Would you lie in court to save your child? CLOSED FOR REVIEW

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Would you lie to save your child's life?

• Yes

Votes: 100 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 261 47.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 191 34.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

No...Even if I did try to lie everybody and their dog would know I'm telling a string of lies.

I've asked friends if they would lie for their kids....1/2 would and 1/2 would not..

I would not lie, for my child in court for a crime they committed...they need to be accountable. period.

At the end of the day I would have to live with myself for lying. The guilt would consume me. I would rather live with the loss, then live with a lie.

Vinnie Politan (on HNL) just stated that Cindy's testimony over the Chloroform searches is a "game changer" for this case! Also, they asked their law analyst if he believed Cindy's testimony and his opinion was "No, I don't buy her story and this now leads to an issue of credibility".

For sure, Cindy's testimony has started a firestorm, today!

I just want justice for little Caylee!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a tuffy. I've always taught my boys that to lie is wrong & if you lie, you have to pay the consequences if you get caught. I also taught them that if this should happen you'd have to stand up for what you did & so, I don't think they would let me lie for them because of that...

I absolutely would not want them to die but if their actions were from killing my grandchild, I really don't know how I'd feel... Taking the blame for them would go against everything I've always stood for so, what am I showing them now? that in certain situations it's OK? that the biggest mistake you made in your life was wrong but I'm gonna go against everything I've ever taught you and save your azz once again? that no matter what you do, mommy will always make it better, even if it's taking the life of a precious child.....

If ICA gets off because of what CA did today, God knows what she'll try to get by with the rest of her life.

you must think of this going in both directions. If you said yes you would lie to save your childs life if they committed a horrible murder of an innocent person, then it says you do not value anyone elses life but your own and your dysfunctional child you raised.

It says you could care less whether I am alive or dead, only you and your family, even if I am innocent and your child is a monster.

Turn that table around and lets assume my Bad Seed child viciously stabbed your innocent child to death, LOOK at your child and think of that, your child is now in a pool of blood, stabbed and torn apart until that last bit of life drained out of them.

I would NEVER forgive my child for doing that to your child and you and your entire family and all of their friends and the people who's lives your child touched.. Your innocent child.

I would get on the stand and only speak the truth and nothing less. I would love my child and have to live with the guilt they hurt someone else so beyond repair. But I would not make it worse by lying and ENABLING my dysfunctional son or daughter. There would be no reason to

I believe that we as parents need to set examples for our children. I think we may be getting a glimpse of the examples that were set for ICA. I love my dd beyond words, but I feel I would not be a good parent by lying for her so I voted no.

you must think of this going in both directions. If you said yes you would lie to save your childs life if they committed a horrible murder of an innocent person, then it says you do not value anyone elses life but your own and your dysfunctional child you raised.

It says you could care less whether I am alive or dead, only you and your family, even if I am innocent and your child is a monster.

Turn that table around and lets assume my Bad Seed child viciously stabbed your innocent child to death, LOOK at your child and think of that, your child is now in a pool of blood, stabbed and torn apart until that last bit of life drained out of them.

I would NEVER forgive my child for doing that to your child and you and your entire family and all of their friends and the people who's lives your child touched.. Your innocent child.

I would get on the stand and only speak the truth and nothing less. I would love my child and have to live with the guilt they hurt someone else so beyond repair. But I would not make it worse by lying and ENABLING my dysfunctional son or daughter. There would be no reason to

thank you, thank you, thank you, I have been reading and rereading this thread trying to think of how to say what I feel without getting a TO or worse, and you just did it beautifully.

But if your lie meant between LWOP versus DP, you would be ok with your child getting the DP? I don't think anyone can answer this question unless they are in that situation...JMO

No...Even if I did try to lie everybody and their dog would know I'm telling a string of lies.

Same here.

Would I drop to my knees and beg for my child's life? Yes.
Would I threaten to take my own life for the sake of my child? Yes.
Would I jump in front of an on coming train to save my child? Yes.

Would I lie and cover for their wrong doings...No, I wouldn't. All I can do is forgive them.

I have always been one of those harda%% mothers who makes their kids apologize when they wrong someone.I don't care if it makes them feel humiliated. If I catch them in a lie, I call them on it right away. If my kids are wrong they take their lumps, if they are right I will fight like h^ll for them. So I wouldn't lie for my child. Esp if my child was an adult who had done something to hurt my grandchild.

But if your lie meant between LWOP versus DP, you would be ok with your child getting the DP? I don't think anyone can answer this question unless they are in that situation...JMO

I won't LIE, period. If a jury votes to give my child that murdered an innocent person the DP then I live with that.

But the ONLY person that matters here is the innocent person that was killed. That is what the trial is.

Would I like to see my child get the DP.. God no! And would I beg MY child to have confessed LONG ago so that would not have been an option, HELL yes.

I would venture to guess most of us could have gotten our child to just spill the truth, MAKE a deal to save their life.

i think this is an unusual case as she will not tell the truth (not even about what brand of toilet paper she uses to wipe her bottom) God I have never seen anyone lie about the most stupid things. Something is wrong with her.

I happen to be a bit anti death-penalty. I "could" do it, but I think they suffer a lot more sitting in a cell for 60 years.

But again, I won't lie. I would beg for their life.. I would be honest (for goodness sakes, If i was on a stand, i am a bad liar... if you ask me a question and I feel i need to lie I probably burst into a giggle.. I really am not good, so long ago, probably age 4, I gave up lying for lent)

Cindy is back to her old self. I would not lie.

Cindy: "yes, I have a flex schedule and um, yes, now that you ask me, I do re-call searching neck-breaking. Yes, yes I did. I was at work attending to a patient and decided to get my keys and go home and search Internal Injuries and then Chloroform and of course Chlorophyll. Once I printed out "How to make chloroform in your kitchen" I searched spleen injury and hot body contest. Then I went back to work and finished giving that sponge bath when I suddenly realized I forgot something, so I got my keys again, I hate when I do that, I got home and then searched google for Henkel Duct Tape and vintage red gas cans, then sir, I returned to work and changed more adult diapers"

So funny! :floorlaugh:

I am a mother of 4......I have taught all 4 of them not to lie and that I will go to bat for them AS LONG AS they are telling me the truth and the whole truth......I have gone to bat many times, against teachers, principals, coaches, etc.....I would NOT lie for my child, and all 4 of them know this....

These people didn't lie to save their child's life, they obstructed justice in every way they could and in doing so, they "threw" their grand-daughter out the same way her mother did.

moo

It depends on the circumstances. If the circumstances were like this trial, then I would definitely not lie to save my child. Probably anything else would go though except murder or rape....drug charges, theft, etc. would be a diff. story. Then again my children are only 5 and 3 so it's hard to imagine them being in that situation.

I would lie in court to save my son's life. I would do anything to save his life...anything at all.

i know it's your child, but if your child was:

torturing, raping, and murdering babies and little kids?
taking and selling child *advertiser censored*?
abusing his own child?
murdered his own child?

what have you done by saving his life - if he was that kind of person?

u say 'anything at all'.... would you admit to being a party to abusing your grandchild, partaking in the *advertiser censored* and murder of another child, taking the blame off your child?

if so, u are then saying it is ok for all that misery to be perpetrated on another innocent child or person, if it is my own child doing it, and that those other innocent children and victims don't count; only mine.

sounds sad and selfish to me.

and yes, i'm a parent, with a son.

i would hope that if i believed my child was guilty of a heinous crime such as murder, i would not lie for him or her. i would prefer for that justice to come in this lifetime. but i answered i don't know because the question is too broad based for me to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NVWoman