WTH Are Brad's Lawyers Up To Now????

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he left the house for the first time after 6 am to dump the body and then swung by the HT to cover for being seen out that early.

Only problem with that is, it was daylight. If Brad is as smart as he seems to be, he wasn't dumping anything during the daylight hours. And since nobody's reporting seeing anything...

Only problem with that is, it was daylight. If Brad is as smart as he seems to be, he wasn't dumping anything during the daylight hours. And since nobody's reporting seeing anything...

Run the risk of seeing the X-5 leaving the neighborhood at 4 -5 am :confused:

The 6:15am trip to HT covered that

The dump site was secluded behind an existing neighborhood. Seeing a car go back there at 6 am would not arouse as much suspicion as possibly seeing one at 4:30 am...imo

Sunrise in Raleigh for July 12, 2008 was: 6:08 AM.

Such a trip could have occurred around 5:50am--not very light out. I think one assumption is that he knew exactly where he was going to dump her and went directly to that spot. It's possible (perhaps even probable) a little bit of driving/looking around ensued first.

BTW, the police believe the car used was the 325i, not the X5. It was the 325i that showed signs of having the trunk vacuumed, along with other possible forensic evidence seized in the SWs.

Such a trip could have occurred around 5:50am--not very light out. I think one assumption is that he knew exactly where he was going to dump her and went directly to that spot. It's possible (perhaps even probable) a little bit of driving/looking around ensued first.

BTW, the police believe the car used was the 325i, not the X5. It was the 325i that showed signs of having the trunk vacuumed, along with other possible forensic evidence seized in the SWs.

Sunrise is a bit deceptive, it starts getting light well before the sun actually breaks the horizon so it would not have been a deep darkness from 530 am forward. We also know from Redress that there was lighting in the area where he disposed the body and several have commented of how bright that was (except for the night LE was there apparently). I don't see light as being an issue nor the location. While the location seems to be remote, it really is not with respect to distance from Wallsburg Court and the overall neighborhood. I find it hard to think that people would be so unaware of new constructions in their immediate vicinity. If he looked - it didn't take long to find IMO.

Oh yes, the 325i.
That vehicle made the best sense + it was likely the one in the garage that night (selfish Brad)

Wouldn't the Harris Teeter have cameras in the parking lot and be able to tell which car he was driving?

Sunrise is a bit deceptive, it starts getting light well before the sun actually breaks the horizon so it would not have been a deep darkness from 530 am forward. We also know from Redress that there was lighting in the area where he disposed the body and several have commented of how bright that was (except for the night LE was there apparently). I don't see light as being an issue nor the location. While the location seems to be remote, it really is not with respect to distance from Wallsburg Court and the overall neighborhood. I find it hard to think that people would be so unaware of new constructions in their immediate vicinity. If he looked - it didn't take long to find IMO.
RC, another poster and I were writing through PM this week, and that poster had gone back to research info from old threads. Someone who was out that morning said it was foggy and as thick as pea soup in some areas. I'm sorry I can't direct you to the exact thread, and I've already deleted the message. But fog and early hours of dawn together could possibly lead Brad to believe he wouldn't be seen.

Wouldn't the Harris Teeter have cameras in the parking lot and be able to tell which car he was driving?

No cameras in the lot at HT. It's been discussed here a lot. In fact, I posted on this just the other day. There are 10 cameras at the WM near HT, but it's too far away, the cameras are not pointed at HT, and there are too many trees in the way anyway.

somebody reported last month on here that there are cameras in the wal-mart section of that parking lot, but not in front of that HT

RC, another poster and I were writing through PM this week, and that poster had gone back to research info from old threads. Someone who was out that morning said it was foggy and as thick as pea soup in some areas. I'm sorry I can't direct you to the exact thread, and I've already deleted the message. But fog and early hours of dawn together could possibly lead Brad to believe he wouldn't be seen.

plus, people aren't walking their dogs or jogging until daylight, so he ideally would have "needed" to make the trip before daylight to avoid being seen by walkers/runners/garage sale people out at 6 a.m.

it wasn't jacket weather that morning, even at 6 a.m. absolutely not. and he would likely NOT have had a jacket handy since it's been frightfully hot all summer & not anywhere near "jacket weather" in Cary.

Now he wants the costody case dismissed???? :eek:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3560629/

Of course... and why not?

Seems like they had also made this motion before the earlier custody hearing (that was ultimately settled out of court, so the judge (for the time being) didn't have to rule on it).

Bottom line - unless the plaintiff's can provide concrete proof/evidence that he is an unfit father, the custody case should be dismissed, and the children returned to their father.

ummm, ummmm, how can anyone prove that BC was not the last person to see Nancy alive??? Have my brain cells stopped working?

Ok, reality just took over again. K&B must have plenty of doubts, want the custody case dismissed because, well, BC would have to get the girls back, and also THERE WOULD BE NO DAMAGING TESTIMONY introduced at the custody hearing.

Still have the psych eval hearing set for next Monday, and I think that is under the same case number. So if custody case is dismissed, the psych eval hearing goes with it.

IIRC, there will not be time to have a hearing on the dismissal, though, before the hearing on the PE.

Oh, the games, the games.

Seems like they had also made this motion before the earlier custody hearing (that was ultimately settled out of court, so the judge (for the time being) didn't have to rule on it).

Bottom line - unless the plaintiff's can provide concrete proof/evidence that he is an unfit father, the custody case should be dismissed, and the children returned to their father.

the custody hearing was continued to be heard on October 13, the Rentz's have temporary custody until the case can be heard. That was what was settled in the agreement on July 25 on the Ex Parte Motion.

And the Motion to Vacate was filed July 25, hardly timely notice for a hearing set that day.

I think that, since the allegations have been made, and in consideration of the current situation, the case should go forward. The welfare of the children, after all, is the guiding star.

That may be all well and good. However, there was SOMETHING substantial told to a judge to have the police officers literally go and get the children and deliver them to the Rentz's. I believe whatever that was will be proof enough to keep the children with the Rentz's. Hey I could be wrong. Lord knows I've been wrong many times before and surely will in the future. :)

It hit me this morning...K&B are so worried about a tainted community and Jury Pool. Why are they so worried if their client is innocent? If he's innocent of this crime then there shouldn't be any evidence to even bring the case into a courtroom. And yet..they worry...and they are PREPARING for a future trial.

WHY?

Could it be because they know there *is* evidence linking their client to this murder? Evidence that cannot just be ignored/dismissed?

I would agree. There is also a reason LE was out on Cary Parkway and Holly Springs Road canvassing at 6 am two weeks after Nancy went missing. Everyone says the disposal location was so remote - if so would it matter if it was the dead of night or dawn ? I don't think so.

So I'm the only one thinking he did this under cover of night?

Now he wants the costody case dismissed???? :eek:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3560629/

Reminds me of another one. The whole reason for this is to try and get the children back before charges are filed. He wants to spite everyone and turn them over to his own family in that event. This shouldn't be a surprise, quite expected actually. Since he never went to court the first time, it is obvious he does not know what information was used by the judge to make the initial decision to remove the children by force. Another case of be careful what you wish for.

Hi JS,

Don't you think that this is an attempt to try to disregard possible evidence that the Rentz's are trying to compile? Perhaps he doesn't want to go ahead with the mental evaluation, which we have heard so much about. If they are able to have the case dismissed before the 29th, then he wouldn't have to go ahead with the exam, or at least it wouldn't look bad for him if he refused.

"The family wants Brad Cooper to undergo a mental evaluation before then. A hearing to determine that is scheduled for the week of Sept. 29."

Sure, he wants the kids back and this is at least PARTLY because it would improve his current public image enormously. This is of central concern to the lawyers at this point. BTW, in the article (very informative!) that SG posted in the off topic thread this morning, the point is made that defense lawyers are increasingly becoming PR experts. That is certainly the case here.

I have to ask the question, why did BC settle out of court at the end of July? Why didn't superdad push it to the limit there? I think there is some agreement on the board that there are things we don't know, perhaps some noted concerns about domestic violence in the Cooper household. These must be taken very seriously.

SG has noted that OJ's children have been scarred by growing up with him. I am very happy that the girls are where they are now. If he is innocent, then he won't have to worry. They will come back to him. But for now, why not go ahead with the exam? Is he afraid that they may uncover something??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025