Willamette Week article: One Tipster’s Startling Suspicions, and Frustration

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
1. This makes me sick. I really do not want this to be true. If something terrible happened to our lil Kyron I hope that he was completely oblivious to what was going on.

2. June 9th? If this was true I would think Terri would be closely monitored. LE was living with them for gosh sakes. I guess perhaps it didn't have to be Terri though.

3. I am upset with this man. Come ON. You see people speeding, maybe driving recklessly, pushing a boy down in his seat, then you see them get out in the woods with a shovel. Then you hear a gunshot. And you don't call police to have it checked out? What in the world? Seriously?

4. I am very worried if leads are not being checked into. If this is the case, either they are too swamped and need more help, are discounting things prematurely or DO know what happened to our sweet boy and don't feel the need to follow up on things. I don't like any of those reasons. :(

This is all just my opinion.

Story.jpg

Add to this the fact that this boy was not wearing a seatbelt if his head could be pushed down like that. The shoulder strap would not allow it. Of course, if someone was intent on harming this boy, following the seatbelt law would not be uppermost in their mind.

In the case of a missing child, it should be mandated that there be live people manning the tip line so that the tips could be acted on immediately if the tip seems to fit the situation. It could be done for a time period of at least the first 5 days. This tip line could be manned by reserve deputies. Each parish (Louisiana) has a hefty reserve unit.

IF this tipster is certain that this incident occurred on June 9th, then I am not buying it.

JMO

Someone needs to ride with the tipster to the exact location and check this out. He asked for directions, so he was not familiar with the area.. Get him back out there and have him show what he saw and where! This could be something, leave no stone unturned, IMO.

AND give him a poly to boot. If he is not being 100 percent truthful, then shame, shame, shame on him.

I agree with leaving no stone unturned, Dragonfly1971. It is JMO, that this tip is not credible tho. How could he have possibly seen all of that? At the very least, he should have immediately gotten local LE out there and also reported the mistreatment of this small boy. I always have a problem with people who see wrongdoing and not immediately reporting it.

I just cannot buy this one....................

JMO

Oh, another thing. If he was suspicious of hearing gun shots at the gas station, he wouldn't have thought of Hull-Oakes. That is WAY too far north to hear shots.

(BTW, those two names are the most well-known in Monroe. Hull and Oakes. Just some trivia for ya. haha)

Just have too ask, Kimster. Is this Oakes any relation to someone who is a well known name in this case?

AND give him a poly to boot. If he is not being 100 percent truthful, then shame, shame, shame on him.

I agree with leaving no stone unturned, Dragonfly1971. It is JMO, that this tip is not credible tho. How could he have possibly seen all of that? At the very least, he should have immediately gotten local LE out there and also reported the mistreatment of this small boy. I always have a problem with people who see wrongdoing and not immediately reporting it.

I just cannot buy this one....................

JMO

My guess is, LE has already checked it out. If there had been anything to it they would have followed up with him. I don't buy it anyway but it also sounds like it didn't lead to anything either.

We also talked about both of us knowing kids that look like Kyron. In fact, my youngest looked a lot like him when he was that age!

Kyron has a look similar to my little guy, who is also into science and engineering. It was for that reason that the photo of Kyron with his science project, when I first saw it, really pulled at my heartstrings. It was what drew my interest to this case initially.

Kyron just seems like such a sweet, lovable little guy, with so much for offer and such a capacity for enjoying the world and his relationships. My heart really goes out to him and to all who love him and are missing him right now.

Hey now! I have four pairs of Berkies. :) The outlying towns are farm land and many do use Round Up. LOL

Shucks, now that's just a travesty! I think there's a law against wearing Berks and using herbicides concurrently.....the PNWBeGreen 5621 or something.... ;)

But in all seriousness... what do they grow in the spring/summer in the rural areas surrounding Portland? Grass seed? turf? produce?

Shucks, now that's just a travesty! I think there's a law against wearing Berks and using herbicides concurrently.....the PNWBeGreen 5621 or something.... ;)

But in all seriousness... what do they grow in the spring/summer in the rural areas surrounding Portland? Grass seed? turf? produce?

Grass seed, wheat, mint and flowers for seed. I LOVE the acres and acres of flowers blooming!

Kimster, can you ask your friend if she knows where Kompf Grain Mill is. Here's a picture http://www.painetworks.com/previews/ja/ja4224.html?clientid=IDABXORB&ln=en&text=

It looks like an old place and is somewhere on the Long Tom River near Monroe.

She said it’s the old grain mill that used to stand behind the gas station. It’s no longer there; she believes that it burned down, although she's not certain if it was a demolition, or an accident. It's been gone for awhile.

I'm not sure what to not believe. Mark Dewitt's story about DS and TH, or Bruce McCain's story about Mark Dewitt?

WOW...that is a BOGUS TIP.

How do you see ALL OF THAT while driving 55 mph down a highway?? I'm lucky to even see someone fully exit their car to handle a car problem on the side of the road IN TRAFFIC. There is just no way he could have seen all of that unfolding unless he was stopped at a traffic light.

And, it just seems WAY too wrapped up in a neat bow to me. All those details with the right people---weeks after the all the details came out. No wonder no one got back to him.

Sigh. Poor little Kyron.

It makes me wonder about whether the tipster is involved...though it's probably just a desire for publicity.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back