WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to see any more minor sleuthing in here. It's a pet peeve of mine and will surely cause me to grab my ray gun. :saber:

Weston, West Virginia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weston,_West_Virginia

1.7 sq miles with about 5,000 people total and nobody saw or heard Aliayah from 6:30 to 9:30 on the morning of the 24th. This is a small town in a small area.

I don't think Aliayah wandered off and got into the river. Dogs barking and chasing her into the river - heck that would have woke up the whole town and they would still be talking about it. Disappeared with no trace in a small town does not bode well for this precious baby imo.

I'm thinking along the same lines. Not much coming from LE so my thoughts are they are searching, interviewing, interrogating? and trying to check alibi's.

Lots of thoughts going through my mind, including whether Aliayah was even in town last night? Did the go out anywhere? Anyone come there? When was the last time she was seen by a non-family member?

Lot's of possibilities.... Too many to consider this late.

Night all.

Praying there is good news in the morning for this precious child.

MOD NOTE: Unless LE gives us reason to assume otherwise, Aliayah's mother is a victim. Therefore, sleuthing her personal records and past history is not allowed. Thank you.

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Any local who wishes to provide insider information which cannot be found in main stream media articles please read the link above and consider being verified before you bring insider information to the thread. THANKS.

There is no requirement that you become verified but if you are not verified, you cannot offer information without a link.

Don't really know exactly what the FB poster was trying to say.....but the possibility of a 3yo child outrunning a dog/s for more than about four steps is very unlikely at best....

Right -- think about it and play it out in your mind.

Can you imagine a dog chasing a toddler into a river? Not me.

I can see said dog bounding up on her and toppling her over, but not chasing a toddler over terrain into a river. Nope - not happening in my world.

My opinion only.

Mel

ETA: I say terrain because that's what I perceive from watching the news coverage. It appears you have to go through bush and down a hill in the area they were searching.

Tomorrow, storms are moving in. It could take that river up several feet.

Anyone know if there are trails along that part of the river? I know there are in other areas but not sure about that stretch of it.

Sharedspirit, hi and thank you. I was raised upriver in the Ohio Valley. Does rt 79 go towards the Ohio side?I cant do too much on my moldy mobile phone. Whats the major job source there..military? 5 kids is alot, last time I was there it was in a horrible recession. Youns have had alot of rain too? If that river is over 6ft its running fast? poor little baby girl!

I missed your post earlier. 79 is the interstate that goes from Charleston up through Clarksburg, Fairmont, Morgantown and into Pennsylvania. Oil & Gas jobs are probably the major job source there right now. We have had a lot of rain and it's supposed to start again tomorrow.

I'm wondering if LE have spoken to the army corps of engineers about possibly holding back the river at the dam so that they can continue searching if it rains a lot.

I missed your post earlier. 79 is the interstate that goes from Charleston up through Clarksburg, Fairmont, Morgantown and into Pennsylvania. Oil & Gas jobs are probably the major job source there right now. We have had a lot of rain and it's supposed to start again tomorrow.

I'm wondering if LE have spoken to the army corps of engineers about possibly holding back the river at the dam so that they can continue searching if it rains a lot.

Did I read that the West Fork river runs North? I wonder where it ends.

hi guys lets hope this last post is not true.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lewis-Co-InfoNews-Talk/175783025798138

have sleuthed the mother and obviously like a lot of people on here, know that her history aint good, but will not put it on here.....just want to say that the rumors someone posted from the church do seem to be true.

Yes, this is true. While it's about 400 miles away from the scene, I don't think it's our girl :( We would have heard by now.

Also because the article was updated Sunday at 9:23 AM - this would give LE plenty of time to notify the family.

From the comments posted, it appears that perhaps this was a mother/child hanging around with this SO.

It's no good anyway you look at it.

Source: http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/News/article.php?id=94566

Mel

what does that mean?

"Around 9 or 9:30, I went back in to wake her up and she was gone," said Lena Lunsford, Aliayah's mother.

Does this mean the mom saw her earlier? When did she originally go in, as to say "I went back" means to me a 2nd time.

When was the first time?

MOO

Mel

If there are other siblings, there are probably shared rooms. Mother goes in to get one kid or put them back to sleep after a feeding wakeup, sees Aliayah, goes in at 9:30 to get her up for the day. Or the bedroom door is open, mom walks by to use the toilet or get a drink, and sees her. Or Aliayah wakes up and is told to go back to bed. I see my kids at weird hours all the time.

I hate to bring back bad memories, but are 3-year olds going to unlock doors to go outside and then close them behind them?

Yep. I mentioned in the Kienan Hebert case that my brother did it at younger than three, twice. I thought some reports said the door was found open though? Was that just a rumour?

As for the girl's age, I think the NCMEC information has her birthday as late July, so she's recently three.

Yes, she's 3. The posters indicate her DOB as 7/29/2008 (so she just recently turned 3). She's very close in age to Caylee Marie (when she went missing). Has no relevence, but it just caused me to pause...

Mel

Lewis County Girl Missing
Posted Sunday, September 25, 2011 ; 06:28 PM
Updated Monday, September 26, 2011; 12:50 AM

Authorities were continuing to question Aliayah's mother and other family members on Sunday.

The Lewis County Sheriff's Department, Weston City Police, State Police and the FBI are involved in the search and investigation.

Mother said she checked on her at 6:30 and again at 9:30. She was gone. LE said they got the call at 11:30. LE said they had no leads. It was as if she just vanished. She was not wearing shoes.

(This was on the video)

http://wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=108621

Lewis County Girl Missing
Posted Sunday, September 25, 2011 ; 06:28 PM
Updated Monday, September 26, 2011; 12:50 AM

Mother said she checked on her at 6:30 and again at 9:30. She was gone. LE said they got the call at 11:30. LE said they had no leads. It was as if she just vanished. She was not wearing shoes.

(This was on the video)

http://wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=108621

I guess that explains why searches didn't start until 11:30.

They are so focused on the river. There has to be a reason. Poor baby. I still think we will have an answer soon.

K.

That's ok. WV isn't part of the south...........

I don't know how it's relevant, but geography is a hobby of mine and I have a bachelor's degree in American Studies (the most fun major ever!). WVA is considered part of the south by the U.S. Census bureau and by culture experts. It's generally thought of us part of the south, in American culture and the southern part of WVA is usually thought of as part of Dixie. Southern United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

West Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WVA, however, actually became a state by seceding from VA during the civil war, apparently not wanting to secede from the Union.

While Appalachia is often thought to be a very insular region, where people may not trust strangers very much, and Weston is apparently located in the Allegheny Mountains, part of Appalachia, times have changed. Life is more modern. People are more transient these days.

I don't think we are talking about reclusive mountain folk in the area Aliayah lives. I'm betting the people there are friendly enough and as it appears to be a smaller town, I'm sure the people there know each other fairly well and tend to rally when something awful happens.

As an interesting side note, Weston is home to the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum: http://www.travelgreenappalachia.com/travel-green-in-weston-wv/

I don't know how it's relevant, but geography is a hobby of mine and I have a bachelor's degree in American Studies (the most fun major ever!). WVA is considered part of the south by the U.S. Census bureau and by culture experts. It's generally thought of us part of the south, in American culture and the southern part of WVA is usually thought of as part of Dixie. Southern United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

West Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WVA, however, actually became a state by seceding from VA during the civil war, apparently not wanting to secede from the Union.

While Appalachia is often thought to be a very insular region, where people may not trust strangers very much, and Weston is apparently located in the Allegheny Mountains, part of Appalachia, times have changed. Life is more modern. People are more transient these days.

I don't think we are talking about reclusive mountain folk in the area Aliayah lives. I'm betting the people there are friendly enough and as it appears to be a smaller town, I'm sure the people there know each other fairly well and tend to rally when something awful happens.

As an interesting side note, Weston is home to the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum: http://www.travelgreenappalachia.com/travel-green-in-weston-wv/

You are completely right. It couldn't be more irrelevant. I don't care if it's east, west, north, south or mars! Something is horribly wrong here and a little girl needs to be found.

I may be wrong and I hope I am, but I feel like we are all this little baby has right now. Us, and those who are physically there trying to find her. God bless them.

I mean no disrespect to her family but I confess to reading the rumors online and I hope with all my heart they are not true. *IF* they are, I don't think she had a chance.

I still hold fast and believe the truth will be known soon and we will know where our little one is.

K.

. Searchers searched areas along Middle Run Road, Terrace Avenue, West Fork River, behind Lewis County High School, Rt. 19, and many other areas in looking for the girl.
Deputy M.S. Posey of the Lewis County Sheriff's Department is heading up the investigation that also involves other members of the Lewis County Sheriff's Department, Weston City Police, West Virginia State Police, Lumberport Police, among others.
According to Posey, it is as though the girl just dissapeared because there is a lack of clues to lead searchers otherwise.

http://www.centralwestvirginian.net/

the time line is confusing to me. mom says she saw the baby at 6:30am (i'll assume she is just checking in on her at that point in time), then mom says she went back to wake her up at the 9-9:30ish time. this makes me think baby girl is used to staying up late because toddlers dont usually sleep in that late. does anyone know if mom has to get up for a job and thats why she was waking her up at that time?

i'm not sure where i'm going with this- i just know something doesnt seem right about the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kr1230