Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sdavidson11,
Thank you so much for sharing your time of terror with us. I am thankful that you have come through your horrible ordeal to emerge such a strong and honest person.

Your statement, "Having been through a tragedy of my own and still reliving it many years later I can tell you for certain that the facts and your memory don't change," rings loud and true with me. Our family was involved in the Air Force Academy rape scandal and I can tell you that when I testified to the congressional commission several years after the assault (as a mother), my memory and story did not change!!! The truth doesn't have to change.

The Anthony family does not understand the concept of truth so they keep trying out different stories that they think might best substitute for it. I can't even imagine how long they will all continue to flounder.

Just like KC, keep evolving the lie until you reach a version that works better or people don't care anymore what the truth is. They should work in test marketing lies to see if they fly.

Just like KC, keep evolving the lie until you reach a version that works better or people don't care anymore what the truth is. They should work in test marketing lies to see if they fly.

"Test marketing" ~ I love it, cyberborg, you found the perfect phrase for what the Anthonys are doing. Unlike when something really, really bad happens ~ Those things are indelibly imprinted in your memory. It's possible to be off a bit on the time or color of some details but a person doesn't turn from a problem that causes you to seek family counseling into "Mother of the Year."

It's such an insult to the public's intelligence, isn't it?

"Test marketing" ~ I love it, cyberborg, you found the perfect phrase for what the Anthonys are doing. Unlike when something really, really bad happens ~ Those things are indelibly imprinted in your memory. It's possible to be off a bit on the time or color of some details but a person doesn't turn from a problem that causes you to seek family counseling into "Mother of the Year."

It's such an insult to the public's intelligence, isn't it?

Yes, politics 101. They test market their story, analyze it and, evolve it based on what works and what doesn't. Once they get something that works pretty good then they will stick with that as the 'official story' -- everything else being grief.

Also, the general public generally has a short-term memory, unlike WS'ers focused on the case so, as it gets close to KC's trial expect a media blitz based on the version that works. Many will be taken in by the revisionist version.

Just like conspiracy theorists, you preach your version of events and you will earn a following who may help you to spread the word. Some spread these theories not because they believe them but to take an opposing view to the masses and gain the notoriety for taking and defending that position.

Sad but true. It isn't about seeking the truth, far from it, it is all about painting a story that resonates with as many people as possible as being an alternative theory. Damage control, just like the use of the word 'tragedy' instead of 'murder'.

The SPIN starts here .......

When I watch GA/CA working the road show in tandem, I sometimes like to imagine it is Little George and Little Cindy, maybe age six or seven. Cindy wearing little tap shoes and tap dancing around and around, all over the place, saying "look at me, look at me, oops I tripped, keep dancing and no one will notice, after all I'm the puuuuuurrfect tap dancer". George with that little grin and fluttering his eyelashes, saying "Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar, not me, couldn't be, not Little Georgie, I'm a smart little Georgie -- much smarter than anyone knows".

I think Little Cindy would be the type to have a birthday party and send all her little friends home if they didn't agree with her on something. And Little George would do something very very bad, then go clean his room until it was spotless and no one would guess anything was wrong.

Big Cindy is still tap dancing and Big George is still acting clueless. She still has parties and sends everyone home who doesn't agree with her. Big George still attempts to clean up messes before being found out.

Just another perspective on the A's. :eek:

MOO, of course!

Verité;3747433 said:
This sums it up perfectly. I'd tried to maintain some neutrality in support of the A's obvious grief/loss, but the recent LK interview did it for me. I felt deeply insulted by CA's straight-faced insistence
that the tons of photos were KC's "only one night" of partying after Caylee's disappearance, while the rest were from back on her 21st birthday. What an out-and-out distortion of the truth so blatant
as to make me feel queasy! In the interest of my own sanity, I refuse to empathize with anyone whose level of denial is so profound that it borders on a completely distorted version of reality.

Anyone who wants to understand the A family dynamics should read The People of the Lie (which is about the psychology of evil) by the psychiarist, M. Scott Peck, M.D., written during the 1980s, yet very
relevant to this case. (Peck also wrote The Road Less Traveled and other books.) I'd recommend People of the Lie to anyone who has any type working relationship with any of the A's.

Still have my battered but well read Road Less Traveled!

If I was unfortunate enough to be in the A's family, I'd send C/G/L & C each a copy of The People of the Lie.

With a nice little note attached.

Telling them to STOP!

When I watch GA/CA working the road show in tandem, I sometimes like to imagine it is Little George and Little Cindy, maybe age six or seven. Cindy wearing little tap shoes and tap dancing around and around, all over the place, saying "look at me, look at me, oops I tripped, keep dancing and no one will notice, after all I'm the puuuuuurrfect tap dancer". George with that little grin and fluttering his eyelashes, saying "Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar, not me, couldn't be, not Little Georgie, I'm a smart little Georgie -- much smarter than anyone knows".

I think Little Cindy would be the type to have a birthday party and send all her little friends home if they didn't agree with her on something. And Little George would do something very very bad, then go clean his room until it was spotless and no one would guess anything was wrong.

Big Cindy is still tap dancing and Big George is still acting clueless. She still has parties and sends everyone home who doesn't agree with her. Big George still attempts to clean up messes before being found out.

Just another perspective on the A's. :eek:

MOO, of course!

Lol! I think that image is going to stick in my head for awhile. It's scary that absurdity is so close to reality in this case.

Verité;3747433 said:
This sums it up perfectly. I'd tried to maintain some neutrality in support of the A's obvious grief/loss, but the recent LK interview did it for me. I felt deeply insulted by CA's straight-faced insistence
that the tons of photos were KC's "only one night" of partying after Caylee's disappearance, while the rest were from back on her 21st birthday. What an out-and-out distortion of the truth so blatant
as to make me feel queasy! In the interest of my own sanity, I refuse to empathize with anyone whose level of denial is so profound that it borders on a completely distorted version of reality.

Anyone who wants to understand the A family dynamics should read The People of the Lie (which is about the psychology of evil) by the psychiarist, M. Scott Peck, M.D., written during the 1980s, yet very
relevant to this case. (Peck also wrote The Road Less Traveled and other books.) I'd recommend People of the Lie to anyone who has any type working relationship with any of the A's.

Verité, thank you for bringing the book "People of the Lie" to our/my attention. I have been reading excerpts from it online. Must see if my library has a copy of it.

Interesting excerpt from "People of the Lie" describing Malignant Narcissism at below link.

http://www.geftakysassembly.com/Articles/Perspectives/MalignantNarcissism.htm

When CA talks about KC at Club Fusian and how it was "just the one time" (which I don't believe), what if it was just the one time? Who in their right mind would be out partying if their child was missing? Oh yeah, someone was paying her for the photographs for the club's marketing purposes? This sounds so bizarre and unbelievable. Who does she think will buy this garbage? I would for certain tell CA to seriously lose that story. It also fits so well with all text messages trying to get everyone out to the club to party. Geesh.

I'm confused. What is the purpose of the bears? If a child is missing, what good will a bear do? Perhaps if they have siblings they can give one to them, but really, I don't get it. And OMG, someone mentioned the picture of the bear hanging by a noose on KC's MySpace, Facebook, Photobucket, wherever it was, and now I can't get that image out of my mind when I think of those Anthony bears!

CA thought of this back in September 2008? How would a stuffed bear have help her? Truly, I don't get this at all. Is this the very best they could come up with?

I think CA got this brilliant idea by stealing it from the childrens hospitals. NOT quite the same thing CA!
ya know her being a nurse and all.

I'm confused. What is the purpose of the bears? If a child is missing, what good will a bear do? Perhaps if they have siblings they can give one to them, but really, I don't get it. And OMG, someone mentioned the picture of the bear hanging by a noose on KC's MySpace, Facebook, Photobucket, wherever it was, and now I can't get that image out of my mind when I think of those Anthony bears!

CA thought of this back in September 2008? How would a stuffed bear have help her? Truly, I don't get this at all. Is this the very best they could come up with?

I think they just want to give a toy or something to a child who has had something bad happen to them, to make them feel a little better, a lot of cities do this. It doesn't really have anything to do with missing children, though, unless after the child is found alive, they would give them a bear. But with the As, I think it is just to make them all look better to the public. I hate to be so cynical, I wish I could believe they are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts.

When CA talks about KC at Club Fusian and how it was "just the one time" (which I don't believe), what if it was just the one time? Who in their right mind would be out partying if their child was missing? Oh yeah, someone was paying her for the photographs for the club's marketing purposes? This sounds so bizarre and unbelievable. Who does she think will buy this garbage? I would for certain tell CA to seriously lose that story. It also fits so well with all text messages trying to get everyone out to the club to party. Geesh.

Spot on. If I were Larry King, I would have interrupted CA with "it appears to be more than one partying episode, but even if it was just one time, that's ONE TIME TOO MANY IF YOU'RE SICK TO DEATH ABOUT YOUR MISSING CHILD!!"

Just one time... *sheesh*.

Yeah, anyone with a head on their shoulders would tell CA to lose that story, or better yet, act like a grieving mother/grandmother and shed a tear and get off the airwaves.

Verité;3747433 said:

I really want to read that book,but I'm so afraid I'll start analyzing everyone and myself!
I have several adopted children,all with various issues.I can see that I've probably let things slide that I shouldn't have,and vow to be a better parent.I owe it to them to help them bcome responsible,caring adults.It so hard sometimes,but I think of the A's and stick to it. Watching them has helped me be a better parent,I hope.
On the other hand ,I am nothing like Cindy! LOL

I wholeheartedly support the suggested reading of "People of the Lie" by Peck. I read it when it was first published, it give amazing insight to these types of personalities.

Thanks. :blushing:

I know what you are saying about George and that is certainly the opinion of lots of people on the board.

My own opinion is that George is not a doormat at all. If George comes off as a helpless man it is because he has deliberately cultivated that position. In fact, he is a deeply lazy man who has sold his soul to the devil. He traded away the right to express his own opinions by choosing to team up with a woman who allows him to behave like a spoiled child. He gets to be unemployed, gamble away their savings (or otherwise lose all the family money - I don't buy the gambling) and be totally useless as a parental partner and essentially have a personal responsibility free life. He lies to his wife (by his own admission) and those lies btw are ones calculated to make himself appear less culpable. Just as much as Cindy is getting the feeling of power and control she craves George is getting the freedom to not grow up. He married himself a malignant mommy.

Casey learned so many of George's behaviors.

In fact I believe that Casey gets most of her explosive rage from George. Cindy's anger comes out as more of the slow, constant, poison drip. George threatens, bullies, explodes and gets physical.

If you combine Cindy and George you get a Casey.

Going back to the tv appearances - I've never seen anyone with as many tics and tells as George. His grimaces, that weird smile, the eye fluttering, the constant coffee cup touching, the inability to look anyone in the eye...The difference between George and Cindy is that George has a harder time denying to himself what he knows to be true. George is not as delusional as Cindy. George knows he is lying. Cindy believes her own BS half the time. He also is not as quick on his feet as Cindy. So George accidentally says true things whereas Cindy only says true things when she has talked herself into a circle.

All just my opinion of course!

Absolutely love your observation. Totally agree with your opinion. WELL SAID...Thank you!

There is a very simple reason that the A's talk so much.

They keep on talking so that they don't have to listen.

It's a classic coping mechanism for people who have secrets to hide, who have flaws they can't face, who are desperate to control the chaos (both without and within). They are frantically trying to quiet that nagging little voice in your head (you know the one that tells them Casey did it). They are trying to drown out that little voice.

It is also the "steam roller" technique. Defeat the other person by simply overwhelming them with noise. Talk louder, longer and faster than the other person and eventually you will win by wearing them out.

Many of Casey's friends have specifically pointed out how much she talks and we can see that for ourselves in the interviews. You can clearly see that both she and Cindy don't even seem to hear the questions they are being asked. They will often acknowledge unpleasant information (facts that contradict their position) with an "uh-huh" (Cindy) or an "Oh I know" (Casey) and then proceed to go directly back to whatever yarn they were spinning at the time.

Cindy put it best when she said "Just because it is said doesn't mean it means anything". So sadly true with the A's.

THAT IS exactly how those who do not listen operate! GREAT POST

Thanks. :blushing:

I know what you are saying about George and that is certainly the opinion of lots of people on the board.

My own opinion is that George is not a doormat at all. If George comes off as a helpless man it is because he has deliberately cultivated that position. In fact, he is a deeply lazy man who has sold his soul to the devil. He traded away the right to express his own opinions by choosing to team up with a woman who allows him to behave like a spoiled child. He gets to be unemployed, gamble away their savings (or otherwise lose all the family money - I don't buy the gambling) and be totally useless as a parental partner and essentially have a personal responsibility free life. He lies to his wife (by his own admission) and those lies btw are ones calculated to make himself appear less culpable. Just as much as Cindy is getting the feeling of power and control she craves George is getting the freedom to not grow up. He married himself a malignant mommy.

Casey learned so many of George's behaviors.

In fact I believe that Casey gets most of her explosive rage from George. Cindy's anger comes out as more of the slow, constant, poison drip. George threatens, bullies, explodes and gets physical.

If you combine Cindy and George you get a Casey.

Going back to the tv appearances - I've never seen anyone with as many tics and tells as George. His grimaces, that weird smile, the eye fluttering, the constant coffee cup touching, the inability to look anyone in the eye...The difference between George and Cindy is that George has a harder time denying to himself what he knows to be true. George is not as delusional as Cindy. George knows he is lying. Cindy believes her own BS half the time. He also is not as quick on his feet as Cindy. So George accidentally says true things whereas Cindy only says true things when she has talked herself into a circle.

All just my opinion of course!

I totally agree that GA is as big a part of this act as Cindy is.
It is always.... that the helpless, the sick end up controlling far more then the loud one. I can see the confusion though, IMO While Cindy is louder, GA is more manipulative.
He is doing it covertly and not overtly. There in lies their difference; Cindy has Freudian slips, while George is more contained.

Yes, politics 101. They test market their story, analyze it and, evolve it based on what works and what doesn't. Once they get something that works pretty good then they will stick with that as the 'official story' -- everything else being grief.

Also, the general public generally has a short-term memory, unlike WS'ers focused on the case so, as it gets close to KC's trial expect a media blitz based on the version that works. Many will be taken in by the revisionist version.

Just like conspiracy theorists, you preach your version of events and you will earn a following who may help you to spread the word. Some spread these theories not because they believe them but to take an opposing view to the masses and gain the notoriety for taking and defending that position.

Sad but true. It isn't about seeking the truth, far from it, it is all about painting a story that resonates with as many people as possible as being an alternative theory. Damage control, just like the use of the word 'tragedy' instead of 'murder'.

The SPIN starts here .......

SADLY you are right; For the Anthony's they have already lost two and now it is about their survival.
Since neither have a job, and neither will get a job....They are setting up a company for after the trial so that there survival is handled. :furious::furious:
CAYLEE is gone and forgotten :( :( :( :(

I totally agree that GA is as big a part of this act as Cindy is.
It is always.... that the helpless, the sick end up controlling far more then the loud one. I can see the confusion though, IMO While Cindy is louder, GA is more manipulative.
He is doing it covertly and not overtly. There in lies their difference; Cindy has Freudian slips, while George is more contained.

Hammer. Nail. Hit it.

At this point, IMO.. George is just as guilty in any obstruction of justice at worst... or obfuscation of truth at least.

When Cindy goes off the rails... and boy howdy, you know she will at any given moment... George steps up and diverts the attention.

It's like a bad Abbot and Costello routine.

I was unfortunately involved in a criminal case that was high profile, involved kidnapping, rape, and the perp fleeing through several different states in the south while he was an escaped prisoner. Myself and my family were invited to be on America's Most Wanted, stormed by the local media, (they found out and contacted my 76 year old grandmother) bless her heart, and some of the tabloid news shows. During this time both LE and the Prosecutors office advised me not to talk to anyone as it would hinder the prosecution of the case. The man that did these horrible things to me plea bargained to 4 life sentences. In my opinion the reason the A's are doing these interviews is not only for the $$ but to hinder LE and the SA office in prosecuting KC. I know that I feel that every time I hear CA tell a mis truth or a different story that I think it should help the prosecution but I could be wrong. Having been through a tragedy of my own and still reliving it many years later I can tell you for certain that the facts and your memory don't change. It is my belief that with every interview the A's schedule is there way of giving LE and the prosecutor the excuse my language "the Finger". What are the opinions of others and are the A's trying to do more than just obstruct justice?:furious:

Sdavidson11- May GOD 4 ever hold you in his embrace. :praying:
Thank God you have been saved and you have the courage to tell your story.

I want to tell you about a piece of work called Breath Work that is very healing.
Since the body is a blue print that hold in its memory all time and all space.
The breath is a purifier - you can release a lot more. (I know).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966