WKMG - Homicide Charges Shortly, Grand Jury next week **MERGED THREADS**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Music to my ears!!!! KC is way over due for her time in jail! :dance::dance::dance:

So if a GJ is in the works how will that affect Friday's hearing? Surely they wouldn't grant her the right to roam now?

Any thoughts on what's going through Casey's head right now???

Arrogance, and "they'll never be able to prove a thing!" or....
Terror, "I really am going to prison for the rest of my life!"

I really hope cameras are allowed in the courtroom! Finally! I had a feeling this would be happening very soon. I also have a feeling that little Caylee will be found in the near future. Tim Miller will get it done like he says.

Now, if the Grand Jury does not think there is enough evidence to bring this case to trial, will the prosecution get another shot later if they find more evidence? Or is this all they get?

If they don't indict her, it means nothing. It can be taken before another GJ, back to that one later or they can just file the charges.

The college student who hacked Palin's email account "thought" he was out of the woods when the Chattanooga GJ didn't indict him, but he was indicted yesterday in Knoxville and went to jail.

snipped:

State seeks homicide charge against mom of missing caylee
3-year-old last seen in mid-june

posted: 3:18 pm edt october 8, 2008
updated: 3:59 pm edt october 8, 2008

orlando, fla. -- casey anthony may soon face homicide charges in connection to the disappearance of her missing 3-year-old daughter caylee, local 6 news reported.

:woohoo:

Now, if the Grand Jury does not think there is enough evidence to bring this case to trial, will the prosecution get another shot later if they find more evidence? Or is this all they get?

If the grand jury refuses to return an indictment, can the prosecutor come back and try again, or is that barred by double jeopardy?
Double jeopardy does not apply to the grand jury. In practice, however, it is uncommon for a prosecutor, having failed once, to try again without good reason. The Department of Justice requires the prosecutor to obtain permission of the Assistant Attorney General for the Criminal Division to present the case again.

http://www.abanet.org/media/faqjury.html

Good link with lots of easy to understand info about how a GJ works.

Well maybe something was found on those searches and thats one reason Tim and LP are coming back to Orlando, they might be testifying before the grand jury - too much of a coincidence

Good news. Maybe this farce the Anthony's have perpetrated will be over soon and Caylee will receive the justice she deserves.

The reporter stated that they didn't know specifically what charges yet (murder vs. manslaughter). OK, how exactly does a Grand Jury work? Is it just like a regular jury pool?
It's a special jury pool. They only hear the evidence AGAINST the person - it is to see if there's enough evidence to proceed.

th_wow7.gif

Let's hope the Grand Jury decides the evidence is sufficient to proceed and prosecute.:dance:​

Well maybe something was found on those searches and thats one reason Tim and LP are coming back to Orlando, they might be testifying before the grand jury - too much of a coincidence

I'm not sure if I buy this 100%, but Tim seemed a bit more reserved in the way he was answering questions about why he was returning this weekend. Perhaps he was trying to keep mum on the REAL reason?

It is my hope that there will be justice for Caylee. It looks like we're finally starting down that path.

And that is what it is ALL ABOUT! Justice for this Precious Child that will NEVER have a chance to grow up because IMO her mother tossed her out likes yesterdays garbage. I didn't think that I could be so Sad and so Happy at the same time.

Well the prosecutor now feels he/she has enough for charges, even without little Caylee's body. Thank God!

Excellent work, LE!

Justice for Caylee!

Maybe they do have it or at least parts of it.

Yippie! About time!!!!! Do you think she will cave and tell where the body is? That is if they don't already know?

:crossfingers: <----Here is hoping

:behindbar <----That KC is headed to prison and that

:partyguy: <----we can finally celebrate because

:takeabow: <---LE has done a wonderful job!

:Justice: is coming for little Caylee!

I'm sure Casey and her attorney already knew about this...maybe that's why Casey wants to be able to look for Caylee. Maybe she knows exactly where she is and she thinks it's time to bring her home before she goes to prison for murder. Hey, it's wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ifgchester