Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate this discussion. Thank you for answering some of my many questions- everyone here.

I do know that we can't know how others would respond or behave and I also know I view this case through the lens of my own eyes and experiences. I suppose that leaves me at a deficit but I really hope that because of this lawsuit some very important answers will be coming as it progresses.

I am not personally driven by money, I like nice things like anyone else does but I also have a strange disdain for wealth. It comes from my family and my experience in it (on my mothers side).

With someone like Jonah, maybe all of his relationships with women were sweetened by his money. You certainly couldn't act as if it didn't exist or not notice it. Maybe through this suit- even though it may appear on the surface financially driven- maybe... just maybe it is the last and final avenue for the Zahaus to get some answers. It seems like a couple of the individuals involved are motivated by money, or at least wanting to protect what they have (I certainly don't fault them for that) but maybe the Zahaus understand this is the Achilles heal- if you will- to get someone to tell the truth. I just don't know, I know what I think and I know I want more information.

Do you believe that there has never been a murder or accidental death that his been wrongly labeled a suicide?

Of course not, I just don't believe this is one of them.

To me, the physical evidence clearly proves Rebecca Zahau committed suicide. Max's accident is where I have the problem. That is not to say it was intentional, but I do think it happened other than how Rebecca said it happened in her various stories. But since Rebecca took her life no one will ever have those answers.

JMO

I
I am really not liking Jonah Shaknai very much.

How was he thought about in his community (plural, I guess- AZ and CA)? What kind of friends did he have? How was he portrayed as a business man?

Wasn't it HIS friend, Paul Phingst (sp?) that went behind police tape in the very early moments after Rebecca was discovered?

I think Jonah is very well liked, and has many, many longtime friends. I also know he has always been a very private man. I think it is mainly in the area of monogamy that he has issues, as many men do.

We know he loves his children greatly. I'm sure Max's accident and death killed him. And to have Rebecca commit suicide. I can only imagine how devastated he was, even if he had asked her to move out of the mansion for a while, as I believe. We know Dina couldn't function for a year after Max's death. Jonah functioned and went to work, but I would bet he was not the person he was before the tragedies. How could anyone be after that?

I don't know if Phingst and he are friends. That is a rumor, and IIRC, it came about because they both contributed to the same political fund or something.
But if I'm wrong about that, I'm sure someone will correct me and post the link.

JMO

I appreciate this discussion. Thank you for answering some of my many questions- everyone here.

I do know that we can't know how others would respond or behave and I also know I view this case through the lens of my own eyes and experiences. I suppose that leaves me at a deficit but I really hope that because of this lawsuit some very important answers will be coming as it progresses.

I am not personally driven by money, I like nice things like anyone else does but I also have a strange disdain for wealth. It comes from my family and my experience in it (on my mothers side).

With someone like Jonah, maybe all of his relationships with women were sweetened by his money. You certainly couldn't act as if it didn't exist or not notice it. Maybe through this suit- even though it may appear on the surface financially driven- maybe... just maybe it is the last and final avenue for the Zahaus to get some answers. It seems like a couple of the individuals involved are motivated by money, or at least wanting to protect what they have (I certainly don't fault them for that) but maybe the Zahaus understand this is the Achilles heal- if you will- to get someone to tell the truth. I just don't know, I know what I think and I know I want more information.

But the Zahaus have all of the investigative files and have for years, so they would know no one else was involved.

These are the people that we know have been deposed thus far. From my count, 19 of these people thought it was suicide, 2 murder, 1 undecided (because X texted RZ that morning, "It wan't your fault!", leading me to believe she knew Rebecca felt guilty, and the other two weren't involved. I suppose they questioned Kim James about what time ES and GS got on a plane...another rumor that just grew. (They left early that Monday morning.)

Angela Tsuida (SDSO deputy sheriff, detective, homicide detail, interviewed JS, SW 11-164) Suicide
*Hank Lebitski (SDSO detective, homicide detail, interviewed AS, SW 11-164) Suicide
*Todd Norton (SDSO detective, homicide detail, interviewed JS, SW 11-164)Suicide
Kim James (IMO JS first wife, mother of JS teen children) ES and GS flight
Adam Shacknai (JS brother, defendant) Suicide
Susan Budinger (Board of Directors Maxie's House www.maxieshouse.org/board-of-directors). *****Why was she deposed? Maxie's house was started a year after Max's death.
Howard Loehner (Probably Mary's husband, Doug) Murder
Xena Zahau (RZ sister, 13 years old at time of RZ murder) ???
Mary Zahau-Loehner (RZ sister, plaintiff) Murder
**Mitch McKay (CPD Sergeant) Suicide
**Bob Kline (CPD officer) Suicide
**Thomas Adkins (CPD Detective, interviewed XZ) Suicide
**Van Erhard (CPD Senior PD) Suicide
**Keith James (CPD detective, present at RZ autopsy) Suicide
**Angel Cedeno (COPD detective) Suicide
*Troy Dugal (SDSO Deputy Sheriff). Suicide
*Dave Hillen (SDSO detective, homicide detail, interviewed AS, SW 11-164) Suicide
*Brian Patterson (SDSO detective) Suicide
*Mike Palmer (SDSO detective present at RZ autopsy). Suicide
*Mike Maccecca (SDSO Criminalist) Suicide
*Brande Silverthorn (SDSO forensic evidence technician, present at RZ autopsy) Suicide
*Linda Wright (SDSO Senior Latent Print Examiner) Suicide
*Denys Williams (SDSO forensic evidence technician) Suicide
*Harres Karim (SDSO forensic evidence technician) Suicide

And I don't think this many law enforcement people would be in on a conspiracy to cover up a murder.

Personally, I believe this is the last avenue for the Zahaus to make some money. I think they already had all of their answers.

JMO

All Dina has to do is provide proof (via the videos she claims exist) that she was sitting vigil at Max's side at the time RZ was killed. Pooof. Speculation over.

Sometimes one can't see the forest for the trees. That's one huge whopping Redwood sitting right in front of our eyes.

All Dina has to do is provide proof (via the videos she claims exist) that she was sitting vigil at Max's side at the time RZ was killed. Pooof. Speculation over.

Sometimes one can't see the forest for the trees. That's one huge whopping Redwood sitting right in front of our eyes.
This does seem amazingly simple and clear. Why would she not do that to clear at least herself, once and for all.

This part makes absolutely no logical sense to me and I honestly can't get past it.

Why wouldn't her lawyers be urging her to do this?

I posed this question to my husband and he said: "Because she can't prove it- why else wouldn't she?"

And the reason she's unable to prove it is because she wasn't there.

Dina would not have access to the hospitals video. Only the hospital and police would/could have that. They don't just hand out video to anyone of things like this. Even at Walmart we had to call the store to get the video of accidents etc and then they would make copies to send to us and sometimes copies went to LE. But never to the people who had the accident unless they lawyered up and their attorneys requested it.. So Dina would not have this, therefore she could not just cough it up for anyone to see or have.

(I did insurance claims for WM..for injured employees and customers) Just FYI

I also want to point out that Dina is not on Trial for murder, Rebecca was determined to have committed suicide therefore honestly Dina has nothing to prove to anyone here no matter how much you feel she does.

Dina would not have access to the hospitals video. Only the hospital and police would/could have that. They don't just hand out video to anyone of things like this. Even at Walmart we had to call the store to get the video of accidents etc and then they would make copies to send to us and sometimes copies went to LE. But never to the people who had the accident unless they lawyered up and their attorneys requested it.. So Dina would not have this, therefore she could not just cough it up for anyone to see or have.

DS does have access to the video so does the Z family. Both parties have access to them as part of the discovery for the WDS.

The search warrants served to Rady produced quite a few disks. All of which were received by LE and have been part of the WDS discovery.

Anyone besides me wonder if the ex-Mrs. Jonah Shacknai regrets going on her media blitz accusing the Zahau sisters of beating then torpedoing a little boy to his death?

I also want to point out that Dina is not on Trial for murder, Rebecca was determined to have committed suicide therefore honestly Dina has nothing to prove to anyone here no matter how much you feel she does.
Honestly, this has more to do with wondering why she wouldn't want to avoid the time and money in lawyers this lawsuit will cost- not pleasing me. I would think she would care a great deal about easily clearing her name. She is NOT shy, private or quiet in regard to the media.

Anyone besides me wonder if the ex-Mrs. Jonah Shacknai regrets going on her media blitz accusing the Zahau sisters of beating then torpedoing a little boy to his death?

No, I don't think she regrets it personally.

She absolutely has access to them, not sure why you're posting otherwise.

DS does have access to the video so does the Z family. Both parties have access to them as part of the discovery for the WDS.

The search warrants served to Rady produced quite a few disks. All of which were received by LE and have been part of the WDS discovery.

Well if they all have it then they don't need Dina to provide them with one.

She absolutely has access to them, not why you're posting otherwise.

? Sorry that doesnt make sense to me. IF she has access then great..but she still has nothing to prove to anyone.

DS is not on the videos...

Which is why her alibi is only confirmed by cellphone triangulation. This is a big part of why there is such huge speculation about her involvement.

ALWAYS MOO

Actually, Dina will very much be on trial for murder and and will have to prove that she was where she said she was. It's a huge part of her defense. Gore said she was not seen on video.how easy it would be to make this all go away by producing those video tapes. Sorry, don't buy your claims. With all due respect.

snipped and BBM

... honestly Dina has nothing to prove to anyone here no matter how much you feel she does.

Pretty sure no one here said she needs to prove anything to any of us here. However, it is my opinion, if she expects to have the WDS against her dismissed, the judge will want to see proof she was elsewhere.

The Zahaus and their lawyers are not stupid. If they had spotted Dina on the Rady tapes, then why would they continue the law suit?

There can only be one conclusion--that Dina is NOT on those tapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668