Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

• YES.

Votes: 211 43.9%
  • NO.

Votes: 141 29.3%
  • NOT SURE.

Votes: 129 26.8%

• Total voters
If you enlarge it and blow it up it almost looks like it could possibly be connected to a Religion because of the type of the Head Piece similar to what has been seen within the Catholic Religion but bit different. I do agree some things do look like they could be connected to the Roman era. The Coat of Arms you should be able to narrow down by doing Google Search for each Nationality with search of colors and type man/animal shown. It also looks like next to this one is another Coat of Arms that looks to be different may want to look at buildings with the Coat of Arms on them.

I found the pic in my files but can’t post all of it because it shows the name of the man who posted it and it really could be completely innocent.

Last edited:
I found the pic. It was posted by a man who works on Long Island and is apparently related to the man who targeted me and as I understand is watching me. I found more pics and they are also weird.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190221-092240_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20190221-092240_Photos.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 96
Just wanted to touch base, and let everybody know, I am still following this site,. As far as I know the next court date is in April.

I think that depends on whether or not he remains active.
I agree because depending on a serial killers age or many other factors like his DNA not being in the system to link crimes to, if he is no longer active its a great possibility he will never be caught just like the Zodiac

Hello!
I am new here, and this is my first post.

I have not had a chance to go through the other 1500 messages on this board, but I thought I'd share.

I watched the Killing Season (a few times), and am also huge fan of Rachael and Joshua's documentaries.
The elderly gentleman they have in the Killing Season discussing the possibility of 2 separate killers fighting over territory, was also in their Killer Legends documentary. He seems to be knowledgeable and experienced enough, that I trust his opinion. The theory that one is a "torso killer" and the other prefers to keep his victims intact. Indicating 2 completely different MO/ styles of killing, so I agree 2 different people. Due to the timelines I don't feel one killer honed his skills and developed different traits.

In my opinion, I think they may know each other, personally.

The reason I feel like they know each other on a more personal level is because they found partial remains of victims in areas where the intact victims bodies were found/ vice versa.
Something like that happening as a coincidence seems almost impossible, unless they knew specifics that only that person would know. Most of the intact remains found in Long Island were discovered in clusters in 2010 and 2011, and the partial remains of a couple victims (torsos found elsewhere) were found around that same time if Wiki is correct.

"The four sets of remains discovered on March 29 and April 4 were all within two miles and to the east of those found in December. They included two women, a man, and a toddler.[5] A skull and a partial set of remains were found on April 11 after the search expanded into Nassau County.[47] They were found about one mile apart, approximately five miles west of those found in December.[48]"

For example, Jessica Taylor was missing in 2003, they found her dismembered torso around July 2003.
But her skull, hands, forearm weren't found until the 2011 cluster was discovered.

From what I've read, the actual bodies on Long Island weren't discovered before 2010, so for her extremities to be found in an area where it wasn't even known to be a dump site yet is interesting. Thats 7-8 years her killer held onto those parts, or parts of her sat for 7-8 years in the same spot where they found the rest from LISK.

I am skeptical that Jessica Taylor's killer just happened to find where other bodies were and dumped hers where LISK kept his victims after hearing about it on the news, post 2010 discoveries. That seems risky and not methodical/ ceremonial, which wouldn't fit a SK typical desires. We know they usually go to extreme lengths to fulfill their needs.
I have not found what condition her skull etc. were in when found, but I can imagine after that much time it would be complete bone. Not frozen or preserved/ embalmed, or moved from another location(according to what I've read, they could test soil samples to find that out).

After reading and watching, I feel they should consider 2 separate killers, and that they may have a personal connection. I believe a father/ son or maybe brother relationship. Close enough relationship to where they would protect each other at all costs.

John Bitroff has been potentially linked:

"The trail that police said led to Bittrolff began with a DNA sample submitted by his brother Timothy Bittrolff following his misdemeanor conviction for violating an order of protection in 2013. State police investigators determined the sample was a partial match to DNA left on the two dead women." Lawyer: 'Laughable' to say client may be tied to NY slayings

Both brothers have been charged with violent crimes. (protection order for brother Timothy, and the violation says a lot as far as his disregard for respect for others) Seems to be a common trait for both.

I have not found any recent (2019) updates on LISK or the possible connection to John Bitrolff*.

Please correct me if I am missing anything.

SMM

Did any of the Bitroff's have any connection to the Hackett, or Coletti or Scalese or Brewer?

I agree with the writers above. I think Super Storm Sandy took away any one else left behind ,out to sea, including evidence. IMO JB, who moved, is a prime suspect. I hope FL is watching him closely. Loved the young cashiers at S&S in a big creepy way ( so the employees said at the time). Burke is still in jail ? Within 2 weeks, it was believed to be a cop involved, due to the cell phone calls from NYC to the sisters cell .Do those records exist? Somebody knows something. And that person should say something. Time will tell. - Nobody wakes up in the morning and says, oh I think I want to be a prostitute, it happens after years of abuse. Pray for the girls.

Hello!
I am new here, and this is my first post.

I have not had a chance to go through the other 1500 messages on this board, but I thought I'd share.

I watched the Killing Season (a few times), and am also huge fan of Rachael and Joshua's documentaries.
The elderly gentleman they have in the Killing Season discussing the possibility of 2 separate killers fighting over territory, was also in their Killer Legends documentary. He seems to be knowledgeable and experienced enough, that I trust his opinion. The theory that one is a "torso killer" and the other prefers to keep his victims intact. Indicating 2 completely different MO/ styles of killing, so I agree 2 different people. Due to the timelines I don't feel one killer honed his skills and developed different traits.

In my opinion, I think they may know each other, personally.

The reason I feel like they know each other on a more personal level is because they found partial remains of victims in areas where the intact victims bodies were found/ vice versa.
Something like that happening as a coincidence seems almost impossible, unless they knew specifics that only that person would know. Most of the intact remains found in Long Island were discovered in clusters in 2010 and 2011, and the partial remains of a couple victims (torsos found elsewhere) were found around that same time if Wiki is correct.

"The four sets of remains discovered on March 29 and April 4 were all within two miles and to the east of those found in December. They included two women, a man, and a toddler.[5] A skull and a partial set of remains were found on April 11 after the search expanded into Nassau County.[47] They were found about one mile apart, approximately five miles west of those found in December.[48]"

For example, Jessica Taylor was missing in 2003, they found her dismembered torso around July 2003.
But her skull, hands, forearm weren't found until the 2011 cluster was discovered.

From what I've read, the actual bodies on Long Island weren't discovered before 2010, so for her extremities to be found in an area where it wasn't even known to be a dump site yet is interesting. Thats 7-8 years her killer held onto those parts, or parts of her sat for 7-8 years in the same spot where they found the rest from LISK.

I am skeptical that Jessica Taylor's killer just happened to find where other bodies were and dumped hers where LISK kept his victims after hearing about it on the news, post 2010 discoveries. That seems risky and not methodical/ ceremonial, which wouldn't fit a SK typical desires. We know they usually go to extreme lengths to fulfill their needs.
I have not found what condition her skull etc. were in when found, but I can imagine after that much time it would be complete bone. Not frozen or preserved/ embalmed, or moved from another location(according to what I've read, they could test soil samples to find that out).

After reading and watching, I feel they should consider 2 separate killers, and that they may have a personal connection. I believe a father/ son or maybe brother relationship. Close enough relationship to where they would protect each other at all costs.

John Bitroff has been potentially linked:

"The trail that police said led to Bittrolff began with a DNA sample submitted by his brother Timothy Bittrolff following his misdemeanor conviction for violating an order of protection in 2013. State police investigators determined the sample was a partial match to DNA left on the two dead women." Lawyer: 'Laughable' to say client may be tied to NY slayings

Both brothers have been charged with violent crimes. (protection order for brother Timothy, and the violation says a lot as far as his disregard for respect for others) Seems to be a common trait for both.

I have not found any recent (2019) updates on LISK or the possible connection to John Bitrolff*.

Please correct me if I am missing anything.

SMM
There are no precedents other than circumstantial for two serial killers using the same area.

I agree with you all 100%. Being a lifer on the island I have had many run ins with the corruption in the area. My husband has been on the police accident tow list for over a decade and the amount of *advertiser censored* that we see is insane. The threats we have received over this has been never ending. And who are we going to call when the guys in blue threaten? Many of the area police normally encounter the women of the night, on their own accord.Having a past involved in this lifestyle for years I can affirm many of the uniforms I saw on a normal basis were in fact those of our officers, Suffolk, Nassau, Queens. Most of these men are so cocky and belittling, regardless of the fact that they called me for my services, I didn’t solicit them.. it has been many years since I have lived that way, but these girls were going missing while I was out there.. Scary *advertiser censored*.. I am convinced that the case has blue painted all over it.. it will get solved eventually, but to what end?

I am also watching Killing Season, very compelling, and extremely alarming. I am not from LI but spent years working out there as truck driver in the early 90's. I have been to every town from Elmont to Montauk, North Shore to South, both forks and Shelter Island. I agree with many that someone in Suffolk County Police is the actual killer or covering up for someone close. The evidence is almost overwhelming. But I also believe it is the work of 2 separate individuals. I believe the brutal killings that involve dismemberment we're the work of the aforementioned police involved individual. I believe LISK is someone completely different, an individual who works in NYC, Times Square area, or nearby, someone who switches between driving into work and taking the train. This person has intimate knowledge of both NYC and it's sex workers and that border region of Gilgo Beach. I believe this person killed more than the four women found on the quarter mile of Ocean Parkway and Super Storm Sandy wiped away much of the evidence. The ritualistic manor in which these women were found as opposed to the insane dismemberment speaks to two very different killers.

I am also watching Killing Season, very compelling, and extremely alarming. I am not from LI but spent years working out there as truck driver in the early 90's. I have been to every town from Elmont to Montauk, North Shore to South, both forks and Shelter Island. I agree with many that someone in Suffolk County Police is the actual killer or covering up for someone close. The evidence is almost overwhelming. But I also believe it is the work of 2 separate individuals. I believe the brutal killings that involve dismemberment we're the work of the aforementioned police involved individual. I believe LISK is someone completely different, an individual who works in NYC, Times Square area, or nearby, someone who switches between driving into work and taking the train. This person has intimate knowledge of both NYC and it's sex workers and that border region of Gilgo Beach. I believe this person killed more than the four women found on the quarter mile of Ocean Parkway and Super Storm Sandy wiped away much of the evidence. The ritualistic manor in which these women were found as opposed to the insane dismemberment speaks to two very different killers.

I agree. I had an violent encounter with someone who meets all of this criteria and their personality, lifestyle, and the M.O. of my assault are eerily similar to what I imagine the LISK's are.

My suspected unsub was born and raised just north of that stretch of beach, eventually lived in NYC. Would mysteriously vanish for days and days. Twisted deviant and sex addict. Always hunting for prey on dating apps and Craigslist. Sociopath, easily. I was naive and trusting. Paid the price, but it surely could have ended up far worse.

Effing predators. Holding out hope for justice for these victims .

I agree. I had an violent encounter with someone who meets all of this criteria and their personality, lifestyle, and the M.O. of my assault are eerily similar to what I imagine the LISK's are.

My suspected unsub was born and raised just north of that stretch of beach, eventually lived in NYC. Would mysteriously vanish for days and days. Twisted deviant and sex addict. Always hunting for prey on dating apps and Craigslist. Sociopath, easily. I was naive and trusting. Paid the price, but it surely could have ended up far worse.

Effing predators. Holding out hope for justice for these victims .

Oh God that terrifying, and I imagine that if you did report it, it went ignored. The terrible truth about our criminal justice system is that female and tg sex workers are the last people on Earth that a police officer will help. Their families are ignored equally because most police departments breed this indifference into their rank and file. I think LISK is someone who doesn't deal one on one with too many people. He works a very solo kind of job, might have to put up with two or three other people every shift. A person who lives in some inherited house in a middle class burb, his neighbors never see him. Probably works nights or overnight. Definitely works in NYC. Those cell phone calls are the key. The exact times he called are most important.

After watching the series and understanding all the women were in the sex trade, something keeps coming up they all had drivers or had drivers in the past, this would give that person intimate knowledge of where they lived and what they did, but I never see anyone try and track down the drivers who got paid to take these girls around to places, even if the girl was using someone new as a driver the old one would know where they live and could have followed them.

After watching the series and understanding all the women were in the sex trade, something keeps coming up they all had drivers or had drivers in the past, this would give that person intimate knowledge of where they lived and what they did, but I never see anyone try and track down the drivers who got paid to take these girls around to places, even if the girl was using someone new as a driver the old one would know where they live and could have followed them.

I agree with you that the drivers are crucial to understanding the trade, and solving the crimes. In the case of Shannan Gilbert, I have always believed that Michael Pak was the key solving the crime. I have a sense that LE tends to not focus on the drivers for some reason, possibly there is no easy criminal charges to be made against drivers.

Think about it for a minute, and you will see that the drivers are crucial for the sex trade to exist.

I agree with you both, however I see some sloppy police work on LI forces as they seem to have minimal interest in solving the case. Cases like this prove the laws for finding any person in this country need to be changed immediately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back