Will ica walk out of court free on thursday?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect she'll walk free on Thursday.

Where she goes is the million dollar question. If she returns to the family home they are going to need a whole lot of counseling. It will take so much time to integrate her back in to society.

But, life goes on ... unfortunately there will be another case/story that will dominate the news and Casey Anthony will be history.

I'm particularly interested in how life will evolve for the Anthony's during the next couple of years.

I hope that she gets the full 4 years.. Even if she gets time served, it won't be for the full 3 years she's been behind bars... The first 1.5 years was time served for the check charges... There's still a chance she could get another 2.5 years. (at least that's what I'm holding onto tonight.. I need something, no matter how unreasonable it might be)

That's my hope as well.

After watching all the shows on HLN, they all think she will be free on Thursday, that will be a sad day indeed!

Judge Perry is not like the jury. I pray that he gives her the max of everything and not concurrent. I would like to see she and JB in there at the same time. I so hope someone gives JP the picture of her shooting the middle finger in court.

How much you wanna bet she shows up to court Thursday with new, hipper clothes and a haircut?

She won't walk out, she will be smuggled out to an undisclosed destination like the criminal she is.

I am sick too. I could understand them voting not guilty on MUrder One. And maybe even, I could see an explanation on their part for MURDER two.

BUT NOT GUILTY EVEN FOR MANSLAUGHTER? HOW could they come to that conclusion?

WHO do they think threw her in that swamp?

I was expecting some kind of conviction - but if she is released Thursday - I am even wondering about this judge?? He didn't even seem to care when he was reading the verdicts :(

I thought the judge could rule on the motion for mistrial and retry this case?

She will be free on Thursday which makes me sick and very sad at the same time. IMHO, this will not be the last we hear of Casey Anthony--just praying there is not another child involved.

Even if she is let free, I hope to God that she isn't able to live a normal life again. There is nothing we can do about her "free" status but we can hope that she can never live a functional, happy life without paying the consequences in peoples reactions to her.

I really have a hard time believing judge perry would allow time served. Why allow a concurrent sentence with her felony charges. He has to realize there is public pressure to show some justice. I hope he sentences her as the law allows. 4 more years!!!

since she has a "family" with JB and team? She can go live with them. And let us know how that works out for ya k? :D

They just said on HLN that the sentence will probably be concurrent, 1 year on each of the four lying charges, time served (3 years), and that she will be freed on Thursday.

I am so sick.

I feel your sickness, BeanE! Ever since the verdict was announced. :sick:

I checked on ICA's check fraud charges and I think it was January 25, 2010 that she would have been sentenced but was let off for 'time served' already.

So, if she is sentenced to the MAX for the lying to the police charges (and I'm PRAYING JP will sentence her to the very maximum on those!), she should get 48 months from January 25, 2010, which would be January 25, 2014.

I 'think' you have to serve 85% of your sentence in FL, which would mean she would be eligible for release 40 months from 1/25/10; or May 25, 2013. Right?

I hope one of the verified lawyers will weigh in on this.

I would expect she'll walk free on Thursday.

Where she goes is the million dollar question. If she returns to the family home they are going to need a whole lot of counseling. It will take so much time to integrate her back in to society.

But, life goes on ... unfortunately there will be another case/story that will dominate the news and Casey Anthony will be history.

I'm particularly interested in how life will evolve for the Anthony's during the next couple of years.

OJ was acquitted 15 years ago, and he's still talked about today. There's been plenty of crime stories since then that were high profile, but people never forgot the name OJ Simpson. The media will bring this case back whenever Casey does something "newsworthy" and just simply because it was a high profile case where the defendant got away with murder, which rarely happens.

I thought the judge could rule on the motion for mistrial and retry this case?

Once the verdict is read, he can only vacate it if they say "guilty" and he believes the case was not proven. He cannot vacate a "not guilty" verdict. And he apparently dismissed all of JB 's many requests for a mistrial before the case went to the jury...nothing can be done now.

OJ was acquitted 15 years ago, and he's still talked about today. There's been plenty of crime stories since then that were high profile, but people never forgot the name OJ Simpson. The media will bring this case back whenever Casey does something "newsworthy" and just simply because it was a high profile case where the defendant got away with murder, which rarely happens.

OJ Simpson was a football legend.

KC has never done anything worthwhile.

I just saw where on NG's show, they are asking the same question as this opening post.

But, why are MSM talking heads failing to recognize that the first year and a half or so the ICA served, went towards her check theft charges? :waitasec:
Or am I wrong?

I so hope she doesn't walk out of there Thursday. Please, please, please HHJP. DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN!!!

OJ Simpson was a football legend.

KC has never done anything worthwhile.

There are a lot of murderers who are remembered years later even though they weren't celebrities prior to their trial. It's hard to be objective about Casey's future notoriety since the verdict was reached today so everyone's talking about it, but I wouldn't be surprised if people still know her name 20 years from now. The verdict shocked the country, in a way not seen since the OJ trial.

Even if she is let free, I hope to God that she isn't able to live a normal life again. There is nothing we can do about her "free" status but we can hope that she can never live a functional, happy life without paying the consequences in peoples reactions to her.

I would LOVE for that to happen.

I Want Casey to Wish she was in Prison instead of being outside Prison Walls.

I hope she never has a happy , normal life ever again.

I hope Karma comes for ten fold just like it did O.J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay