WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 #14 *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So nobody is trying to find her? I'm glad I'm not a local....
I don't think I would be able to leave her out there.

https://twitter.com/AllanTaylorWVU/status/986994359534018560

Allan Taylor
‏

@AllanTaylorWVU
1h1 hour ago

Defense counsel Tom Dyer tells MetroNews "it's doubtful" his client Lena Lunsford will take the stand in her murder trial, but that could change based on Friday's expected testimony from her oldest daughter.

Interesting. Could the prosecution plan on resting after the oldest daughter testifies? I . can't . even . imagine . Lena taking the stand and calling her daughter a liar. Let's just hope the family members attending the trial have enough patience and self discipline to not jump up and strangle Lena. It would take every ounce of energy I had if I were family and in that court room. I'm still blown away she's making her daughters testify.

I hope the family and daughters have lots and lots of support as this trial proceeds.

Ex-members of motorcycle gang deny involvement with Aliayah’s vanishing

A Lewis County sheriffs corporal investigating the disappearance of 3-year-old Aliayah Lunsford says he evaluated and debunked a 2016 tip that a motorcycle gang exchanged drugs for the toddler.

The child’s mother, Lena Lunsford, is standing trial for murder this week though Aliayah has been missing since 2011. Without a victim’s body, defense attorneys are expected to explore the possibility that members of the Pagan’s motorcycle gang played a role.

[...]

Combing through hundreds of leads — including a series of so-called psychics claiming to possess information — Carpenter became intrigued by one in particular in July 2016. A tip came from a Harrison County lawman who said two ex-members of the Pagan motorcycle gang possessed information about Aliayah being sold into human trafficking in exchange for a pound of heroin.

Upon receiving denials from Brian Mitchell and James Claypool, both of whom reportedly left the Pagans in 2009, Carpenter said he dismissed the theory.

When prosecutors called Mitchell and Claypool to the stand Thursday, both emphatically denied ever hearing of the gang’s involvement with Aliayah.

“Completely false,” Mitchell said.

[...]

Friday, April 20th:
*Trial continues (Day 5) (@ 9am ET) - WV - Aliayah Lunsford (3) (Sept. 24, 2011; not found) - Lena Marie Lunsford Conaway (34), "mom" indicted (3/6/17) on 4 counts: Murder of a child by parent by failure to provide necessities, which carries a life sentence; death of a child by parent by child abuse, which carries up to 40 years in prison; child abuse resulting in injury, which carries 1-5 years; and concealment of a dead body, which also carries 1-5 years. Pled not guilty. Jurors consist of 12 women, 2 men & 2 women alternates. No trial hearing on 4/30. Trial should last about 2 weeks.
4/19/18: Judge Jake Reger expects arguments from both sides in the case to wrap up by the end of the day Monday, 4/23.

Thank you to everyone who is posting the updates from the trial. I really appreciate it!
:yourock:

God Bless the two sisters fo telling an adult about what they knew regarding Aliayah and having the courage to testify today. I hope they know how many people are proud of them.

Yes indeed, Cubby.

Those then 9 and 11-year olds were obviously severely traumatized by the murder of their sister. In addition, they were so afraid of their mother. I don't wonder in the least that it took them 4 years to tell what happened. They had very good parenting and religious training. Now, they are so much more mature and understand better that their silence wouldn't help. Now, their futures need to include lots of love and guidance.

The image of a distraught, young girl trying to help her critically wounded little sister by giving her Flintstone vitamins is so heart-breaking. :(

https://twitter.com/AllanTaylorWVU/status/987335440867975168

Allan Taylor
‏

@AllanTaylorWVU
4h4 hours ago

Lena Lunsford's oldest daughter — now 18, and 11 at the time of 3-year-old Aliayah Lunsford's vanishing — testifies she heard her mother strike Aliayah with the wooden slat. Says Aliayah was having trouble standing, so mom told siblings to put the toddler to bed.

https://twitter.com/AllanTaylorWVU/status/987335965571190785

Allan Taylor
‏

@AllanTaylorWVU
4h4 hours ago

Daughter, ID'd as KC, says she discovered Aliayah not breathing the next morning. So Lena Lunsford went to attempt CPR and put the toddler in cold-water tub. KC and other sister DC suggested their mom call for help “but every time she blew it off.”

https://twitter.com/AllanTaylorWVU/status/987336447001858053

Allan Taylor
‏

@AllanTaylorWVU
4h4 hours ago

KC supports DC's earlier testimony that their mom "grabbed a basket, put some clothes in it, then put Aliayah in it then some more clothes." Then testifies Lena Lunsford put four kids in the van with Aliayah's body and drove to rural area of Vadis.

https://twitter.com/AllanTaylorWVU/status/987337313654050818

Allan Taylor
‏

@AllanTaylorWVU
4h4 hours ago

KC says she followed Lena Lunsford part way into the woods before the mother continued carrying the hamper with Aliayah's body out of sight. After "quite a while," her mom returned and they drove away w/ Lunsford periodically throwing out clothes that had wrapped around Aliayah.

Why would you take the other kids with you to dump a child's body?
That still makes no sense to me. She just created witnesses to her dumping the body as well.
If she had left them at home, I'm not sure she would have been charged.
I don't get it. Maybe she's just an idiot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89
Back