WM3 are guilty- Evidence.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is there some sort of time limit on presenting evidence?

I think it is quite clear now that the only way they will be exonerated is when the real killers are brought to justice. Since the WMPD and other local agencies aren't interested in finding the real child killers it will have to happen though other investigatory methods.

Is there a statute of limitations on Murder in Arkansas?

Echols claimed YEARS ago he had exculpatory evidence, and used that ruse to get a hearing for a new trial. It's been 5 years since they were released. You're telling me you believe he's just sitting on this evidence that would exonerate them, while he remains a convicted child murderer? You honestly believe that? The DA has said time and time again - our door is open - bring us new evidence. And even if they weren't open to it, would any innocent, sane person sit on evidence that would exonerate them and bring the real killer to justice? You and I both know that's not the case.

If he actually has exculpatory evidence, there's no need to wait for "other investigatory methods" to uncover what he already claimed to have. Come on now.

The plea was brought forth after a team of investigators and lawyers hired by Johnny Depp's publicist team informed Depp that they believed the WM3 were guilty based on the evidence they researched. They informed them that the only way out of prison was to take the Alford Plea. Depp talked to Echols and informed him of this - Echols took the plea.

Echols claimed YEARS ago he had exculpatory evidence, and used that ruse to get a hearing for a new trial. It's been 5 years since they were released. You're telling me you believe he's just sitting on this evidence that would exonerate them, while he remains a convicted child murderer? You honestly believe that? The DA has said time and time again - our door is open - bring us new evidence. And even if they weren't open to it, would any innocent, sane person sit on evidence that would exonerate them and bring the real killer to justice? You and I both know that's not the case.

If he actually has exculpatory evidence, there's no need to wait for "other investigatory methods" to uncover what he already claimed to have. Come on now.

The plea was brought forth after a team of investigators and lawyers hired by Johnny Depp's publicist team informed Depp that they believed the WM3 were guilty based on the evidence they researched. They informed them that the only way out of prison was to take the Alford Plea. Depp talked to Echols and informed him of this - Echols took the plea.

Your guess is as good as mine as to what the exculpatory evidence was. maybe it wasn't what they thought it was. Maybe it was a ruse. Who knows? But it says nothing about guilt or innocence. There is absolutely no evidence that has much probative value, that points to guilt. Nothing. Nada.
My money is on the 2 guys whose DNA was found at the crime scene along with a few helpers.
Have a look at Hobbs deposition in the Natalie Maines lawsuit. Compare it to his other statements. There is nobody in this case who has lied more than Terry Hobbs. And his DNA was at the crime scene. Shall I list the rest of the evidence against him?

There is absolutely no evidence that has much probative value, that points to guilt. Nothing. Nada.

You see, supporters that throw that line out have obviously lost the battle - that's what one says when they simply have zero argument and have given up. They just flat out deny the existence of evidence. However 2 separate juries, and the child killers themselves, by way of the Alford Plea, agree there was sufficient evidence - sufficient being an extremely conservative description. Complete denial of facts doesn't give you some kind of drop the mic I'm out of here HA! win. It's ridiculous. I thought you were more of a worthy adversary than that. But you just gave up by throwing out the trite, completely unfactual "there's zero evidence, suck on THAT!" line. I can at least respect a supporter who offers something worthwhile - but that...that's just sad. You completely deny the evidence exists against the WM3, but claim the smoking gun evidence is against Hobbs. However everyone knows, if there was any real evidence against Hobbs, he would be charged. But he never will be, and the WM3 admitted, by taking the Alford Plea, that there is enough evidence against them to convict them AGAIN. Even your heroes have admitted there is evidence powerful enough to keep them in prison.

But I guess I shouldn't expect more from someone who private messages me and demands to know "who I work for??", demands to know "who's feeding me this information??" and then tells me their suspicions of me being a "disinformation agent" (I had to google that one by the way - lol) have been "confirmed".

At first I thought you must be joking, but then I realized you were serious. That's pretty frightening. But kinda funny at the same time. I hope you work on getting that paranoia under control.

Your guess is as good as mine as to what the exculpatory evidence was.

There is no exculpatory evidence. No innocent person convicted of murdering children sits on exculpatory evidence for 5 years....and counting. But I think you know that.

There is nobody in this case who has lied more than Terry Hobbs.

This has got to be a joke. Echols lied on the stand over and over and over again. That was a HUGE part of his downfall.

You see, supporters that throw that line out have obviously lost the battle - that's what one says when they simply have zero argument and have given up. They just flat out deny the existence of evidence. However 2 separate juries, and the child killers themselves, by way of the Alford Plea, agree there was sufficient evidence - sufficient being an extremely conservative description. Complete denial of facts doesn't give you some kind of drop the mic I'm out of here HA! win. It's ridiculous. I thought you were more of a worthy adversary than that. But you just gave up by throwing out the trite, completely unfactual "there's zero evidence, suck on THAT!" line. I can at least respect a supporter who offers something worthwhile - but that...that's just sad. You completely deny the evidence exists against the WM3, but claim the smoking gun evidence is against Hobbs. However everyone knows, if there was any real evidence against Hobbs, he would be charged. But he never will be, and the WM3 admitted, by taking the Alford Plea, that there is enough evidence against them to convict them AGAIN. Even your heroes have admitted there is evidence powerful enough to keep them in prison.

But I guess I shouldn't expect more from someone who private messages me and demands to know "who I work for??", demands to know "who's feeding me this information??" and then tells me their suspicions of me being a "disinformation agent" (I had to google that one by the way - lol) have been "confirmed".

At first I thought you must be joking, but then I realized you were serious. That's pretty frightening. But kinda funny at the same time. I hope you work on getting that paranoia under control.

There is no exculpatory evidence. No innocent person convicted of murdering children sits on exculpatory evidence for 5 years....and counting. But I think you know that.

This has got to be a joke. Echols lied on the stand over and over and over again. That was a HUGE part of his downfall.

See, your whole post is extreme exaggerations if not outright lies.

Exaggeration/lies in ONE post:
1) 2 separate juries - making it seem like they were tried twice, nope 2 trials with 2 different sets of defendants.
2) The Alford Plea claim - making it seem like they admitted to guilt. NOPE, that is the whole point of the Alford plea - they maintain their innocence
3)"Zero evidence... suck on that?" - please reference where I made this statement - OUTRIGHT LIE
4)Completely deny evidence exists against WM3 - NOPE - again I said the evidence doesn't have much probative value. And it doesn't. Please list the "smoking gun evidence" against WM3
5)Where did I claim "smoking gun" evidence against Hobbs? To me the evidence more clearly points towards Hobbs
6) Heroes ??? Please .. could you be anymore disingenuous?
7) Did I "demand" who you work for? Or did I suggest you have "skin in the game" and/or being fed information from somewhere - WHICH YOU ADMITTED TO. I was right!
8) If you really think Hobbs hasn't been lieing through his teeth for 20+ yrs, you really need to re-read his statements and compare to his Natalie Maines deposition. Read about the witnesses who saw him with the boys at 6:30pm, INCLUDING Jacoby. Did he come within a few feet of the bodies or was he at least 100yds away during the searches... i could go on and on and on
But like I told you, we think in completely different ways. What you call facts are really just assumptions. You don't seem to believe LE and state officials are capable of dishonesty and corruption. My suggestion is we end this discussion now(as i have already tried to do). You go on believing the way you do and I will do the same.

Peace my brother.

Sorry My cousin was murdered in West Memphis , I know how they operate, I've never seen more barneyfifenesses :) in my life, my cousins murder never solved , in fact does anyone know how to look up the % of unsolved cases in WM ? Dogmatica I don't mean to be a smart a@@ but I've had a lot of experience begging them to look at the obvious, and I have been told , probably some ******** did it , by a WM Detective, it was a while back (1989) but every time I have dealt with them my stomach turns, my whole family there has had the same experience my Aunt and Uncle died without ever knowing what happened to Fred New Jr. their Son! and I cant get anywhere, I just think someone else (TH) got away with murder , I'm not alone and WM will never do any back peddling until those Old heads and their successors are outta there.

Sorry My cousin was murdered in West Memphis , I know how they operate, I've never seen more barneyfifenesses :) in my life, my cousins murder never solved , in fact does anyone know how to look up the % of unsolved cases in WM ? Dogmatica I don't mean to be a smart a@@ but I've had a lot of experience begging them to look at the obvious, and I have been told , probably some ******** did it , by a WM Detective, it was a while back (1989) but every time I have dealt with them my stomach turns, my whole family there has had the same experience my Aunt and Uncle died without ever knowing what happened to Fred New Jr. their Son! and I cant get anywhere, I just think someone else (TH) got away with murder , I'm not alone and WM will never do any back peddling until those Old heads and their successors are outta there.

I'm sorry for your loss, but this post has no bearing on this case.

See, your whole post is extreme exaggerations if not outright lies.

Exaggeration/lies in ONE post:
1) 2 separate juries - making it seem like they were tried twice, nope 2 trials with 2 different sets of defendants. – 2 separate juries convicted the WM3. Fact. This isn’t misleading anyone.
2) The Alford Plea claim - making it seem like they admitted to guilt. NOPE, that is the whole point of the Alford plea - they maintain their innocence. Alford Plea: the defendant admits that the evidence the prosecution has would be likely to persuade a judge or jury to find the defendant guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. They PLEAD GUILTY TO CHILD MURDER and admitted there was sufficient evidence to convict again.
3)"Zero evidence... suck on that?" - please reference where I made this statement - OUTRIGHT LIE – you did not actually say that – I was implying that’s what you were implying. Withdrawn.
4)Completely deny evidence exists against WM3 - NOPE - again I said the evidence doesn't have much probative value. And it doesn't. Please list the "smoking gun evidence" against WM3 – I do not need to list the evidence against the WM3 – it’s in the public record. It’s been posted on this site ad nauseam. It was used to convict them, and by taking the Alford Plea – they admitted it would convict them AGAIN should they get a new trial. The evidence against them is overwhelming, and Misskelley’s MULTIPLE confessions reinforce the power of the evidence.
5)Where did I claim "smoking gun" evidence against Hobbs? To me the evidence more clearly points towards Hobbs – semantics. You believe Hobbs did it – if you thought the evidence was anything less than a slam dunk, would you accuse a man of child murder? I would hope not…
6) Heroes ??? Please .. could you be anymore disingenuous? – I am absolutely sincere. Echols in particular is like a rock star to supporters. He literally has a fan club.
7) Did I "demand" who you work for? Or did I suggest you have "skin in the game" and/or being fed information from somewhere - WHICH YOU ADMITTED TO. I was right! – You wanted to know “who do I work for”, accused me of being “fed information” and said you now “have confirmation I’m a disinfo agent”. Regarding “admitting you were right” – after realizing you were serious, I was playing along, because it was so ridiculous, it became a joke. I was messing with you. Nobody has “fed me” anything, I don’t work for anyone involved with either side of this case, and I am not a “disinfo agent” (that one still cracks me up). You’re paranoid.
8) If you really think Hobbs hasn't been lieing through his teeth for 20+ yrs, you really need to re-read his statements and compare to his Natalie Maines deposition. Read about the witnesses who saw him with the boys at 6:30pm, INCLUDING Jacoby. Did he come within a few feet of the bodies or was he at least 100yds away during the searches... i could go on and on and on
But like I told you, we think in completely different ways. What you call facts are really just assumptions. You don't seem to believe LE and state officials are capable of dishonesty and corruption. My suggestion is we end this discussion now(as i have already tried to do). You go on believing the way you do and I will do the same. – I don’t think you understand the meaning of the words “facts” and “assumptions” if that’s your take away. Hobbs is not a viable suspect and never has been. He may very well be a terrible human being – but an easily explained hair that may or may not be his, and this “DNA evidence” (he’d be charged if any real DNA evidence implicating him existed) are NOT proof of anything.

Peace my brother.
Your belief, nay assertion that I’m some sort of “agent” working to frame the WM3 is very telling. It’s sad, but it’s revealing as to how you think. And your assertion that your “intuition” is more powerful than the actual facts in the case also tells me all I need to know. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to get back to my job as the receptionist at the Illuminati headquarters.

PS - I was joking about the Illuminati thing - I don't actually work for them, just in case you'll want to use that as further proof of my agency against the WM3.

First, as you know if you've read any of my posts, I am firmly convinced that the three are innocent. However, I will give you a list of the "evidence" that was presented in the trials:

In the Miskelley trial, the only real evidence was Jessie's "confession" which I believe (as do experts on false/coerced confessions) was coerced because of his suggestibility due to his limited mental ability.

In the Echols/Baldwin trial, the following was presented:

1) Against Echols, statements by a couple of tweens who claimed that they overheard a conversation at a softball game in which he admitted that he killed the little boys, was going to kill two more and then turn himself in. Damien doesn't remember making these statements, but even if he did, it is my opinion that it was typical of his behavior (wanting to say shocking things) and was a defense mechanism against the unacceptance that he felt from the community, even before these murders. Also, the two girls did not claim to be part of the conversation. They only claim that they overheard part of it. One of their mothers has since stated that she didn't believe that the statements were true.

2) Against Baldwin, a "jailhouse snitch" statement from another juvenile, Michael Carson, who claimed that Jason admitted to him that he committed the crimes. However, Carson's drug counselor (whose name I can never remember) told the defense that he (the counselor) told the facts of the case to Carson before Carson told his story to the police. Unfortunately, while allowing Carson to testify, Burnett disallowed his counselor's testimony at trial. Also, the Arkansas Department of Corrections officials on duty at the time stated that the two (Jason and Michael Carson) were not out of earshot long enough for such a conversation to have taken place.

3) Against both, fiber evidence. The fiber evidence was weak at best, and Davis (one of the prosecutors) admitted this to the parents and grandparents during a briefing between the trials. The fibers found could be linked to any of probably thousands of garments which could be purchased at the local Wal-mart. They were found to be "microscopically similar" to Jason's mom's bathrobe and a child's shirt found at Damien's residence (or was it Jason's?). The defense has been trying to get permission for a while to retest the fibers with newer methods which could provide more information. Burnett has denied that request, but I believe that when the evidentiary hearing was ordered, those fibers were sent for retesting.

4) A knife with a serrated blade which was found in the lake behind Jason's trailer home. This knife was not linked in any way to the crime in 1994. It was found about a month after the arrests and no evidence has been released that was found on the knife that would link it to the crime or to either of the defendants. Back in 1994, the theory was that a knife (with a serrated blade) was used to "castrate" Chris Byers. However, since then, several experts (although disagreeing on some points) examined autopsy photos and notes and concluded that the wounds originally attributed to the knife were actually caused by post mortem animal predation.

Additionally, according to an affidavit by Lloyd Warford, a lawyer, the jury foreman in the Echols/Baldwin trial discussed Jessie's "confession" during deliberations, and some jurors have indicated that the confession, which was ruled inadmissible at the Echols/Baldwin trial (because Jessie recanted and refused to testify against the other two), was the major reason they voted to convict. So, to answer your question about evidence in one word, none.

These boys were convicted because of "Satanic panic" along with the community's and the police department's need to punish someone for these horrendous murders. So, through the malicious machinations of a juvenile officer, the police zeroed in on Damien as the primary suspect, got a mentally challenged youth to "confess" (a story which BTW doesn't match the evidence) and fabricated a case against three poverty-stricken kids who did not have the finances to get proper council. Now, through many different groups, funds for proper council have been forthcoming and the result is that, finally, a new evidentiary hearing has been ordered. We still don't have a date, but most people "in the know" believe that it will be in March or April of this year. It has been suggested by Damien and his wife (and others) that new evidence will be presented at this hearing. All supporters are looking forward to the hearing, whenever it happens.

One last word, many non supporters point to "Exhibit 500" which is about Damien's mental health as proof that he is the guilty party. All the Exhibit shows (and you can read it for yourself on callahan) is that Damien was a troubled youth. He needed medication at the time. So do many kids today. No matter what mental condition Damien suffered from, his mental state simply doesn't prove that he committed these murders. To properly convict someone of murder, the police need to show motive, opportunity and evidence. The only motive they could find was Satanic ritual. Their expert was shown to have a mail order doctorate. No evidence of Satanic rituals was presented. The opportunity is not there as the three all had alibis. However, since the alibis were provided by family and/or friends, the prosecution chose to discount them. Unfortunately, the defense failed to subpoena phone records which could have confirmed Damien's alibi. It is possible that this failure was because the defense council was inexperienced. It is also possible that the prosecution or the WMPD misled the defense into believing that the phone records were unavailable. Either way, it is an unfortunate situation. The evidence situation has been discussed above. Please feel free to visit the callahan site (which is the depository of court documents) and read for yourself. You can also visit www.wm3.blackboard.com where an ongoing discussion of the trial is carried on by supporters seeking justice for six people, the three little boys killed and the three young men falsely imprisoned for the murders.

I have read posts for years by Compassionate Reader and I have yet to find someone who has such a firm grasp of the facts of this case as Compassionate Reader.

Dear Sloan7777,

Thank you so much for sharing this difficult and sad piece of information with us. Such a tragedy! I really feel for your Aunt and Uncle. It is so sad how many
people are affected by something horrible like this. I'm sorry you had to go through this - it must have been heartbreaking and frustrating. It shows how
much you cared for your cousin and your Aunt and Uncle.

I wanted to say that your posts are always compassionate and insightful. I have read them on
numerous threads and always look forward to reading them.

Speaking of reading - I have yet to read one positive article about the WMPD. It seems that once corruption is embedded within a police department,
integrity (as well as evidence !) flies out the window.

Your guess is as good as mine as to what the exculpatory evidence was. maybe it wasn't what they thought it was. Maybe it was a ruse. Who knows? But it says nothing about guilt or innocence. There is absolutely no evidence that has much probative value, that points to guilt. Nothing. Nada.
My money is on the 2 guys whose DNA was found at the crime scene along with a few helpers.
Have a look at Hobbs deposition in the Natalie Maines lawsuit. Compare it to his other statements. There is nobody in this case who has lied more than Terry Hobbs. And his DNA was at the crime scene. Shall I list the rest of the evidence against him?

Brilliant. Yes I am more concerned with DNA which was found at the discovery site. Who wouldn't be?

PS - I was joking about the Illuminati thing - I don't actually work for them, just in case you'll want to use that as further proof of my agency against the WM3.

illuminati? lol
Nope, just your average run of the mill southern "Old Boys' Club", manipulating and corrupting their way to higher and higher positions of authority.

And i will say it again one more time as well. The defence introduced the idea of an Alford Plea and the State in return, made the offer as only the State has the power to OFFER such a plea. They both wanted it. Obviously.

Right, so when supporters omit the fact the defense brought it to the table, completely on their own accord, it's disingenuous.

Great post. I've tried ad nauseum to explain this to supporters, but they don't want to hear it and always (I stress, always) try to turn the argument toward the new whipping boy, TH. I've stopped trying; it's just not worth the effort, honestly. Not blaming you for trying or anything, but that's just me.

The fact that the defense asked for the Alford plea alone completely disproves the fact that there was no evidence of guilt!

Right, so when supporters omit the fact the defense brought it to the table, completely on their own accord, it's disingenuous.

Who is omitting that fact? Who is being disingenuous?

And.. What in the world does this have to do with any evidence of the WM3 being innocent or guilty?

Answer me ONE question:

Why did the state let 3 so called child murderers out of prison(one on death row)?

Who is omitting that fact? Who is being disingenuous?

And.. What in the world does this have to do with any evidence of the WM3 being innocent or guilty?

Answer me ONE question:

Why did the state let 3 so called child murderers out of prison(one on death row)?

First of all, there are convicted child killers walking free right now. Killers DO get out of prison. Secondly - it was part of the deal. This case is unprecedented insofar as celebrity involvement, a movie that happened to catch on and thrust this into the spotlight (through manipulation and leaving out a HUGE amount of facts and the whole story), which turned into a money machine and there were several more movies made. This story became a giant machine - a giant money and media machine. The pressure on the DA was enormous - and a brand new DA with very little knowledge of the case was under huge pressure to do something. You have rabid fans of these child killers all over the world - some very threatening and dangerous - I've experienced it first hand. You have Echols fans threatening the lives of people who believe the WM3 are guilty.

But all of that aside - it is a myth that the US government would "never allow 3 child killers to walk free". It's more supporter BS rhetoric. Case in point - there's a man living about 2 hours away from me who was convicted in the 80's of raping and drowning a 5 year old girl. He currently is out on parole, working at a second hand store.

To claim that the DA agreed to the Alford Plea because they somehow know the WM3 are "innocent kids that were railroaded" is simply not true. In fact, the DA, when interviewed after the Aflord Plea was struck, said he in fact did believe the WM3 were guilty (which of course is how they plead, after all).

That being said, I was extremely disappointed with the decision to cop to the Alford Plea. I think they should have let them have a new trial, and be convicted again - which is exactly what the WM3 knew would happen if they had a new trial - hence them pleading guilty and worming out of having to actually produce this "exculpatory evidence".

First of all, there are convicted child killers walking free right now. Child killers DO get out of prison. Secondly - it was part of the deal. This case is unprecedented insofar as celebrity involvement, a movie that happened to catch on and thrust this into the spotlight (through manipulation and leaving out a HUGE amount of facts and the whole story), which turned into a money machine and there were several more movies made. This story became a giant machine - a giant money and media machine. The pressure on the DA was enormous - and a brand new DA with very little knowledge of the case was under huge pressure to do something. You have rabid fans of these child killers all over the world - some very threatening and dangerous - I've experienced it first hand. You have Echols fans threatening the lives of people who believe the WM3 are guilty.

But all of that aside - it is a myth that the US government would "never allow 3 child killers to walk free". It's more supporter BS rhetoric. Case in point - there's a man living about 2 hours away from me who was convicted in the 80's of raping and drowning a 5 year old girl. He currently is out on parole, working at a second hand store.

To claim that the DA agreed to the Alford Plea because they somehow know the WM3 are "innocent kids that were railroaded" is simply not true. In fact, the DA, when interviewed after the Aflord Plea was struck, said he in fact did believe the WM3 were guilty (which of course is how they plead, after all).

That being said, I was extremely disappointed with the decision to cop to the Alford Plea. I think they should have let them have a new trial, and be convicted again - which is exactly what the WM3 new would happen if they had a new trial - hence them pleading guilty and worming out of having to actually produce this "exculpatory evidence".

Let me get this straight. You are saying they let a child murderer on DEATH ROW out of prison due to "enormous pressure" .

Right.... Because it couldn't have had anything to do with the DA coming to the realization that this case was bungled from the beginning and he had a chance to save the state money and many government officials extreme public embarrassment?

Nope, your contention is that Death Row inmates can be release due to "pressure" on the DA. With all due respect my friend, That really is comical to me.

Let me get this straight. You are saying they let a child murderer on DEATH ROW out of prison due to "enormous pressure" .

Right.... Because it couldn't have had anything to do with the DA coming to the realization that this case was bungled from the beginning and he had a chance to save the state money and many government officials extreme public embarrassment?

Nope, your contention is that Death Row inmates can be release due to "pressure" on the DA. With all due respect my friend, That really is comical to me.

So they would never release a convicted child killer due to the pressure - but they would railroad and convict innocent teens for murder...due to pressure to pin it on someone. Ahh, the hypocrisy of convicted child killer supporters.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back