Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uu
This article was written by Joan Kron, a writer who has previously written articles on behalf of Jonah Shacknai via his Medicis products.

Thus IMO it is a puff piece basically written by Jonah Shacknai. ANYONE can put out an article and this one was self-serving. This is only one of many articles which illustrates the power that JS wielded in not only framing Max's death but Rebecca's death as well. To me it was so transparent what effect it was going after and it is frankly embarrassing to his stature.

This very article was one of the reasons that I hurdled off the fence and landed onto the Zahau side. Power, politics, influence. Pretty obvious. While I appreciate the attempt to sway the masses (and there were many to be swayed), it was done so poorly I would have fired my PR team.

JMO of course.

I disagree with you there. And I think it is irresponsible to accuse a writer for a national magazine of purposely writing a false article - with no links to back it up. But everyone is free to their opinion.

Personally, I will always believe a national magazine, with sources, over internet rumors.

I did not find the article "transparent" at all, indeed, I found it to be a refreshing dose of truth after all of the lies and rumors spread by the Zahau camp.

JMO

snipped for brevity. It doesn't mean that the 13 year old, which you seem to want to place blame on, was lying. Both she and Rebecca may have not seen exactly who was where at any point in time. But why do you think that Jonah had his writer put out this very detailed account? Hmmmmm.........

Hmmmmmmm.....because it was TRUE.

ES and GS left between 6 and 7 that morning. THAT is confirmed by mainstream media in the Newsweek story.

The older Shacknai kids would have said their goodbyes to XZ and Rebecca the night before, perhaps having a special dinner to mark the occaision, but certainly as they packed up and got ready for the early morning flight.

XZ would know this and would have told LE that if she was questioned about it. If anyone believes that XZ did not know that ES and GS were leaving early that morning, I have a nice bridge I'd like to sell them.

It is not me placing blame on XZ. It is the posters in the Zahau camp that keep implying XZ was lying to medical personnel and law enforcement about who was there while a little boy lay dying that are doing that.

JMO

What I got from reading that article in newsweek is that there is A TON of spin on part of Romanos. How did Dina suddenly become a "psychologist" when she never was licensed? GMAB

OTOH, the article does explicitly state that Jonah met Rebecca several months after he separated from BK Dina and that Jonah and Dina had a TURBULENT, VIOLENT marriage replete with CHOKINGS, ASSAULTS, etc. and police reports of continual DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, in contrast to Jonah's TRANQUIL relationship with Rebecca.

"Zahau had met Shacknai at the eye clinic where she worked when he went in for an eye checkup in 2009, several months after his separation from Max’s mother, Dina."

"By all accounts, the Shacknais’ relationship had been a turbulent one. Shortly after Zahau’s death made the news, Paradise Valley, Ariz., police records surfaced, detailing three visits to the Shacknais’ for domestic disputes: Dina claimed Jonah’s German shepherd had attacked her repeatedly and that Jonah had elbowed her in the breast; Jonah claimed he’d been assaulted several times by Dina and that she had once tried to choke him. "

"In contrast to his life with Dina, Shacknai told a friend his relationship with Zahau was the most tranquil he had ever known; in all their time together they argued only once.”

LINK: http://www.newsweek.com/what-really-happened-coronado-mansion-67411

I think only witnesses can be deposed in the discovery process. Dina and Nina both contend they were never near the premises at the time of RZ's death. Perhaps one of the lawyers here will weigh in.

JMO

Your statement must be false because Neil Nalepa and Yahoo Inc, for instance, were definitely NOT witnesses to Rebecca's murder. So why would/should they be deposed given your justification for why Dina and Nina -- two DEFENDANTS in the WDS -- are not? Besides that Adam Shacknai has already been deposed so that wholly contradicts your contention that only witnesses and not defendants who deny they were at the crime scene (although Nina actually admitted to CBS8 and presumably to police to being present at Spreckels that night when Rebecca was heinously murdered) so there goes your theory.

Just found this at http://www.uscourts.gov/forms/notic...oena/subpoena-testify-deposition-civil-action .

According to "Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 45 (c), (d), (e), and (g) (Effective 12/1/13)
(c) Place of Compliance.
(1) For a Trial, Hearing, or Deposition. A subpoena may command a
person to attend a trial, hearing, or deposition only as follows:
(A) within 100 miles of where the person resides, is employed, or
regularly transacts business in person; or
(B) within the state where the person resides, is employed, or regularly
transacts business in person, if the person
(i) is a party or a party’s officer
; or
(ii) is commanded to attend a trial and would not incur substantial
expense."

So depositions are given to PARTY in the suit. What's your theory now for why Dina and Nina vehemently refuse to be deposed?

Your statement must be false because Neil Nalepa and Yahoo Inc, for instance, were definitely NOT witnesses to Rebecca's murder. So why would/should they be deposed given your justification for why Dina and Nina -- two DEFENDANTS in the WDS -- are not? Besides that Adam Shacknai has already been deposed so that wholly contradicts your contention that only witnesses and not defendants who deny they were at the crime scene (although Nina actually admitted to CBS8 and presumably to police to being present at Spreckels that night when Rebecca was heinously murdered) so there goes your theory.

Just found this at http://www.uscourts.gov/forms/notic...oena/subpoena-testify-deposition-civil-action .

According to "Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 45 (c), (d), (e), and (g) (Effective 12/1/13)
(c) Place of Compliance.
(1) For a Trial, Hearing, or Deposition. A subpoena may command a
person to attend a trial, hearing, or deposition only as follows:
(A) within 100 miles of where the person resides, is employed, or
regularly transacts business in person; or
(B) within the state where the person resides, is employed, or regularly
transacts business in person, if the person
(i) is a party or a party’s officer
; or
(ii) is commanded to attend a trial and would not incur substantial
expense."

So depositions are given to PARTY in the suit. What's your theory now for why Dina and Nina vehemently refuse to be deposed?[/QUO

Uh, my theory hasn't changed. Defendants actually get to testify in suits against them.
Do try to get yourself under control. You are incredibly rude.

Just found this from 7/15/2011 - the first time Mary Zahau spoke to the media (one would think she would be grieving for the sister she supposedly loved so much instead.)

"Adam Shacknai is thought to be the only person home, and may have been the last person to see her alive, Investigators said.

Mary Zahau-Loehner says she too believes that Adam Shacknai was the only other person in the house at the time.

He (Jonah) is grief stricken, Zahau-Loehner told ABC news."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mysterious-rebecca-zahau-mansion-death-devastates-family/story?id=14080327

Sure do hope that Dina and Nina's lawyers use this one! This is PROOF that Mary KNOWS her case is fradulent - how disgusting that she would stoop so low to make money.

Funny how Mary's tune quickly changed as soon as Anne Bremner put the gleam of big cash payouts in her eyes!

JMO

snipped

"In contrast to his life with Dina, Shacknai told a friend his relationship with Zahau was the most tranquil he had ever known; in all their time together they argued only once.”

LINK: http://www.newsweek.com/what-really-happened-coronado-mansion-67411

Funny how you say there is a TON of spin in that article, yet you believe everything said about Rebecca because it is all positive.

They may have been very happy together and seldom arguing, until the day his precious son Max had his fatal "accident" while under the supervision of Rebecca Zahau. I sure bet they had an arguement that day, and I still believe he asked her to move out of the mansion in the message he left the night of her suicide.

JMO

Does anyone remember this article from Forbes on 9/25/2011? The author, Victoria Pynchon, included a paragraph at the end of the article that I will never forget. In my opinion, Jonah's PR firm Sitrick and Company were everywhere.

Money, Mystery, Murder(?) in Spreckels Mansion Case

Why It’s Personal

I also write because Mr. Shacknai’s PR firm – Sitrick and Company - took the trouble to view my profile on LinkedIn after I posted Cathy Scott’s first article on the Zahau death. I didn’t like that, particularly because they weren’t simply looking for contact information, not having bothered to contact me.

It felt creepy. I don’t expect anything like it to ever happen again.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/shenego...y-mystery-murder-in-spreckels-mansion-case/2/

Does anyone remember this article from Forbes on 9/25/2011? The author, Victoria Pynchon, included a paragraph at the end of the article that I will never forget. In my opinion, Jonah's PR firm Sitrick and Company were everywhere.

Yes I do. My reaction is that PR firms go out of their way to make subtle and explicit threats to people and parties whom they perceive to be a threat to the company they represent...

So anyone mentioned in any PR-produced articles are being threatened by PR firm to keep mute and/or agree with their published info. The implicit threats they hold over the parties is this: "GAG YOURSELF and AGREE TO WHAT IS WRITTEN OR ELSE..." without articulating specifics so as to avoid potential litigation in court for assault (aka threat of harm to another).

Funny how you say there is a TON of spin in that article, yet you believe everything said about Rebecca because it is all positive.

They may have been very happy together and seldom arguing, until the day his precious son Max had his fatal "accident" while under the supervision of Rebecca Zahau. I sure bet they had an arguement that day, and I still believe he asked her to move out of the mansion in the message he left the night of her suicide.

JMO

Funny how you believe the ME's statement about suicide with respect to Rebecca's "violent, suspicious death" but disbelieve vehemently the ME ruling that Max's death was an accident.

I strenuously am convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that your opinion that Jonah had an argument that day in question and that he suddenly became this vicious creep who would force the "tranquil Rebecca" and newfound love/joy of his life without Dina to move out is groundless and without merit or validity. The article states they had only ONE argument the whole time Jonah was with Rebecca so your opinion is baseless. Why Jonah's whole disposition would change so abruptly and in contrary to how he's always behaved with Rebecca makes zero sense.

Even the "psychologist" Dina should know that: PAST BEHAVIORS predict FUTURE BEHAVIORS.

JMO
I think you may be correct in your speculation that he asked RZ to move out. Not understanding what truly happened. And someone or more than one person made sure that she permanently did leave the property. Now, justice will be served!

From everything we know about Jonah Shacknai, he loved his children more than anything in the world, and IMO, certainly more than he loved a girlfirend of just 2 years. When Dr. Peterson at Radys said the injuries were NOT CONSISTANT with ANY of the various stories Rebecca gave, and was reporting it to Child Protective Services, you can bet your sweet bippie that things were NOT tranquel between Jonah and Rebecca. What was it the therapist that Jonah saw when divorcing Kim said? That he had ANGER issues, but it was CLEAR her loved his children DEARLY. JMO

The chairman and chief executive of Medicis Pharmaceutical Corp. spent long hours at work, she said. During their honeymoon he'd asked his wife whether he had made a mistake, according to court records. A psychologist who evaluated the couple during the divorce to help determine custody said he thought Shacknai had been defensive and might have had some unresolved anger issues.

But, wrote the psychologist, "It was quite apparent to me that his children are most important to him and he loves them dearly.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jul/25/local/la-me-jonah-shacknai-20110725

Surely you are not serious.

How about we talk about something relevent to this thread...like the lack of evidence the Zahaus' have and how much evidence proves Rebecca Zahau committed suicide?

Thanks for the info. I agree, her actions were tasteless. I think that is what attracted me to follow this case. It seemed that Ms. Bremner entertained the false hope that JS would dip into his pockets and pay the family and her to shut them up and instead, he had one of Chicago's top lawyers send her a cease and desist letter. Bravo to him.

Last week I was up late caring for my ill grandbaby and I discovered my daughter is a fan of Dr. Phil. I pulled up a DVR program that is very similar to this case except that the family does accept the ME's determination of suicide and it is complete strangers insisting it is murder.

The program featured the mother of a young girl named Becca, a victim of bullying who had committed suicide by leaping from a tall tower. A complete stranger, also named Rebecca, had taken it upon herself to launch a facebook campaign that accuses the older sister and the mother of Becca's murder.

The woman was on the show and her excuse was that she just wanted "justice" for the child. Her accusations and harassing behavior toward a clearly grieving family were disgusting and the audience let her know. The mother's attorney was on stage and remained totally silent. I'm betting a lawsuit for slander will be filed. Dr. Phil ended the program by announcing a generous donation to the family's foundation dedicated to stopping bullying.

JMO

First of all, hope your precious grandbaby is feeling better, MyBelle!

Wow, what a crazy story with so many paralells to this one. Amazing what internet trolls can get away with these days. This Becca had a "vision" it was murder, much like many posters here just had a "feeling" it was not suicide, despite what all the evidence says. Sad that innocent grieving families can be harrassed this way.

Tricia says she is being harassed online by a stranger who happens to share the same name as her deceased daughter. Tricia says this stranger has falsely accused Tricia’s 20-year-old daughter of killing Becca and Tricia of then covering it up.

"She feels an affinity with my daughter because they share the same name, Rebecca Ann, and she's also claimed to have a vision in her head of what happened that day," explains Tricia, claiming that Rebecca Ann has waged an online campaign against her family, including, Tricia says, accusations of murder from numerous strangers who have joined Rebecca Ann’s online groups.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/05/mom-says-she-is-harassed-online_n_7218538.html

According to Tricia, Rebecca Ann has been harassing not just her, but her whole family, including her teenage son. Tricia apparently hoped that taking this confrontation to the national stage would bring an end to it, but it only seemed to fuel Rebecca Ann’s passion to reopen the investigation into Becca’s death.

Every time Dr Phil tried to press Becca on the veracity of her own past statements, she would attempt to undermine his credibility or suggest that she was being misrepresented.

Rebecca Ann melted down, implying that Dr Phil tricked her into participating in the show. She said the only reason she came on TV was in hopes of getting the case reopened, not to talk about her vision (I guess because she thinks it makes her look bad?). After quibbling with Tricia about who did what on Facebook, she summarized her position: “I know that Rebecca did not commit suicide, and she needs her case reopened so that she can have a voice.”

http://www.wellbuzz.com/dr-phil/dr-phil-suicide-victims-mother-cyberbullied-by-strangers-visions/

The troll Rebecca would "attempt to undermine his credibility or suggest that she was being misrepresented" - boy, that tactic sure seems familiar!

Sad that internet trolls have caused so much unneccesary PAIN in the name of JUSTICE in the suicides of two Rebeccas.

First of all, hope your precious grandbaby is feeling better, MyBelle!

Wow, what a crazy story with so many paralells to this one. Amazing what internet trolls can get away with these days. This Becca had a "vision" it was murder, much like many posters here just had a "feeling" it was not suicide, despite what all the evidence says. Sad that innocent grieving families can be harrassed this way.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/05/mom-says-she-is-harassed-online_n_7218538.html

http://www.wellbuzz.com/dr-phil/dr-phil-suicide-victims-mother-cyberbullied-by-strangers-visions/

The troll Rebecca would "attempt to undermine his credibility or suggest that she was being misrepresented" - boy, that tactic sure seems familiar!

Sad that internet trolls have caused so much unneccesary PAIN in the name of JUSTICE in the suicides of two Rebecca's.

Baby is on new medication and doing much better, thanks for asking! Watching that program with her propped on my shoulder really struck me with the parallels to this case and the depth of cruelty strangers go to and how oblivious they seem to be to their actions. I thought good 'ol Phil's head was going to explode, he was obviously that angry! I can't imagine how this lawsuit has made MS' family feel.

JMO

Yes I do. My reaction is that PR firms go out of their way to make subtle and explicit threats to people and parties whom they perceive to be a threat to the company they represent...

So anyone mentioned in any PR-produced articles are being threatened by PR firm to keep mute and/or agree with their published info. The implicit threats they hold over the parties is this: "GAG YOURSELF and AGREE TO WHAT IS WRITTEN OR ELSE..." without articulating specifics so as to avoid potential litigation in court for assault (aka threat of harm to another).

No media outlet is required to give a PR rep what the rep wants and the media sure isn't afraid of PR people. I think career-wise the worst thing a PR rep can do is alienate the reporter their client is trying to attract. Seems to me, that would be a way to yourself fired. I doubt JS fired his PR agency as a result of any article and Newsweek is still around.

JMO

Baby is on new medication and doing much better, thanks for asking! Watching that program with her propped on my shoulder really struck me with the parallels to this case and the depth of cruelty strangers go to and how oblivious they seem to be to their actions. I thought good 'ol Phil's head was going to explode, he was obviously that angry! I can't imagine how this lawsuit has made MS' family feel.

JMO

Glad to hear baby is doing better, MyBelle.

Max's family has been accused for four LONG years by the Zahau camp in a case that was clearly a suicide, and reviewed by the California Attorney General's office TWICE. What they have had to endure, while grieving the loss of Max, from the Zahaus and their camp, is heartbreaking.

The hatred that has been spewed everywhere for a little 6-year old boy and his family boggles my mind. I hope the case will be dismissed and it will be over for them soon. Although, if I were them, I'd file a defamation of character suit against Mary Zahau pronto.

JMO

Just saw this quote and it seems appropriate here: Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does.

This article was written by Joan Kron, a writer who has previously written articles on behalf of Jonah Shacknai via his Medicis products.

Thus IMO it is a puff piece basically written by Jonah Shacknai. ANYONE can put out an article and this one was self-serving. This is only one of many articles which illustrates the power that JS wielded in not only framing Max's death but Rebecca's death as well. To me it was so transparent what effect it was going after and it is frankly embarrassing to his stature.

This very article was one of the reasons that I hurdled off the fence and landed onto the Zahau side. Power, politics, influence. Pretty obvious. While I appreciate the attempt to sway the masses (and there were many to be swayed), it was done so poorly I would have fired my PR team.

JMO of course.

I totally agree with you, JBS. The statement "According to reports pieced together from several sources" does not name the sources. If Kron previously wrote for JS/Medicis, why wouldn't she go immediately to the source (JS) and get the exact story? Nothing to piece together, just state in the article "according to Jonah Shacknai." IMO he just "wasn't available."

JS had a LOT to lose being CEO of a publicly traded company, IMO, if this had been called a homicide. IMO that's why the numerous stall tactics (covered in great detail in other threads). He made very few cursory public statements and otherwise has been totally silent, staying as far away from this as he could get.

I wonder when JS vehicle was returned to him. Remember, Nina had taken it as Dina had already bolted Rady.

Surely, Rady's video cams will show when it was returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member