WTH Are Brad's Lawyers Up To Now????

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't these phone records look like Excel spreadsheets? I'm not saying BC couldn't produce the actual bill detail, but he's demanding every scrap of paper from every person who ever said anything and he can't at least photocopy the actual bill?:crazy:

The actual bill or official printout will be needed as proof in any hearing, deposition or trial appearance.

Going back to the tapes, in the first one, at the register, I am convinced that it is indeed a cell phone in his hand. And it seems to me that he is just awfully concerned about it, checking it like a schoolgirl? I don't quite understand that. Also, if what we think happened did indeed happen, who the heck was going to be texting him or calling him before 7 am? And why, anyway, would he be carrying it around instead of leaving it in the car, or even in his pocket? Now, I might could understand if this was the second trip, and Nancy had indeed called him before he entered the store, OR if he KNEW he was going to be on camera, and was faking being interested in the phone. :waitasec:

I'm late to the party, but I've got your back, jmflu. I'm thinking earlier, dead by 4 am.

I believe she was likely killed between 12:30am and 4am. I'm just not sure about the time she was left at the dump site.

BC's rebuttal affidavit doesn't come across to me as a slam on any of NC's friends at all. To me, it comes across as "matter of fact" responses to their accusations. Their affidavits seem subjective, whereas BC's rebuttal seems much more objective, and again, matter-of-fact.

The only (mild) slam that I saw was on JA's current abilities as a runner... :)
I hardly consider it mild. From my personal experience, athletes who compete at the level BC does seem to have a sense of superiority over others in general. They somehow set themselves apart as elitists. It doesn't surprise me that he would use that arena (her lack of athleticism) to get back at JA. It is his claim to fame and his major source of self-esteem. Without giving out detail; I've lived through it.

Going back to the tapes, in the first one, at the register, I am convinced that it is indeed a cell phone in his hand. And it seems to me that he is just awfully concerned about it, checking it like a schoolgirl? I don't quite understand that.

He may have not been wearing a watch and was using his cell phone to watch the time. He may have been anxious to get back home to the girls (assuming of course they were left alone by this point).

I believe she was likely killed between 12:30am and 4am. I'm just not sure about the time she was left at the dump site.
I agree. I also believe when she got in Friday nite he was waiting and most likely angered over something. A confrontation took place and it got out of hand. I don't believe he went to bed and when they got up with Katie and he did it between 4 and 6. He took care of business with her before 4am. This is also if Katie really got up at 4am. BC is contradicting his own statements about this.

Did you notice the male employee at HT when BC went in for milk? The employee's at 6am are stocking beginning at 4am for a big Saturday morning, not following or watching a customer.

He may have not been wearing a watch and was using his cell phone to watch the time. He may have been anxious to get back home to the girls (assuming of course they were left alone by this point).

Twenty minutes later he is wearing his watch over his cuff.

Sure are a lot of rather large discrepancies between Brad's ammended affidavit and what is provided in the sw affidavit based in part on statements he made to LE during interviews.

The largest being that the house was cleaned by him before Nancy returned from her visit with her folks. Yet in the sw affidavit he told LE they had argued about it and he cleaned that Saturday morning because of the argument - hmmmm. The second glaring one is that he was happy about Nancy painting and earning extra money, yet the sw affidavit indicates that there was an argument about the painitng issue on the Friday before she disappeared.

I guess LE and the DA are certainly happy this fellow likes to make himself look good. Wow :bang:

Sure are a lot of rather large discrepancies between Brad's ammended affidavit and what is provided in the sw affidavit based in part on statements he made to LE during interviews.

The largest being that the house was cleaned by him before Nancy returned from her visit with her folks. Yet in the sw affidavit he told LE they had argued about it and he cleaned that Saturday morning because of the argument - hmmmm. The second glaring one is that he was happy about Nancy painting and earning extra money, yet the sw affidavit indicates that there was an argument about the painitng issue on the Friday before she disappeared.

I guess LE and the DA are certainly happy this fellow likes to make himself look good. Wow :bang:

As a matter of fact, didn't they argue all day about it? And Nancy said he was back in "hate mode" again.

I'm currently going through the amendment and rebuttal affidavit. In absolutely no particular order:

1. My first thought, being personally opposed to carrying consumer debt or having any debt on depreciating assets, is that I would be upset if I had a spouse who lived beyond our means and budget or ever compromised our savings. :eek: (That's my personal bailiwick as I'm a big believer in establishing and maintaining savings and not spending more than budgeted for discretionary items). "Cary Lifestyle" be damned--financial freedom is where it's at! (IMHO) Those two needed a Dave Ramsey intervention.

We definitely have some common ground...now off to lead Week 7 of FPU at my church.

RC...this is his wonderful attorneys he is paying to get a decent job done for him. All they are doing for him is :footinmouth:
I agree the DA and LE are smiling right about now and :highfive:

As a matter of fact, didn't they argue all day about it? And Nancy said he was back in "hate mode" again.

One thing about these affidavits - it is easy to see that the rules of the game do indeed change to suit his purpose and his whims. No way this guy was straight up about anything to anyone.

Oh yes! Thank you for bringing that up. Totally forgot to mention those 2 items.

VERY GLARING indeed.

WHY would Brad say he and Nancy had been 'arguing' that Friday about her painting and earning extra $$ if he claims he was totally fine with it? Then what's to ARGUE about? I personally never understood why he had an issue with her wanting to earn some $$ since he wanted her on a tighter budget AND didn't want to give her (extra) money. But he told LE they were arguing about it and J.A. asserts that she knew this was an area of contention, which means Nancy must have told her.

And the cleaning. This is really strange. Nancy tells multiple people the house was a complete mess. Brad admits Nancy was upset with him over the state of the house so he spent at LEAST FOUR hours (and likely longer) cleaning/scrubbing/vacuuming/laundering on 7/12, FIVE DAYS after she returns from HH. He says it was their custom to clean the house once a week (and points out the vinegar/water cleaning routine on the hardwoods).

So was the house a mess when she returned on 7/5 or NOT? And if not, then WHY was Nancy 'upset' with him about the house being a mess? That's what he told LE and it's specifically his reason for going on a cleaning spree that Sat. morning. So which is it? WHY did he have to spend at least 4 hours cleaning on Sat. 7/12 if he had the house in not such a mess when Nancy returned 5 days before? He said they discussed him cleaning over the phone while she was in HH and that said he spent Sat./Sun before she got back cleaning up. He mentioned he did not do the bathrooms, floors or playroom. Most wives would expect to see some disarray upon returning home from a week's vacation; can't imagine it would be that big of a deal unless the spouse was some kind of perfectionist. How messy could their house have been with only Brad there that week? The kids were with Nancy.

I hardly consider it mild. From my personal experience, athletes who compete at the level BC does seem to have a sense of superiority over others in general. They somehow set themselves apart as elitists. It doesn't surprise me that he would use that arena (her lack of athleticism) to get back at JA. It is his claim to fame and his major source of self-esteem.

Red, take a look at my prior post about this. While he's taking down JA a notch or 3 on her athleticism, he's also telling us that his wife was very fit...well...read what I think about that and let me know your thoughts.

WHY would Brad say he and Nancy had been 'arguing' that Friday about her painting and earning extra $$ if he claims he was totally fine with it? Then what's to ARGUE about? I personally never understood why he had an issue with her wanting to earn some $$ since he wanted her on a tighter budget AND didn't want to give her (extra) money. But he told LE they were arguing about it and J.A. asserts that she knew this was an area of contention, which means Nancy must have told her.

My guess is that he was arguing about when she was doing it, not that she was doing it. He said he had a tennis match scheduled....her going painting would obviously conflict with that and could lead to an argument.

My guess is that he was arguing about when she was doing it, not that she was doing it. He said he had a tennis match scheduled....her going painting would obviously conflict with that and could lead to an argument.

Wonder why he didn't tell LE that little tidbit - the tennis match.

That's an assumption you're making (upset about time/scheduling) that Brad doesn't address in any of his affidavits or responses or rebuttals.

1. He did not tell LE he had tennis plans...but he told them they had been arguing over her helping the friend paint. He never mentioned TIME as being an issue. AND if he's expecting to play tennis around 9:30am and is upset about his plans being thwarted, then WHY wasn't he 'worried' or 'upset' about Nancy not getting home? Afterall, his plans were being affected...not only possibly by her painting at the friend's house, but more importantly, by the fact she LEFT at 7am and never came home AND the friend reported she never showed up to help paint! Further, he never said if it was his expectation that Nancy would take the kids with her when she went to paint or not. He says he had tennis plans. He expected to be playing tennis...up until the time she never came home and he had to postpone and then cancel.

2. In his affidavit he says he had tennis plans. He does not (appear to) tell LE this information. Or if he told them they failed to note it in their affidavit.

3. He told LE he was 'cleaning from 9am to 1pm.'

4. In his affidavit he says he postponed the tennis plans and then canceled them (by 9:30am). Note: He's been cleaning all this time, according to what he told LE.

Red, take a look at my prior post about this. While he's taking down JA a notch or 3 on her athleticism, he's also telling us that his wife was very fit...well...read what I think about that and let me know your thoughts.
I did read it, found it interesting and agree it would be hard to "catch" her. Also, it appears that he is proud of Nancy's athleticism...about the only positive he feels toward her. Supports my theory.

Wonder why he didn't tell LE that little tidbit - the tennis match.

Are we sure he didn't/hasn't at any point in time?
Or does LE have to disclose all dialog/info that BC disclosed thus far in SW affidavit they submit? If not, then maybe that level of detail (the particulars of the argument) were discussed, and ncsu95's example could very well be viable: they were arguing about her plans to go painting Saturday AM...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper