, she may get a lesser sentence and by the time she gets credit for good behavior and all she'll serve 20 years and still be out in time to make more babies!!!

I dont think it matters now how she dresses for court. yea, I noticed the glasses, too I have NEVER seen her wear glasses before.
But.....if theyre able to show those photos taken at Fusian with her partying hardy, well sure shows a different side than little Ms librarian lol!
Hopefully, they will be able to show them because they were taken during the period when Caylee was "kidnapped", not that she was but you know thats the story:rolleyes:
I dont think she will be able to pull an OJ. Not with the myspace entries, photos, testimony from the friend she stole from, etc.

I can't wait for the Jury to hear about the "snot head" comments. I would think that would do much harm to any mother of any age.

I dont think it matters now how she dresses for court. yea, I noticed the glasses, too I have NEVER seen her wear glasses before.
But.....if theyre able to show those photos taken at Fusian with her partying hardy, well sure shows a different side than little Ms librarian lol!
Hopefully, they will be able to show them because they were taken during the period when Caylee was "kidnapped", not that she was but you know thats the story:rolleyes:
I dont think she will be able to pull an OJ. Not with the myspace entries, photos, testimony from the friend she stole from, etc.
I wondered if she wore the glasses because she expected to be taken into custody at any minute. Are prisoners allowed to wear contacts?

I wondered if she wore the glasses because she expected to be taken into custody at any minute. Are prisoners allowed to wear contacts?

Those were my thoughts too. Probably not because of the extra care required with contacts. Solution and all, oh and I was watching a show about prisoners and one was receiving a conjugal visit and NOTHING with alcohol is allowed inside. Nor anything that can burn at all. (um, the woman’s hand cream and perfume was taken away.)

Oh good point.

But i think a young mother could be extremely sympathetic to a jury. But the minute "Huge Waste" is heard from KC's own mouth..well that takes care of that.

And that she's a self proclaimed "spiteful bitc*."

They'll have to perform some type of miracle with looks to get Casey to look even age 22 or to look soft and innocent by the time of her trial. She looks older than she really is, hard, and with complete coldness in her eyes.

Cold and dead, like the eyes of a shark.

This is so disturbing. Why didn't she get rid of the entire doll and just place it with the body? Why leave the naked doll behind? I remember NG saying that there scratches found on the hood of the trunk. This would aline with the little girl suffering and trying to get out. OMG. The entire time, I've found peace with myself with just the fact that KC drugged the child and she died in her sleep painlessly. If your description is true, we should bring back the guillotine just for her. I HATE HER!!

Wait, wait, don't do this again. LE already put this one to rest. The scratches were on the outside, as if the car was backed up into some bushes.

1994 Case in San Antonio, Texas: 14 year old girl murdered a 2 year old girl and her 5 month old brother, she was sentenced to 14 years in state custody in 1995.

I lived in San Antonio when the murders occurred and during the trial. She has been the subject of TV shows, articles, etc.

I guess you just never know what the jury will do.

I don't know what the circumstances were, but there is a huge difference between a 14 yo and 22 yo. Also a lot has changed in the last 14 years, we're seeing younger defendants with harsher penalties.

I have not read the thread yet, no disrespect, but in a state where they have convicted 13 year olds of first degree, I cannot imagine being 22 is gonna pull much weight...

That, and her dragging her baby's body around in the trunk, for a week.

I have Casey's phrase, from one of the first taped jailhouse conversations with Cindy, playing in my head over and over and over.

Casey feels she was arrested "on a WHIM."

In characterizing the fact that her own daughter is missing and possibly dead as a "WHIM"...she loses any and all sympathy I might have had for her age.

Anything I learned after that just adds to the level of NO influence which Casey's age has for me.

Some things are just so dripping with evil :dervish:that traditional mitigating factors will fail and a search for less used avenues of mercy comes up empty-handed.
This is one of those situations...
jmho

I have Casey's phrase, from one of the first taped jailhouse conversations with Cindy, playing in my head over and over and over.

Casey feels she was arrested "on a WHIM."

In characterizing the fact that her own daughter is missing and possibly dead as a "WHIM"...she loses any and all sympathy I might have had for her age.

Anything I learned after that just adds to the level of NO influence which Casey's age has for me.

Some things are just so dripping with evil :dervish:that traditional mitigating factors will fail and a search for less used avenues of mercy comes up empty-handed.
This is one of those situations...
jmho

:clap::clap::clap: My thought's exactly!:behindbar

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member