Witness tampering alleged

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the guy who was testifying and when his unit found out said if he testified he would be fired??

That could be it as I remember Cheney filing a motion or something about accusing JA of calling the Department of Defense instead of them calling JA first. He asked that it be looked into.

This is what I call jury tampering:

Making an opening statement that is so shocking & bizarre and KNOWING it is probably a lie and KNOWING that you will not put your client on the stand and KNOWING this is outrageous and accusatory and ruining an innocent person's life (doesn't matter). WIN at all costs! Put the picture in the jury's mind where they cannot get it out and bingo!

This is what I call jury tampering:

Making an opening statement that is so shocking & bizarre and KNOWING it is probably a lie and KNOWING that you will not put your client on the stand and KNOWING this is outrageous and accusatory and ruining an innocent person's life (doesn't matter). WIN at all costs! Put the picture in the jury's mind where they cannot get it out and bingo!

I agree 100%. There oughta be a law!

how about looking into 'jury tampering'?

Ya know, if they find evidence that proves there was witness tampering then they'd be dumb not to think there was possible jury tampering.

None of this will affect the verdict UNLESS it can be proven that Casey herself tampered, bribed, threatened, etc...her lawyers could end up in trouble, if they can be proven to have done any of those things, but again, unless it can be proven Casey did it, she will remain acquitted...

Will be interesting to see how JB and CM make out, however...I tend to think any threats came from the Anthonys though, IMO.

snip

The case is closed, but the witness tampering investigation involving an altered Texas Equusearch document that was in the possession of her defense team is ongoing.

"A defense team investigator having possession of something that could be a fabricated document. How far could it go, or don't you know yet?" reporter Kathi Belich asked Allen.

"We don't know. Obviously we'll follow up. Obviously there are still a number of people we will need to interview in regard to that and we hope to get to the bottom of that," said Allen.

This is what the witness tampering is about as explained at the press conference. Now if there are new allegations they were not spoken about yesterday. I think some media just hasn't followed the case enough to realize this is an old matter.

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/28521417/detail.html

how about looking into 'jury tampering'?

I'm with you on this and have already posted about it. I'd like to know more about the young juror with whom Casey was flirting, and if he's also the same juror that JB seemed to direct many of his comments to the jury. I wouldn't put it past either of them to have made contact with this young man with whom Casey was enamored. jmo

WOw, that is new to me?? Do we know who made it it? That is crazy!

Only thing I heard back then was that the call came from NYC and the A's were in NY for an appearance on GMA. However the phone call could not be verified as belonging to anyone. A batphone, maybe.... jmo

That could be it as I remember Cheney filing a motion or something about accusing JA of calling the Department of Defense instead of them calling JA first. He asked that it be looked into.

That isn't it. It's re: an altered Equusearch document.

I'm with you on this and have already posted about it. I'd like to know more about the young juror with whom Casey was flirting, and if he's also the same juror that JB seemed to direct many of his comments to the jury. I wouldn't put it past either of them to have made contact with this young man with whom Casey was enamored. jmo

jury foreman by any chance?

None of this will affect the verdict UNLESS it can be proven that Casey herself tampered, bribed, threatened, etc...her lawyers could end up in trouble, if they can be proven to have done any of those things, but again, unless it can be proven Casey did it, she will remain acquitted...

Will be interesting to see how JB and CM make out, however...I tend to think any threats came from the Anthonys though, IMO.

not true! the DT is acting in KC's behalf. This would mean she was not "in jeopardy" since the jury was already tainted so double jeopardy would not apply. verdict would be null and void and case can be retried. :)

IIRC it was the defense team that brought it to the attention of the court that this document may have been altered. So if its witness tampering, its not aimed at the defense, its possibly aimed at Texas Equisearch.

As always my entire post is my opinion only.

Ya know, if they find evidence that proves there was witness tampering then they'd be dumb not to think there was possible jury tampering.

well...i think there is AT LEAST circumstantial evidence there was witness AND jury tampering... what a farce... this would have made a great B-rated movie...

I agree 100%. There oughta be a law!

There's not a law but there is a court rule. It says opening statements are not evidence and should not be considered as such. The fact that the jury put weight behind it is on the jury, not the defense lawyer.

This investigation has been going on since LB was called to give her deposition regarding the altered TES form. HHJP asked the supervisor of the Dept of Defense to call him to clarify if the expert's testimony was against Defense Dept's policy. We heard that it is against their policy and they did, in fact, tell the man if he testified he would lose his job. He was suppose to ask if he had permission to testify which he did not do and chose to go on his own time but representing himself as a Department of Defense employee/expert. A big, big no no (for most private corporations must less a Federal department in the government). jmo

not true! the DT is acting in KC's behalf. This would mean she was not "in jeopardy" since the jury was already tainted so double jeopardy would not apply. verdict would be null and void and case can be retried. :)

Not so sure...this was asked on the legal thread last night and I believe it would have to be proven that they acted on her behalf with her prior knowledge and/or instructions...defendants can't be held responsible for what actions their lawyers take on their own.

Of course it will not change the verdict but it will cement even more the FACT that she got away with murder.

Not so sure...this was asked on the legal thread last night and I believe it would have to be proven that they acted on her behalf with her prior knowledge and/or instructions...defendants can't be held responsible for what actions their lawyers take on their own.

that is exactly the post I'm talking about. go back and re read it. :)

It still would not vacate the verdict...only if it could be proven that Casey herself paid or bribed a witness somehow. Even if JB did, for example, that could not be blamed on Casey, unless it could be proven he did so at her request or direction...(from legal thread). Casey won't be retried...

Just a question...We know that casey was paid around $200,000 for the photos / videos in 2008. Supposedly baez only got 90 some odd thousand from her and the rest went into her "trust fund". Do we know if that money is still available to casey ? If it is , then she would have had money to use for bribes...with baez help. It's such a shame that none of "her" money was ever truly accounted for.

Just checked! AZ clarifies it in post #894. I have hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257