DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Would you tighten a noose around the neck of your child

• Yes, but only to stay out of jail

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, only if I knew she was already dead.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Are you out of your mind? No way.

Votes: 143 95.3%

• Total voters
It's what makes me think she isn't too much interested in the questions. She knew what they were leading to - "Hey guess what? We found fibers on the body 'consistent' with the coat you were wearing. Or was it a sweater. Or maybe a pea jacket. Well, no matter, whatever you were wearing, we found them ole incriminating fibers there"

I don't think she knew that, if her reaction to the revelation was anything to judge by.

If they are innocent it was obvious to them that the LE interviews are just a waste of time and they knew very well that they are the target so I guess that's why the attitude.

Reminds me of the PR/JR/ST larry king show.
ST was shouting and PR's attitude was something like "you have no idea how it really happened",she wasn't angry but seemed even bored by ST's ramblings.That's when I started to think that the bed-wetting theory is bs.Judging by PR's behaviour/reactions ST was farrrrrrrrr away from the truth.

IMO

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. That particular Larry King show started me on the path to the dark side.

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. That particular Larry King show started me on the path to the dark side.

Leave the dark side behind.
Turn around.
Look towards the light.
Let your eyes adjust.
See how welcoming it is.
See the sky.
See the grass.
See the trees.
Look how far you can see.
Feel the warmth.
Look at the colours.
Notice the light and shade.
Take a step forward, then another.
Step into the light.
Look all around.
The darkness is behind you.
Don't look back.
You are free.

Quote:
Mastermind;5298838]In regards to original post.

1. any cover-up of the crime is going to involve doing something unpleasant to Jon Benet's body.
They could have called the cops, like they did in when they found the note.

I'm glad you brought this point up.

Think about how different the course of events would be if the body was found along with the letter?

Think about how important it is that the 911 call mention only the ransom note and not Jonbenet's whereabouts.

Quote:

1. any cover-up of the crime is going to involve doing something unpleasant to Jon Benet's body.
I'm glad you brought this point up.

Think about how different the course of events would be if the body was found along with the letter?

Think about how important it is that the 911 call mention only the ransom note and not Jonbenet's whereabouts.

Is it just me Mastermind, or do you keep answering your own posts??

Quote:

Is it just me Mastermind, or do you keep answering your own posts??

MF, are you a detective in the world outside of cyberspace?

YGG

I have spent very little time on this board, but have been interested in this case since day 1, my daughter was born that year and so it hit close to home, with her only being a couple of months old.

I haven't yet read this whole thread, but my first instinct was to not answer! But I answered no, I just don't think I could do it, no matter what.

"Would you pull a cord deeply into your daughter's neck, believing she might dead, to cover-up evidence you just killed your her, accidentally?"

I can't answer that question, so I didn't vote in the poll.

For a couple of reasons

1. I have never been in the position where I accidently or intentionally killed my child or any child, or any other human being as a matter of fact. (FWIW, I don't believe that JBR was accidently killed).

2. Going with the question "believing she might be dead" well if she wasn't at the time of the alleged accident she sure would be if I tightened a cord around her throat, and if she died as a result of the cord, then it's murder. JMHO.

"Would you pull a cord deeply into your daughter's neck, believing she might dead, to cover-up evidence you just killed your her, accidentally?"

WHITEFANG,

Only if you think she is dead? Does this mean the cord puller did not kill JonBenet so is acting in ignorance, or is it a joint action?

Burke may have killed JonBenet in a fit of jealousy, then John and Patsy could have staged the wine-cellar to become the scene of a seriously violent crime. Then realized this might not work so cooked up a ransom note, hoping to buy time and flee by plane interstate and beyond Colorado's immediate legal jurisdiction?

I think in murder cases, all states extradite suspects. Fleeing to another state would not have protected them. They'd have had to leave the country.

I think in murder cases, all states extradite suspects. Fleeing to another state would not have protected them. They'd have had to leave the country.

You can't tell me that idea never crossed their minds.

DeeDee249,

I agree, but they would have evaded preliminary due process, and then had the choice to fly to South America or where ever.

This was probably John's Plan-B, it was him who orchestrated the negotiations to fly out of Colorado. Why plan all this when your daughter lies dead in the wine-cellar?

The Ransom Note and fleeing interstate by plane were most likely John's Plan-B. He knew the discovery of JonBenet's body alone would cast immediate suspicion on family members with arrest likely. Time was required to make it to the plane and flee. Blaming Patsy means he would have to stay and give evidence.

You can't tell me that idea never crossed their minds.

Oh, I am sure it did! Had they been able to get outta Dodge that day when JR tried to, I bet the first thing they'd have done was charter a private plane out of the country.

I'd put a noose around my own neck if I even considered putting one around my child's.

Interesting that the overwhelming majority would not pull a cord round their own child's neck, yet those who are RDI are quite prepared to accept that these parents did it to their child. it's more likely to be an intruder than a parent.

Interesting that the overwhelming majority would not pull a cord round their own child's neck, yet those who are RDI are quite prepared to accept that these parents did it to their child. it's more likely to be an intruder than a parent.

I wouldn't want to compare this case to other well known ones, but sometimes people do an unthinkable thing. 99.99999% people would never harm their child - but theirs always the odd few that do/have done

Not at all. One has only to look at the news to see that parents can and do commit terrible acts against their children.

This crime has all the earmarks of parental involvement, from the bogus RN in Patsy's hand, to the wrapping and redressing of the body (which no intruder would take the time or effort to do) to the stonewalling of the investigation.
The FBI, there early that morning, said it first and so simply. "Look to the parents. You're going to be finding her body".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back