Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have not a doubt a jury will 'judge' defendants dina and nina GUILTY.

Perhaps they will go hang out with GS in Scotland, where she is attending college.

I think they need to make sure they go to a country with no extradition agreement with the US.

http://www.wsfa.com/story/22665099/countries-with-no-extradition-treaty-with-us

These countries currently have no extradition treaty with the United States:

Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, the Central African Republic, Chad, Mainland China, Comoros, Congo (Kinshasa), Congo (Brazzaville), Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Oman, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé & Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican, Vietnam and Yemen.

How about Burma? :laughing:

I think they need to make sure they go to a country with no extradition agreement with the US.

http://www.wsfa.com/story/22665099/countries-with-no-extradition-treaty-with-us

These countries currently have no extradition treaty with the United States:

Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, the Central African Republic, Chad, Mainland China, Comoros, Congo (Kinshasa), Congo (Brazzaville), Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Oman, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé & Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican, Vietnam and Yemen.

How about Burma? :laughing:
Burma. [emoji81]

Can someone explain to me what a demurrer is in this case? From what I can gather from the online dictionaries the definition is that one party admits the facts are true but opposes they are cause for any action. Is that correct? Maybe I'm dense but what does it all mean in this instance? Sorry, I didn't go to law school.

Hi Cricket :wave: Hope this helps!

3. Demurrer

A Demurrer is used to tell the court that the allegations in the complaint do not provide legally sufficient reason for the defendant to be sued. A Demurrer questions only the legal sufficiency of the allegations, not their truth or the plaintiff’s ability to prove them. In the Demurrer, the defendant must state the ways in which the complaint is legally insufficient.

The defendant can object to all or just parts of the complaint on various grounds, including:

• The complaint fails to state a cause of action
  • The complaint is uncertain or unclear
  • Another case is pending between the parties for the same cause of action
  • The plaintiff does not have the legal capacity to sue

http://saclaw.org/wp-content/uploads/lrg-responding-to-a-lawsuit.pdf

3. Demurrer

A Demurrer is used to tell the court that the allegations in the complaint do not provide legally sufficient reason for the defendant to be sued. A Demurrer questions only the legal sufficiency of the allegations, not their truth or the plaintiff’s ability to prove them. In the Demurrer, the defendant must state the ways in which the complaint is legally insufficient.

The defendant can object to all or just parts of the complaint on various grounds, including:

Thanks so much. NOW I get it. Merriam Webster needs an update.

I truly wish there was a way for the public to help in this case. Public outcry itself obviously isn't strong enough. As they say, "money talks" I wonder how the family is holding up through all this. It's gone on so long it has to be a terrible strain.

as much as I would hate to think of it from anyone; this could be the plan by the defendants-to carry this case on as long as they can to bleed the Zahau side dry of cash and emotion. Once you are out of money, then what do you do? Once you have hit enough road blocks, how can you feel? It's tough. and certainly there is a lot more money on the defendant's side. Its a sick thought.

Thanks so much. NOW I get it. Merriam Webster needs an update.

I truly wish there was a way for the public to help in this case. Public outcry itself obviously isn't strong enough. As they say, "money talks" I wonder how the family is holding up through all this. It's gone on so long it has to be a terrible strain.

As do I. Throughout it all, they have exhibited nothing but dignity and class.

as much as I would hate to think of it from anyone; this could be the plan by the defendants-to carry this case on as long as they can to bleed the Zahau side dry of cash and emotion. Once you are out of money, then what do you do? Once you have hit enough road blocks, how can you feel? It's tough. and certainly there is a lot more money on the defendant's side. Its a sick thought.

Yes, there is a huge disparity financially. I wonder if the Zahau's can sue for legal fees? I would think they would have a case against the LE agencies as well.

As distasteful as it may seem I believe they could have a windfall in selling movie or book rights. I know that profiting from this tragedy is not their goal, however, if that's what it takes to fund their goal I'm sure it could be arranged. After all, Rebecca's death is such a huge travesty of justice, that I can't imagine it wouldn't appeal to mass audiences.

JMO

As do I. Throughout it all, they have exhibited nothing but dignity and class.

Which is amazing given the circumstances. It's hard to keep fighting brick walls and the establishment. Everything I have read and seen just amazes me about this family. I think Mary is an incredible sister. I hope they are able to stay strong and that one day SOON justice will prevail. I hope they know that there are thousands of people on their side who haven't forgotten Rebecca.

You are right, it is an idea, but I think the problem would be threats and lawsuits from the opposing side, since at this time they are innocent, anything that would seem shady would be met with a huge lawsuit. There have already been threats of lawsuits when there has been releasing of details.

Yes, there is a huge disparity financially. I wonder if the Zahau's can sue for legal fees? I would think they would have a case against the LE agencies as well.

As distasteful as it may seem I believe they could have a windfall in selling movie or book rights. I know that profiting from this tragedy is not their goal, however, if that's what it takes to fund their goal I'm sure it could be arranged. After all, Rebecca's death is such a huge travesty of justice, that I can't imagine it wouldn't appeal to mass audiences.

JMO

*Ex Parte heard - It appears Greer's request was granted. Rescheduled 03/11/2016. All 3 defendants demurrer's will be heard on the same day.

307 02/25/2016 Minutes finalized for Ex Parte heard 02/25/2016 08:45:00 AM.

306 02/25/2016 Demurrer / Motion to Strike continued pursuant to party's motion to 03/11/2016 at 01:30PM before Judge Katherine Bacal.

305 02/25/2016 Demurrer / Motion to Strike continued pursuant to party's motion to 03/11/2016 at 01:30PM before Judge Katherine Bacal.

304 02/25/2016 Civil Case Management Conference continued pursuant to party's motion to 03/11/2016 at 01:30PM before Judge Katherine Bacal.

New Schedule-
03/11/2016 01:30 PM C-69. Demurrer / Motion to Strike
03/11/2016 01:30 PM C-69 Demurrer / Motion to Strike - Demurrer
03/11/2016 01:30 PM C-69 Demurrer / Motion to Strike - Demurrer
03/11/2016 01:30 PM C-69 Civil Case Management Conference - Complaint
08/05/2016 11:00 AM C-69 Discovery Hearing
11/04/2016 01:10 AM C-69 Motion Hearing (Civil) - Motion for Protective Order
01/13/2017 08:45 AM C-69 Summary Judgment / Summary Adjudication (Civil)

Case Number: 37-2013-00075418-CU-PO-CTL
https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/

Does this mean nothing happened to the conference or hearing or whatever they were supposed to have today?

I have been following this case since 2011, and this is my first time posting, haha. I am curious about the case being reopened - I found it sort of hard to understand. Does this mean that Jonah believes that his ex-wife, her twin, and and possibly his brother conspired to murder his girlfriend? One thing I don't recall personally seeing in all the pages I read here, as well as news articles - has Jonah ever been documented as expressing grief/sadness at Rebecca's death? I am very curious to see that is there is anything (sorry if that's terribly ignorant)! Also, was there every any articles that has shown family issues between Adam and Jonah that has arisen since Rebecca/Max's death? Thanks :)

Can someone explain to me what a demurrer is in this case? From what I can gather from the online dictionaries the definition is that one party admits the facts are true but opposes they are cause for any action. Is that correct? Maybe I'm dense but what does it all mean in this instance? Sorry, I didn't go to law school.

Looks like California is in the minority in still upholding Demurrers.

My take on it - yes, it may be true that the defendants murdered Rebecca - but you can't prove it. LOL

3. Demurrer

Yeah, it's not so much assuming the truth of the allegations as saying, "EVEN IF all these lies you told about me were true, they wouldn't amount to a legal claim."

Crime writer Gary C. King has finally gotten his book, "mystery death at the spreckels mansion" published by Amazon, will be available for Kindle near the end of March, and is listed on Amazon right now

Crime writer Gary C. King has finally gotten his book, "mystery death at the spreckels mansion" published by Amazon, will be available for Kindle near the end of March, and is listed on Amazon right now

Waitaminute-- thank you for posting this! I had totally forgotten about this book in progress. Hopefully, it brings more awareness to Rebecca's case.

Found the amazon link-- it's available May 25. (It's pretty affordable, too!)

http://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Death...ords="mystery+death+at+the+spreckels+mansion"

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back