Would you breastfeed a puppy to save its life?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Would you breastfeed a puppy to save it's life?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well then if it saved his life then that's great. I don't see why it would be so bad to give it human milk.
But, like I said I would never actually breast feed it. I would pump then put it in a bottle for him. After my milk is pumped and my son didn't end up drinking it...I throw it out anyways.

Yes, the milk is not the issue for me! It's the breast in the mouth! I drink cows milk, but I don't suckle from the utter!!!

THAT IS THE STUPIDEST thing Ive ever heard. Go buy baby formula and a preemie baby nipple and bottle. Who the hello even thinks about breast feeding a dog?
:scared: :tantrum: :banghead:

I am pretty anti-formula for all species if it can be avoided, so as a lactating mom, I'd totally give expressed breast milk to a puppy. I wouldn't physically breastfeed it for a few reasons, not the least of which is those teeth.

My parents came into possession of two three-week-old kittens a couple years ago. I donated breast milk to them and they thrived.

Yes, the milk is not the issue for me! It's the breast in the mouth! I drink cows milk, but I don't suckle from the utter!!!

Ha! That would be udderly foolish!

:drumroll:

THAT IS THE STUPIDEST thing Ive ever heard. Go buy baby formula and a preemie baby nipple and bottle. Who the hello even thinks about breast feeding a dog?
:scared: :tantrum: :banghead:

The dog wouldn't drink out of a bottle.

For me the question is, would you stand there and let a puppy die before your eyes if you'd done EVERYTHING you could reasonably think of to do and this was a true last resort. In that case, would I? Idk, I don't see it occurring to me or being absolutely necessary, but maybe it was reasonable under the circumstances. I can tell you this, though. There'd be no pics of it on fb and I'd keep it under my hat, fo' sho' lol.

Just a personal aside. I once had a kitten with a suckling "disorder." Meaning she would nurse on anything, any time, anywhere. She would try to nurse my earlobes while I was sleeping, and even that made me feel like a freak lol

The dog wouldn't drink out of a bottle.

It's NOT hard to get a puppy to eat from a bottle. If she had taken the puppy to a vet before sticking her boob in it's mouth, she would know that. In no way, is her reaction normal. A normal and healthy reaction, is to seek medical attention. Not to breastfeed a canine.

Puppies can be force fed with a non needle syringe if they wont take a bottle.

I thought I would share that info so no one here ever really has to consider it.

This lady had the interweb she should have known too. or google could have shown her .

For me the question is, would you stand there and let a puppy die before your eyes if you'd done EVERYTHING you could reasonably think of to do and this was a true last resort. In that case, would I? Idk, I don't see it occurring to me or being absolutely necessary, but maybe it was reasonable under the circumstances. I can tell you this, though. There'd be no pics of it on fb and I'd keep it under my hat, fo' sho' lol.

Just a personal aside. I once had a kitten with a suckling "disorder." Meaning she would nurse on anything, any time, anywhere. She would try to nurse my earlobes while I was sleeping, and even that made me feel like a freak lol

:goodpost:

EVERYTHING, would include seeking help from a vet. In fact, the rest of the population would have done that first. In fact, any time a puppy is take in that SHOULD be the first thing that is done. Not to mention, a 5 second google search would have shown her how to feed the puppy easily.

EVERYTHING, would include seeking help from a vet. In fact, the rest of the population would have done that first. In fact, any time a puppy is take in that SHOULD be the first thing that is done. Not to mention, a 5 second google search would have shown her how to feed the puppy easily.

I don't think you can say you know that she didn't try everything. She also felt that time was of the essence. JMO

I don't see the big deal.
It's believed that's how dogs came to be our companions in the first place. It's believed wolf pups were breast fed.
That and the scraps of food ...that lured them in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My cat wasn't even a week old abandoned kitten when I got him.
I've bottle fed two week old motherless kittens previously. But this one ...didn't want the bottle at all! I ran from store to store & I bought every bottle made.
Thankfully he took to one or he would have died.
It's hard to watch something so tiny & helpless refuse nourishment.
I don't blame her one bit!

Some people can't afford a $200 vet bill.

Some people can't afford a $200 vet bill.

If you can't afford to take a dog to a vet, you can't afford a dog. Just about every rescue will take in a puppy.

I don't see the big deal.
It's believed that's how dogs came to be our companions in the first place. It's believed wolf pups were breast fed.
That and the scraps of food ...that lured them in the first place.

Truthfully, I am not trying to be argumentative. But, LOL...that's so so so not have it's believed dogs became to be companions. At all.

Granted, it's a bit weird (the weirdest part is posting it on FB I think) but if neither the dog or the owner are seriously traumatized and the dog is fine now, all's well that ends well imo.

In the extremely unlikely scenario where it was my only option to save the puppy, of course I would!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly
Back