Willamette Week article: One Tipster’s Startling Suspicions, and Frustration

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
1. This makes me sick. I really do not want this to be true. If something terrible happened to our lil Kyron I hope that he was completely oblivious to what was going on.

2. June 9th? If this was true I would think Terri would be closely monitored. LE was living with them for gosh sakes. I guess perhaps it didn't have to be Terri though.

3. I am upset with this man. Come ON. You see people speeding, maybe driving recklessly, pushing a boy down in his seat, then you see them get out in the woods with a shovel. Then you hear a gunshot. And you don't call police to have it checked out? What in the world? Seriously?

4. I am very worried if leads are not being checked into. If this is the case, either they are too swamped and need more help, are discounting things prematurely or DO know what happened to our sweet boy and don't feel the need to follow up on things. I don't like any of those reasons. :(

This is all just my opinion.

Story.jpg

As crazy as is sounds - there are still a few of us who don't own cell phones - and pay phones are becoming a bit scarce. The piece does say he called and told a deputy sometime "shortly" thereafter - which might well have been as soon as he got home.

Believe it or not, I don't have a cell phone! :angel: My older kids and husband have them, but I don't, so I know what you mean. Still, if something was that scary, I would ask the guy a the gas station to use the phone! JMO

By my reading, he DID report it to someone:

"He also said he reported the incident to a “Eugene Deputy” (not sure if Eugene PD or Lane County Sheriff) shortly thereafter, but before he realized the possible significance of what he saw."

As crazy as is sounds - there are still a few of us who don't own cell phones - and pay phones are becoming a bit scarce. The piece does say he called and told a deputy sometime "shortly" thereafter - which might well have been as soon as he got home.

True. I wonder if they passed that info on to MSCO ?

If the verified locals thing was meant for me, is there another email address to try? I sent two emails to it and they both bounced. Sorry, wasn't sure where else to ask? Is there a board to reach a moderator? I'm still learning the ropes and in the middle of a medical crisis, a job search and a move, so... I'm struggling to figure out how this place works. My apologies... LOL... anyone care to be my buddy so I can ask them dumb questions instead of gumming up the well-oiled machine here?

I have seen TH's car up close and personal. In fact, I was driving right behind it the day I took pictures at Skyline. Anyway, it actually is a cranberry red. Not cherry red or fire engine red. Darker, cranberry red. But I did not think a mustang would be considered a "sedan."

I'm back and I'm alive! :woohoo: haha

I think this man was mistaken based on what I saw and some help from a friend of mine who has lived in Monroe for maybe all her life. I'm going to eat my hot dog and then show you all my findings. :)

It would not make any sense that they all met up in the woods to kill especially by that date everyone was watching TMH. Was the Kaine's white truck even released, or was this some other white truck? Lots of holes in this story. Then, the near accident and the gunshot. One person witnessed all this? What a shame LE has to waste time with people making up stuff. Sorry, but this sounds made up.

I'm back and I'm alive! :woohoo: haha

I think this man was mistaken based on what I saw and some help from a friend of mine who has lived in Monroe for maybe all her life. I'm going to eat my hot dog and then show you all my findings. :)
Cool! Just don't go spilling mustard or relish on them. :dance:

Did LE go out and search that area for a fresh grave on the tip???
Did the farmer go and look???
No words................sick now

I wonder if KH and DY are aware of this report. (I assume they are now.) I can't imagine the agony of hearing stories like this even when they don't ring true.

His story does seem far fetched but any tip called in should be investigated.IMO
There is a old mill site in Monroe...I googled and found a Hull-Oakes Lumber Company there...here is a video of the Hull-Oakes Lumber Company.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVGUf9vB-kQ[/ame]

Well in all the discussion about why TH took the truck on June 4, it's been stated that she nomally drives her Mustang; KH the truck. And the fact of her taking the truck that day and not bringing the exhibit home has been dissected. So clearly, who has the white truck and when and why has become important.

And, at that time, LE was supposedly at their house a lot, right? (I'm summarizing a bit). Also, during all the chaos, if TH takes off for what sounds like at least four hours, I think someone would have raised that point by now and say "hey! and not only that, but man, she was somewhere for 4 hours on June 9."

I checked the timeline before I made my post, but didn't find (or overlooked) at what point the truck was towed from the house.

So, either TH routinely uses the truck when she feels like it, in which case her use of it on June 4 isn't a big deal, or else KH predominantly uses the truck, which makes it less likely that she used it on June 9. And given the chaos, the media scrutiny, the LE being around, the searches, the chance that TH took of for so long on June 9 doesn't just seem logical.

Now, if someone wants to ask where, say, MC was at that time on June 9, and whether he or any of his associates have access to a white truck, that's fine by me. In fact, I wish LE would ask just that.

ETA: my bad. I thought the quote function would pick up what Jules had quoted from me, and what was BBM'd, but it didn't. Here's the link, it's post # 47 on this page: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110927&page=2

Ok, thanks. I was just curious how you deducted it would not be TH in the white truck. I was thinking she used Kaine's truck whenever she wanted and on this particular day/time - there was a press conference without the family. It does seem though, that others not at the press conference would be keeping an eye on her.

While I'm still messing with the pics, I want to share what my friend said. First off, she said they hear gunshots all the time and everyone always wonders what that is about.

Second, the only place where it is wooded behind an old anything is the brickyard. From 99W, you can hardly see the place. I drove down the dirt road and there was an iron gate that keeps you out of there. I had to back down the road to get out because it is that narrow and nowhere to turn around.

Kimster, if you go out sleuthing and whatnot, have someone go with you, be safe { I believe Kimster has red hair} I can just see someone sayin, "I saw a red headed woman pokin around here today" LOL

SBM:
I'm back and I'm alive! :woohoo: haha...

I think you were outed as a ginger (used affectionately) :genie: while you were away.

I don't think the brick yard is it - the article seemed to indicate the first sighting came prior to him entering Monroe - and isn't this brick yard on the north side of Monroe? The article said they turned on gravel road near old mill (maybe one no longer in operation?) and then he got to Monroe right? And stopped at the gas station?

I may be confused...

I have seen TH's car up close and personal. In fact, I was driving right behind it the day I took pictures at Skyline. Anyway, it actually is a cranberry red. Not cherry red or fire engine red. Darker, cranberry red. But I did not think a mustang would be considered a "sedan."

I agree, gwen. A Mustang is a Mustang is a Mustang. Even @ a distance, a Mustang is a very recognizable vehicle. I've never heard anyone describe a Mustang as a *sedan* If anything, it would be described as a *sportscar* by someone who might not recognize the make & model, IMO. I would be hard-pressed to think anyone would ever confuse a Mustang for a generic *sedan*.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_ks
Back