Winter Storms Q, Rocky and other 2013 winter storms; How Much Snow/Ice Will You Get

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I do t even want to plant! I just want to prep! My garden and yard went to $hit last fall when my mom got sick and passed, so I have a lot of work to do out there. But every freakin time the snow melts, it's still too cold, and then it snows again!

I am no longer gardenlady. I'm looks-sadly-out-window-at-snow-lady. :cry:

I do t even want to plant! I just want to prep! My garden and yard went to $hit last fall when my mom got sick and passed, so I have a lot of work to do out there. But every freakin time the snow melts, it's still too cold, and then it snows again!

I am no longer gardenlady. I'm looks-sadly-out-window-at-snow-lady. :cry:

OH no how sad. I sure hope you get to prep your yard soon. I love to do a garden and flowers etc also. Unfortunately since we moved North I can only do some flowers, the planting season is just too short. I'm sure you will get to do your prepping and planting soon. Isn't April 15th the last day for most people to have to wait. Sorry to hear about your mom :(

Aww thanks! :heart: I wasn't biatching at you, btw, just the weather lol.

I usually plant in the ground the weekend before memorial day, and some like peas, spinach, lettuce will go in about 2 or 3 weeks earlier than that.

I'm really kicking myself for not getting out there the last time we had a warm day or two - forget what I was doing, but apparently it should have been clearing up the garden lol...

At this rate I'll be planting sometime in late June... And the kids will be in school till July because of all the darn snow days! :crazy:

Three weeks later ginormous pile of snow on flowerbed has melted. Tiny crocus are trying to peek out. We are expecting relatives from California this weekend and it's going to snow the day before. Don't know if they even own a coat.

I am sick, sick, sick of winter! I want to plant my peas. I want to put my herbs in the garden. I want to wear shorts! I want to get the grill out. Almost 80 degrees the other day then down to 40's. Arggg! Looks like we will move from freezing cold weather immediately into a hot summer....again.

If I didn't have so much family here I'd move to a warmer climate. We need Ukko to be named "Last-Freaking-Winter-storm-Of-The-Season."

It is so cold out. I went to get groceries, and I wore my sweatshirt instead of my winter coat. In my winter coat, from LL Bean, I just over heat. And I never call it right, when its 40 out I wear my winter coat. Go figure right. Well while I was walking up to the store I see this lady wearing a long skirt, and she had on sandals!!!, with her winter coat, haha. Guess we all can be a little crazy hoping for spring.

Ukko needs to Ukk off!!! We still have snow piles from the last one, we actually got out this weekend to do fun spring like things and i was getting excited thinking about Summer at the beach. Feels like Summer is never going to come!

Sky is looking awfully grim out there :eek:hoh:

I hate you all are having to go through another storm! Hoping everyone will be safe and not lose your electricity...

Thinking the winter storms were over, I started using spring pictures on my signature...lol.....changed too soon I guess but maybe flowers will cheer you up I hope.

I hate you all are having to go through another storm! Hoping everyone will be safe and not lose your electricity...

Thinking the winter storms were over, I started using spring pictures on my signature...lol.....changed too soon I guess but maybe flowers will cheer you up I hope.

Keep the flower picture Reader! I and others need encouragement.

Reader, don't you TOUCH that beautiful flower!

I am so sick of sleet. I'm sick of snow melting, waking up the next day and snow all over again. I'm tired of being COLD.

OK, I hear you on the flower...glad you like it! I've got some other good ones too coming up soon...

The south got some storms today also:

Severe storms, large hail pummel parts of South

http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...ass&action=5&lang=en&_LT=UNLC_NKNWU00L5_UNEWS

JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Severe thunderstorms Monday raked across a wide area of the South, packing strong winds, rain and some baseball-size hail.

In Mississippi, authorities reported two people were hit on the head by large hail as the enormous storm front crossed the region. Fire official Tim Shanks said baseball-sized hail smashed windows in several vehicles in Clinton, where the two people were hit. He had no immediate word on their condition.

National Weather Service meteorologist Anna Weber said there were reports of hail the size of softballs in some areas around Jackson............more......

Snow is already sticking to trees. This is the only thing I am ever concerned about during storms. The heavier the snow the more the trees might cause power issues. Now that I live more in the city I have yet to lose power during all the storms, but in the country we started the generator monthly it seemed.
I hate saying this, but it is pretty lol!

LOL. Yes it's pretty. We are out on the road and the trees look beautiful! We got around 8-10 inches and its still coming but getting wetter. As pretty as it is I'm really hoping its the last one!

And thus comes winter storm Virgil. Arggg! If we run out of named storms can we please have spring?

Five to 8 inches of snow, possibly up to 12 inches in some areas. Mainly along 1-70. Rain and snow on the east coast.

Reader, don't you TOUCH that beautiful flower!

I am so sick of sleet. I'm sick of snow melting, waking up the next day and snow all over again. I'm tired of being COLD.

Have you heard the long-range forecast for these parts? Cold for the next two weeks - right up to Easter :(

I didn't hear it mentioned during weather reports, but there had to be a significant windchill yesterday. It was bitterly cold and windy. Our temps are at least 10 degrees below normal for this time of year. Furnace has been running constantly since mid-September. Enough already!

And thus comes winter storm Virgil. Arggg! If we run out of named storms can we please have spring?

Five to 8 inches of snow, possibly up to 12 inches in some areas. Mainly along 1-70. Rain and snow on the east coast.

Oh no, can't believe the snow just will not stop coming...hoping this is the last one you all have to experience.

Changed the flowers, hope it cheers you up, and here is my poor attempt at poetry for the occasion...lol......

Hey, snow, don't you know

Spring is here, the flowers are in bloom

They are telling you it's time to go

And give us room!

LOVE that pic, those flowers are gorgeous!

Virgil better not show his face up here in Mass, we are OVER it lol.

Oh no, can't believe the snow just will not stop coming...hoping this is the last one you all have to experience.

Changed the flowers, hope it cheers you up, and here is my poor attempt at poetry for the occasion...lol......

Hey, snow, don't you know

Spring is here, the flowers are in bloom

They are telling you it's time to go

And give us room!

Awesome wildflower garden! Hope the snow listens to your poem.

Our relatives are here. Aunt's surprise birthday party was a pleasant shock to her. Her granddaughters went to the store to get supplies to make 'snow' ice cream as they rarely see any snow and a dusting of snow at best. They are excited.

At least a few people are enjoying the upcoming snow storm.

I haven't posted since Ukko hit...now I know what an "ice pellet" storm is...think small hail dropping, just like a hard rain, for over an hour + My DS stupid school was delayed for 1-1/2 hours on Weds. and then the "pellet" storm happened when school was let out. VERY DANGEROUS.

Oh, goody, now we have Virgil coming this way...UM, WHERE IS SPRING???? Oh, wait, it's in Reader's siggy :) Thanks Reader!

Well, this was certainly a wet snow! I'm not complaining. Loving all the moisture. Bring on some more!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back