WKMG - Homicide Charges Shortly, Grand Jury next week **MERGED THREADS**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the article:

The motion requests a list of any promises the state has made to any witnesses and any fees witnesses may be paid.

IMO, the state has something. One of the 82 witnesses has compelling information.

He is also trying to find out if anyone else involved in this or any illegal activities were given immunity.

I have a question regarding the GJ. Suppose that the prosecutor has a witness list of say 60 people. Is the GJ compelled to listen to all 60 witnesses, or can they, after listening to 20 of them, arrive at a conclusion and stop the presentation.

A spokesman for Casey Anthony's attorney would only respond by saying that if prosecutors are going to charge her with homicide, they should just do it and lay out the charges.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17656202/detail.html

Oh sure, lets give everything to JB right now.:biglaugh:

That is very interesting that a "spokesperson" for Baez is the one making statements and not him. Does Baez not know a capital crime has to go before a grand jury??? That is a strange statement.

Well I sure hope all the suckers who gave their hard-earned dollars to the *Find Caylee* Fund* (snort) aren't too upset when they discover they actually donated to the defense attorney for the oops! *Save GA and CA's asses fund*.

I don't feel sorry for anyone who threw away their money like that. Idiots. Sorry.

I have a question regarding the GJ. Suppose that the prosecutor has a witness list of say 60 people. Is the GJ compelled to listen to all 60 witnesses, or can they, after listening to 20 of them, arrive at a conclusion and stop the presentation.

In my state, they may stop at anytime they feel they have compelling evidence for an indictment.

A capital case will be very, very hard to win without a body.

Previous murder trials without bodies prove that not to be true anymore. There are so many ways with DNA and other things to prove the death without ever recovering the body.

We had one in our area a couple of years ago where the man was convicted with no body, and really no proof she was dead, but previous threats and circumstantial evidence. It took the jury 3 hours to find him guilty.

He did tell where the body was after being convicted and before sentencing to avoid the death penalty. They let him have a life sentence in exchange for him telling.

Thanks for the answer. I always wondered about that. I guess it can vary from state to state.

Most times the DA only releases what they feel will get the indictment and keep back as much as possible because the defense attorney gets copies of the GJ proceedings.

Well I sure hope all the suckers who gave their hard-earned dollars to the *Find Caylee* Fund* (snort) aren't too upset when they discover they actually donated to the defense attorney for the oops! *Save GA and CA's asses fund*.

I don't feel sorry for anyone who threw away their money like that. Idiots. Sorry.

I bet that dries up their little "find Caylee" well.

But they are only required to give that evidence if she has been charged right??

I don't know why my quote says whiteangora in your post. LOL And now your quote has my name. Something's whacky.

Yes, discovery only applies after she is charged. For this motion, discovery would only apply for the existing charges.

There is a news story listed today that says Baez is trying to argue that he has a right to discovery on murder charges since she's being tried in the public eye and media. But that's absolutely ridiculous. Maybe with that one he's hoping he can amuse the judge rather than actually get his motion approved. LOL

I was an only child and every winter my mother would take me to the most fabulous department store and buy me a new coat. After I had my children she never bought me another one.

I used to say that I ceased to exist. but I never ever resented my sons, I was never jealous. I was happy that I gifted my mother with the chance to have such wonderful love in her life and a bigger family.

When my son was born my mom knitted him the most beautiful Christmas stocking. I thought it was gorgeous. My brother, on the other hand, was completely jealous because *he* didn't get one. Big baby:D

I'm bringing this over again from the Yuri thread:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2791157#post2791157

Blink told me earlier she didn't mind :) and I agree with her that everyone should watch this. Take the tissues. But it's a reminder of why we should be, and are, ecstatic about next week.

Originally Posted by Blink34: Det. Melich makes the cut in this YouTube video created as a Thank You to OCSO and TES.

Warning, it will break your heart, again. Between the photo of Yuri standing in the backyard amongst the evidence tags, and the close up of my man-saint, Tim Miller, it is a 2 tissue minimum.

But watch it anyway, it is dedication personafied to Yuri, Tim Miller and TES, and everyone with them and on here searching for answers for Caylee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyMjA2XVRH4

ETA: Please give warm credit to it's creator, Lisa Zaccaro.

Will they present the evidence off the SHOVEL, SOIL SAMPLES, GAS CANS, BODY FLUIDS, etc. at the GJ?

Most likely if they think they need it. They will present as little as they feel they need for an indictment.

Is everything that is going to occur (interviews, information, etc.) in the Grand Jury hearing going to be released to the public or is it private?

Agreed. Hans Reiser convicted of Murder 1 (premed) in California in June/July this year for killing his wife, turned over body location for life in August. He also blew off the immunity/lesser charge deal from DA. He also thought he was very smart. Not. He is a coward though, as far as self esteem issues. His allocution still full of self-justification, IMHO.

They CAN do it without a body when it is evident that fluids that evince death are present. I have heard that weapon, witness, and motive (?) are the Holy Trinity of a murder case. For the defense, maybe. But what about means, opportunity, motive and obviously a dead person was in the trunk and A backyard.

: )

AND as another poster pointed out...this is case involving a child, not an adult gone missing. Adults can walk away.....have accidents where they are not found...not likely with toddlers.

GA -- imho. Maybe more than one.

After listening to GA's interviews and looking at some of the media clips...I think you may be right...

George is weak and going to cover his own tush "in the end." cough cough bad pun....:silenced:

I would love for a watchful reporter to see if George is interviewed seperately from Cindy in the next few days.

In his interview with LE he is almost straining to be helpful and "liked" by what he probably considers his "peers" as ex LE. I see a weakness here...he is only aggressive when near Cindy and dealing with the public.

I have to give mucho kudos to LE. They have hung in there with their heads held high and their goal in sight and mind. They want JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE...as we all do But they are more emotionally involved in this so this has to be a bittersweet event for all of them.
My opinion is like thousands of others- that Caylee is no longer alive and was killed on June 15-16th by her mother. I have thought about this case for so long now..so many thoughts dancing in my head..but in my heart of hearts, I believe Caylee was killed by Casey because Casey wanted to be FREE from her mom mainly and she knew that would never happen as long as Caylee was living. I think Casey killed Caylee out of pure spite and I also believe she planned it...revenge against her mom. Remember her words to Lee...."Maybe I am just a spiteful ." Those words speak so loud to me. This girl despised her mom...her mom ruined everything for her...her mom was beginning to listen to the therapist and do what she said to do to Casey....getting custody of Caylee was a plan for Cindy, I am sure..and Casey knew it and was not going to let her mom win. Isn't it so very evil to kill your own flesh and blood JUST so you can say and believe in your own distorted mind that, "I won." Casey took from Cindy what Cindy loved best..that was Caylee. The spiteful cant help but tell us that in her own words. Casey is a sociopath...there can be no real doubt about that. She's proved it to me for almost 3 months now..and that's just from what we know..there's much more that we are not privy to. I think she took Caylee from her parents home June 15th and gave her chloroform...enough to kill her....she had been reading up on this so she would know how much would be fatal to a small child. She is such a live from minute to minute type person that she didn't even plan on what she was going to do with Caylee's body until the car started to smell then she knew she had to dispose of Caylee's body...I think she buried Caylee somewhere close by....probably within 10 miles of where they live. I believe she will be found and I believe she will convicted in a court of law and I also think she will get the death penalty. Sopciopath's are not known to admit any wrong doing..so she's not likely to talk at all. She will just keep adding to and taking away from her stories and expect people to believe her. But a jury will not buy any of it. She will go down in history as the young heartless 22 year old mom that killed her daughter to spite her mom. All of this is just my opinion only.
No, it's not just your opinion, I'm in pretty much complete agreement with everything you posted! I also don't think for a moment she will commit suicide, she's far too narcissicistic for that! She will try to flee however, given the opportunity.

AND as another poster pointed out...this is case involving a child, not an adult gone missing. Adults can walk away.....have accidents where they are not found...not likely with toddlers.

That's what Hans Reiser tried to claim, that his wife had fled to Russia, turns out it was all just another of his lies, and one that the jury didn't buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal