Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

• YES.

Votes: 212 44.0%
  • NO.

Votes: 141 29.3%
  • NOT SURE.

Votes: 129 26.8%

• Total voters
Cool story bro. It's not the dismemberment that I was pointing out, it's the fact that each time the torso was dumped on the mainland, the skull/limbs were brought to Ocean Parkway, the same highway on the barrier island of Jones Beach. Yes I'm sure someone from your town dismembered someone once, but what's your point? The method was the exact same
How do you know that? Peaches was dumped far away from her baby so the two wouldn't be connected in case one of them was found but that's it, what else does that tell you? I don't know how far away the other bodies were thrown, I believe only one other victim had her limbs and skull deposited elsewhere. That doesn't say anything. My point is that, two different people can reach the exact same conclusion when found themselves in a similar situation. The other killer may have thought the same thing the Peaches killer did. Or they may be the same person, there is no way to know with such little information so I honestly do not know how anyone can flat out say this is the work of more serial killers. So far we only have one and that's LISK.

I believe only one other victim had her limbs and skull deposited elsewhere.

That is incorrect. I already explained the way the way the torsos were dumped on mainland and limbs/skulls on Ocean Parkway every time. How do I know that? Those are facts

Not necessarily, I live in a small country and we honestly haven't had a serial killer that we know of. There was this case were a girl was murdered in an apartment by an acquaintance, and he and his friend dismembered the body. They then dumped her in a box in the main city trash dump. They were not serial killers. What I'm trying to say is that, this scenario repeats itself, someone gets murdered, whether accidentally or in a crime of passion, and the killer quickly figures out that it's impossible to transport the body so they turn to dismemberment. So to me that's what happened. Peaches and the Asian male do not fit the rest of the victims so it's safe to assume they were individual cases, individual killings that both perpetrators figured out that dismemberment was the easiest way.
I believe liskers dismembered until they figured our how to camouflage the bodies in burlap and pick 100 pound women.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I have to agree with that. A husband or significant other killed Peaches and the child. Then went on to lead a new life some where that is why she hasn't been reported missing. At the very least if another man father that toddler I think he would have known and reported them missing. If it was a boyfriend or a husband he may have told neighbors if they knew any neighbors they were moving and she went on ahead of him. Or maybe they never got to know thier neighbors enough to question what became of them. That should be ran on one of these crime shows, "If anyone had a female neighbor with a toddler child that suddenly left or was gone in June of 1997 with Peaches Description and explained away by someone else TO PLEASE REPORT IT!"

It struck me while reading this that maybe Peaches had been kidnapped at a much younger age and after she had the baby, who was fathered by the kidnapper, he wanted rid of both of them. Or maybe she tried to escape and he killed both of them.

That is incorrect. I already explained the way the way the torsos were dumped on mainland and limbs/skulls on Ocean Parkway every time. How do I know that? Those are facts
It wasn't EVERY SINGLE ONE, according to this infographic https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/mainmap.jpg?quality=90&strip=all only three victims had their dismembered remains dumped elsewhere. That does not prove a second serial killer. I don't even think the Manorville butcher exists.

I have to agree with that. A husband or significant other killed Peaches and the child. Then went on to lead a new life some where that is why she hasn't been reported missing. At the very least if another man father that toddler I think he would have known and reported them missing. If it was a boyfriend or a husband he may have told neighbors if they knew any neighbors they were moving and she went on ahead of him. Or maybe they never got to know thier neighbors enough to question what became of them. That should be ran on one of these crime shows, "If anyone had a female neighbor with a toddler child that suddenly left or was gone in June of 1997 with Peaches Description and explained away by someone else TO PLEASE REPORT IT!"

It struck me while reading this that maybe Peaches had been kidnapped at a much younger age and after she had the baby, who was fathered by the kidnapper, he wanted rid of both of them. Or maybe she tried to escape and he killed both of them.

Exactly i said it before I will say it again, the match of a missing to the remains is not always the obvious, that is why I submitted Sharaun Cole as a match, kidnapped when she was 12 from Manhattan, NYC.

Here is a perfect example of not the obvious Cali missing from Florida was found in Western NY in a field with a bullet in her head. The unidentified remains had no photo until an artist tried to put a photo together, he was a web sleuther, the moment he saw his drawing he knew it was Cali. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...hing-identify-girl-found-dead-in-ny/22471701/

Yup I agree with you - all of the dismembered victims were deposited in similar places/ways. Extremities on Jones/Gilgo and torsos on mainland. Jmo he Graduated to Placing entire remains on Jones/Gilgo bc he noticed the body parts on Jones/Gilgo had not been discovered like the torsos on the mainland. JMO. Who knows it's highly likely not all are related, but IDK - my gut tells me it's all the same creep.

I've always wondered where Fire Island Leg's torso ended up... as some have mentioned upthread.

I'm hoping LISK will be caught once the unidentified are identified. Once all victims are known then last known contacts can be looked into and maybe one will be the lead.

I'm new to the forum, so go easy on me here. You may get the impression that I have watched wayyyy too much "Criminal Minds"....and you would be right!! Excellent detective work on that one. (Lame? Yeah, I know.)

Anyway, from what I understand about statistics on catching SK's... the heavily publicized ones do eventually get caught. Public knowledge of their crime enhances their adrenaline, so the heightened rush sends them out for more. It's like their "drug".... it's all about the kill. Couple this with their arrogance and it's a recipe for haste, which leads to mistakes and ultimately their capture.

If he is your average Joe or your "next door neighbor" as the profile says... then no one suspects he is torturing woman & mutilating bodies in his spare time. Nor is he walking around holding a sign reading "I'm LISK, call the tip line!"

It also doesn't help that since RD retired, the case has fallen to the wayside, as far as LE goes....(just so we are clear, repeating it...LE! LE! LE!) It's as if TS expects someone to drop by the police station holding 2-3 SK's with a big red bow wrapped around each one of them, saying "Here you go."

Knowing that he is torturing and strangling his victims demonstrates his need for absolute control of the situation and the longer he goes without being caught, unfortunately... that's exactly what he has. (I'm sure he reminds himself of this on a regular basis.)

He's not an opportunistic SK, which makes him less likely to make mistakes. If it was a matter of just "wanting or needing" to kill, he could easily just go pick up a prostitute for less money and little effort. He took his time and was meticulous about every detail to assure he maintained complete power & control over his plan.

What he didn't plan on is SG inadvertently leading LE to his graveyard....but in his mind it worked out in his favor. From his narcissistic perception (as long as he doesn't get caught) he continues to have ALL the power and control. He has practically everyone in the dark about his crimes, 1/2 the world talking about him..trying to figure out who he is...while he kicks back drinking a beer, watching. It's all about HIM, HIM, HIM. He now has a constant feeling of power & control over millions of people, instead of how many....4? 10? 17? (whatever his body count actually is.) We are, in theory, his "narcissistic supply." (Google it...its actually one of the components of NPD.)

And, that's what he wants, right? So why would he go out & risk all that? I believe he will do whatever he has to do to maintain this level of power & control... even if it means laying low for a while or even stopping entirely. He's got too much to lose at this point.

IMO, if you want to draw him out and catch this physcopath... he needs to feel like he is losing that sense of power & control. This will send him into a frenzy and that is where he will make his mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fire Island Jane Doe's legs were discovered in 1996. I think she is considered a LISK victim, isn't she?

Depends on who you ask
Yes.
No, officially only the gilgo 4 are LISK victims and I agree with that assessment. The other victims are too random/disposed off to disorderly to be the work of LISK or other serial killer.
Where is the "official list"?

She is listed here on WS under "LISK Unidentified Victims".
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?570-LISK-Unidentified-Victims

I'm new to the forum, so go easy on me here. You may get the impression that I have watched wayyyy too much "Criminal Minds"....and you would be right!! Excellent detective work on that one. (Lame? Yeah, I know.)

Anyway, from what I understand about statistics on catching SK's... the heavily publicized ones do eventually get caught. Public knowledge of their crime enhances their adrenaline, so the heightened rush sends them out for more. It's like their "drug".... it's all about the kill. Couple this with their arrogance and it's a recipe for haste, which leads to mistakes and ultimately their capture.

If he is your average Joe or your "next door neighbor" as the profile says... then no one suspects he is torturing woman & mutilating bodies in his spare time. Nor is he walking around holding a sign reading "I'm LISK, call the tip line!"

It also doesn't help that since RD retired, the case has fallen to the wayside, as far as LE goes....(just so we are clear, repeating it...LE! LE! LE!) It's as if TS expects someone to drop by the police station holding 2-3 SK's with a big red bow wrapped around each one of them, saying "Here you go."

Knowing that he is torturing and strangling his victims demonstrates his need for absolute control of the situation and the longer he goes without being caught, unfortunately... that's exactly what he has. (I'm sure he reminds himself of this on a regular basis.)

He's not an opportunistic SK, which makes him less likely to make mistakes. If it was a matter of just "wanting or needing" to kill, he could easily just go pick up a prostitute for less money and little effort. He took his time and was meticulous about every detail to assure he maintained complete power & control over his plan.

What he didn't plan on is SG inadvertently leading LE to his graveyard....but in his mind it worked out in his favor. From his narcissistic perception (as long as he doesn't get caught) he continues to have ALL the power and control. He has practically everyone in the dark about his crimes, 1/2 the world talking about him..trying to figure out who he is...while he kicks back drinking a beer, watching. It's all about HIM, HIM, HIM. He now has a constant feeling of power & control over millions of people, instead of how many....4? 10? 17? (whatever his body count actually is.) We are, in theory, his "narcissistic supply." (Google it...its actually one of the components of NPD.)

And, that's what he wants, right? So why would he go out & risk all that? I believe he will do whatever he has to do to maintain this level of power & control... even if it means laying low for a while or even stopping entirely. He's got too much to lose at this point.

IMO, if you want to draw him out and catch this physcopath... he needs to feel like he is losing that sense of power & control. This will send him into a frenzy and that is where he will make his mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great Post .... not sure about him being sent into a frenzy ..... but certainly agree if he had a sense of loss of power or control....that's when a mistake will be made.

Puggle xx

Hello everyone, I just joined the site. I don't know if my post is relevant or in the correct thread, if it isn't, please forgive me, I'm still learning how to navigate the site. I have been absolutely fascinated by the LISK case since day one. I don't know if LE or how many of you believe that the Lattingtown Jane Doe case could be related to LISK, but I grew up in the area where she was found, and one thing I can say is, if you aren't really familiar with the area, there's now way you'd even know it exists. However, if I'm not mistaken, over the last decade or so, that area did become more well known thanks to The Bayville Scream Park. Across the street from that park is Stehli Beach, and it goes deep. Lattingtown Jane Doe was found not far from the end of the beach parking lot. There are a lot of dense, heavily wooded nature preserves too up there, Mill Neck, Oyster Bay Cove. They are so hidden half the locals don't even know they exist. About 4 years ago I had a day off, I went for a walk by myself in Shu Swamp in Mill Neck. I thought I was the only person there, until I crossed paths with a gentleman who made harmless small talk. Well, once he remarked that it was a great place to hide a body, I got the hell out of there pretty quick. I think over time, more bodies will be discovered. Where, who knows, but hopefully it's the handiwork of LISK and something will lead to his identity. Again, I apologize for the long-winded post and hopefully I'm not too off-topic for this thread.

i am in the UK and have only in the last couple of years come to know about LISK from everything i have read and watched i feel Shannon Gilbert was different while yes she was treated very badly by everyone she came across that night i dont think she came across LISK, i feel LISK is either ex LE or millitary, with a great knowledge of the area and the people of the area leading LE exactley where he wants them to go and to the people he wants, i think he is living in the area watching everything, i think the only way they are going to catch him is by closing ranks and a need to know basis only.

Hello everyone, I just joined the site. I don't know if my post is relevant or in the correct thread, if it isn't, please forgive me, I'm still learning how to navigate the site. I have been absolutely fascinated by the LISK case since day one. I don't know if LE or how many of you believe that the Lattingtown Jane Doe case could be related to LISK, but I grew up in the area where she was found, and one thing I can say is, if you aren't really familiar with the area, there's now way you'd even know it exists. However, if I'm not mistaken, over the last decade or so, that area did become more well known thanks to The Bayville Scream Park. Across the street from that park is Stehli Beach, and it goes deep. Lattingtown Jane Doe was found not far from the end of the beach parking lot. There are a lot of dense, heavily wooded nature preserves too up there, Mill Neck, Oyster Bay Cove. They are so hidden half the locals don't even know they exist. About 4 years ago I had a day off, I went for a walk by myself in Shu Swamp in Mill Neck. I thought I was the only person there, until I crossed paths with a gentleman who made harmless small talk. Well, once he remarked that it was a great place to hide a body, I got the hell out of there pretty quick. I think over time, more bodies will be discovered. Where, who knows, but hopefully it's the handiwork of LISK and something will lead to his identity. Again, I apologize for the long-winded post and hopefully I'm not too off-topic for this thread.

Thank you! Is there anything else you can tell us? It seems odd the killer felt comfortable enough on the beach to bury the body. Do you know the exact spot? Is it visible from any surrounding properties? I recently discovered another unidentified victim found in 2001 Muttontown Jane Doe found in the Muttontown Preserve which I believes signifies there is a possible graveyard in the area extending up along Oyster Bay Rd

Thank you! Is there anything else you can tell us? It seems odd the killer felt comfortable enough on the beach to bury the body. Do you know the exact spot? Is it visible from any surrounding properties? I recently discovered another unidentified victim found in 2001 Muttontown Jane Doe found in the Muttontown Preserve which I believes signifies there is a possible graveyard in the area extending up along Oyster Bay Rd
Do you have the link for 2001 Muttontown Jane Doe so I can add her to my map? Thanks.

Regarding Peaches & Cherries. I watched an Autopsy documentary last night. A torso had washed in much older then Peaches (3 days old)
and Cherries ( 1-2 week old). Immediately the Medical Examiner said this body was dismembered by a chainsaw, (not a jigsaw or knife) and the person that did had knowledge of anatomy the way the cuts were made. They never recovered a head or body parts but it still led them to the killer.

There was never one mention of what was used to dismember Cherries or Peaches or anything else, if released to the public it could help find the killer. Obviously someone in the tree business or parks department that had access to chain saws would be a viable suspect if the cuts were made by a chain saw, if they had knowledge of anatomy or any other clues could narrow would be an added bonus to nail this guy.

Others have said it before about the Asian John Doe, reports say he was wearing a wig and woman's clothing why aren't those item pictures posted on Namus. Are any of these body parts in the first link heads that may belong to Peaches or Cherries?

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/unidentified-remains-challenge-medical-examiners-1.10699167

http://www.newsday.com/news/health/...practices-under-increasing-scrutiny-1.4991571

Ive never ventured down that beach far enough to know the exact location of Lattingtown Jane Doe or what properties are visible to it. I believe a golf course abuts the beach where she was found. What I do know, is you need to really know the area to know the ins and outs of it. I had no idea about Muttontown Preserve Jane Doe, and I'm very interested to know more.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if more bodies are unearthed or discovered on the North Shore. I don't know if these 2 Jane Does- Lattingtown and Muttontown- are related to the GB4, but in both cases, it was someone who knows the areas and knows them well. This is no drifter, or carnie or trucker. This is someone that knows what is "safe" and not under surveillance.

I agree. Someone out there has a weird feeling or suspicion. All it would take is one anonymous call and they could have the guy.

Well I sure hope so!

Still, even if they do catch and convict someone for at least some of the murders, there will always be questions about the rest and the lingering specter of another killer still out there, unless the suspect happens to be incredibly cooperative and is full of definite, confirming details known only to LE that can prove he did everything.

But if he lies and claims credit for things he didn't do, the mess continues. If he clams up and admits to nothing, the mess continues. So in all likelihood, no matter what happens, the full truth will never be known.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
podreal
Back