Will Drew Peterson get a new trial?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He really is. I was hoping for the max after that!

Is it just me or does it seem like the judge sentenced him right in the middle of the range? IIRC the range was 20-60....

Anyhoo, he's done. He's gonna have a rough life with the other inmates.
While I know he is never going to fess up Stacy's whereabouts, at least I can find some peace in knowing there is only a temporary seperation of Stacy and her family in this life.....

I'm still itching to find out where Drew is gonna do his time.

Is it just me or does it seem like the judge sentenced him right in the middle of the range? IIRC the range was 20-60....

Anyhoo, he's done. He's gonna have a rough life with the other inmates.
While I know he is never going to fess up Stacy's whereabouts, at least I can find some peace in knowing there is only a temporary seperation of Stacy and her family in this life.....

I'm still itching to find out where Drew is gonna do his time.

I'm told Statesville.

How long have we been waiting for this?

He will die in prison where he belongs and we all can hope someday Stacy will be found. I hope Cassandra and Stacy's family are celebrating and hope this is some measure of Peace for them along with the Savio family.

I also wish Peace for the children of Stacy, I hope someday they can find resolution and deal with the knowledge of truth that has to be in their minds even though they have been brainwashed to the hilt IMO.

You've been had DP, may you now begin to rot.

I know it's a long time but I wish it was more. Will he actually serve 38 years or will he be eligible for parole before then? He should never be allowed to walk the street again.

The judge said, “This sentence must be served in its entirety”, so it looks like there's no parole.

The sentence could be reduced on appeal, but by putting the number high, it won't be reduced by much.

Great time for WS to go down, as Drew is getting sentenced. I couldn't get on for 20 min! :panic: lol.

38 years, credit for almost 4 and will be 93 when he's a free man, if he lives that long.

I read the tweets on Drew's 'speech'. He is sick, just trying to further torment the Savio family.

He deserves whatever happens to him in prison. I wonder when and where he is going to be sent.

One of the reporters said he's going to Statesville.

Peterson screams, then gets 38 years for murder

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php?rip_id=<DA4J9VTO3@news.ap.org>&ps=1018

JOLIET, Ill. (AP) — Drew Peterson — the swaggering Chicago-area policeman who gained notoriety after his fourth wife vanished — lost his characteristic cool in court Thursday, screaming out his innocence before a judge sentenced him to 38 years in prison for the murder of a previous wife.

"I did not kill Kathleen!" Peterson shouted, leaning into a courtroom microphone and emphasizing each of the five words...........

His sudden explosion of fury Thursday as he stepped up to address the judge who would sentence him for Savio's 2004 death left spectators gasping. Lead state prosecutor James Glasgow said it exposed the real Drew Peterson — the one more than capable of murder.

"We all got an opportunity to see a psychopath reveal himself in open court," Glasgow told reporters shortly after Thursday's hearing. "That shrill ... screech. ... That's the guy that killed Kathy."................

After starting his statement with the startling scream, Peterson went on for 30 more minutes, continuing in mostly hushed tones, crying and trying to regain his composure at times. His voice quivered and his hands were shaking as he reached for a glass of water.

"I loved Kathy. She was a good mom," he said, tearing up. "She did not deserve to die. But she died in an accident."...............more at link.......

Well I finally got my wish. That the smirk be wiped off his smugly face and lo and behold, it has happened!

Poor widdle Drewster....... still blaming everyone within earshot of his troubles. Sounds as if he has lost his sense of humor.......... LOL LOL LOL.

Hey Drew! Let's not forget the two beautiful lives YOU chose to end and the 4 motherless children left behind from their deaths. Not to mention the extended families and friends of your murdered wives. You want to talk about ruining someones life? Well then, let's talk about the true victims, shall we?

But wait, all is not lost.... you could still have the Win a date with Drew Peterson contest....... I'm betting there would be a lot of fellow prisoners more than happy to be the winner of that contest.

Come on Drew, aren't you the one who always finds some humor in everything? Make us laugh, would ya? Oh, never mind, I already am.

A triumphant day for all victims, survivors & their loved ones!

Let us humbly celebrate this victory, as we renew our faith and restore our strength in order to soldier forward in the war on domestic violence.

God Bless the warriors!

Jim Glasgow's Press Conference:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWVeoAeUuVE&feature=player_embedded"]James Glasgow&#39;s press conference after Drew Peterson&#39;s sentencing - YouTube[/ame]

That's what it feels like to lose ALL HOPE DP. Ha. Just ask Kathleen & Stacy (& Stacy mother, and countless others that you have 'disappeared') Karma's a real ***** isn't she?

I feel so sorry for those children.. and not just the smaller ones.. the older ones too that are irretrievably broken and without mothers. So many lives DP destroyed. 38 years is not nearly enough.. but it's a beginning.

:lol: Stateville didn't want him either! He is now at Pontiac!

Drew Peterson finally got out of jail, but only so he could go to prison.

By Joseph Hosey 5:58 pm

The Will County Sheriff's Department didn't wait long to send Drew Peterson off to start his "life of hardship and abuse."

Less than 24 hours after Peterson spoke those words in court and was sentenced to 38 years in prison, staff at the Will County jail had the disgraced ex-Bolingbrook cop packed up, out the door and on his way to Stateville Correctional Center.

"Drew Peterson's paperwork for his transfer to Stateville was drawn up within a few hours of his return to (jail) after court yesterday," Deputy Chief Brian Fink of the Will County Adult Detention Facility said in a statement Friday.

"The Will County Sheriff's Office transported Mr. Peterson to the (Illinois) Department of Corrections facility at 9:22 this morning without incident," Fink said.

But Stateville apparently did not want Peterson around either, as the same day he arrived he was transferred to Pontiac Correctional Center, confirmed Department of Corrections spokeswoman Stacey Solano.

http://bolingbrook.patch.com/articl...f-to-start-38-year-prison-sentence-at-pontiac

So is there really no video of his outburst in court? All we have is tweets?! :what:
He cried and got upset... I'd LOVE to see that! :tantrum:
I SO wish there was footage of that. I would have paid to have seen that. Just reading about it gave me chills...which honestly does not happen often to me. It's like it finally sunk it he would not get away with it and he lost all control and lashed out. Reminds me of when Bundy lost it at his own hearing and people saw the true evil within.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back