Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
-snipped for context

That Tuesday is also when "Asian bondage" was searched for on the computer - long before Adam arrived at the guest house at 8 pm. I personally believe she was going to commit suicide anyway, but the phone message that Jonah left made her angry - hence the strange note painted on the door.

- snipped for context

I was wrong about the "Asian Bondage *advertiser censored*" being looked at on Tuesday. It was actually looked at on Monday. Only Rebecca and XZ would have been there and the search as done on Rebecca's computer. I really don't think that XZ was looking up *advertiser censored*, so that really leads me to believe that Rebecca was preparing for her suicide on the Monday, after Max's accident.

"There was activity on Rebecca’s computer the day before the incident"

http://sdsheriff.net/coronado/faq.html

JMO

BBM -

I am a fact based person and I have posted to correct this part of the timeline numerous times. Posts regarding this subject have been deleted by mods because a link cannot be provided.

The exact time the Asian *advertiser censored* was accessed has NEVER been made public. The "day before the incident" would have been Tuesday not Monday. Rebecca's death is the "incident" which occurred Wednesday AM. Maybe it was Rebecca, maybe it was Adam but the only FACT is we do not know who or what time it was searched. Point, blank, period.

In a phone interview with News 8, Bremner later confirmed that more than a dozen searches of sexual content – using terms like "raped, sexy Asian girls, and bondage anime" – were accessed on a computer the day before Zahau's death.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/16083634/... censored*-found-on-coronado-mansion-computer

ETA - Just for the heck of it let's go there and speculate it was Monday. We still do not have a time! How can one deduce it could only have been Rebecca or XZ? Jonah and all 3 of his kids were at the mansion on Monday. Logically you cannot exclude anyone at the mansion if it was Monday. Just sayin.

- snipped for context

I do know that Rebecca's suicide would not have become the public specticle it became, if David Gotfredson, the Investigative Producer for CBS8 in San Diego, had not sent a helicopter to take photos of the nude Rebecca in the private courtyard, and had not sent the photos out to the world. However, I have never seen him called out for this.

BBM -

Do you have a link? How could you possibly know this news producer took the first pictures? I really don't need a link because this detail serves no purpose but to attack another individual.

And we know she was there because she was texting with Mary when Nina sent her text and then came by.

Nina texted RZ's ant 9:41 that evening, and Rebecca would have gotten it because she was texting with Mary at the time:

July 12th - 9:25 PM outgoing 1 min phone call to Mary

July 12th - text message out to Mary @ 9:40 PM

July 12th - text message out to Mary @ 9:42 PM

July 12th - text message in from Mary @ 9:44 PM

July 12th - 2 text messages out to Mary @ 9:48 PM

July 12th - text message in from Mary @ 9:52 PM

July 12th - text message in from Mary @ 9:53 PM

July 12th - text message out to Mary @ 9:53 PM

It was just a short walk, a few blocks, so Nina was probably knocking on the door right after these last texts to Mary.

I think Rebecca just did not want to face Nina and show her where and how the accident happened, so did not respond to the text or to the knocks. And then she took her own life hours later and left no answers for anyone.

JMO

BBM-

One problem with this theory, another fact. Rebecca's cellphone records show Nina's text was at 10:41pm. Nina stated it was 9 something in her interview, but Rebecca's cellphone records show differently. This is the type of discrepancy that makes some of us question what really happened.

According to the logs, Zahau also received a text message at 10:41 p.m. from Nina Romano, 41, the twin sister of Jonah Shacknai's second ex-wife, Dina Shacknai. Dina is the mother of Max Shacknai.

Romano recalled sending the text earlier in the evening, though, and questioned the 10:41 p.m. time stamp on the AT&T call log.

​http://www.cbs8.com/story/15485069/records-reveal-final-cell-phone-calls-to-rebecca-zahau

RZ's cellphone records -

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/zahau_cell.pdf

In California state court? Not that I'm aware of. But California lawyers in my experience tend to include somewhat ridiculous numbers in their Complaints to scare the defendants. In this case, of course, $10 million would not be ridiculous if the defendants really did what was alleged in the Complaint. I just don't think the number was picked for any real reason.

Is there a criteria in a Federal suit? I recall discussing something about the dollar amount way back, I could be wrong. TIA

A civil suit does indeed require that Dina testify and prove that she is not responsible for Rebecca's death/murder. Seems things are getting really off track here. That proof is the basis of the WDS suit. Come on people.

That is IF it goes that far and IF the judge wants to believe that two wristlet slinging women and a millionaires brother got all into a murder scheme together. I feel it is highly doubtful..and LE has already determined it to be suicide. This is why I feel it is going no where.

Do you know of any cases that were determined by LE to be a suicide that later ended up being a group killing by a WDS? Look at those women, do you think they could really pull something like that off?

Here's my take on things. Seems Dina's goose is just about ready to be cooked -finally - and her defense is, at this late hour, actively getting involved in this forum. Seems obvious by the suddenly more gracious tone and tenor of the postings and better late than never. But then I am more than skeptical after 4 years of observing this case. JMO of course.

I am far from any defense person for Dina except to say that I feel she is innocent and you disagree to the point that you consistently try to make fun of others who have differing opinions. Your idea that we are her Defense IMO proves your insulting nature. If we disagree we have to be working for her defense instead of normal folks off the street with differing opinions which makes us less than normal to you.

The idea that RZ committed suicide is absolutely ludicrous when you think about how she would have had to gag and hop and tie herself up naked and all the other ridiculous steps she would have had to have undertaken. That's why the public doesn't believe it. I'll tell you this much, though. If I were guilty and fighting to keep my freedom, I'd be insisting and shouting from the rooftops that this was suicide. I hope it gets acted out in court. That would be a sight to see.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Zahau family as they take on this David vs. Goliath battle.

The idea that RZ committed suicide is absolutely ludicrous when you think about how she would have had to gag and hop and tie herself up naked and all the other ridiculous steps she would have had to have undertaken. That's why the public doesn't believe it. I'll tell you this much, though. If I were guilty and fighting to keep my freedom, I'd be insisting and shouting from the rooftops that this was suicide. I hope it gets acted out in court. That would be a sight to see.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Zahau family as they take on this David vs. Goliath battle.

It would also be somewhat over board for a murder too. Who is going to go rummaging around finding someones paints make them paint a message on a door.? The simpler thing is to just kill them and leave. Anyone know what was on the note that Jonah got? The fact is, it is possible for someone who is agile and in good shape to go through all these things and commit suicide. It would make you think they went to a lot of trouble and possibly tried to make it look like murder because they were possibly really pissed.

I admit at first I did not believe it either, it seemed crazy but if the alternative is that Dina, Nina and Adam all collaborated to do this then I am not buying it. Jonah was fine with Le's findings about Rebecca and his son. Maybe he knows something we don't as he seems to be the only one fine with both conclusions.

I am far from any defense person for Dina except to say that I feel she is innocent and you disagree to the point that you consistently try to make fun of others who have differing opinions.Your idea that we are her Defense IMO proves your insulting nature. If we disagree we have to be working for her defense instead of normal folks off the street with differing opinions which makes us less than normal to you.

BBM-

Hi SweetT,

Respectfully, you're a member of LHK, correct? How do you feel about the threads on LHK that have been created specifically to mock the posters and posts from this forum? TIA

BBM-

Hi SweetT,

Respectfully, you're a member of LHK, correct? How do you feel about the threads on LHK that have been created specifically to mock the posters and posts from this forum? TIA

I didn't like it, that's why I haven't been there in yrs. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be. I joined out of curiosity found I didn't like it and haven't been back.

Edited to add again: I don't expect that type of behavior on this site I actually expect it there. But of course they have a right to have their own site discussing what they want whether I agree with it or not.

BBM-

Hi SweetT,

What is LHK Lash?

What is LHK Lash?

Hey Frigga!

It is a small forum to discuss Max and Rebecca's case. The forum does not believe Max's death was an accident and supports the suicide theory. The same forum Dina's expert Judy Melinek used when writing her report on Max's death. I consider it a hate forum because of threads dedicated to bashing posters from WS and anywhere else one might post about this case. Something we're not allowed to do here at WS.

ETA - I do not like to use their full name or give the link for security reasons.

Hey Frigga!

It is a small forum to discuss Max and Rebecca's case. The forum does not believe Max's death was an accident and supports LE suicide theory. The same forum Dina's expert Judy Melinek used when writing her report on Max's death.

Didn't know that...interesting. .

Here's my take on things. Seems Dina's goose is just about ready to be cooked -finally - and her defense is, at this late hour, actively getting involved in this forum. Seems obvious by the suddenly more gracious tone and tenor of the postings and better late than never. But then I am more than skeptical after 4 years of observing this case. JMO of course.

"...and her defense is, at this late hour, actively getting involved in this forum. Seems obvious by the suddenly more gracious tone and tenor of the postings and better late than never. But then I am more than skeptical after 4 years of observing this case."

FYI, I have been posting on the RZ forum for years. I am not a newcomer to this case. I had to back away due to the viscous and unprovoked attacks by numerous posters. I could name them, one by one, but you know who you are. While on that same theme, I must give LuckyLucy credit for hanging in here as a voice for justice even when some have attempted to degrade her by referring to her as LuLu; just as they disrespectfully change my name to dede.

I feel proud of the truthful posts that I have written in the Rebecca Zahau forum throughout the years. Regardless of others opinions about the Pending Lawsuit(s), I pray justice will be served.

BBM -

Do you have a link? How could you possibly know this news producer took the first pictures? I really don't need a link because this detail serves no purpose but to attack another individual.

Please reread my post. I did not say he took the photos, I said he sent the helicopter to take the photos, which is simple logic since he's the Investigative Producer.

It seems the original story printed that morning has been "scrubbed", but there is this VERY interesting article, which talks about the afternoon helicopter video, but also shows how ridiculous some of the speculation about this case has been. You can even go back in the threads and see how many pages were devoted to that "missing" rope. Just like most of the claims about this case, there was no truth to this rumor, whatsoever.

I present, The Case of the Missing Rope:

By David Gotfredson, Investigative Producer

CORONADO, Calif. (CBS 8) -- There are lingering questions in the hanging death of Rebecca Zahau at the Spreckels mansion; and evidence photos from the law enforcement investigation posted online only seem to be adding to the mystery.

Internet forums like Websleuths.com are packed with conspiracy theories speculating on the death of the 32-year-old woman at the Coronado home, which is owned by Zahau's millionaire boyfriend, Jonah Shacknai, 54.

Investigators with the San Diego County Medical Examiner and the San Diego County Sheriff's Department ruled earlier this month that Zahau committed suicide in the nude by binding her own hands and feet, gagging herself, and then hanging herself off a second-story balcony.

In a report posted Wednesday, tabloid web site Radaronline.com claimed that the rope used to hang Zahau was not visible on the balcony in helicopter video recorded by News 8 on July 13, the day of the hanging.

News 8 asked sheriff's homicide Lt. Larry Nesbit about that rope, which is clearly seen in an evidence photo posted online by the department.

"The picture we posted of the rope was actually taken by a Coronado police officer who was one of the first people to arrive on scene that day," Lt. Nesbit said.

News 8 reviewed the helicopter footage in question, recorded at approximately 4:45 p.m. on July 13. Jonah's brother, Adam Shacknai, told police he woke up and discovered Zahau hanging around 6:45 a.m. that same day and called 911.

A freeze frame of the afternoon helicopter video clearly showed the rope hanging from the balcony in the exact same position as the evidence photo taken earlier in the day.

"The rope was hanging over the balcony from the moment (officers) arrived on scene until they seized it later in the evening as evidence," said Lt. Nesbit.

Some online observers have questioned the evidence photos themselves.

Three photos posted on the Sheriff's web site show the French doors of the mansion's balcony in three different positions.

One exterior photo – Nesbit said it was taken by a Coronado police officer before 9:20 a.m. on July 13 – shows one of the balcony's doors open.

A second photo – taken during darkness sometime after 3:32 a.m. on July 14 – was shot from inside the bedroom and shows both balcony doors closed.

A third photo – also taken after 3:32 a.m. on July 14 – shows both doors wide open.

Lt. Nesbit explained the sequence of events to News 8.

"Photo one occurred first. That was taken by a Coronado police officer who was on scene prior to the sheriff department's arrival," Nesbit said.

"Photo two – showing both doors closed – we believe the door on the left was blown closed by a breeze; the door on the right was secured with a bolt-type lock into the floor," Nesbit continued.

"Photo three has both of the doors open. We (officers) opened both of the doors to take that photo," said Nesbit.

Adam Shacknai, 48, had flown to Coronado from Memphis to offer comfort to his brother in the wake of a tragic accident at the mansion just two days prior to Zahau's hanging.

Jonah Shacknai's 6-year-old son Max had suffered a grave fall off the main staircase.

On the morning Adam reported finding Zahau's body, he had been sleeping in the mansion's guest house.

Questions have arisen over items found in a second bedroom in the same guest house.

According to Zahau's autopsy report, "The guest house consisted of two bedrooms. One of the rooms had a suitcase and the other room had an unmade bed, a few pieces of women's clothing on the floor, make up wipes on the dresser and a glass with clear liquid on the night stand."

Lt. Nesbit told News 8 the "clear liquid" was never analyzed by investigators. However, detectives do have an explanation for the other items found in the guest house bedroom.

"We determined that that clothing was not from Rebecca," Lt. Nesbit said. "The clothing was left by a female guest who stayed in the guest house earlier, prior to the (hanging) incident."

Nesbit would not identify that female house guest, but the autopsy report said Zahau's teenage sister was also visiting from out of town and staying at the Coronado home in the days before the hanging.

The report said the sister flew home July 12, the same day Adam Shacknai arrived in San Diego.

Many other questions remain unanswered in the death of Rebecca Zahau, including the cause of four head injuries described in her autopsy report and the source of sticky tape residue found on her legs.

Attorneys for News 8 and several other media outlets will go to court in the coming weeks to ask a judge to unseal search warrants and affidavits in the case that should contain unreleased information from the investigation.

I agree it would be simpler to murder and leave. However, if you wanted to humiliate a woman that you were jealous and vengeful towards, well, the scene as it played out could be more 'rewarding'.

Also, agility wouldn't help RZ to clear the railing from the doorway, on one toe. ( while gagged, bound and all that). Again, when one stops generalization and looks at specifics....nah. No way.

Naked while menstruating and writing on the door in the third person? There are more bizarre facts that I don't feel like listing. The public doesn't buy it. Suicide? Doesn't make any sense. Murder? Vengeful murder? Makes sense.

If you ( not you, the public:) 😁 anyway, if 'you look at the publi'C's reaction, most people just don't buy the suicide theory. It's a last ditch desperate defense. JMO

BBM -

I am a fact based person and I have posted to correct this part of the timeline numerous times. Posts regarding this subject have been deleted by mods because a link cannot be provided.

The exact time the Asian *advertiser censored* was accessed has NEVER been made public. The "day before the incident" would have been Tuesday not Monday. Rebecca's death is the "incident" which occurred Wednesday AM. Maybe it was Rebecca, maybe it was Adam but the only FACT is we do not know who or what time it was searched. Point, blank, period.

ETA - Just for the heck of it let's go there and speculate it was Monday. We still do not have a time! How can one deduce it could only have been Rebecca or XZ? Jonah and all 3 of his kids were at the mansion on Monday. Logically you cannot exclude anyone at the mansion if it was Monday. Just sayin.

From Ann Rule's book, Fatal Friends and Deadly Enemies, page 197, bold by me:

"On July 13, Deputy Pearce examined a Hewlett-Packard laptop computer, whose only active user account was Rebecca Zahau, and an iMac computer whose single account user was Jonah Shacknai. Both of the computers were from the guest room/computer room with the balcony wihere Becky Zaau had allegedly hung herself."

From Ann Rule's book, Fatal Friends and Deadly Enemies, page 198, bold and caps by me:

"2. A review of the Internet history for BECKY'S computer DURNG THE LAST TWENTY-FOURS showed NUMEROUS searches and viewing of *advertiser censored*, including lesbian and anime *advertiser censored*."

My guess is they are referring to about midnight Monday until about midnight Tuesday. Which means it was Rebecca - and only Rebecca- that accessed the *advertiser censored*.

JMO

I agree it would be simpler to murder and leave. However, if you wanted to humiliate a woman that you were jealous and vengeful towards, well, the scene as it played out could be more 'rewarding'.

Also, agility wouldn't help RZ to clear the railing from the doorway, on one toe. ( while gagged, bound and all that). Again, when one stops generalization and looks at specifics....nah. No way.

Naked while menstruating and writing on the door in the third person? There are more bizarre facts that I don't feel like listing. The public doesn't buy it. Suicide? Doesn't make any sense. Murder? Vengeful murder? Makes sense.

If you ( not you, the public:) �� anyway, if 'you look at the publi'C's reaction, most people just don't buy the suicide theory. It's a last ditch desperate defense. JMO

I agree, it is some crazy stuff absolutely. But honestly do you think that many LE officers covered up a murder to call this a suicide? If so it sure wouldn't have been for Dina.

I also don't think Dina was overly jealous of Rebecca, honestly IMO Rebecca is not like Gods gift to men, pretty, yes if you like that type and apparently Jonah does. But what in the world would Rebecca have that Dina would be jealous of? I see it the other way around really. Dina did have a real job, she had been actually married to Jonah and actually had a child with him, a connection that would last a lifetime if he was alive. Again JMO. There are other things besides someones looks to be jealous of.

From Ann Rule's book, Fatal Friends and Deadly Enemies, page 197, bold by me:

"On July 13, Deputy Pearce examined a Hewlett-Packard laptop computer, whose only active user account was Rebecca Zahau, and an iMac computer whose single account user was Jonah Shacknai. Both of the computers were from the guest room/computer room with the balcony wihere Becky Zaau had allegedly hung herself."

From Ann Rule's book, Fatal Friends and Deadly Enemies, page 198, bold and caps by me:

"2. A review of the Internet history for BECKY'S computer DURNG THE LAST TWENTY-FOURS showed NUMEROUS searches and viewing of *advertiser censored*, including lesbian and anime *advertiser censored*."

My guess is they are referring to a about midnight Monday until about midnight Tuesday. Which means it was Rebecca that accessed the *advertiser censored*.

JMO

RBM-

Exactly my point LuckyLucy, it is still guessing and not a proven fact. We have been over this numerous times and nothing has changed. I've stated maybe it was Rebecca, but until proof exists, we don't know! Why can't you kindly do the same?

- snipped for context

Being on the side of law enforcement in this case has meant being harassed and ridiculed for almost every post I have written. It does get very, very tiring, but I will not quit posting now - the end is in sight.

JMO

Respectfully, if you were on the side of LE, why then would you continuously excuse Rebecca and her minor sister of hurting Max? LE ruled Max's death an accident.

ETA - As well, I believe the over the top bashing of Rebecca and her entire family is the reason your posts are not well received. I do not believe it has a single thing to do with supporting LE. Isn't it a little hypocritical to complain about Dina bashing when you do the same thing to the Zahau family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro