WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Hwy 19 is the main road in and out. At this time, the end that goes to downtown Weston is closed for construction. The only way to downtown is one narrow road across the river (and it is closed while the school buses run) and I-79, so there is much less traffic than usual, but still quite a bit. I-79 runs near there too, but you have to go up a big steep hill to get to it. The river is deep in some spots and very shallow in others. Very muddy bottom, you would sink to your knees if you stepped in it. No water moccasins around here, mostly copperheads and timber rattlers are the poisonous ones. The river does have rather large carp. The city water is by the river on Hwy 19. There's a little dam that goes across the river, maybe 3 or 4 feet high, but the water is swift there. The wooden bridge I mentioned earlier is what scares me. It would be very east to fall off that. I did find a birth announcement for one of the younger children. I do not think the older children live with them. They may have a different mother. The armory is the bus stop for the area, so if she had older children, they would catch the bus there. There are a couple of older girls that catch the bus there that I haven't met yet, so they could belong to her.

Hi there - thank you for the info! It's helpful to try to understand this rural area!

If you saw the same birth announcement I did, it stated the child was the 5th child born to the mother. I sure wish the media would release her name so we could have an open discussion :(

I also noticed a bio-dad wasn't listed on the announcement (only mom and her mother). It's my understanding that Aliayah has 2 older siblings and 2 younger siblings. Of course I'm not sure they all live in the same home.

Here it is almost noon and no updates - very frustrating.

Thanks again --

Mel

Does anyone know where the residence is in comparison to the church on the map. I would think it would be very close by.

As near as I can tell she is missing from the Dennison St area. Not very far from the search staging area:

Attachments

• Area and Staging area.png
    Area and Staging area.png
    601 KB · Views: 43
Dennison Street and how close the river is:

Attachments

• 49 Dennison Street.png
    49 Dennison Street.png
    580.2 KB · Views: 75
About the dogs tracking to the river...

We have learned from our wonderful experts here at WS that SAR dogs' ability to accurately and reliably track a child depends greatly upon the type of traing each dog recieves. Some are very well trained, some are not.

I have seen LE in other missing child cases using dogs which have been trained for game hunting or prison dogs, to look for lost children or buried remains. Sometimes they mistakenly assume that all tracking dogs are good for all purposes.

I respect the work that searchers are doing in this case, but I still hold out hope that this little girl might not be in the river. After all, the dogs were going to end up at the river no matter which way they went, since the river encircles the town.

I am afraid that we may be dealing with a child who has been gone longer than what has been reported to police. I hope that she is alive and with someone who won't hurt her, even though it's a long shot.

About the dogs tracking to the river...

We have learned from our wonderful experts here at WS that SAR dogs' ability to accurately and reliably track a child depends greatly upon the type of traing each dog recieves. Some are very well trained, some are not.

I have seen LE in other missing child cases using dogs which have been trained for game hunting or prison dogs, to look for lost children or buried remains. Sometimes they mistakenly assume that all tracking dogs are good for all purposes.

I respect the work that searchers are doing in this case, but I still hold out hope that this little girl might not be in the river. After all, the dogs were going to end up at the river no matter which way they went, since the river encircles the town.

I am afraid that we may be dealing with a child who has been gone longer than what has been reported to police. I hope that she is alive and with someone who won't hurt her, even though it's a long shot.

My hope as well that she is with someone who is looking after her.

I've never seen such a lack of information on a missing child and I'm just wondering if the lack of information is a direct result of the Casey Anthony case and the role social media played in that case. Just a thought...

Someone who says she is the little girl's aunt is on another forum. Could we invite her to here?

Thanks

Kelly

My hubby is from Weston,it is a small friendly town..With water running thru it everywhere.What concerns me is the color of the water..It is very muddy,especially after a rain.If she is in the water,it would be impossible to see her until she surfaced...

I've never seen such a lack of information on a missing child and I'm just wondering if the lack of information is a direct result of the Casey Anthony case and the role social media played in that case. Just a thought...

I don't think so. That case had it owns "special appeal" to the masses. Many children wander off or end up being murdered by a parent and it never makes the news, that has always been the case, unfortunately.

New members are always welcome at WS. I think family members of victims need to be verified by Tricia though.

Please do !!

Not too sure about this other site. I've never seen before yesterday. The name is right (I think) and there is a photo of her. I find it hard to believe she found this other site but not WS.

Maybe someone can join that forum and invite her. It couldn't hurt. If she isn't who she claims to be at least we tried...

Kelly

My hubby is from Weston,it is a small friendly town..With water running thru it everywhere.What concerns me is the color of the water..It is very muddy,especially after a rain.If she is in the water,it would be impossible to see her until she surfaced...

Hey Nurse I remember you telling us that when your MIL passed away. I am about 100 miles from there. I sure hope they find her today and all is well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CooperDeVille